Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Jo Jung Suk Comments On Being In A Public Relationship With Gummy And Potential Marriage

Jo-Jung-Suk-Gummy.jpg

Actor Jo Jung Suk carefully opened up about his relationship with his singer girlfriend Gummy in a recent interview.

The two of them admitted they were dating in 2015, and are currently in their fifth year together. Their relationship has always been a quiet and secretive one, which is why there have been rumors about a break-up. However, recently during the 2017 MBC Drama Awards, he mentioned her name while receiving his Male High Excellence Award, and indirectly let everyone know they were still dating.

Jo Jung Suk said, “The reason why I mentioned her was because I’m grateful that she’s a huge fan of my dramas. [While I was filming “Two Cops,”] I didn’t have enough time to really see her or even talk to her. I would come home, sleep, wake up, and go to the [filming set] like a zombie. She was busy with concerts as well. I think all we exchanged were words like, ‘I’m enjoying your work.'”

At a question about articles about their rumored breakup, Jo Jung Suk laughed while replying, “I never even heard about those rumors. We’re dating well.” Concerning marriage, the actor said, “We don’t have particular wedding plans yet. Perhaps it’s because we’ve been dating for a long time, but I get asked that a lot. It’s only right for me to tell you if we do have such plans, but we don’t have any right now. The right thing to do would be to tell you when it’s time, right?”

The actor also commented on the negative parts of being in a public relationship for so long. Jo Jung Suk honestly shared, “If we’re talking about uncomfortable aspects, it’s when I get asked questions like this, and I just say what’s on my mind but then the articles only focus on this . So, it’s very unfortunate. I think that’s what is difficult about public relationships. Because my words can be delivered in a different way contrary to my intentions, it can be burdensome and difficult.”

Source

B&W pics from yesterday's interview :wub:

N7Hva8c.jpg7PQ5a78.jpgvYUvvIP.jpgv7YGNTw.jpg

• Like 2

Translated media interview by @ForJojeol >>>  https://forjojeol.wordpress.com/

[INTERVIEW] 180122 Jo JungSuk – “Two Cops” post-interview (Part 1)

January 22, 2018

Jo JungSuk “Can’t understand the criticism towards Hyeri’s acting.. A good actress”

In a morning of Jan 22, Jo JungSuk sat down with reporters to do interview after ‘Two Cops’ ended. He told about his recent activities these days. He said, “After ‘Two Cops’ ended, I practice for theater play ‘Amadeus’. Actually the group practice has started before the drama ended. I join the practice a bit late”.

On its last episode, ‘Two Cops’ received rating for 9.7%. “I’m relieved about the ratings. I knew the drama didn’t receive good response and many people were upset after the first episode. The drama team also knew it. But it’s not a big deal for me because we have great teamwork. I thought the response will be well if we do our best until the end”, said Jo JungSuk.

The drama also receives criticism about its story plot. On this, Jo JungSuk said, “I also feel that part is a bit lacking. The first time I received the script, I really like the sequence. The writer is really good in writing. But because there are so many characters and things (cases) that have to solve, the story plot and detail in it are lacking. I’m agree to that point because sometimes I also feel that way. Like ‘why is the key/important reason don’t have so much detail in it?’. But beside it, our drama team and actors are one. Our teamworks is very good and we used our head together to make a good scene until the end. I would like to think that it will lead to good results”.

In this interview, Jo JungSuk was asked about the criticism towards Hyeri’s acting. He said, “Honestly I can’t understand the criticism. I personally think her acting is good”.

He continued, “There maybe a part of the acting that don’t match with the drama, but I personally think that acting is good. It maybe lead to develop the acting ability and become more good actor/actress. Actually, the person who knows best about someone’s acting is the person who act together with that person. And I received good impression. If I want to say about Hyeri’s acting, she is a good actress who can act”.

After ‘Two Cops’ ended, Hyeri wrote a personal letter to fans telling she will reflect on her acting. On this, Jo JungSuk said, “I think that’s really cool of her (laughs). When filming, we always support each other. The fact that Hyeri has courage to post that letter is really cool. I may even doesn’t have that kind of courage”. He continued, “I can feel her sincerity through that letter. As a fellow actor, she is so cool. As a senior and big brother, she is admirable”.

