Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Guest jjsweeter0211

Jo Jeong-seok and IU for KBS "Lee Soon-sin is the Best"

photo273276.jpg

Source | 2013/01/10 

Actor Jo Jeong-seok and singer IU are likely candidates for the upcoming KBS 2TV drama 'Lee Soon-sin is the Best".

They haven't signed a contract yet but the both of them are showing positive responses towards the drama.

Sources say that negotiations are still in progress but the actor and the singer show signs of wanting to do it.

If the two decide to step on board then it will be their first leading roles. Jo Jeong-seok starred in the MBC drama "The King 2 Hearts" and the movie "Architecture 101" last year. It's only been a year since his name's been up on the stardom. IU also has a past career in the KBS 2TV drama "Dream High" 2 years ago and now she's leading the role.

Sources say, "Jo Jeong-seok and IU already have a good repoutation so they shouldn't have any trouble with "Lee Soon-sin is the Best"".

"Lee Soon-sin is the Best" is about a boy named Lee Soon-sin who travels up to Seoul and grow to be a star with the support of a wealthy businessman.

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l... ( English )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jjsweeter0211

IU, Jo Jeong Seok Confirmed as Leads of KBS Drama, ‘You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin

2013-01-25 11:24  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

IU and Jo Jeong Seok have confirmed that they will be returning to television. 

After a series of negotiation, on January 25, KBS confirmed that IU and Jo Jeong Seok had been confirmed as the leads for its upcoming drama, You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin

IU stars as the lead, Lee Soon Shin, who is a complete ‘loser’ and seems unlucky in everything she does. 

But despite her circumstances, she remains a bright, lively and courageous girl and her story is hoped to provide hope for today’s youths. 

On her reasons for joining the drama, which will be only her second in her career after Dream High, IU said, “The drama synopsis was very amusing and I felt a strong attraction to the Soon Shin character. When I first received the offer for the part, I felt some pressure as it was such an important role, but my heart to try out the role was greater, which led me to the decision to take up the part."

She added, “I hope to hurry and join the production and to show my earnestness to learn and show what I’ve learned to the audience. I’m honored to join in this production with other senior actors I’ve always respected. I will work hard to not let them down.”

43349243.jpg

Opposite IU, Jo Jeong Seok will portray the role of agency head Shin Joon Ho. A confident, cold and competitive man, Shin Joon Ho begins to change over the drama’s storyline as he begins to understand the real meaning of success through Lee Soon Shin. 

Jo Jeong Seok shared, “I’m honored to be in my first leading role in a weekend drama for KBS. In addition to the cast, I look forward to working with director Yoon Sung Shik and writer Jung Yoo Kyung.”

He expounded on his character saying, “Shin Joon Ho is an intense yet free-spirit which appealed to me. The fact I’m shooting with “the nation’s younger sister”, IU, alone is an honor for me.”

You’re The Best Lee Soon Shin will premiere in March following the conclusion of My Daughter Seo Young

Photo Credit: KBS

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "IU and Jo Jung Suk are cast in the lead roles in Lee Soon Sin is the Best

January 25, 2013 12:30 pm eternalc2h

2013012510293334985_1.jpgSinger IU and actor Jo Jung Suk were recently cast in the lead roles in KBS 2TV’s new drama series Lee Soon Sin is the Best, which will start airing in March.On January 25, KBS reported that IU will play the lead role of Lee Soon Sin in the series.Lee Soon Sin is a typical loser who fails at everything. IU will portray a girl who tries to have a positive attitude toward her life even though she goes through many difficult times, encouraging the young generation of today.This is the second lead role she plays after Dream High.Jo Jung Suk will play the role of Shin Joon Ho, a CEO of a big agency. As an arrogant and confident man, he changes after he meets Lee Soon Sin and realizes the real meaning of success.Lee Soon Sin is the Best tells a story about the mom and the daughter who try to find happiness in their life after the death of the father. It will start airing in March after My Daughter Seo Young goes off the air.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jjsweeter0211

class="cb b15" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; letter-spacing: -0.5px; clear: both; "First Look of Jo Jung Suk in “Lee Soon Sin Is The Best”

image.jpg?w=600

Actor Jo Jung Suk has successfully transformed into his character.

New pictures of the actor on his first day of filming were released on February 18th.

The actor plays the role of Shin Joon Ho, an arrogant, mean, and cold CEO of an entertaining agency.

The first filming took place on February 17th, and it is said that he showed a lot professionalism and cheerful attitude.

It was also revealed the actor specifically lost weight to portray his role better.

“Lee Soon Sin Is The Best” is about a family who has to deal with the challenges of loosing their father. Lee Soon Sin, the youngest of the family travels to Seoul, and becomes a big star, with the help of a business man.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8070/20130220/first-look-jo-jung-suk-lee-soon.htm