Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

moon89 ... welcome to the thread! I still can't beleive the end of our Si Kyung . Anyway , let's hope for a better ending on his future projects =)

jimmy_ismahani ... chinguuu =) don't worry I will do my best updating this thread ... hope you can visit the thread often , ok???

here are pics from the wrap up party ... and our OTP were very close even at the party ♥ yay!!!

party.jpg

party3.jpg

party1.jpg

party2.jpg

Source : JJS DC Gall

Jo Jung Suk, “Last time I was in a relationship?”

jo_jung_suk_newsen_interview_120525.jpg

Actor Jo Jung Suk talked about relationships.

In a recent interview with NewsEN, Jo Jung Suk was asked about the last time he was in a relationship and he answered, “I don’t even remember when the last time was that I was dating. You keep asking for how long but I can’t tell you that.”

Jo Jung Suk shared, “I do want to have a girlfriend but I don’t have that kind of room for it or time. Also, I don’t think there is anyone I like around me and right now it’s really busy.”

Jo Jung Suk was also asked whether women are asking him out after his roles as Nabtteuggi in the movie ‘Architecture Theories’ and as Eun Si Kyung in the MBC drama ‘The King 2hearts’ have contributed to his increased popularity and he answered, “I don’t think there are people that asked me out these days. I have to meet women for them to ask me out.” Jo Jung Suk further added, “They would have to meet me to ask me out or I would feel that they are asking me out but I haven’t even met any women.”

Jo Jung Suk continued, “It hasn’t been that long since the filming of the drama ended but I’ve only been to the set for filming and at home.”

When asked whether the women that know him are contacting him, he said, “Yes, they do contact me. But they are not directly asking me out. They’re just phone calls of congratulations that they are really enjoying the program.

Following MBC’s ‘The King 2hearts’, Jo Jung Suk will be appearing in director Yook Sang Hyo‘s movie ‘Steel Dae-Oh Saving the Country’. ‘The King 2hearts’ castmate Kwon Hyun Sang will be joining him for the movie as well.

Source : Kpopfever

Guest patricedee

Lee Yoon Ji and Jo Jung Suk are my new OTP. I was really sad when he died. Writers, why do you to kill our Eun Shi Kyung?

Lee Yoon Ji and Jo Jung Suk are my new OTP. I was really sad when he died. Writers' date=' why do you to kill our Eun Shi Kyung?[/quote']

hey! and what about SooIn? xD chingu *-* I'm so happy to see you here

Adorable Jo Jung Seok Pictures to Brighten the Day

jjspop.jpg

What more need I say about Jo Jung Seok. This has been a phenomenal two years for him, transitioning from stage to screen almost seamlessly.

He was a memorable part of the What’s Up? ensemble, he was a scene stealer in the movie Introduction to Architecture, and we all agree he was perfectly perfect as the earnest Eun Shi Kyung in The King 2 Hearts.

I’m finally pinpointing why I like him so much (doesn’t really require any reason, he’s just phenomenal a talent), but one reason is that he reminds me of Kang Ji Hwan. Both guys are trained stage and musical performers first and foremost, and both guys got their career breaks comparatively later than many of their counterparts.

Better late than never is my motto, and I’m beyond thrilled Jo Jung Seok is finally getting recognition, Bringing some of his latest pictures for everyone’s collection.

jjspop1.jpg

jjspop2.jpg

Source : A Koala's Playground

Jo Jung Suk, handsome college boy on a scooter with a guitar on his back

jo_jung_suk_in_college_riding_scooter.jpg

A picture of actor Jo Jung Suk on a scooter has been revealed creating a buzz.

Recently on an online community board, a picture has been posted titled, ‘Jong Jung Suk Scooter’.

In the picture, Jo Jung Suk is wearing a helmet sitting on a white scooter with the headlight on. Jo Jung Suk is wearing casual outfit with a simple T-shirt on and a cute pair of sneakers are also visible. Jo Jung Suk looks like the most handsome oppa in college. The line of his nose is amazingly beautiful.

Netizens commented: “He looks like a handsome college boy”, “He looks so great on the scooter with the guitar”, “Anything with Jo Jung Suk in it, auto-click”, and “He is more and more attractive, the more you see him.”

