Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

This news is surfaced online in a Japanese website

Source from  http://www.wowkorea.jp/news/enter/2012/0920/10103032.html

I am not good at translation but I will do my best.

Korean actor Joo Won will appear on a live broadcast radio program, Voin De Bridge.  The program will go on air at 8pm on 28 Sep on Rainbow Town FM (79.2Mhz).

By registering through mobile site, fans will be picked by a lucky draw to see Joo Won through the glass window of the live broadcast studio.  He will answer his fans questions.

Playing 3 drama series and all achieved No 1 viewer rating for the same time slot in Korea, Joo Won is now crowned as “Viewer Rating Prince”.  From this year, he will start this singing activities and make a debut to sing the theme song “Nadeshiko” for the movie ”Bungo – a small wish”  which will be premiered on 29 Sep.

Guest sunshine4ever

class="content-title"Sunshine's note: Please go to page 78 of Joo Won's thread for a longer detailed interview that mojobobo translated titled: "Part 1: Joo Won - "My style? Compared to Uee, I prefer Jin Se Yeon." class="content-title"“Bridal Mask” Star Joo Won Picks Jin Se Yeon over Uee in Ideal Type World Cup

girlonthemoon September 21, 2012

rjlgck.gif

KBS drama “Bridal Mask” star Joo Won prefers “Bridal Mask” love interest Jin Se Yeon over “Ojakgyo Brothers” love interest Uee.

On September 21, “Bridal Mask” star Joo Won sat down for an interview with newspaper “Ilgan Sports” and talked about various subjects such as hallyu stars avoiding “Bridal Mask” for fear of backlash in Japan, performing his own action scenes, feelings for co-stars, and who he would choose in ideal type world cup.

On hallyu stars avoiding “Bridal Mask,” Joo Won: “I think at the time I thought very simply.  It was a situation in which the script had only been written to episode 4, and so, first, I thought it will be fun.  Also, under the circumstances, there were a lot of people who made favorable comments about the original manhwa [the drama was adapted from the manhwa], and so I really wanted to do it.  Actually, I found out later that hallyu stars were avoiding the drama because of their activities in Japan.  But, it didn’t occur to me to think that far.”

On his own action scenes, Joo Won: “As the shooting progressed, the gravity or seriousness of the action scenes I had to kept growing.  As I am a person who likes to exercise and I had done some action scenes as a sort of hobby, in the moment, I think the martial arts director looked at me kindly.  Honestly, I was afraid of wearing the wires at first.  Though on my own I was afraid, during the beginning of the shooting, because Jin Se Yeon flew with the wires on so easily without fear, I was a bit embarrassed and worked harder.  [laughs]”

On feelings when acting with female co-stars, Joo Won: “I have had feelings.  If I say I didn’t, that’s what would be weird.  But, instead, I think that it is an actor’s ability to be able to understand the true nature of those feelings and exercise restraint and control.”

On who he would choose in ideal type world cup between Uee and Jin Se Yeon, Joo Won: “If I must pick one person of the two, I would pick Jin Se Yeon.  Even though Uee is extremely bright and pretty, Jin Se Yeon’s bright side is magnified.  I have never even once seen Jin Se Yeon with a frown on her face on the filming set.  She’s the kind of girl who is always laughing and spreads “happy virus” to others around her.  I always thought I like a bear better than a fox, and Jin Se Yeon is that kind of a person.  Jin Se Yeon is also not the type to play push-and-pull game.   If she likes someone, she will always do well for that person.  But, if I call Jin Se Yeon a bear will she feel bad? [laughs]” 

k4v694.jpg

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2012/09/21/bridal-mask-star-joo-won-picks-jin-se-yeon-over-uee-in-ideal-type-world-cup/

Guest sunshine4ever

@kaeruchan, that's so awesome. I can't view the clip yet, but will when I get home. Yay! He even wrote Jin Se Yeon on the #6 as translated. It's so cool that he likes being Kangto and he likes the actress that acted Mokdan.

OMY....there is a JSY interview and she picked Joo Won over Joo Ji Hoon. Should I translate? There's another which I was about to start. Oh dear

Jin Se Yeon Interview 

1d78bb19ebc4b745df47c193cffc1e178b821514

Please share your thoughts on Bridal Mask

JSY: Haha, although it was rather embarrassing, because of Bridal Mask, I grew more matured. Joo Won Oppa, Ki Woong Oppa, Chae Ah unni all took very good care of me, the youngest, that’s why Mok Dan is fulfilled. Though Mok Dan has a lot of burdens, my fans protected me and gave me warmth, thus I could do my best in the filming. One day, Kangto played a trick on me, that gave me an idea and slapped his stomach. Actually I was inwardly concerned but Joo Won Oppa could take it in stride, that’s why we can become closer.