Jo JungSuk and Hyeri are 14 years old apart. On this, he said, “Ha… (smiles). I have said that it’s not a big deal for me. I also have acted with IU in the past and the age range isn’t a problem. But sometimes I feel the gap generation. It’s when we were joking or talking about personal matters. For example, there are songs and singers that I don’t know. And we talked a lot about drama ‘Reply 1988’. I told her that I’m a fan of that drama. Hyeri said she didn’t know about the popular “nice to meet you” word at first and did research about it. That’s when I feel a generation gap between us. We’re the same in terms of mental age (maturity)”.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He acknowledges that the plot is lacking!  Aigoo, I really hope that he will choose a better script the next time.  Two Cops is really not well executed!  The final fight scene between CDT and the angel got me all dizzy cos of the the camera angles and the super fast switch between the sequences!  Love the bromance though but not so much the storyline and the romance is really unnecessary :huh:  Glad that the drama finished on a high though!  

Edit :  His reply to the criticisms directed at Hyeri for her bad acting "There maybe a part of the acting that don’t match with the drama"   seems rather "ambiguous".....being the professional consummate actor that he is, he seems to be saying that her acting does not fit well with the feisty reporter character and in other words, Hyeri is a good actress but this role probably does not suit her and there's still room for improvement for her (and for himself as well).  Well said, Jungsuk-ssi!

(on another website, it's translated as “Her acting could have not fit well with our project in some ways but I still think her acting is good. I think we both continued to act while believing that we’re becoming better actors.”)

Another selfie :D

nkqOkLa.jpg

• Like 2

[INTERVIEW] 180122 Jo JungSuk – “Two Cops” post-interview (Part 2)

Jo JungSuk “Break up with Gummy? It’s news for me… We’re meeting well”

m62IZ1g.jpg

In a morning of Jan 22, Jo JungSuk sat down with reporters to do interview after ‘Two Cops’ ended. In this interview, Jo JungSuk was asked about his feeling after received Top Excellence Award in ‘MBC Drama Awards 2017’. He said, “It’s a good thing to receive an award. I’m happier at the fact that Kim SeonHo can receive Excellence Award as well as Rookie Award. When I received Rookie Award at musical award in the past, older brothers around me were also happy, slapped my head, and they went crazy. Now I can understand how those older brothers felt at that time. But I don’t slaps someone’s head (laughs)”.

When he was asked about the most attached acting partner, he answered, “That kind of question is the most difficult”. He then said, “When I received Top Excellence Award, I can see Lee YoonJi, Kim MiKyung-sunbaenim, and Lee MiSook-sunbaenim. Maybe people were wondering what I’m talking about but as I talked the memory from the first time I do a drama were flashing in my mind. Lee MiSook-sunbaenim said this at the ceremony ‘Regardless of age, an actor must do the best in acting’. With that saying, I’m reflect on myself that think it’s physically hard to act (in ‘Two Cops’) and the thoughts of ‘If I can get more sleep…’”. He continued, “I act with Lee YoonJi in drama ‘The King 2 Hearts’. I act with Lee MiSook-sunbaenim in ‘You’re the Best Lee SoonShin’ and ‘Jealousy Incarnate’. I act with Kim MiKyung-sunbaenim in my very first drama ‘What’s Up’. They caught my eyes in the ceremony. I think Lee YoonJi and drama ‘The King 2 Hearts’ are the most memorable project for me”.

In the interview, he was also asked about the rumor that he breaks up with Gummy. He said, “There’s a rumor like that? I’ve never heard of it. We’re meeting well. I don’t know there’s a story like that”.

At ‘MBC Drama Awards 2017’, Jo JungSuk spoke about Gummy in his Top Excellence Award acceptance speech. On this he said, “I didn’t bring her up to bring down the break up rumor. I also did that when ‘Jealousy Incarnate’, I just thanked her because she always gives a lot of support in my project”.

He was also asked about his marriage plan. He said, “There’s nothing plan yet about marriage at the moment. I got a lot of questions about that because we’re dating for a long time now. If there is a good news, it’s the right thing to say about it. But there’s nothing as of now”.

It’s also known that Gummy said she support Jo JungSuk’s drama at her concert. On this, Jo JungSuk said, “I’m grateful although I couldn’t go to her concert”.

