Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@rhaps, you're welcome! So you can't post over the weekends? You don't have computer at home or something. I think you seem to disappear on weekends or something. Anyway, just to let you know I watched episode 1 of BM again and it was awesome.

@sunshine4ever, no..I do have a laptop at home. But I have to do some overtime *pending jobs..sniffss* and I dont have a servant anymore. Usually I can spend much time in front of computer, but now I have to do house chores too..hahaha *lol*.

And, I'm learning new things. One of them are video editing. If only I could create an MV for BM..hahaha.. Well, at least I'm trying, right? :D

@sunshine4ever, anyway, so..more people rewatch BM from epi 1, huh.. :D.. I really miss the old episodes where MD was still oblivious about KT = young master. I dunno why.. I didnt think that their bickering was thay great..but after rewatching them again, I feel that it is soo romantic :D. Espeically in epi 11-12, where gaksital saved MD from Shunji. MD shot to the air and slowly moved in front of gaksital to protect him. To see how a small figure like her stood in front of a tall guy like that, yet so determined to protect him, that is just soo romantic! :x

And, when they hugged and gaksital brushed her hair so lovingly and protectively, then kissed her forehead, waaahhhhh!!! *too romantic for me to handle :x :x*. I found it much much more romantic than the scene in the jungle in epi 18. In fact, that's the most romantic scene from me :P

*waves* to everyone. Translating interviews now. For Joo Won, I cannot believe that there are about at least 5 more and he talks about BM in some of them and I spot something about Mok Dan and stuff. Be back later. 

@mrdimples, thanks so much, will you please update us on JW & JSY, too, if there is anything? Thanks so much. I wanted to know why SY didn't show up for that Edwin CF :( and she didn't even see him the other day, too.
rhaps said: @sunshine4ever, no..I do have a laptop at home. But I have to do some overtime *pending jobs..sniffss* and I dont have a servant anymore. Usually I can spend much time in front of computer, but now I have to do house chores too..hahaha *lol*.

And, I'm learning new things. One of them are video editing. If only I could create an MV for BM..hahaha.. Well, at least I'm trying, right? :D

Strange. Of so many interviews, I picked this one to translate because of one paragraph. I should have just translated that, huh? 

7024c13d70cf3bc7c222bd6ad100baa1cc112ac6

Joo Won, The Responsibility of being a “One Top” Actor..Even when he’s hurt, he will continue with the filming.

Through Bridal Mask, Joo Won has taken a huge step as an actor. Regarding this drama, following Baker King and Ojakgyo Brothers, everyone harbored expectations and also concerns towards the rising lead actor Joo Won. Using his passion and hard work, Joo Won changed the thinking of those people. Today, we meet up with the actor who played the Japanese Occupation period hero Lee Kangto-Joo Won.

It has already been one week since Bridal Mask ended. Resting for the first time in 6 months, how will Joo Won pass his time?

“I planned to rest at home; there are also fan meetings, autograph sessions and other activities for me to attend. I haven’t been able to watch TV, the most I watch 1N2D. For the longest time, I had been so busy working. Suddenly, when I have a break, I actually am at a loss of what to do.”

Filming from hot summer and ending in cool autumn. This being your first lead role in a drama, there must be pressure. How do you feel now that filming has ended?

“It feels like I am running and running, then abruptly coming to a stop.  After we ended filming in the afternoon at 4pm, I suddenly feel totally blank. Originally, I thought I would feel relaxed. On the contrary, I felt sad. At the filming set, I held back my tears, only when I reached home, I cried it out. It was like being shot by a gun in the chest, ‘bang’ the dam burst and tears flowed. “

Braving the heat, lack of sleep and fatigue, out of these 3, which was the most difficult?

“Compare to not having enough time to sleep, the most painful is not having the time to read the script. Because there are many lines that I have to process, so once I step into the filming set, I need to be in intense concentration, this is very important. Due to not having sleep, my ability to deliver the lines properly was greatly affected, I didn’t really eat much and my face became swollen.”

