Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

marie67 said:

Man this waiting for the preview is killing me on one hand, and on the other hand I just want to wait forever for it, I just DONT WANT IT TO END!!!!

Here is a pic I made ;)

Hi everyone..

I went out of town last week and have.no time to post anything, just read the comments. Now, as usual, tons of works are waiting.. I just wanna say thx a lot for he instrumental ost and all the discussion. I actually have so much things to respon your posts, about KT-MD-Shunji,but I really didnt have time. Now I've lost them and I kinda forgot whose posts were those..so, yeah..let's keep my thoughts for myself.

@mrdimples and @sunshine4ever, I too dont really expect the preview coz I dont want BM to end :P. Then again, now that I think about it, it's better to end the series while it's still good than to have en extension that deteriotes the quality. This will make BM memorable.

In addition, for someone who asks whether JooWon was suffered or not in OB, yes he did. I only watched a view episodea of OB, but I read almost all the recaps. JooWon character also had his inner conflicts since childhood. Its a different one with his character in Baker King, and JooWon managed to deliver a good performance in describing those characters with their own uniqueness. But, KangTo's suffering is the worst compares to those two. Still, JooWon describe all those 3 people as different people with different personalities. Kudos for him.

sunshine4ever said: @marie67, thanks for having a look out for the preview. I agree with @mrdimples now that it's kind of weird that I'm not even waiting for the preview. Maybe because it's a bit dreadful to think of the ending or maybe I'm afraid to part from BM, haha.

@yuhotarubi, thanks so much for the music video. It's great. Wow a fan even captured MD's facial expressions and matched it well with the scenes to make it as if she was really falling in love with KT and jealous. Some of the music videos make me want to go back and watch episode 1 again so much because I feel like I forgot a lot of the stuffs in this drama.

@ctfrsgp, oh no, JW's character in OB also suffers too? Ahh, I'm sure he is not going to be as suffering as KT, right? I can't believe mrdimples said she rewatch episode 25 again. I think the scene that KT was telling SJ his story and how he came to kill SJ's brother was one scene that made me cry. The rest was just gruesome so I didn't rewatch episode 25 again. Thanks for explaining to me  why you wouldn't watch it just yet. I think episode 26 was actually more sad and 25 is a little gruesome because they tortured KT.

@mrdimples, it's so great that you're starting to dissect Kang To. I want to talk about him and Mok Dan in a later post as you mentioned his pain. I'll explain to you later when I'm given time to dig through my mind what I wanted to say. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

@marie67, love the pic you just post!! haha. I also saw some of what you posted at Faith and it was equally hilarious as well.

@mojobobo, I'm shocked to read that you read all the pages! And it's true you really did go through the pages. Kudos to you. Thank goodness you're back. I just feel like I should shut up so people could start talking or something for a couple of days. lol.

@nhatkhanh, thank you so much for allowing me to help with the translation of the news. I cannot believe it. sunshine4ever made it to Joo Won International Fansclub. :) If it's by myself, I'd never be able to translate that long article. But I think I should buy a Vietnamese and English dictionary. Translating helps me appreciate all who translate for me.

@rhaps, thanks for your answering..oh and you know I think you read about me switching boat right? I'm going back to ship with KT on his pain, but I can empathize with SJ's pain also.

@coolreborn, thanks for brighten my day. I like to laugh and most of the posts you posted were funny. :)

Guest aida038

marie67 said:

Man this waiting for the preview is killing me on one hand, and on the other hand I just want to wait forever for it, I just DONT WANT IT TO END!!!!

Here is a pic I made ;)

mrdimples said: Yes. I rewatched that scene in episode 25 again and again. In my very first viewing which was live streaming. I was cringing throughout the whole whipping scene and when they put him in the box, I was screaming on the inside. I even took off the ear plugs cuz Kangto's screams and the sound of that cage and i would imagine nails piercing his body was just too much to take. 
But I went back to rewatch it because there was something in there which Kangto brought forth. It was not just the terrible physical pain but more. And it tied in together with what he said to Shunji when they had the one to one. That's why I tried as hard as I can to encapsulate the underlying thoughts and emotions of the entire scene. 
For those who cannot bear to watch the scene, please try. I am not a sadist. It is just that these actors put so much into a scene like this so I think as a viewer, I will like to appreciate their hard work by watching it no matter how uncomfortable it made me feel. If you see how films are produced, they do a lot of takes and a lot more film(old typology) is used than what actually appear on the drama itself after editing. So for that particular scene, I can only imagine what Joo Won went through to produce the final effect we saw. And not to forget that crazy, emotional one between him and PKW, so much that PKW cried when he wasn't even supposed to. 

rhaps said: Hi everyone..

