Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

The translations are here because I couldn't post them with the video (I have no idea why it just refused to get through)

00:52 Keyword #5 - Past
Basically about his musical career. His first screen debut is neither drama nor movie but actually a variety show. (

)

03:07 Keyword #4 - Killer of Female Hearts
This one is mostly about his voice & music talent / singing ability (if anyone wants to see a clip of any of the songs, let me know)

04:33 Keyword #3 - 삼수 (sam-su)*
*Koreans use the word 재수 (jae-su) to describe a retest of the Korean SAT test (수능 / su-neng). 재수 (jae-su) is formed from 재 (jae) which means again and 수 from 수능 (su-neng). So 삼수 is formed the same way, of 삼 (sam) which means three and 수 (su) from the word 수능 (su-neng).
Which means that JJS did his SATs thrice apparently (lol).
05:05 He says with a very earnest face that he was a model student in school (double lol). Then the other person (a friend?) said that when he was in high school, JJS used to be in a group called 'Ice Ice Baby' (?). 05:34 JJS said that he had a dream to be a classical guitarist so he did the tests to enter music schools but he couldn't get in. Then the priest at the church told him to try acting, so he had one month of (acting) lessons then he did the tests and he got through. The student at 06:21 is a current student from the university that JJS used to go to and he said that JJS is very popular with the students there.

07:04 Keyword #2 - Gay
Erhhhh, basically the clip mentioned how since debut, most of his musicals are with guys and it talked mostly about his Hedwig period. He's widely acknowledged as one of the prettiest Hedwig and there was mention about his good skin (/envious).

08:58 Keyword #1 - Family
The front part: He says his dad is from the air force (Woah) but both his parents love dancing. And apparently his mum dances very well. 10:00 He says the age gap between his oldest sister and him is 19 years. Then his oldest brother is 15 years older than him and the brother that is of closest age to him is 10 years older. So he says that even like his sister sometimes seem like a mother. And when he was younger, he thought his sister was his mum and when he grew up (and understood things) he had a shock (from the truth). Because someone who should be a grandmother is actually his mother. 10:38 JJS said that his father passed away during the period of time when he was retaking his SATs so he thought it was really regrettable because as a son he wanted to show his dad the things that he had done (basically he wanted to show his success to his dad but couldn't). 10:57 He dedicated his Best New Musical Actor award to his dad and his nephew Yunho. 11:30 He said his nephew Yunho passed away in Autumn of 2004 as a result of an act of injustice. So he dedicated the award because that was when he made his debut and started earning money but he couldn't treat his nephew to a meal or a drink etc. And therefore he told himself he had to mention it. 12:07 is a video letter to his mum. (His 'I love you' to his mum is so cute).

Guest thalia01

@ sugar:  Thanks for uploading.

"07:04 Keyword #2 - Gay
Erhhhh, basically the clip mentioned how since debut, most of his musicals are with guys and it talked mostly about his Hedwig period. He's widely acknowledged as one of the prettiest Hedwig and there was mention about his good skin (/envious)."

About the above quote, I wonder whether it implies that he is a gay. I am so worry.

Guest christine86

@sugar: love u so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Now I have basic knowledge of his life.
Good luck, our Jo Jung Suk. Hope u become a big star who rising without scandals. And plz, add more manly character like Eun Shi Kyung. I could not accept the woman in Hedwig. Gruuuuuuuuuuuuuu, huhu, I'm sorry, oppa, I know you worked hard for it.

Guest satsuki92

The translations are here because I couldn't post them with the video (I have no idea why it just refused to get through)

00:52 Keyword #5 - Past

Basically about his musical career. His first screen debut is neither drama nor movie but actually a variety show. (

)

03:07 Keyword #4 - Killer of Female Hearts

This one is mostly about his voice

04:33 Keyword #3 - 삼수 (sam-su)*

*Koreans use the word 재수 (jae-su) to describe a retest of the Korean SAT test (수능 / su-neng). 재수 (jae-su) is formed from 재 (jae) which means again and 수 from 수능 (su-neng). So 삼수 is formed the same way, of 삼 (sam) which means three and 수 (su) from the word 수능 (su-neng).

Which means that JJS did his SATs thrice apparently (lol).

05:05 He says with a very earnest face that he was a model student in school (double lol). Then the other person (a friend?) said that when he was in high school, JJS used to be in a group called 'Ice Ice Baby' (?). 05:34 JJS said that he had a dream to be a classical guitarist so he did the tests to enter music schools but he couldn't get in. Then the priest at the church told him to try acting, so he had one month of (acting) lessons then he did the tests and he got through. The student at 06:21 is a current student from the university that JJS used to go to and he said that JJS is very popular with the students there.

07:04 Keyword #2 - Gay

Erhhhh, basically the clip mentioned how since debut, most of his musicals are with guys and it talked mostly about his Hedwig period. He's widely acknowledged as one of the prettiest Hedwig and there was mention about his good skin (/envious).