• Like 2

[INTERVIEW] 180122 Jo JungSuk – “Two Cops” post-interview (Part 3)

‘Two Cops’ Jo JungSuk “Only sleep for 3 hours a day… Endured it with IV drips”

In a morning of Jan 22, Jo JungSuk sat down with reporters to do interview after ‘Two Cops’ ended. In this interview, he said, “The filming went for aroud 3 months. I slept 3~4 hours a day in average. It’s the time when I slept properly. Exclude the time I slept on the way in my car, it’s not more than 5 hours. Normally, a person will go crazy if only get 3 hours of sleep per day”.

On his 1 person 2 roles, he said, “I already predicted how hard to play 1 person 2 roles character, but I didn’t know it will be THIS hard. While filming, I can not help to think about the filming environment. It is good to have great environment, but I also wonder if I can do the 1 person 2 roles character which has so many scene. Not only me, it was hard for all of the staffs too”.

There’s a saying that an actor can only show the minimum of his/her acting in a drama. On this, Jo JungSuk said, “It makes sense. Actually, there are many things that I’m lack on. I think this is the drama that I have things to regret the most. The fact that I was physically tired is the thing that I regret the most. It’s not about the drama ratings etc. Actually, during filming I received IV drip around two times. I also ate GongJinDan (*Korean traditional medicine). I was filming while receiving treatments in hospital. I was hurt because of the action scene, but I have no choice beside do the filming”.

Jo JungSuk told about the review from martial arts director on him. He said, “I think he praised my action scene not because I’m really good but because I’m not good at it. But I’m still grateful for him to say that way”.

He continued, “I feel my stamina is the lowest while filming for ‘Two Cops’ but as I practice for ‘Amadeus’, I feel recharged now. Being on stage, it feels like I’m back to my hometown”.

About his contract with this current agency, Culture Depot, he said, “It’s true that my contract with current agency will end soon. It’s still open for many opportunities. Personally, I’m not the type who thinks ‘better safe than sorry’. That’s why I think I’ll discuss with my agency after ‘Two Cops’ ended. I also have in mind to hold hands with other agency. But for sure, I’m not in bad terms with my agency. I’ve been worked with them for 3 years and it was great. There’s still time before I start theater play ‘Amadeus’ so I’m not in rush”.

About things that still left in Jo JungSuk after ‘Two Cops’ ended, “The viewers who enjoy the drama, people who has new perception about me, people who shares joy and sorrow for 3 months through this drama”.

He was also asked about his goals for this year. “I’ve decided my goals. I want to challenge and transform myself into something new. It’s my personal thought. In my head I already think about what project I want to do next, what kind of character I want to portray next, what kind of acting I will do next. I think doing theater play ‘Amadeus’ is a good first step”, he said while smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UDKnVzj.png

Hope he gets some rest now before Amadeus starts its run!  

• Like 2

@kenjo80 It's okay...I'm sure there will be more opportunities for you to watch him perform in the future. My seat is actually soooo far away from the stage so I don't know how to enjoy. Hahaha. I'm thinking of bringing binoculars. Lol. I still plan to buy another ticket so I can watch him twice maybe with a better seat. Hopefully.

Thanks for sharing Suk's interviews. I like his honesty. Hyeri wasn't all that bad. It was the way her role was written which limited her even more. Even Suk's Cha DongTak was not very well written too. There was only much Suk could do. Even he was limited. Gong SooChang was slightly better written and so whenever Suk tranforms into SooChang thats when he truly shines. Two Cops started really well. Got messy and dragged in the middle. Thankfully it ended well. Ratings-wise it didn't do bad. It had decent ratings even claiming the top spot among its competition a few times. These days double digit ratings are quite hard to achieve among weekday dramas. So its 9.7% rating toward the end meant that people still watched it. It only proved that no matter how lacking a series is (story-wise and production-wise), people still tune in to watch Suk...coz let's face it. He carried the entire thing. What more if he appeared in a really good one?

I also hope Suk comes back with a better written drama next time. And I won't even insist he comes out with something so quickly. I would rather wait to see him with a really good project than see him again with another one and be frustrated again. So I agree with him that Amadeus will be a great first step at him achieving that goal he claims he had already set for himself.

Fighting Suk!!!