How do you feel about Joo Won?

JSY: Totally a child. Although older than me by 6 years, but feels like he is a younger than me by 6 years younger brother, feel like protecting him. I am like a Noona, treating Oppa as the maknae, I am really sorry. However, once we are into filming, I always admired how he can change totally from his usual self.  I see what Joo Won Oppa’ acting can really do. Once filming ends, immediately he turns into the cute child Joo Won, his ever changing looks are really unbelievable.

This might be an out dated question. What’s your ideal type of man?

JSY: I don’t have any special criteria. A man who is himself? A man whom I can straightforwardly be close to.

If Joo Won and Joo Ji Hoon stand in front of you, who will you choose?

(Without hesitation) JSY: Joo Won Oppa! Although I am very apologetic towards Ji Hoon oppa, but I am very close to Joo Won, feel comfortable. While we were filming Bridal Mask, we resonate in many areas. Joo Won Oppa likes girls who are straightforward and without thinking too much. Although I am young, but I’m mature, I also have a frank nature, so we could get close easily and film together very well. Ah, I am very sorry. Of course, Ji Hoon oppa is also very handsome but still there’s a bit of awkwardness and embarrassment. So, I still feel Joo Won Oppa is better

In the future, if you have the chance to act with any of the Bridal Mask actors?

JSY: Totally honored. Not just from Joo Won Oppa, Ki Wong Oppa, also Chae Ah Unni, XXX etc sunbaes I learnt a lot on acting. Hopefully one day I will be able to work again with the cast of Bridal Mask.

What’s next after Five Fingers?

JSY: I have not acted in a romantic comedy or as a bad person. I will like to try even if it’s a supporting role, it can be an important one.

Posted on baidu : 澄空孤星

English translation : mrdimples@soompi

Source : not stated

@exile18
that is MY GRAPHIC... take it down immediately please.
come on... reblog never take out~ T^T 

ALSO..@kaeruchan
thank you for that video! so cute when he was making that angry face he was all... "Am I doing it now? is it showing?" LOL~~~!!!

so, Joo Won chose Se Yeon as his ideal type, and Se Yeon chose Joo Won as her ideal typ, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)>- =D> Kang-to Mok-Dan isn't over after all, hihihihihihihihihihihihi :P 
-edit-thank you @mrdimples, @sunshine4ever for the articles, I think I should change my signature, from fan of KanDan couple to fan of JooYeon couple???? 

Joo Won: Director asked “Why Did You Cry So Much?”

7bac880a19d8bc3ee2cc0f4f828ba61ea9d3451f

Acting in only 3 productions, quickly becoming ratings main actor. At the same time, he carved his name rightfully on the 10 billion won mega KBS2 TV drama “Bridal Mask”. Debuting as a musical actor, through Baker King and Ojaygkyo Brothers, he rapidly rose to be on the list of lead actors.

Joo Won’s  growth is amazing. Although during the initial filming of Baker King, he suffered censures, he gradually improved his deficiencies and finally with fine acting skills, he secure the prized seat of the weekend drama throne.

Bridal Mask, I Believe This is A Good Drama

Bridal Mask and MBC “I Do I DO”, SBS “Ghost had a show of strength.  Compared to these competing dramas, that the actors are lesser known is undeniable. However, starting broadcast from the 30th May, among the 3 dramas, making the record for the highest ratings, is the counterstrike by the maknaes, starting off the topic of  success.  

Bridal Mask seems to have became a hot topic. Before I decided to take the role, I read up to episode 4 of the script, the gorgeous scenes amazed me. Lee Kangto is a multi-talented, multi-skilled and multi-faceted character. The pieced of work(of the drama) is the focus, that it succeeded is within expectations.

Although I did think of achieving certain levels of success but at the same time, it came with the tremendous stress. Becoming the main lead of a 10 billion won production, the pressures is expected. Joo Won said: “If the drama did not receive good response, I will feel it’s my responsibility.” He revealed his huge burden in his heart.

“It was not because of the competitors but because I took on the main lead that caused me to shoulder this great burden. Before filming Bridal Mask, I did not prepare any experience as a main lead therefore the pressure was huge.(laughs). It was already a heavy responsibility being the lead actor, add to that was the huge amount of money that was poured into this production. Fortunately there was such a good script and so many fine actors. If the response is not good, I will feel it’s my fault so I set my heart that I must do well.

This stress was all changed into keen motivation. Regardless that the burden was huge, but instead of feeling stressed, might as well turn it into a determination to perform better and spur myself.

Although there was burden, but the burden did not become stress. I feel that there is no avoiding responsibility, all this must be experienced. Unknowingly feeling the stress, it will wipe out the good mood on the film set. That’s why because of the burdensome feeling, I was able to go all out and perform.

