[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest JenA313

Loving Gaksital more and more, esp now that the romance has picked up as well ;)Wonder why it didn't get as much attention from the international viewers - Is it because BM is not cute lightweight romcom?! It totally deserves more love! Excuse me if I sound so insanely rabid - I am xD

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Starlitelet, I liked your comments regarding the mask. It's funny because I just watched both Batman movies yesterday, the newest ones, and maaan, while I really like Batman, I couldn't stand that voice! I loved Cristian Bale as Bruce Wayne, though ;;) Anyyways. It was great that they remembered to make Kang To change his voice a bit when he's Gaksital. All these little things they do, make us believe that they really care about the characters and take time to develop them realistically. Of course we as the all-knowing viewers could tell it was KT's voice because we KNOW it's him. But people in the drama don't. In fact KT is the last person in the world they would ever think of as being Gaksital. Therefore we can't blame them onwards if there's a situation where we want to scream "Can't you forking tell it's him?!", we must remember that previous fact :) But MD not recognizing her own father was a bit stupid. We can't blame her for that, though, blame the writers instead :D 
@ck1Oz, I'm sorry if you feel unappreciated :( I can only speak for myself, but I think a lot of us are like this - we are SOOO  grateful to every person who works on & for this drama, starting from the cast & crew and ending with us fans who make subs, upload episodes online, make vids, make gifs, fanart, etc. But the bad thing is, we often forget or neglect to say thank you. It's like with YT vids. They have a lot of views, but a lot less "likes" or comments. People nowadays have become lazy with all the technology making it easier on us. So lazy, that we neglect to say a simple thank you. I realize, that I'm ranting now, but just wanted to say that. In short, please don't feel bad. We do appreciate your work, and I'm sure a lot of ppl are using ur subs. So if it's not too much trouble keep on releasing them here :)
Just saw the latest BTS vid. Shunji becomes more and more evil, that way he slaps SH o_O And is it just me or does Joo Won always has a smile on his face while he speaks in interviews?! Flashing his dimples like that all the time is too cruel 8-}

Guest Starlitelet

@Starlitelet, I liked your comments regarding the mask. It's funny because I just watched both Batman movies yesterday, the newest ones, and maaan, while I really like Batman, I couldn't stand that voice! I loved Cristian Bale as Bruce Wayne, though ;

;)

Anyyways. It was great that they remembered to make Kang To change his voice a bit when he's Gaksital. All these little things they do, make us believe that they really care about the characters and take time to develop them realistically. Of course we as the all-knowing viewers could tell it was KT's voice because we KNOW it's him. But people in the drama don't. In fact KT is the last person in the world they would ever think of as being Gaksital. Therefore we can't blame them onwards if there's a situation where we want to scream "Can't you forking tell it's him?!", we must remember that previous fact

:)

But MD not recognizing her own father was a bit stupid. We can't blame her for that, though, blame the writers instead