Jo Jung Suk has become increasingly popular with his role as Eun Si Kyung on the MBC drama ‘The King 2hearts’ which has recently ended

Source : Kpopfever

^

^

“Anything with Jo Jung Suk in it, auto-click” “He is more and more attractive, the more you see him.”

These two netizens couldn't have said it any better.

He amazes me over and over again seriously. I've been going through all those old fancams of him in musicals and plays and even Lee Young Mi's concert and he literally blows my mind every time. I kind of really hope he does a musical/play next (and with Oh Man Suk haha), even though I know I won't get to watch it hahaha. But it's all good with me if he picks another screen work, since he's getting all those loves. YAY for him. (I kind of hope he gets to record an album too.)

Guest patricedee

the girl who! I have lots of OTP but they're still my #1 chingu. Haha xD

sugar I agree and I also hope that he'll record an album. I was hoping that they'll release a Jo Jung Suk version of Lee Yoon Ji's First love. I love those netizens. Haha

PS

Please tell me that Jo Jung Suk already went to the army. I don't want to be heartbroken. LOL :D

@patricedee He went to the army already, he's 32 and the age limit of army duty is 30 (Korean age). So it's definite! (: and thank goodness he's gone through it already, cause now is really the start of the peak of his career, he really needs to be here!

And I kind of find it funny how every CF he films either makes use of his character Nabddeuki or plays a pun on the word lol.

P.s. How do I insert a YouTube video? This new forum layout is so confusing to use ):

I came online this morning and found quite a few articles on interviews with Lee Yoon Ji so I picked out those that she was talking about Jo Jung Suk and translated them. They're really worth a read because basically she just couldn't stop praising him and saying how good of an actor he is, lol.

#1: Click the title for the source

Lee Yoon Ji “Eun Shi Kyung, still can’t imagine (him) as Nabddeuki”

Actress Lee Yoon Ji’s infinite confidence as an actress in her drama partner Jo Jeong Seok is visible.

Lee Yoon Ji met up with edaily star in lately and said “Although the drama has ended up till now I still can’t visualize Eun Shi Kyung (acted by Jo Jeong Seok) as Nabddeuki*”.

Lee Yoon Ji was in a tug of war between friendship and love with Jo Jeong Seok in “The King 2Hearts” which ended on the 24th. While Eun Shi Kyung’s death led to their love failing to form, (they) received interest and support in the drama no less than the male and female leads.

Lee Yoon Ji revealed that she watched the movie “Architecture 101”* that Jo Jeong Seok took part in after the end of filming for “The King 2Hearts”. Jo Jeong Seok perfectly portrayed the image of a high-school repeat student (재수생)** in the 1990s as the character Nabddeuki in “Architecture 101”. He appeared in the movie when it was getting boring and offered laughs to the audience.

Lee Yoon Ji praised (him), “Even when watching the movie, I did not think Eun Shi Kyung is Nabddeuki. The scene where he straightened his hair with the mousse was the best part. I have no idea how many times I have re-watched it through IPTV. Even though I know (it’s him), I think he acts very well.”

Lee Yoon Ji added, “During the period of doing the drama, we had very good chemistry and there was much to learn as an actor. I’m looking forward to working together with Jo Jeong Seok again.”

*Nabddeuki is the “name” of Jo Jeong Seok’s character in the movie Architecture 101. Architecture 101 also goes by the name Introduction to Architecture.

** 재수생means a student who just finished high school but failed the SAT so is waiting for another chance to enter college, basically repeating a year.

#2: Click the title for the source

Lee Yoon Ji “Comments about dating Jo Jeong Seok, the best praise”

Actress Lee Yoon Ji is proud of her chemistry with Jo Jeong Seok in the drama ‘The King 2Hearts’ in which they are in love.

Lee Yoon Ji had lavish praise for Jo Jeong Seok, who she worked with in the MBC Wed-Thurs drama ‘The King 2Hearts’, in an interview with OSEN at a café in Chungdam-dong on the 29th.