Being the lead actor, what is the heaviest responsibility?

“Even though you are very tired, you cannot show it. Even though you are in pain, you cannot say it. When I tore my ligament, I couldn’t even go to the hospital. Even though there was time to visit the hospital, I could not leave the film set. My body got slightly swollen and it became such that I could not clench my fist properly. Even though it was like this, I will try my best not to show it.

Starring in 3 dramas, all of which hit home run. Is it largely due to luck or real ability?

“I think it’s luck. No matter how passionate you are, if you have no luck, it won’t do either. Of course, my passion is no joking matter. My only strong points are physical power and passion. It’s actually not acting skill; it’s more of passion and energy that’s drawn by passion, hahaha.”

In the drama, mother, elder brother Lee Kangsan and Mok Dan all died in the end. Acting aside, it must be painful when those actor/actress who act alongside you died.

When Shin Hyun Joon and Song Ok Sook left, it was the most heartbreaking cry. The two persons whom I relied on the most all left, so I felt terrible. When Kim Eung Soo teacher who acted as Chief Kono left, I was also very unwilling. In the last episode, even Jin Se Yeon and Park Ki Woong Hyung left, I was complaining “Why did everyone die?””

In the drama, when you got married with Jin Se Yeon, how did you feel?

On the wedding day, I was really happy, that day Jin Se Yeon was also very pretty. The two of us were still playing, taking pictures of ourselves and having fun. However it was temporary (as Mok Dan got shot). Looking at Mok Dan, I was thinking “These days, can you find such a woman?”

Compared to your consistent acting ability, you are actually being labeled on the set as the “aegyo baby” What is your real personality?

“Because the character was having a difficult time, so whenever I had the opportunity, I would aeygo on the film set. Actually, I love skinship, among the actor, Han Chae Ah noon was the most receptive of my aegyoness. When I was naughty to her, her reactions were the most interesting.

For your next drama, what will you like to act in?

“I am currently looking at movie and drama scripts. Up till now, I have been acting in roles where the age is older than my own, characters that are very strong, sincere and serious. In the future I will want to act in a sweet and beautiful story. A romantic comedy or like “Snow Queen” type of drama will be nice. I really wish to act in a romantic drama where I could cry and laugh heartily. 

Chinese translation: 由米35

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: SBS E!

(They had the lyrics of “Gangnam Style” changed to Joo Won Style. But I am not translating here)

I debated putting here as opposed to put it under Joo Won thread only but I think there's a bit within that some here will care to read. 

“I am Joo Won’s Style” Interview – A man who, when he is in love, cares about the length of his girlfriend’s skirt. Part 1

1d78bb19ebc4b745ed7ab390cffc1e178b821572

Style 1: Interest

Joo Won is a very attractive man. From his looks, he just looks like the charming type of man who comes from a Gangnam HOT club. Although his looks are gorgeous, in reality don’t talk about CLUB, he is a man who don’t really know how to drink. He doesn’t have many friends in the entertainment circle. Only through Bridal Mask, he has become closer to Park Ki Woong and also his hyungs on 1N2D are his closest friends in the entertainment world.

“Do I look like someone who can drink? Actually I don’t know how. During breaks, I will drink coffee or I will catch up with my friends somewhere near my home. Even though it is like this, there are also people who would say “Liar” and ask me to drink. So these are the ones who got me dead drunk a couple of times. Haha.”

Style 2: In Love

When Joo Won is in love, he is the conservative type of man. Not the naughty type. Girls who wear short skirts and clubbing are unlikely to be Joo Won’ girlfriend. Once he falls in love, he will take care of her in every way.

“Once I start to fall in love, I will be totally dedicated, a bit possessive, and a bit conservative. I don’t like terribly short skirts and club; also don’t like girls who love to drink. I don’t spend on dating in a way that’s not in line with my age nor buy branded handbags as gifts. Feel grieved? Whatever my girlfriend does not like, I definitely will not do it.

