Which face shape is the worst/best?

Guest icestarlize

Guest icestarlize
So do you guys think?
Also are you guys aware of people's face shape? Or does that not occur to you before???

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I don't think there's a bad face shape but how their facial features contribute to their face shape that's the problem. I'd say for hair cut wise oval faces are easier to work with.

Guest sweetfantasy09

i always think oval shape is the best since it will practically suitable for just any haircut. haha!

Guest panda.rider

I don't notice other people's face shape, but surely notice my own. I personally hate my face shape, its literally completely round. T.T

My bone structures don't even show up cause of my baby fat D:

I really like the oval shape face cause I think it would be the easiest to work with when doing contouring and especially hairstyle.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

sometimes i get round and heartshaped mixed up, but i guess heart shaped is with the big cheek bones? Then my vote goes to round.

When i think of oval... i think of LONG faces... but that can be fixed with bangs.

Squared? Rectangular? Isn't that like angelina jolie's face?

Guest cless986

every faceshape is good, i have round shape,i used to hate it but now when i take care my hair,doing some exercise and having a good diet,having this face shape its a bless for me...round face for men symbolizes cuteness,youth and because the fat cheeks,you dont easily gets old

square shape looks good too, david beckjam has square shape, but he looks badass, square shape symbolizes manliness, for women having square shape looks more mature and serious xD (its my opinion)

Guest iamyourmum

What an absurd question sweatingbullets.gif theres no such thing as a best face shape or a worst face shape, its about how your hairstyle, your makeup & facial features compliment your face shape. For example, the 'square jaws' are frowned upon by many koreans because they think that its an undesirable face shape, which is NOT TRUE at all. There are many girls who can totally rock that face shape, and many non-asians (typically caucasians) find that very attractive

Guest StandingWayward

I actually love heart-shaped faces...they're so delicate and pixie-like!

Oh and Olivia Wilde has a square face shape so there xD It's fine.

Guest Angel1430267648

IMO.... asians have more delicate features, which is why (again in my opinion), they do not look good in square faces. Whereas Caucasians have more pronounced features, so a strong jawline balances out well with them. That's just what I observe. I have a very strong jawline but not a square face, but my jawline is pretty masculine, and I have to say I hate that every person who tries to make me feel better about it almost always refers to a hollywood celebrity and their jawline but forgetting their face features are completely different from mine. It's like comparing apples and oranges. :rolleyes:

Anyway I voted triangular as the worst face shape, just because a square face would at least have balance from the top and bottom of the face, but a triangle would make you look a little unproportional. But to be honest I think many face shapes are hard to tell from the start, so even if you were one of the worst face shapes, unless you had no fat whatsoever in your face or you pulled your hair back, you can't tell. And hair adds framing to your face too.

Guest nameless

I love heart shaped faces! I think mine is not even on there though! I think mine might be a cross between an oval/heart and rectangle... or just oblong. ARGH so frustrating >.<

Guest paintyourxtarget

IMO.... asians have more delicate features, which is why (again in my opinion), they do not look good in square faces. Whereas Caucasians have more pronounced features, so a strong jawline balances out well with them.

I think it's also because, in general, asians have much wider faces. like, there's more "face" compared to eye, nose, mouth, etc (derogatorily referred to as 'moonface' I think), so a square jaw makes an asian face look even wider. I have a square jaw too and I'm fine with it--personally, I think my face would look weird any other way. I have a long neck so it kinda balances out lol

but imo any face shape has the potential to look gorgeous, it just depends on how everything's proportioned.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Meh, I don't think any of them are bad. Some are more versatile with certain haircuts, but that's about it. Square is being voted "worst" with by far the most votes, but I've seen some gorgeous people with square faces.

• 1 month later...
Guest maroonballoon

I think girls are just really critical with themselves and with other girls lol.I don't think guys would go, "ya that chick has a square face, i just got disinterested"Loll guys are simple in that...if you're pretty, you catch their attention.You can have the "round" or "square" face and still be frickin hot!
But I guess for the record, oval shaped faces are the most versatile. So it's not that it's prettier, it just works easily when you're styling yourself!

----For styling tips and fashion inspirationwww.SNOBAFFAIR.com

Guest funky dealer

It really depends on how well the face shape compliments a person's features rather than the "face shape" itself. Some may look better with a square, rectangular, round face shape than the most ideal, oval. 
Though, if I really had to pick a favorite... I'd say the heart shape face. From what I've observed in the past, it seems to suit all sorts of features. 

Guest tijana93

lol i only started noticing face shapes and sizes after getting into k-stuff...but i dont think there is anything like 'the best face shape' cuz not everything looks good on every1 and its the same with this...some ppl r dying for a v-line like not eating or thinking about surgery, but maybe they already look milion times better with their square or round faces...just get the right haircut, earrings, shirt, makeup etc etc and ull have the best shape :)

Guest mastermei_

I don't think there really is a 'best' and 'worst' face shape. 
Every face shape is beautiful in there own ways. You should always get a hair cut that would compliment your face shape and your features of your face.
Make-up also comes into doing wonders for changing a face shape or enhancing more of it's good features. 

Archived