At the set of Bridal mask, tears flew, Director asked “ Why do you cry to this state?

In Bridal Mask, Lee Kangto’s tears never dried. His father sacrificed in the Independence movement, yet he had to show loyalty to the Imperial Japanese in order to live. To be able to catch Bridal Mask, he had to be brutal. Yet when he finally caught him, it was his brother Lee Kangsan.

That was still not the end of Kangto’s problems. Carrying the name of Imperial Japanese mutt, his family’s remains were even destroyed by his people. Kangto’s mother was killed by Shunji’s brother, Kenji. In the end, Kangto himself killed Bridal Mask.

After he became Bridal Mask, crying scenes continue. Becoming enemies with his closest friend Shunji; his love Mok Dan killed by Shunji’s shot. Under these circumstances, Joo Won’s tears could not stop flowing interrupting the filming. At the same time, acting opposite him, Park Ki Woong was also unable to stop crying.

“Was even scolded by Yoon Sung Shik saying : Why are you two crying like this?” “I feel that although Kangto and Shunji are enemies, even as we stand off each other, we have to show feelings of friendship. Because of this, as we acted, the emotions just culminated. In the final scene, Shunji and Kangto drank together, my tears just burst. How did Shunji and Kangto reached this state…it’s really heartbreaking.”

Bridal Mask is a magnificent action and rich in emotion production. The demand it exacts on acting skills is much higher than a typical drama. Act evil, cry your heart out, chasing and running for your life.  Joo Won also expressed:  “From the perspective of emotions, it’s really difficult”

“It was like the drama’s crying scenes were very long. After the emotional scenes were over, there were many times I still continue to cry. After getting the signal “OK”, I was still unable to stop crying. Only when I finished crying the remaining tears and wiped them dry, then I could move on to a new feeling. Bridal Mask 2? It’s good but Shunji and Mok Dan are no longer around, only I and Hong Joo are left. Haha”

Chinese translation: 由米35

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: mydaily

Glad to know they are close to each other and have the other one as the ideal type ^^. Who knows, maybe one day they will admit their secret relationship and will marry for real :P

@mojobobo, @sunshine4ever and @mrdimples, I really appreciate your hard work. Thank you very much for your translations. Those articles are so good.

I wish Jin Se Yeon and Joo Won could reunite in another drama. I love their chemistry and the way they respond to each others acting. Both mentioned in their latest interviews that they would like to act in a romantic comedy! It would be really awesome if they got paired again. Jin Se Yeon and Joo Won compliment each other very well. Seems that they are very comfortable around each other and that they really enjoyed working together. Although it's rare for kdrama couples to reunite as leads for another drama, I hope that in Joo Won's and Jin Se Yeon's case, they will have more luck and we will be able to see them playing a romantic couple again. After all, for Jang Hyuk and Lee Dae Hee, Iris2 will be their third collaboration...One can only wish for Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon to meet again in another drama.

Some details:
I remember, that the first time most of us noticed 'Holy', was at the end of episode 17 when Mokdan was waiting for Kangto and unmasked him. 'Holy' from OST was played in the earlier episodes way before it was released as part of OSTp5:
1.Kangto falls in the water, Mokdan escapes from the police station
kjhnkfj_zps6df87cd6.jpg
yjhgl_zps14e9cccd.jpg

2.Konno stops Mokdan from entering the nail cage
oijf_zps78047c7e.jpg
kjnf_zps0e90843d.jpg

3. The Egg&Rock talk between Damsari and Kangto
kjghv_zps28157082.jpg
iujhfou_zpsd4b02bae.jpg

Also, they used to play instrumental for Goodbye Day during Mokdan-Kangto scenes before she found out who he was. Then, after Boonyi and Young Master reunited in ep 18, they changed the background music to You In My Arms (instrumental):

earlier episode: You In My Arms in episode 11:
lkjhalfd_zps830890a4.jpg
wekjhfn_zpsc2227da2.jpg

lyrics:
Finally, my love is going to you
Untitledniwekj_zps54bbb3a7.jpg

I’m looking at you...I’m hurting like this...Don’t forget me

QHJNOR_zps89c6d09d.jpg
alskfjm_zps8201157a.jpg
I will always be standing in that place
kjahf_zps5e120c27.jpg
So you can always come into my arms and lean on me
Untitledksjhf_zps9939a4c9.jpg
I’m looking at you... Come into my arms anytime, into my arms for youlhdsbf_zps7d35160e.jpg
When you are in my arms, crying... I will always be standing in that place..Come into my arms anytime, into my arms for youkjnf_zps41138f5f.jpg
lkjnsf_zps44c4cc3c.jpg
I can’t live without you...I’m looking at you...I’m hurting like this...Don’t forget me
lkjbd_zps75e3119e.jpg

