Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@lyra_brillantez, seriously?? On Sunday? Really?? Wahh, I dunno why I got excited since I've already downloaded all episodes with 2 subs anyway, but I'm so happy!! If it is a marathon on sunday, ... aish..I hope my family can watch this! Thx for the info!

@ricecak3, hey..how you doin? We're fine here.. still loving gaksital and Joo Won. I, myself, still wishing for the sequel, hahaha

@mojobobo, thx for PKW's pic. And you're right, we are now put our attetion to the male leads :P. It's plural for me since I like PKW too *although I like JW better*.

@mrdimples, thx for the translations! You've translated many and I got to know much about JW and gaksital, and also Shunji.

@sunshine4ever, thx for the screen caps. Really love watching them. Wah, I guess I like this movie better than Prosecutor Princess *my no 1 favourite* :P. My handphone is filled with JW and gaksital pics now..and my friends just sighed after knowing that. .hahaha

Life after "Bridal Mask"
fe09b099a9014c08b0293f220a7b02087af4f4d0
"Koiso" turns over a new leaf and shaves off his moustache

and Gaksital goes back to school. His reason for skipping tutorials? 'Saving the World'
8006dc0735fae6cdc16795e60fb30f2443a70f16
1fd7593d269759eec895754cb2fb43166c22df19

I'm a bit late but I finally finished watching Gaksital....I've missed watching dramas. Far out, I knew Shunji had a sad ending....Wish Shunji's humanity was found somehow. Ahh poor, suffering character, didn't have anyone to go through all of his hardships with....no one to help him heal. No love at all :( In my opinion, there were glimpses of his humanity still there, but he couldn't break through it...esp. on his on. That scene where he tells Rie that he'll go back to being a teacher and everything will be fine again is so sad T__T cause everything would not go back to how things were. So saddening to see how desperate/how much he wants things to go back to where they were...Ahhh my favorite characters always have to die lol haha T_T 

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi everyone, just wanted to update you on Bridal Mask re-airing that @lyra_brillantez posted earlier. I just read a news from Kites posted by sussi with Viet translation that on the 30th there will be a 480 best minutes limited edition  of BM condensing from 28 episodes into 6 episodes running from 8 am until 4 pm. Man I just look at the calendar and the 30th is a Sunday in Korea, so it should be a Saturday my time? So maybe I can watch this on Saturday? But I should figure out the time cuz I'm confused. It used to be Wednesday/Thursday mornings for me now I'm confused with the timing. Oh my. It would be so awesome if I get to watch this limited edition episodes. I will update you more about the news and/or translate, but you will have to wait for another day at around this time if I get a chance. I have work until very late. maybe mrdimples or mojobobo can update you if they hear from other sources.

Guest Jessi15

@sunshine4ever  I saw the article too but I am not sure if I can watch it from 8am til 4pm even if I  wanted to. I hope somehow someone can upload it in torrent files so that we can all download and watch them in earnest just like with Gaksital episodes during its broadcast. I am sure it would be quite awesome and I am glad that the directors thought something like this. What I am afraid of though is because it is a dark drama and with so many torture and death scenes, it may not suitable for what supposed to be a national holiday. I thought people would rather go out or if stay at home, they would prefer to  watch something funny, a sitcom or romcom or something more of hilarious nature than something as dark and sad as BM.

Joo Won & Park Ki Woong interview coming up tonight......something I have been waiting for, I miss their bromance  :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Jessi15 said:

@sunshine4ever  I saw the article too but I am not sure if I can watch it from 8am til 4pm even if I  wanted to. I hope somehow someone can upload it in torrent files so that we can all download and watch them in earnest just like with Gaksital episodes during its broadcast. I am sure it would be quite awesome and I am glad that the directors thought something like this. What I am afraid of though is because it is a dark drama and with so many torture and death scenes, it may not suitable for what supposed to be a national holiday. I thought people would rather go out or if stay at home, they would prefer to  watch something funny, a sitcom or romcom or something more of hilarious nature than something as dark and sad as BM.

How Is the Actual Relationship between Bridal Mask “Enemies” 

Joo Won and Park Ki Woong?

75f4fad3572c11df1a55dda4632762d0f603c25a

Lead actors of Bridal Mask, Joo Won and Park Ki Woong developed a close friendship

We interviewed the 2 main actors Joo Won and Park Ki Woong of the recent popular KBS2 Wed & Thurs special drama Bridal Mask. Let us understand the honest opinion they have of each other.

In the drama, Joo Won and Park Ki Woong played respectively Bridal Mask and the Imperial Japanese police Kimura Shunji who wanted to catch Bridal Mask. Between them, the two inevitably had many intense fights. However in real life, they are friends who are even closer than brothers. Even during the filming, they revealed interesting news and anecdotes on the film set through their tweets.