Style 3: Ideal Type

Joo Won’s ideal type is very simple. Kind and cheerful girl. If he has to choose between ‘fox’ style or ‘bear’ style, he will choose ‘bear’ without hesitation. Joowon at this age, having such an honest style of romance, has also won the praise of the seniors, saying he is a realist.

“A girl’s character is more important than her looks. I like the ‘bear’ style of girls most. Too simple is also boring? As long as she is my girlfriend, I feel it’s good and that’s all that matters. In Bridal Mask, I like girls like Jin Se Yeon, kind-hearted and loves to laugh.

Style 4: First Love

When asked about first love, Joo Won said “I hope she will not read this report” and started to recall. Although I didn’t have anything, I was filled with passion, it was a beautiful recollection.

“It was a friend from High School. Whether she was dancing or whatever she was doing, she was always so beautiful in my eyes. Didn’t they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder? We would secretly meet in the corner of the theatre. Because I didn’t want to spend the allowance my parents gave me, I had no money. At that time, we only met in school and spend time chatting. Of course, now we are very good friends. “

Style 5: 10 years later

Through Bridal Mask, Joo Won became the new generation of. In these 6 months, he worked relentlessly. Especially in the final 2 weeks, he almost did not catch a wink, continuously filming. Seeing Joo Won with such fearsome concentration powers, friends around him are shocked. Till now, in his sleep, Joo Won will say: “What scene are we filming now?” talking in his dreams. Giving such level of enthusiasm, what are his dreams for 10 years from now?

“I hope to become more of a man. Now, I still have a child-like side. I’ll need 10 years to become a man who oozes sex appeal and masculine charm. I hope to become a man who has charm. Like Al Pacino, this type of sexy actor. Of course, the basic premise must be acting skills.

Chinese translation: 由米35

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Park Ki Woong's other dream
pkw5.jpg
Park Ki woong never dreamed of becoming an actor. In fact, other than a brief spell of admiration for child star Kim Min Jung, Park Ki Woong didn't have any favourite actors. He was a guy who only knew drawing, to the extent that he didn't even know about the other aspects of the study of Art. In the nation wide model examination, Park Ki Woon ranked top 10. 
Many are curious as to how he entered this industry. The answer: he was discovered by the talent company's agent on the streets of Seoul, Sincheon [the agent even asked Park Ki Woong to bring him home so he could convince PKW's father]. At that time, Park Ki Woong had just suffered a setback because he failed to enter into his dream university. It was a huge blow for him and he wanted to retake the exam but circumstances didn't allow for it. Even though he still managed to get into another university, he didn't feel overly happy about it. 
"At that time, I really felt suffocated and trapped in a corner. It was at that time when I was discovered.Because I didn't manage to get into the university of my choice, I thought "Maybe this will be better" and that was acting."
When he first debuted, Park Ki Woong didn't hold too high a hope for his acting. He said: "I've thought about earning a lot of money and becoming famous. When I was still a newcomer, there was no steady income so while acting, I was also a lecturer in my school. I thought that I suited acting and I wanted to do better. I think, even if i managed to enter my dream university, I would still have chosen to act. From this, it was not difficult to tell his deep love for drawing. 
Talking about his new dream, Park Ki Woong said "Although it's very tough, it's also very interesting. If it's possible, I wish to continue acting for a long time. the possibility of being in only one profession for your entire life is low, so in future I want to do something related to educating the juniors. After being a lecturer in my school and having taught English tuition, I felt that teaching was a very meaningful job. Come one day, when I've amassed sufficient experience and skill, I would like to share that with my juniors."
Hmm....so that's why he was so good as teacher Shunji hahah!! So cute! But Ki Woong ah, don't go off to teach too early, we still want you on our TV screens! Thankfully we have the present day Park Ki Woong or Kimura Shunji would not have been awesome/scary/crazy/weak/vulnerable. 
Some of Ki Woong's drawings, credits to DC and baidu:
pkw6.jpgpkw7.jpgpkw8.jpgpkw9.jpgpkw10.jpg
Original text and photo:TV reportChinese translation by 莪爱雀斑 @ Park Ki Woong baidu tieba
English translation by mojobobo @ soompi

@hobeverly1212  my friend ordered OST for me at yesasia.com and she said there's a delay so I'm not going to receive it until much later. it won't be available for shipping until the 26th. I don't know why, but I guess I don't really mind for now... :) if you're interested in the BM books there are two pdf books available. let me know and I'll link you..also mojobobo posted the pics of the books in jpg also.