• Like 3

Hiii @kenjo80! thanks for the updates chingu! :tongue:

On 23/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, karen527 said:

Thankfully it ended well. Ratings-wise it didn't do bad. It had decent ratings even claiming the top spot among its competition a few times. These days double digit ratings are quite hard to achieve among weekday dramas. So its 9.7% rating toward the end meant that people still watched it. It only proved that no matter how lacking a series is (story-wise and production-wise), people still tune in to watch Suk...coz let's face it. He carried the entire thing. What more if he appeared in a really good one?

So agree with you. Watching him play both Dongtak and Suchang was such a joy from start to the end. He showed once again how versatile (and professional) he is with this drama despite being injured many times and the fact that the script was not up to expectation!

Happy that our actor is very much enjoying the rehearsal for Amadeus:wub:

@karen527 Remember to get your eyes check this time before seeing him hehehe

• Like 2

Jo Jung Suk Reveals When He Feels Generation Gap With Girl’s Day’s Hyeri

Jo Jung Suk recently sat down for an interview to commemorate the conclusion of his latest drama “Two Cops.”

See Also: "Two Cops" Comes To A Good End With Highest Ratings And No. 1 Spot

During the interview, he revealed that he sometimes felt a bit of a generation gap with his co-star Girls’ Day’s Hyeri whenever they talked about music in the waiting room.

The actor laughed as he admitted, “While listening to music by singers I liked a long time ago, Hyeri would sometimes ask, ‘What is this song?’ and I would feel a generation gap.”

0001013562_001_20180122113510786.jpg?w=2

He then added, “I personally like Lee Moon Sae’s music. I listen to his songs like ‘Old Love’ and ‘Standing Under the Shade of a Tree.’ But when I’m listening to his songs in the dressing room, Hyeri would ask, ‘Whose song is this?’ and I would get a bit surprised.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/22/jo-jung-suk-reveals-when-feels-generation-gap-girls-day-hyeri/

This is the songs he listened to

Spoiler

I hope JJS will sing these songs someday. Just found out the song "Girl" he sang in his Fanmeeting was also a song of Lee Moon Sae :wink:

• Like 2

@mintea18 Oh geez. You still remember my story? Haha. I will definitely get myself a new pair of glasses so that I'd be able to see Suk clearly. I am so excited to watch him do what he does best and which feels like home to him. I bet he is just as excited to perform for his fans. He must have missed theater.

• Like 3

Extract of [INTERVIEW] 180124 Jo JungSuk – “Two Cops” post-interview (Part 4)

Jo JungSuk is one of stars who received many CF love calls.

It’s a good thing to receive CF love calls and become a model. I think that’s because many advertisers and company acknowledge Jo JungSuk’s commercial value as an actor. An actor needs transformation. It’s not good for an actor to stay safe in one character. By doing commercials, I think it’s good to show new image of an actor. I chose my CFs carefully and full of consideration. I’m informed that I’m being a big help for doing commercial. It’s a win-win situation for us. Although my image won’t be worned out by doing commercials, but I feel the need to be more coordinated and careful.

My favourite CF actor :heart:

NmQSJUT.jpg

How do you feel about the commercials billboard at the subway station?

My friends always sent me a picture of it. They said “My friend, I’m proud of you” and I feel happy too. It feels like both the product and myself can be more imprinted in someone’s memory.

Usually billboard commercials at the subway station are full of congratulatory message from fans to idosl that have a birthday or comeback.

For me it’s like having a birthday every day (laugh).

Your wish in 2018.

In 2018, I want to face more challenges and transform myself more. In upcoming movie ‘Drug King’, I have a serious character because I’m the person who chase the 70s drug dealer. Beside this, I want to act in mellow genre and also as an antagonist who are not approachable by anyone. I also want to try a thriller genre. From I started my acting career until now, there aren’t many changes that I do in terms of character. But I wish I can do it more in the future. I want to become more out of the box.

Either as an actor or a person, I want to be more concern to my health. If we’re not healthy, there’s nothing we can do. There are times when I feel really tired while filming for ‘Two Cops’. But if I’m sick, I can’t do filming and my fans who always support me will also be upset. Health is important for me if I want to act in another good project, meet other people, and become more happy.

How do you feel about being in your last 30s now?