Of course, in the beginning they were not familiar with each other. On one hand, Joo Won was just like in KBS2TV 1N2D, loves skinship and aegyo, and Park Ki Woong did not like contact with men too much. So, Joo Won said that “Personally, I love touch, together with hyungs I will feel more relaxed. Filming non-stop from March, whenever I feel tired, I will love to hug or hang around Hyung. I think at that time, Hyung was shocked. So he always told me not to torment him. But later, Hyung got infected by my aegyo. Unlike our relationship in the drama, in reality we are very close.

Park Ki Woong laughs and said “ Although we didn’t really talk too much, but whenever we meet on the set, we were especially happy. We did not know why but we always had this feeling that we were on the same boat. We would always ask “How many days have we endured?” Originally I do not like to stick too close to others but later I became infected with by Joo Won’s kindness and cute aegyoness(laughs).”

In this manner, they went through difficult and happy times during these 6 months, just like the loving brothers that they were in the beginning of the drama. Now, they are very good sunbae and hoobae. Also because of this, although their acting style differed, they could work together seamlessly. Park Ki Woong said “ Joo Won is naturally a very strong actor, also he is the type of actor who has tremendous focus once he immerses himself in the role. On the other hand, I was half into the role and half awake. Because of Joo Won’s coordination, then we could have such good results. With Joo Won, my acting skills kept improving, my ability to immerse myself into emotional scenes grew stronger. The two men whose emotional acting skills grew stronger, often had many NGs because they were unable to stop their tears.

Throughout the interview, both men kept praising each other. Park Ki Woong said “Filming the fist fight in ep 27 and the suicide scene in ep 28, I suddenly thought I want to continue acting with Joo Won. I had this thinking that if we continue acting, it will be interesting. He is really a partner who is hard to come by." While saying this, he showed boundless tender affection and trust in Joo Won.

Joo Won also assessed Park Ki Woong, he revealed saying “Although our acting styles were different, we matched each other perfectly, Ki Woong Hyung is the type who loves to think and seek perfection, he knows how to act opposite his partner. On the set, Hyung did not deliberately flaunt himself, he only showed up in appropriate times like when he was needed or when he was required to help an actor in acting their lines. In order to act each scene perfectly, he will always discuss at length beforehand.

Without Joo Won and Park Ki Woong, we will not have this beautiful partnership, and we will not have the success of Bridal Mask

Chinese translations: 由米35

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: Newsen

I've been a lurker on this thread... lol. Anyways, I just found some pictures of the place where they filmed Gaksital and it brought lots of memories in me. Hope you guys will like it.

DSC01720_zps7064b5d8.jpg
DSC01718_zps697fcfb4.jpg
DSC01716_zps9c5bb721.jpg
DSC01733_zps9bf15721.jpg
DSC01713_zps8efcf6f8.jpg
DSC01709_zpsed3588f0.jpg
DSC01695_zps05f11c0e.jpg
DSC01692_zps927e228a.jpg
DSC01691_zps86251bb7.jpg
DSC01685_zps0d054d24.jpg
DSC01681_zps04f73801.jpg
DSC01680_zpse4c21ecc.jpg
DSC01679_zps6d263ded.jpg
DSC01667_zpsa898f33f.jpg
DSC01664_zpsaf43b261.jpg
DSC01662_zpsd2fcb3f9.jpg

fr a Naver blog

....maybe I will visit it when I get rich and able to go to Korea... ;))

coolreborn said:
lyra_brillantez said:

mrdimples

said: Joo Won interview on video, mentions BM and other stuff, hope we'll have the YT soon.I will take a look into the translations meanwhile

Thanks for the link, i converted it to 
;)) @lyra_brillantez: So cute!!! Can you post this in the Joo Won thread dear? Thanks!
yes no problem, am heading there ;))

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzk1NTM3NDE2.html
OMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII....................I just checked out another video and this is the first time I am hearing it. I am watching the video now and will come back to comment later. But the comment on baidu says that Joo Won did not take up the role as the 2nd lead in The Moon That Embrace The Sun because he was originally cast as the lead but then later was relegated to 2nd lead so he did not take up the offer. 
Well, all I can say is THANK GOD! Otherwise, we won't have the Bridal Mask that we know, right? 
-edit- it's a very long video and the part on Joo Won starts at around 35th minute. Maybe it's just speculation and the entire video was about celebrities who declined roles in drama/movie that went on to become a HIT. The show ended by saying it was a shame that Joo Won did not take up the offer. Well, it's one show's loss and OUR GAIN :D

@mrdimples: He was cast as the lead and then became 2nd lead... boooo. Glad he did not take it and taken Gaksital instead. Joo Won = Gaksital/Kang-to period.

My dear Soompi friends, i'm always here with you! Usually in *silent lurker mode ('cause my English is not so good)*, but i love all your wonderful post, the interviews, the pics, the video, the news, all the beautiful things that you have posted! *hug everyone from Italy* :x :x :x

PS: GASITAL FOREVER! =)