Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Guest satsuki92

oh @sugar how can you make me love you more than i already doooo!!! thanks for giving us the translations always ^^ i watched the video without translations but now its much much better ;)   i lol-ed so hard at the part where he said that the man grabbed his butt O_O

Guest alysanne

@satsuki92: Going there now!  (Dude, the 20's Drama Star line-up is a difficult choice. GAH!)   :-S

Guest christine86

Today Jo Jung Suk oppa reached 20% while Ailee is 38.8% and Lee Jung Suk is 24.5%. Im Si Wan is almost catching Jung Suk oppa with 18.6%. It seems oppa is getting more and more attention. Is there any fangirls who watched the newest CF of oppa? please share link if u guys got any news. I miss oppa so much.

Guest satsuki92

@sugar HAHAH! i watched that one just now, i think he was laughing at the way the bonbon actress acted out her death XD the way she fell whilst spasming was beyond funny for me too 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq6R2RNIQsUJJS interview with Nylon  TV. Does that mean we'll get to see photo sets of him in Nylon soon? /excited. 
He looks good, the specs look good on him 0:22 - he talks about how Nabddeuki is very popular with the guys and ESK is very popular with the females 1:03 - he talks about the memorable lines in his role as ESK1:18 - WHY. ARE. YOU. SO. CUTE.

Guest satsuki92

Hi @forever girl !!! ^^ i've been fine hope you are too. although my stalker fan girl-ness is scaring me

omg. controversy.
I always thought JJS went to the army before he started doing musicals but apparently he was exempted and so he never went to the army. But now, because of Kim Mu Yeol (for reasons of which I still have not found out), JJS is now dragged into a draft dodging controversy. (Draft dodging means trying to get away with doing military service and as explained by The Korean here, draft dodging is taken very seriously by the general public and you can ruin your career just by draft dodging. E.g. MC Mong)
Here's the article:http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=381315&year=2012
and another:http://www.ebuzz.co.kr/news/shoop/2604439_3025.html ^This one says that after his dad passed away, he had to take care of his mum (who is much older than him and so should be quite old and I think really needs care) so he applied for an exemption and the application got approved. And because his dad passed away when he was retaking his SATs so I think they gave him the exemption on the circumstance that the family was undergoing financial difficulty because apparently he had to submit his bank books for checks and they also did a check on his assets under his name etc.
And I think his company clarified that the exemption had nothing to do with draft dodging, it was just something he received when he was younger because of his family financial situation and... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know what's going to happen next. I don't even understand how did this controversy even start.
I'll come back with more news if I see any.

Guest satsuki92

OMG THANKS @sugar!!! i've came across articles regarding that issue and was about to post the links here! his manager tweeted something yesterdayhttp://prain.com/hunt/bbs/zboard.php?id=diary&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=884
the translation came up wonky BUT i think it has something to do with this issue T_T 
i've heard about his family situation during interviews so i think that he has a valid reason. i believe in him! Jo Jung Suk-sshi FIGHTIIIIING 

@satsuki92 That post talks about Kim Mu Yeol, so I won't translate it. But it basically talks about Kim Mu Yeol's life (and family situation) from 2002 to early 2011 and how he was supposed to go to the army as a commando in 2002 because he had no money to go to university but his dad had a cerebral hemorrhage. And then I think everything just went downhill from there. 

And actually, I'm rather surprised the army gave them the exemptions. Because neither of them are the only sons at home, JJS has two older brothers and KMY has a younger brother (if I'm not wrong). But that aside, I don't understand what the issue about this is. If the army approved their exemptions, I think people should just accept it. I mean, if they are in a tight financial situation and it is proven then clearly the army will give it to them too. Besides, (I'm not sure about KMY's case since I'm not following it so I won't comment on him), JJS got his exemption in 2000 when he was still in school. That would mean that his exemption application was processed on a fair and unbiased basis and not because he is an artiste and got around to pulling strings to get himself of the army. 
Ugh, SK needs to revamp their military service drafting policies and their perception of the issue. For one, they need to get the Yoo Seung Jun-syndrome out of their heads and realise that not every actor/idol/singer who gets an exemption for whatever reason is out to dodge their military draft.
I'm ranting too much.