Lee Yoon Ji said, “Jo Jeong Seok oppa is an actor I had hoped to work with for several productions” and “Oppa may not know it but there were really several productions in which I had hoped to work with him”.

From “Just like how I unconditionally want to appear in a production that Lee Soon Jae, Yoon Yeo Jeong sunbaes appear in, I also want unconditionally want to be in it if an actor like Jo Jeong Seok is in it,” it is evident (of her) infinite confidence in Jo Jeong Seok who she worked with.

Lee Yoon Ji also said with a smile, “In reality around me I also heard much about (me) dating Jo Jeong Seok oppa” and “to that extent it’s like saying we’re well matched in the show (and) as an actress I think that is the best praise (to me).”

Lee Yoon Ji acted as a Royal Princess Lee Jaeshin who was lovers with the Royal Guards Commander Eun Shi Kyung acted by Jo Jeong Seok in “The King 2Hearts”which ended on the 24th.

Then these two articles the focus is slightly more on Yoon Ji so I'm picking out the main parts to talk about:

#3, especially for jaekyung couple shippers: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201205291509462410

^

The title for this article is Lee Yoon Ji "Jo Jeong Seok still calls me Gongjunim (Princess)" and this interview is sooooooo cute. Main points for shippers: in another interview Newsen did with Jo Jeong Seok (note to self, search for this interview) addressed Yoon Ji as "Dearest Princess (사랑하는 공주님)" and she said that he still calls her that now.

#4: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=231033

^

This is a very good read. Main points: she says his two strengths are outstanding acting ability and hardworking, she says in acting together, Jo Jeong Seok no longer appeared as Jo Jeong Seok any more after the first reading and all she saw after that was Eun Shi Kyung (meaning he changed himself to fit the character throughout the filming).

-----

Personally I think the articles are really interesting because Jo Jeong Seok tends not to talk about his acting if you realised. Despite the heaps of praise on him, he doesn't usually talk about it and most of the interviews with him discuss other things. So this is really insightful about his acting and his work attitude. /swoons at his acting ability.

HAHAHA !!! that's why I love you chingu =P

forevergirl & sugar , welcome to the thread ... thanks for your comments and for sharing goodies!

I'm so glad he's dong super well on the CF market ... here's the 16s version of his new CF por LG U+

and here are videos of another new CF contract ... this time for HYUNDAI's Bluelink ... woah!!! first Hyundai and now LG! our oppa hit the jackpot!!!!!! ♥

he's in a new commercial for U+ LTE :)

thanks a lot for sharing the CF ... and welcome to his thread! I'm so glad seeing more fans of him! =) he totally deserves it ^^

and now ... a great article about hs future, his actual projects and everything!

′The King 2Hearts′ Jo Jeong Seok is Screaming in Delight

92797705.jpg

Jo Jeong Seok is known for his skills in musical and theater.

He’s put together a fairly decent reputation, and he even had fans before his major debut; in other words, he’s not a rookie that came out of nowhere.

To the general public, however, Jo Jeong Seok used to be an unknown. They never knew about him because he had never appeared in TV dramas or film.

Everything changed in 2012. Jo Jeong Seok became known for his Nap Tteuki role in the film Architecture 101, a romance film that garnered an unprecedented success for its genre, and sealed the deal with his role in the drama The King 2Hearts.

Now, he’s a real actor that can pick out roles and offers being pitched at him endlessly.

After the end of The King 2Hearts, he received close to 20 offers for his next piece. His life has certainly changed for the better.

“These days I’m really screaming in delight. I just finished The King 2Hearts a while ago, and I’m thankful that I’m receiving so much love and attention. I really want to say I’m very thankful.”

He couldn’t seem to stop himself from thanking everyone again and again. It seemed like yesterday he just barely got chances to audition for projects, but with one film and one drama his entire life was turned around.

Jo Jeong Seok can’t be mistaken, however, for a flash in the pan. He’s a prepared actor that continued to act in places outside of the public eye. The power of his Nap Tteuki role came from his acting skills polished during his time underground.

22411969.jpg

“Actually, actors feel pleasure in acting when people are there watching. In that sense, Architecture 101 and The King 2Hearts helped my name become more known in acting. That’s why I love it. When you’re onstage, you would prefer 10 people over three in your audience, and 100 over 10. Thanks to those two pieces, I was able to feel even more joy onstage.”