To say about my 30s, it’s a lovely and full of passion age for me. Next year I’ll turn 40. I always dream of changes in my last year of age (*he means in every year of age ending with 9, ex: 19, 29, 39). I’m reaching 40 soon, so it will be awkward if I still do 20s year old character. It depends on fate, but I wish I can do a character that match with my age as I grow old with my eyes and forehead wrinkles. But first thing first, I need to take care of my health so I won’t get tired easily (laughs).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aigoo, age is fast catching up and JungSuk-ssi will be 40 next year!  Stay healthy, be happy always!  

YESSSSSSSSS melodrama and thriller next!   Perhaps a weekend drama where he can be on our screen every weekend for 25 weeks and a drama with a great script that will draw ratings in the 40's:tongue: :wub:

• Like 4

Hahaha, Jung Suk ssi will join me in the 40s era :wink: But my fave genre still romcom. Age doesn’t matter :D My soul is still 30s :wink: 

Please have a melo or thriller! Just get a good script and do a drama this year :) 

@karen527 enjoy Amadeus! seems I can’t go also there. It’s always not easy if the schedule is not in school holiday time :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Other parts which he talked about Amadeus:

https://forjojeol.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/interview-180124-jo-jungsuk-two-cops-post-interview-4/

Tell us more about ‘Amadeus’.

It’s not like the usual theater play. There are many music scores will be involved that makes it more stand out. The stage mechanism is also new. I’m approaching my role by imagining it. I have to talk with a mix from the era of Mozart and modern day. I hope it will be appealing for the audience and they can feel the emotion. I’m still in the early stage of practicing so I need to imagine more to make a solid character of Mozart.  I also expecting and curious about Kim JaeWook as Mozart. I already knew him since we did "Hedwig" together. There are many actor I've worked with in the past who also starring in this play. I want to brag on how great these actors are. I’m excited to have synergy with them.

In the theater play, Jo JungSuk will play as music prodigy Mozart. Are you going to play piano on stage? (Jo JungSuk was playing piano before the interview start)

I really like music and it helps me a lot. [...] I’m still learning to play piano. The songs I played earlier was some of the song I’ll play on the stage. But my goals is to portray Mozart well rather than to play piano perfectly. I’m nervous but my hardwork of practice will pay for it.

========

Selfies with his Amadeus team at rehearsal place today! 

DUejD0rUMAE7v3v.jpg

DUeGHwpVoAEbJOI.jpg

DUeGHwrVwAAxuK6.jpg

Spoiler

fBkAxVz.jpg

• Like 3

This thread is so quiet again :( 

G2yK4pB.gif

I just finished watching the 3-hour long 1984 movie "Amadeus" and boy, it was such an amazing movie about the "short" (pun intended)  life of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart who was only 1.63m tall........the incredible story of Mozart's life told by his secret rival Antonio Salieri!  I can totally see JungSuk as the zany,  goofy genius Mozart who tragically died at only 35 years of age........BTW, Mozart was shown in the movie to have a very high-pitched giggle.......JungSuk-ssi as Mozart giggling away will be fascinating to see, that is if the Korean version of the play decides to portray Mozart having that loud giggle :D  Wonder who will play his loving wife!   

I guess there'll be no chance of JJS singing in the play cos Mozart was not a singer but it would be equally awesome to watch JJS conduct an orchestra with the expressive and elaborate hand and body gestures  plus all his magnetic facial expressions!!  Anyone here watched the movie yet?  

• Like 3

@kenjo80 I haven't seen the film yet. Looked for a copy online but couldn't find one. There's one I found on youtube but the video quality is so bad. Will definitely watch it. That's for sure. I have to see it before I watch our dear Suk this March. And since you liked it, I guess I really need to watch it the soonest time...this weekend hopefully. So excited to see the play. Is it March already? Haha. 

• Like 3

I finally watched "Amadeus" after reading @kenjo80's post :D... Oh my, it's such a brilliant movie with superb acting!! Both Mozart's and Salieri's tragic story touched me so much. Read that it was an adaption of the play "Amadeus" by Peter Shaffer - the play that Jungsuk is going to play on stage. It won an Tony Award for Best play. I'm sure it will be a feast of great acting and miraculous musical pieces of Mozart like in the movie :wink:

Found this trailer of the English version on youtube:

Our passionate, goofy Mozart heheh

0M9FqPw.gif

• Like 2