:D

Guest icegonzales

@mojobobo, @Starlitelet - aye aye! 
We worry about the extension and the contradicting news but please oh please writers, don't murder the story! That is all. 
Good point about the mask. Though I loved City Hunter with all my heart and soul, my drama selection board was off the charts: it was pure heaven directing, writing, editing, acting and music wise, I couldn't get past the idea that how can they not recognize Yoon-sung? How can they not tell? That is so him and I mean 'drama wise' - to the people inside the drama and not us the viewers since we obviously know who he is. And DUH, the hair. Haha. Even Nana recognized him eventually when he got a good look into his eyes. But in this case, I like the simple touch of changing up Kang-to's hair, it's as if the director is giving us a wink saying 'you can't tell it's him!' Haha. The voice, as mentioned, was a nice touch. Though I doubt if he can ever talk in front of Mokdan/Boon-yi because the hoarse voice only works if you are shouting/screaming and most of the time he only needs to do that with the baddies. So yeah, good luck with that Kang-to. ^^
Since I'm rewatching (AGAIN) the whole series, there's one thing that's been on the back of my mind that I now want to voice out: 
1. Will Kang-to ever wonder how Mok-dan and Gaksital are associated in the first place? I saw episode 3 again and Kang-to while talking to Shunji is dead convinced that ''something'' is going on between Mokdan and Gaksital for she was saved by him 3 times. As per KBS World's translation: "they have a strong connection". Kang-to needs to ask the right questions here, I mean, he's been after her for a long time and been wondering about that same thought (how Mok-dan and Damsari are connected to Gaksital) but now that he's Gaksital, doesn't he ever want to find out? I know that's kind of impossible since Kang-san is dead but... 
I dunno. I'm just curious about that gaping hole. I don't know if it was purposely left out by the writers or we have yet to find that out.. so I pray that there's something in the works there. 
As to why I'm curious: It's because I want to see a petty Kang-to! Imagine the time when Mok-dan knows the truth already and they are slowly but surely getting better with each other, then suddenly they get in to a (lover's) spat and Kang-to being a jealous man-child throws her words: "what are your relations to my brother?" [i know, I think I've gone crazy]
2. Does Kang-san even know Mok-dan = Boon-yi? I can't tell. In episode 4, when Kang-to was crying at the back of his hyung ranting about his misfortune, I didn't seem to read Kang-san's reaction of whether he knew of Mok-dan's connection to their past. 
And I've believed before that for sure Damsari and Gaksital were working together but as we've seen in the recent episodes, that isn't the case. So, hmmm. Does it really just happen that they are on the same side? And how does Kang-san's father fit in in all of these? He might still be alive! Dun dun dun! Haha! [Now, that last one is a bit farfetched] 
------
Okay, that's enough for now. I've maxed out my brain cell usage for tonight. 2 more days and it's Wednesday! 
-EDIT-
@Starlitelet, @cravey
I recommended this too to my other friends, especially those who ask what I'm 'on' to right now (they make it sound like I'm on drugs, and just right because I am addicted^^). I've successfully influenced around 5-10 people to watch QIHM because of my incessant chatter/spazzing about it and the results were very favorable. I always say that I'd give my whole left arm if they don't end up loving QIHM, and fortunately for me, they all end up falling head over heels for it. But the same can not be said for Gaksital, I've pulled all stops in promoting (?) and putting it out there to my kdrama-watching friends, but to no avail. They don't like-like it just because it's a period piece and keeps asking me if I know of other dramas like QIHM. But I had to explain to them that kdrama watching is just like ice cream, gotta taste the different flavors or else you'd grow sick and tired of consuming the same thing, even if it is yummy! 
And yes @starlitelet, this drama is properly-made. I don't want to jinx it and say 'amazing, great, the best ever' before we get to the half-point as I hate eating my own words but for now, well-structured is a good adjective to attach to it. I hope and pray that it turns out to be more than that though.
Exactly @JenA313! That's what we've been saying all along, this thread and show needs more love! Mostly deserves it! 

Loving Gaksital more and more, esp now that the romance has picked up as well ;)Wonder why it didn't get as much attention from the international viewers - Is it because BM is not cute lightweight romcom?! It totally deserves more love! Excuse me if I sound so insanely rabid - I am xD

@Starlitelet, naaaw, don't misunderstand. I LOVE Christian Bale's Batman, just not the voice part. After seeing "The Dark Knight" especially is a gem between superhero movies.
And yes, I agree that we might get suspicious. But that's only if we get the chance to speak with that person often, be in their presence and all. For now we all know how few scenes MD & KT have had together. Now, when they'll have the chance to be almost constantly in each other's presence I'm sure KT will slip in times that will make MD think "Maybe..." He already started slipping with that teary eyed look and when he helped her washing clothes ;;)

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys thanks in advance for answering.

Can anyone point me to the article/link-reputable- that confirms that we're having 28 episodes. It is on the same airing date as Arang and we have double booked Ko En subbers for both series.I don't need it in English if it helps.