@mojobobo, if there are merchandise or something special will you let me know? I don't know why today I was thinking of us making Bridal Mask mugs with pictures of the cast as our celebration one time later..maybe we can do it when we're one year old? I bet by then everyone's gone, hahaha. I'm so tempted to make a Bridal Mask Lounge thread in the Korean general discussion forum so much since it allows us to talk about the BM cast's moving on, hahaha. Glad you like the pics of KT & SJ especially the cute smile that SJ has. I like the last picture, too.

@mojobobo, thx for the translation. OMG..those are PKW's drawings?? Those are no joke! He is an expert!

Wah..I love PKW and JW more and more. Those two turn out to be a really good guys and kinda homebody type. That is my favourite kinda guy.

So, BM is a wonderful movie and starred by two guys who turn out to be my type?? Wahh..I'm loving it more and more...:x

Hi Kangto and Mokdan shippers,

I just felt like composing all the news related to JW & SY together for those who want to analyze the situation, but while you are doing it, please do not attach to anything because our ship can sink any moment.

review this and remain calm:

this is an interview a while back and this was what Joo Won said about Se Yeon
eipij4.jpg
25isphe.jpg

and recently, all of these news gave us the same message (so sorry for the sake of so many news I cannot credit all sources, but I will credit translators, majority of news were recent):

- Let's try one round of Ideal type world cup. if you had to choose between Jin Se Yeon and Uee, who would be better?

"If I had to choose between the two of them, I will pick Se Yeon. Although Uee is very pretty, Se Yeon has a brighter and more cheerful personality. She was always smiling and laughing on set. She's a child who will infect everybody with the Happy Virus. I feel that compared to the fox, I prefer the bear. Se Yeon is a friend who is just like that. Se Yeon never hides her feelings. As long as she likes someone, she will always be very nice to that person. But then if I call her a bear, I think Se Yeon is going to be unhappy {LOLLLLLL}"

English translaton by mojobobo @ soompi

Ideal Type
“I like cheerful, kind people. Like a bear. Because I hate calculative(or is it manipulative?) type, once the other party “push and pull” I will immediately break up. A girl like Mok Dan is hard to find. Throughout her life, she only thought of the boy who gave her the knife. In reality, there won’t be such a woman. I like the simple, pure type. Difference in age does not matter. "

English translations: mrdimples @ soompi

In the drama, when you got married with Jin Se Yeon, how did you feel?
On the wedding day, I was really happy, that day Jin Se Yeon was also very pretty. The two of us were still playing, taking pictures of ourselves and having fun. However it was temporary (as Mok Dan got shot). Looking at Mok Dan, I was thinking “These days, can you find such a woman?”

English translation: mrdimples @ soompi

Style 3: Ideal Type
Joo Won’s ideal type is very simple. Kind and cheerful girl. If he has to choose between ‘fox’ style or ‘bear’ style, he will choose ‘bear’ without hesitation. Joowon at this age, having such an honest style of romance, has also won the praise of the seniors, saying he is a realist.