Of course, he isn’t affected much by the number of people watching him.

The Jo Jeong Seok that starred in the musical Hedwig last year knew how to be thankful of every reaction from the audience and enjoyed being onstage. Because he had started from the bottom up, he thought it was a great stroke of luck that he had even gotten offers for anything.

Jo Jeong Seok added honestly that he’s “afraid of the new life that has come.”

“I am happy thanks to moments like this and the reactions of the people around me, but I’m also worried and scared. It’s the first time I’ve received so much interest. I’ve continued to act in stage pieces, but I’m also pressured that I’m receiving so much attention from the public that I wield great power over them. I should say I’m literally screaming with delight.”

It means that the actor is happy and in delight, but he’s also very frightened at the same time. There’s no need, however, to be so fussy or scared about anything. He can simply get through his todays and tomorrows the way he did yesterday.

“For me, acting is like a really fun plaything, a thing I don’t want to let go of because it’s so fun. This is why I’ll continue to work hard in my acting in my own ways, like I always did.”

Source : Enewsworld

Guest satsuki92

OH! thank you for creating a thread on Jo Jung Suk :) i've become a huge fan of him ever since watching The King 2 Hearts. That man stole every scene he was in AND stole my heart at the same time ;D

i've started on What's Up and he's sooooooooooooo cute in there too. been searching videos of him in his musical theatre roles and can safely say that he is really talented.

Despite not knowing him personally, can I just say that I respect and admire the man for his hardwork? I can really see him enjoying himself while doing the things he do. Makes me want to find something that I have so much passion for too. Am so happy that he's getting even more attention now ^^

Jo Jung Suk oppa FIGHTING!! ^^

Guest satsuki92

sugar I agree and I also hope that he'll record an album. I was hoping that they'll release a Jo Jung Suk version of Lee Yoon Ji's First love. I love those netizens. Haha

PS

Please tell me that Jo Jung Suk already went to the army. I don't want to be heartbroken. LOL :D

i was praying that they would release his version of Lee Yoon Ji's "First Love" too!! or even better.... a DUET.

i hope that he already went for his army stint cause it would be strange for him to leave now when he's at his absolute peak! seeing as he's 32 this year, i'm thinking he already did his time when he was much younger??

Guest satsuki92

I came online this morning and found quite a few articles on interviews with Lee Yoon Ji so I picked out those that she was talking about Jo Jung Suk and translated them. They're really worth a read because basically she just couldn't stop praising him and saying how good of an actor he is, lol.

#1: Click the title for the source

#2: Click the title for the source

Then these two articles the focus is slightly more on Yoon Ji so I'm picking out the main parts to talk about:

#3, especially for jaekyung couple shippers: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201205291509462410

^

The title for this article is Lee Yoon Ji "Jo Jeong Seok still calls me Gongjunim (Princess)" and this interview is sooooooo cute. Main points for shippers: in another interview Newsen did with Jo Jeong Seok (note to self, search for this interview) addressed Yoon Ji as "Dearest Princess (사랑하는 공주님)" and she said that he still calls her that now.

#4: http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=231033

^

This is a very good read. Main points: she says his two strengths are outstanding acting ability and hardworking, she says in acting together, Jo Jeong Seok no longer appeared as Jo Jeong Seok any more after the first reading and all she saw after that was Eun Shi Kyung (meaning he changed himself to fit the character throughout the filming).

-----

Personally I think the articles are really interesting because Jo Jeong Seok tends not to talk about his acting if you realised. Despite the heaps of praise on him, he doesn't usually talk about it and most of the interviews with him discuss other things. So this is really insightful about his acting and his work attitude. /swoons at his acting ability.

thanks for translating the articles @sugar ! :) much appreciated. ah stumbling upon this forum thread has absolutely made my day. Totally love Lee Yoon Ji and Jo Jung Suk. I think it's really sweet, cute and funny of him to still call her "gonju-nim". And oh boy am I hoping that they do another drama/movie/CF/variety show appearance/whatever else possible together soon ;)