2nd thing- is anyone actually using the Bridal Mask Team softsubs?Otherwise would just be posting it in aja aja. I can't be bothered releasing it here if you guys can access the subbed videos on you know what site when we get it subbed. And it sounds like a lot of you do.

Thanks.

@Starlitelet, @cravey

I recommended this too to my other friends, especially those who ask what I'm 'on' to right now (they make it sound like I'm on drugs, and just right because I am addicted^^). I've successfully influenced around 5-10 people to watch QIHM because of my incessant chatter/spazzing about it and the results were very favorable. I always say that I'd give my whole left arm if they don't end up loving QIHM, and fortunately for me, they all end up falling head over heels for it. But the same can not be said for Gaksital, I've pulled all stops in promoting (?) and putting it out there to my kdrama-watching friends, but to no avail. They don't like-like it just because it's a period piece and keeps asking me if I know of other dramas like QIHM. But I had to explain to them that kdrama watching is just like ice cream, gotta taste the different flavors or else you'd grow sick and tired of consuming the same thing, even if it is yummy! 

And yes @starlitelet, this drama is properly-made. I don't want to jinx it and say 'amazing, great, the best ever' before we get to the half-point as I hate eating my own words but for now,

well-structured

is a good adjective to attach to it. I hope and pray that it turns out to be more than that though.

Exactly @JenA313! That's what we've been saying all along, this thread and show needs more love! Mostly deserves it! 

I will try to make my mom watch BM. I've thought about this for a while now, but dunno if I'll be successful, since she hasn't watched any kdrama yet. She's like me before I introduced myself to Asian drama world - sceptical and even with a little mocking attitude. Buuut I love a challenge  >:) Besides how can a woman resist Joo Won's charm?! :P

Joo Won was so cute here, I just had to make a screenshot+caption
tumblr_m6hszponKS1qcur1bo1_r1_500.jpg

@cravey
Yesterday I watched an episode of Bridal mask with my dad, haha, although he hasn't asked to watch more eps, but I tried hard and explained who everyone was LOL
I actually think this drama is a good one to introduce someone to the asian drama world ;)

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, it's Sunday's afternoon for me. :)

Enjoy these videos. I hope they weren't posted yet. ^^ Have a blessed and beautiful Sunday.'

Kang To & Kang San

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSeovgMFUI

Kang To & Mok Dan/Boon Yi

Guest flipz

So I'll wait till next week to make more banners lol. I made a background track and did a cover of the opening song on episode 7. I'm not really that good, but it's such a good song that I wanted to take a stab at it. There's no tutorial or tab online, so I had to figure out all the parts myself. Took awhile lol. The video clips, I'm going to assume are from cravey, since the youtube username is the same.

http://youtu.be/wCjj2FZzieg

So I'll wait till next week to make more banners lol. I made a background track and did a cover of the opening song on episode 7. I'm not really that good, but it's such a good song that I wanted to take a stab at it. There's no tutorial or tab online, so I had to figure out all the parts myself. Took awhile lol. The video clips, I'm going to assume are from cravey, since the youtube username is the same.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjj2FZzieg

Edit: I don't know how the code to put youtube videos directly on here. I'm a noob ha

so there is a new (?) interview of gaksital cast.
OMO they showed joowon when he fell asleep on 1n2d again!.. the whole cast needs some sleep ASAP.

also love that he said he's better than Shin Hyun Joon b/c he's younger LAWLLL!
also on a random note.... this wends. is the 4th of July which means.... AWWW YEAH NO WORK BABY! That means I can spazz out about Gaksital as early as I want tooo!! 
11c5nao.gif

Guest alysanne

@DDuk: I have a feeling that 1N2D Sleeping Scene is gonna be a running joke for some time.  LOL

Guest kdramaking

So glad Soompi has an active Bridal Mask thread! After having watched the 10 episodes, it really makes me want to read the book! 
Bridal-Mask.JPG

Archived