“A girl’s character is more important than her looks. I like the ‘bear’ style of girls most. Too simple is also boring? As long as she is my girlfriend, I feel it’s good and that’s all that matters. In Bridal Mask, I like girls like Jin Se Yeon, kind-hearted and loves to laugh.

and this recent questionnaire:

Translation by ctfrsgp:
1. Best character I hav potrayed so far: Lee Kangto
6. Actress whom I hav worked with & hav most memorable experience: Jin Se Yeon
19. Most difficult times in my life: During filming of BM
20. Most recent kiss: 2-3 weeks ago

After reading all of these I was just wondering why he could be so blunt! "I like bear, and JSY is like a bear. I also like Mokdan because she is faithful to the man she loves." Haha. I don't really know her that much, but reading about him I think he's a conservative and a homeboy type who cares about a girl a lot. I think anyone who loves him or has him loving her is very lucky because he seems like a very loyal type based on what i read about him. He seems like a modern Kangto to me. But then does he have to praise her so many times in so many news? it makes me go: "okay, what's on your mind? what are you implying?" and i wonder how Jin Se Yeon perceive this news if she read it from different sources like us.

Anyway, here is what Jin Se Yeon said about her Ideal Type and Joo Won:

This might be an out dated question. What’s your ideal type of man?
JSY: I don’t have any special criteria. A man who is himself? A man whom I can straightforwardly be close to.

If Joo Won and Joo Ji Hoon stand in front of you, who will you choose?
(Without hesitation) JSY: Joo Won Oppa! Although I am very apologetic towards Ji Hoon oppa, but I am very close to Joo Won, feel comfortable. While we were filming Bridal Mask, we resonate in many areas. Joo Won Oppa likes girls who are straightforward and without thinking too much. Although I am young, but I’m mature, I also have a frank nature, so we could get close easily and film together very well. Ah, I am very sorry. Of course, Ji Hoon oppa is also very handsome but still there’s a bit of awkwardness and embarrassment. So, I still feel Joo Won Oppa is better.

Okay, she seemed like she already knows his ideal type and/or the girl he likes. I wonder where this will take us. *sighs* Anyway, let's not hope too much and let's just wait and see. ^^ But I'm so glad that both of them enjoyed each other's company  as they filmed BM. I'm also glad that SY didn't end filming too early. ^^ Because at least I know then that she was still making other people laugh including him laugh because seriously the drama that they filmed is intense and sad. Maybe he already missed her laughter that caused this interview to be so blunt, keke.

I'm going to leave you with these two pictures (thanks to
@Jessi15 for noticing JW & JSY wearing the same stripe shirt. If you want to see more matching clothes that they wore, head over to their thread, hehe):
2s6ly5e.jpg
okxtgm.png
^picture with JW with a heart over him credits to coolreborn for posting @ JW's thread...

I really want to cut his pix and match it with hers so they look matching, but I feel bad because his picture is not mine, haha. So there you can have them separate, but matching clothes.

Have a totally awesome night, afternoon, and morning to all of you. ^__^

-edit-
thanks to sophiechoice @ JW & JSY's thread for this picture of them put together:

120ru4w.jpg

@sunshine4ever.....ah...maybe that's why my korea fren said it's not available yet....hmmm guees I'llhave to ask hre to check it dfor me again in early Oct....
thanks, but I've already downloaded the 2 PDF books....excellent....wish they have more stuff on BM though...it's hard to get anything here in Spore......

@mojobobo........ Yeah pls do update us if there's any merchandise etc...

thx all :)

hobeverly1212 said: @sunshine4ever.....ah...maybe that's why my korea fren said it's not available yet....hmmm guees I'llhave to ask hre to check it dfor me again in early Oct....
thanks, but I've already downloaded the 2 PDF books....excellent....wish they have more stuff on BM though...it's hard to get anything here in Spore......

@mojobobo........ Yeah pls do update us if there's any merchandise etc...

thx all :)

@sunshine4ever.....ah...maybe that's why my korea fren said it's not available yet....hmmm guees I'llhave to ask hre to check it dfor me again in early Oct....thanks' date=' but I've already downloaded the 2 PDF books....excellent....wish they have more stuff on BM though...it's hard to get anything here in Spore......@mojobobo........ Yeah pls do update us if there's any merchandise etc...thx all :)[/quote']

@hobeverly1212 Where can i find the 2 PDF books? I know mojobobo has mentioned it earlier but I dun wait to plough thru the previous pages to find it coz I'm using my mphone. I will get cross-eye before I find it if I hav to scroll up & down on mphone @-)