[drama 2003] Wooden Horse Carousel 회전목마

Guest y_yuen12

Guest y_yuen12

[MBC] Jang Seo Hee, Kim Nam Jin, Soo Ae, Lee Dong Wook
hmm not sure if theres a thread for this already or not..

but anyone got any info?? =)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Is this one of Jang Suh Hee's old dramas? She starred in Miss Mermaid and Recipe for Love..Carousel huh....

hmm not sure if theres a thread for this already or not..

but anyone got any info?? =)

i think this is a 2003 MBC drama .

the cast include :

cast_01.jpg

Jang Suh Hee as sung eungyo

cast_02.jpg

Kim Nanjim as kang oohsub

cast_03.jpg

Soo Ae as sung jingyo

cast_04.jpg

Lee Dong Wook as park songpyo

it a pretty long drama over 30 esp .i think i check up for you later how many esp cant remember ..anyway er the drama plot quite dramatic ..

spoilers included :

Sung eungyo and Song jingyo are sisters . their father suffered some setbacks in business and since then tragedy strike their family .. they had to move house and also their father was quite depressed .actually the mother was still encouraging the father to face reality ..yet er i cant recall what happen but eventually the mother was discouraged and one day committed suicide by jumping over the cliff this happen when the two girls were still young . ..

.then the father remarried and ...things get more complicated with the stepmother . and a few years later ..when the girls are grow up ....he died and the stepmother left the two girls to live on themselves ..

so Eungyo took up the responsiblity to work to support her and her sister .though actually she really want to further her studies .she is a very bright student ..but while er her younger sister is more on a dreaming girl she pretty navie and simple ...and park songpyo is eungyo schoolmate and he secretly is in love with her and always there to help her . oh park songpyo is into music and has his own band .and for eungyo i forget what he did to raise money for her school fees ..which eventually like make him get kick out of his band ..~ ..if i remember correctly eungyo did not really accept his offer of help or she was working hard to help him repay the money ..

then eungyo meet kang oohsub while working at this resturant . he come from a rich family. and he fall in love with her . She was moved by his pursuit and accepted him . while ..park songpyo was very upset to see her with kang oohsub . .

for Song jingyo ....she was like this first fan of park songpyo and obviously she like this man who she know like her sister . .she stayed with songpyo's sister while eungyo went to city to work . but something horrible happen and she run away from home .and scared to tell them what really happen .they thought she run away because she stole money ..

for a certain reason she ended up staying with that stepmother of hers she know her sister will hate her for this ..so she dare not tell her .where she is also ..she start to work at a eating house to support herself eungyo and songpyo was qutie worried about her .but she call back and told them not to .but never reveal the real reason why she run away . ..Sometimes she does go and watch Park songpyo when his band performed outdoors ...just silently watching him ...then one day ...the stepbrother of hers .i think she fainted at the resturant . so he knows his sister is in love with that man .and run to tell him about this . so finally now park know where she is .! ...and take care of her .and let her stay at his house .

. Eungyo relationship with kang was going quite well .but then his family went bankrupt ..and he went into army but he escaped ..and somehow he thought eungyo betrayed him when she informed the authories . eunggyo was still in love with him yet he refused to see her whenever she visit .....Later .eungyo meet with another man who eventually become her husband .. BEfore they married ...she did met kang who come out of army .and he wanted to reconcile with her yet she refused ..she does loved her husband ..who is played by Ryu Soo Young.er if i were her i will chose the husband tooo .he is like so prefect !! ...

She had a son later in her marriage . 5 years later as fate will have it ..she met kang . this time he returned as the boyfriend of her husband's sister ..which reallly complicated things .

as for jingyo ...park songpyo realised how she had been loving him all along and he accepted her . they married despite her sister objection as she feels he had no finanical means to support her sister and they are way too young to form a family now .and whatmmore she think he does not really love her but only mreant as a revenge . But the two young couple went ahead and married . The sister even refused to accept this wedding but secretly she did went to their wedding but unfortunately they did not know .so .Park still resent the sister for being so cruel ...for awhile they never really communicte with Eungyo .

Their story centered on how they cope with their married life and how they come to resolve issues like when they had children and how he struggle with his passion for music as well as face reality to earn to support his familly ..i think i prefer to watch this couple story plot they just such a cute couple ....i feel more touched by their story sometimes she does go into this werid temper even i cannot understand i think she suffered from some depression whenever she got pregnant maybe ..er anyway ..he tried to accomdate her but sometimes ..he lost his cool too ..it sweet to see how they reconcile .ah they really do loved each other so much .there so much to compromise when u are in a marriage

five years later .while .Eungyo has a son .jingyo has a daughter . Park's music career is having some good development then he met with this female manager who can groom his band .of course he wanted to take this opporunity but slowly realised he had to give up alot too ..and then issues start happening ...the manager actually is also er taken a fancy to him ..... but well dun worry .park heart is always with his wife .but this crsis did threaten to nealy break up his family .~ ..

.the story of the elder sister was abit tooo depressing or rather getting abit out of hand for me....sometimes i cant really understand why she make decision the way she make them .

er okay got to stop here now ..is abit complicated and long story need time to really summarise it ... ( sometimes the storyplot is abit ....toooo dramatic till u will be wondering why is this happening --;;) .... er maybe i edited it later tonite

Thanks for the infos Shirl..i am looking for this drama!!