08:58 Keyword #1 - Family

The front part: He says his dad is from the air force

(Woah)

but both his parents love dancing. And apparently his mum dances very well. 10:00 He says the age gap between his oldest sister and him is 19 years. Then his oldest brother is 15 years older than him and the brother that is of closest age to him is 10 years older. So he says that even like his sister sometimes seem like a mother. And when he was younger, he thought his sister was his mum and when he grew up (and understood things) he had a shock (from the truth). Because someone who should be a grandmother is actually his mother. 10:38 JJS said that his father passed away during the period of time when he was retaking his SATs so he thought it was really regrettable because as a son he wanted to show his dad the things that he had done (basically he wanted to show his success to his dad but couldn't). 10:57 He dedicated his Best New Musical Actor award to his dad and his nephew Yunho. 11:30 He said his nephew Yunho passed away in Autumn of 2004 as a result of an act of injustice. So he dedicated the award because that was when he made his debut and started earning money but he couldn't treat his nephew to a meal or a drink etc. And therefore he told himself he had to mention it. 12:07 is a video letter to his mum. (His 'I love you' to his mum is so cute).

Guest thalia01

Until now, character Eun Shi Kyung dominates my heart, my mind and my concern. I love this character as well as miss him a lot. I think, it must take a while for me to twist my emotion to Jo Jung Suk as much as those I have with Eun Shi Kyung.

Guest jolie_coeur

Hello! I saw Jo Jung Suk, first in King2hearts, where he was memorable! then i discovered him in "Introduction on Architecture", where he was awesome! This guy is very talented!! I'm looking forward to his projects!

hahaha I don't think he's gay ... but if in the end he's gay , it's not a problem for me at all .. I love him as actor 
girls ... this article is simply awesome!!!! 

[star Encyclopedia 2.0] Jo Jeong Seok, Prince of Musicals
78994053.jpg
Jo Jeong Seok. This name doesn’t sound that familiar, but it still holds great strength. The name belongs to a man who currently leads the biggest issues in showbiz.
He makes people curious when watching his feats in Architecture 101 or MBC’s The King 2Hearts about where this talented actor has been all this time.
This is why enews decided to take a look at Jo Jeong Seok through ‘Star Encyclopedia 2.0’. Who is he, and where did he come from?
Small screen rookie and prince of musicals
Jo Jeong Seok is mostly known as a rookie among the public. It is somewhat true that he’s a rookie, because he made his small screen debut in 2011 with MBN’s What’s Up. It’s only been a year since the public has actually gotten to know him.
He’s also 31 years old. At first sight, it seems like this man had to endure a long period of being an unknown actor but finally came to shine only recently. For the past few years, however, he’s been busy building his own world in musicals as the ‘Prince of Musicals.
He debuted in 2004 with The Nutcracker, got through roles in Hedwig and Grease in 2006 and finally hit jackpot with his 2009 piece Spring Awakening. He acted in a total of 25 musicals during his nine year career, becoming a well-known name among musical fans.
This is why it’s not so surprising that he made a name for himself as a skilled actor so soon after his debut. He continued to sharpen his skills with a variety of roles, from funny comedies to charismatic dramas.
Those skills just finally came to explode with bright colors in the comical Nap Tteuki of Architecture 101 and the serious Eun Shi Kyung of The King 2Hearts.
Everyone loves Jo Jeong Seok
Perhaps it’s because of his attractive characters, or it may be thanks to the skills of the actor that brought those characters to life, but anyway, Jo Jeong Seok has now become a star rising fast to the top spot. In a very short time, he’s actually come close to becoming a real top star.
Many know this, and are bombarding Jo Jeong Seok with love calls. He’s drawing in contracts for such ‘popular’ commercials as automobiles and smartphones, and casting offers for various pieces are also pouring in.
Actresses also seem to be interested in acting with Jo Jeong Seok. Jo Yeo Jeong, who is currently drawing interest for her role in the film The King’s Concubine, said, “I would love to act with [Jo] Jeong Seok, who’s the same age as me.” 
Lee Yoon Ji, who acted alongside him in The King 2Hearts, said, “More than any piece of dialogue, I was thankful for the existence of the actor named Jo Jeong Seok.”
He has skills and is receiving love from his fellow actresses. It won’t be far until he does reach the top.
15181368.jpg
The Prince 10 years from now
“I’m more scared now,” Jo Jeong Seok said about his changed life. He dominated the musical scene for the last nine years, but this is the first time he’s received such national interest.
Because of this, he continuously expresses his thanks. It seems like yesterday he had to seek out auditions for pieces himself, but now, he’s a star.
Jo Jeong Seok is even more intimidating because his power isn’t rooted in the present, when he’s already a well-known star, but in the future. 
His long period spent underground gave him a variety of pieces to act in, and he was able to build his basics through that diversity. Many actors rose to the top but then disappeared because they didn’t have the skills to hold them up; that won’t be happening, however, to this actor.
There’s no need to worry about Jo Jeong Seok in those aspects. Of course, he may never make it to the top even 10 years from now.
Still, he has the skills and he has the popularity. It can’t be denied that he’ll remain in the public’s memory as an impressive actor even far into the future.
Source : Enewsworld