Finally, my love is going to you
lkjfwq_zpsde8e9fa9.jpg
lkjfa_zpsf7bd84e5.jpg

Guest Jessi15

It seems like they have had a lot interviews with the same media TVDaily, MyDaily and yet they did them separately? It would be nice to see them reunited again but I guess SY is probably busy filming FF. Personally, I am happy just knowing that they have this close relationship and feel comfortable around one another whilst filming BM. Hopefully they will continue to maintain their friendship now that BM is over. In some of bts scene, I felt that SY was not treating JW as an "older" and I couldn't help smiling reading her comment about feeling protective towards JW as she is 6 years younger lol. JW, are you sure you have never seen JSY's frown on the filming set?? In the last bts while filming the wedding scene, he must have somehow upset JSY and got pushed away... SY looked a bit angry then.

Thanks snguyenova for posting BM captures. It does bring back a lot of fond memories . It is always good to see KT-MD, how they love each other 'sighs'

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, so sorry but I was in a rush this morning and I just read mojobobo's translated news article and I thought that it was mostly about Joo Won. I hope mojobobo will select scenes of the translations she did at Joo Won's thread and repost here as it relates (part of it) to Bridal Mask.  Although similar, but has something else, also.
mojobobo said:

With such a standard of acting, it is only natural that one would hope to receive an award at the year end award ceremony. But he said "I have no desire to receive an award at all. If I do get an award, of course I will be thankful and after that, still thankful. But even if I don't get an award...I feel like I'm an old soul in a young person's body. Truthfully, because I've always acted maturely, I was always cautious about what I did. So I want to live more comfortably and calmly. That way, I'd be at peace with myself. To be able to do your best no matter what kind of environment you are in, that is the best. I've tried living my life to the extremes but that just left me feeling very tired."
Photo and text source: mydaily
Chinese translation by 莪爱雀斑 @ Park Ki Woong Baidu Tieba
English translation by mojobobo @ soompi

Guest sunshine4ever

It's been over 2 weeks and...
30kptsy.jpg

2rhlp9h.jpg

34q8zk6.jpg

2nh12md.jpg

2en2udt.jpg

xli33r.jpg

671se8.jpg

2lv1h84.jpg

24wf4tz.jpg

Kang To & Mok Dan's Globe Amaranths for all of you Bridal Mask faithful fans:

n5pjwh.jpg

34ys0p5.jpg

34ys0p5.jpg

2115ahy.jpg

fxdnw4.jpg

I ship these flowers:

2s9w074.jpg

pictures of the Globe Amaranths credits to heaven1412 at kites and as labeled on pictures.

Guest demoeoe

Jessi15 said:

It seems like they have had a lot interviews with the same media TVDaily, MyDaily and yet they did them separately? It would be nice to see them reunited again but I guess SY is probably busy filming FF. Personally, I am happy just knowing that they have this close relationship and feel comfortable around one another whilst filming BM. Hopefully they will continue to maintain their friendship now that BM is over. In some of bts scene, I felt that SY was not treating JW as an "older" and I couldn't help smiling reading her comment about feeling protective towards JW as she is 6 years younger lol. JW, are you sure you have never seen JSY's frown on the filming set?? In the last bts while filming the wedding scene, he must have somehow upset JSY and got pushed away... SY looked a bit angry then.

Thanks snguyenova for posting BM captures. It does bring back a lot of fond memories . It is always good to see KT-MD, how they love each other 'sighs'

Guest Jessi15

demoeoe said: Jessi15 said:

Guest demoeoe

Jessi15 said:  
@demoeoe I remember it well but I don't think SY was angry because straight after she complained about being "dropped" which I don't think it was a heavy drop, I can hear her laughing while JW was trying to comfort her, probably he was trying to explain that he did not mean to or something. I couldn't help laughing out loud seeing JW was embracing SY and leaning it so hard into her that I thought for a moment that he was going to land on top of her lol

@sunshine4ever
Thank you for those lovely captures. I can never get tired of them. You all know how much I love OB but I must say in terms of scenes like the ones you captured above, BM is really topping it. And that's to say a lot for me. I wanted to write but was entirely swamped by work and doing a bit of translations at night. I meant to comment on the lovely cinematography of this drama and this scene is just one of them. 
I am not a 'flower' type of girl. Maybe it's because I can count with one hand, the number of times  I've received a bouquet or even a stalk. Pathetic, I know. But I'll always remember this Globe Amaranth because it reminds me of the beautiful love between Kangto & Mok Dan. I'll just buy it for myself, LOL