And Felicia..you have watched this drama too..i need your views n reviews too..! Calling Felicia!! :)

And Felicia..you have watched this drama too..i need your views n reviews too..! Calling Felicia!! :)

Aigooo...Inez dear, I manage to catch few episodes while I was in Korea...lol... It was aired end of 2004 in one of the TV stations. I like the storyline and Lee Dong Wook was awesome and poor Soo Ae (playing LDW's wife)....oops! I can't reveal too much. :vicx::w00t: So far I can't find this drama in our country but if you ask my opinion, this should be an interesting drama! :D I think many are digging out Lee Dong Wook's previous dramas after his hit drama My Girl...Btw, he looks great too in his role....and I know why you are interested...Kim Nam Jin! ;):P

Thanks Shirley for the sypnosis ... :)

oh you are looking for this drama .~ ah .i hope it is not confusing the plot i written ...hard to summaried it and know what to include ..bec most will be spoilers --;; oh u interested because of Kim Nam Jin ..ah .but ..somehow his role in here is abit kinda of emtional unstable ..--;;.....er ..there a very big spoiler actually about him and eungyo ..--; i not sure if you want to know

Aigooo...Inez dear, I manage to catch few episodes while I was in Korea...lol... It was aired end of 2004 in one of the TV stations. I like the storyline and Lee Dong Wook was awesome and poor Soo Ae (playing LDW's wife)....oops! I can't reveal too much. :vicx::w00t: So far I can't find this drama in our country but if you ask my opinion, this should be an interesting drama! :D I think many are digging out Lee Dong Wook's previous dramas after his hit drama My Girl...Btw, he looks great too in his role.... :P

Thanks Shirley for the sypnosis ... :)

yupe i like the LDW and So Ae storyplot better .they sooo cute ! and sweeet ...haha and so funnie at times what happen to them ...like because So Ae is soo young .when she went to classes ..one of the male classmate like her and even asked LDW for persmission since he thought LDW is SO Ae's obba haha like real brother . (that time they were already a married couple) .phuhahahah that was so funnie ....and how LDW also suffered from monring sickness when his wife is pregnant ,.but they had their sad moments toooo....so heartached the things that happen to them ..

if you watch F70s .their daughter is the girl with that broken tooth little joonhui ...sooo cute..she is really daddy's girl in this drama ....anytime mummy want to scold ..run to daddy .!! .daddy willl protect her .! keke

the MV for the drama

mms://211.196.186.116/MusicVideo/096/102396.WMV

credits to koreanwind.net

The vcd is available in Poh Kim.

I love this drama.. .. Cried a few times.. Both the sisters had hard life before each found their spouse. Soo Ae role is softer compared to the elder sister. Love the scene LDW suffered morning sickness when his wife was expecting... :D

Not forgetting Ryu Su Yong ( fr 18:29 ) as eungyo's husband.

Guest roddy

i luv this drama: LDW & Soo Ae make a cute loving pair omma & appa :D . Her softness compliments his dominant personality, (but he always ends up giving in to her!). Hope they cud pair up again.

Guest polabola

The story seems very interesting. Too bad I didn't catch this when it was aired in our country :lol: drats! I hope some kind souil would post it on youtube hehehee.

Thanks Shirl and Fel for the views n reviews..hehehe..Kim NamJin is another reason!!.

I heard it's quite a weepy..

I love the song by Angelo in the OST..and Tina is it english subbed ?..the set at Poh Kim..

Thanks Shirl and Fel for the views n reviews..hehehe..Kim NamJin is another reason!!.

I heard it's quite a weepy..

I love the song by Angelo in the OST..and Tina is it english subbed ?..the set at Poh Kim..

Indeed KNJ role of weepy guy... his persistent love for eungyo.... poor fellow....

Let me check the set if there is English subs..

Indeed KNJ role of weepy guy... his persistent love for eungyo.... poor fellow....

Let me check the set if there is English subs..

Omo!!..saw the MV..! i bet Lee Dong Wook fans will be thrilled!! He sang on stage n looked definitely HOTT!

And yes i am all for Kim NamJin..i think he's pretty much underated..

Thanks Tina!

Omo!!..saw the MV..! i bet Lee Dong Wook fans will be thrilled!! He sang on stage n looked definitely HOTT!

And yes i am all for Kim NamJin..i think he's pretty much underated..

Thanks Tina!

No English subs... :mellow:

LDW is the lead singer of the boyband. Soo Ae was his first superfan ... they were introduced thru Soo Ae's sister.

I personnally prefer Kim Nam Jin's role in Wooden Carousel to Prince New Love.

Thks Shirley for the detailed review and MV... brings back memories :P

Guest Choi Ji Woo

I've read in a certain forum that Jang Suh Hee's character was raped in this drama..is it true?! Poor JSH huhu

I've read in a certain forum that Jang Suh Hee's character was raped in this drama..is it true?! Poor JSH huhu

YES... by KNJ... subsequently her husband at a point have doubts on his son... Happy ending for 3 couples....

Guest Choi Ji Woo

YES... by KNJ... subsequently her husband at a point have doubts on his son... Happy ending for 3 couples....

ok thanks for confirming my statement..KNJ wasn't that handsome..who played JSH's husband in this drama?

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Ryu Su Young

okei..thanks for answering my query..Ryu Soo Young's handsome too..he looks like my crush, Lim Ryu Jin!!!!

Archived