^He does in some angles. Especially in Introduction to Architecture, but not so much in TK2H.
And because everyone's commenting on the gay thing, to clear things up, the keyword thing didn't necessarily mean that he's gay. It's just one of the keywords that are associated with him, but it doesn't mean it's true. The news segment was discussing the common keywords associated to him, and the word 'gay' got associated because of all the cross-dressing he did as Hedwig and also because of his skin (it's better than a girl's, seriously!). Sorry if I didn't state it clearly what those keywords meant and cause all this confusion. 
Btw, he appeared in 기분좋은날 (A Good Day) today. (And said some really weird things, I presume, because his news articles are all around Korean news sites once again.) I'm still looking for a cut of his segment (or even the whole thing is fine with me) so if anyone sees it around can you let me know? (Just @ + sugar and I'll know you dropped my name in your post).

Guest satsuki92

hahaha I don't think he's gay ... but if in the end he's gay , it's not a problem for me at all .. I love him as actor 
girls ... this article is simply awesome!!!! 

[star Encyclopedia 2.0] Jo Jeong Seok, Prince of Musicals
78994053.jpg
Jo Jeong Seok. This name doesn’t sound that familiar, but it still holds great strength. The name belongs to a man who currently leads the biggest issues in showbiz.
He makes people curious when watching his feats in Architecture 101 or MBC’s The King 2Hearts about where this talented actor has been all this time.
This is why enews decided to take a look at Jo Jeong Seok through ‘Star Encyclopedia 2.0’. Who is he, and where did he come from?
Small screen rookie and prince of musicals
Jo Jeong Seok is mostly known as a rookie among the public. It is somewhat true that he’s a rookie, because he made his small screen debut in 2011 with MBN’s What’s Up. It’s only been a year since the public has actually gotten to know him.
He’s also 31 years old. At first sight, it seems like this man had to endure a long period of being an unknown actor but finally came to shine only recently. For the past few years, however, he’s been busy building his own world in musicals as the ‘Prince of Musicals.
He debuted in 2004 with The Nutcracker, got through roles in Hedwig and Grease in 2006 and finally hit jackpot with his 2009 piece Spring Awakening. He acted in a total of 25 musicals during his nine year career, becoming a well-known name among musical fans.
This is why it’s not so surprising that he made a name for himself as a skilled actor so soon after his debut. He continued to sharpen his skills with a variety of roles, from funny comedies to charismatic dramas.
Those skills just finally came to explode with bright colors in the comical Nap Tteuki of Architecture 101 and the serious Eun Shi Kyung of The King 2Hearts.
Everyone loves Jo Jeong Seok
Perhaps it’s because of his attractive characters, or it may be thanks to the skills of the actor that brought those characters to life, but anyway, Jo Jeong Seok has now become a star rising fast to the top spot. In a very short time, he’s actually come close to becoming a real top star.
Many know this, and are bombarding Jo Jeong Seok with love calls. He’s drawing in contracts for such ‘popular’ commercials as automobiles and smartphones, and casting offers for various pieces are also pouring in.
Actresses also seem to be interested in acting with Jo Jeong Seok. Jo Yeo Jeong, who is currently drawing interest for her role in the film The King’s Concubine, said, “I would love to act with [Jo] Jeong Seok, who’s the same age as me.” 
Lee Yoon Ji, who acted alongside him in The King 2Hearts, said, “More than any piece of dialogue, I was thankful for the existence of the actor named Jo Jeong Seok.”
He has skills and is receiving love from his fellow actresses. It won’t be far until he does reach the top.
15181368.jpg
The Prince 10 years from now
“I’m more scared now,” Jo Jeong Seok said about his changed life. He dominated the musical scene for the last nine years, but this is the first time he’s received such national interest.
Because of this, he continuously expresses his thanks. It seems like yesterday he had to seek out auditions for pieces himself, but now, he’s a star.
Jo Jeong Seok is even more intimidating because his power isn’t rooted in the present, when he’s already a well-known star, but in the future. 
His long period spent underground gave him a variety of pieces to act in, and he was able to build his basics through that diversity. Many actors rose to the top but then disappeared because they didn’t have the skills to hold them up; that won’t be happening, however, to this actor.
There’s no need to worry about Jo Jeong Seok in those aspects. Of course, he may never make it to the top even 10 years from now.
Still, he has the skills and he has the popularity. It can’t be denied that he’ll remain in the public’s memory as an impressive actor even far into the future.
Source : Enewsworld