I went out of town last week and have.no time to post anything, just read the comments. Now, as usual, tons of works are waiting.. I just wanna say thx a lot for he instrumental ost and all the discussion. I actually have so much things to respon your posts, about KT-MD-Shunji,but I really didnt have time. Now I've lost them and I kinda forgot whose posts were those..so, yeah..let's keep my thoughts for myself.

@mrdimples and @sunshine4ever, I too dont really expect the preview coz I dont want BM to end :p. Then again, now that I think about it, it's better to end the series while it's still good than to have en extension that deteriotes the quality. This will make BM memorable.

In addition, for someone who asks whether JooWon was suffered or not in OB, yes he did. I only watched a view episodea of OB, but I read almost all the recaps. JooWon character also had his inner conflicts since childhood. Its a different one with his character in Baker King, and JooWon managed to deliver a good performance in describing those characters with their own uniqueness. But, KangTo's suffering is the worst compares to those two. Still, JooWon describe all those 3 people as different people with different personalities. Kudos for him.

mojobobo said: HI FRIENDS I'M BACK!!!!! Have I been missed...
I just trawled through all the 20+ pages that I've missed and I'm so sad I wasn't here to participate in the discussion immediately after the episode. 

credit to @sunshine4ever for the YT video. Translation of chinese subs of this interview below. 

Interview with Park Ki Woong
no source or subs translator credited. 

Q: Is acting the antagonist very tiring?

PKW: Yes, it is. I am physically exhausted but the toll it takes on my mind is even worse.

This role is not an ordinary one, there is a lot of complexities in the emotions. Apart from the difficulty in acting this, the most important thing is not to let the audience feel repulsed. This is a very big hurdle so I put in even more effort. The pressure comes from acting as the antagonist, I want to show even better acting skills. And when it comes to torturing the characters, I feel a lot of pressure. Tired to the point that I cannot sleep. And when it gets very intense, you just feel totally exhausted.

Q: How to relieve the burden that comes with playing the antagonist?

PKW: Now, there is no time. A lot of things are piling up, so there is no time to relieve the stress. To be honest, I don’t want to be like this. Our managers, the cast and people around us are all becoming sensitive. Me too. When this drama ends, although it will be good to continue to produce more works and not take a rest, this time it will be really necessary to take time to recharge and cast off this role. It is really mystifying that acting this role till now, all the while filming at such intense levels,  I become very emotionally involved with the character. It’s like on one hand I want to get rid of it and on the other, I actually fell in love with the role.

But I really hate the character of Shunji, acting this role is really hateful. It is very tiring, very hard to understand this character. It is like love and hate at the same time. I have to be responsible for this role and yet I want to be rid of Shunji as soon as possible.

In my 10 years’ in acting, this is the first time I am feeling this way. During this period, I also acted in some similar roles but never have I felt so strongly to be rid of a character and sort out myself. To hate a character this strong so much, it is my first time. I feel every person has two sides to their personality. But if it is like in this show where there exists such an individual with so many facets to his personality, I think he will be a criminal or a murderer in society. I don’t think such a person exists in real life, that will be a very special situation.

Now in my heart, there is 2 sides of personalities clashing continuously with each other. Towards this show, I feel that if you just use your common sense or knowledge to take on the role, it is impossible to do. I am rather torn. On the other hand, if I give my very best and yet the viewership is not good, that will be a big problem. Because this show requires me to improvise, I need to be responsible. How to bring the narrative of this character to the audience? In reality, I find it very hard to understand the character of Shunji.

Q: To play the role of the antagonist, “My Special Method” is..?

PKW: Acting as the antagonist is very tiring. I have played such roles before and there were all rather difficult. I have also discussed this with actors who specialized in such roles. In reality 99% of my roles are not the antagonist. But it is just that there are some roles that are. Acting as the antagonist, displaying anger and rage are all harder and more burdensome. These actors who play the antagonist all deserve respect. The special method is to refer to the situation and whole heartedly interpret the role. Bring the uniqueness of the character to the audience.

Q: Do you envy Joo Won’s kiss scenes?

PKW: Joo Won has a lot of kissing scenes. Actually I have also filmed many kiss scenes, there is nothing to envy. But……this is sounding funny. If I were to say I am envious, it will be more interesting, right? But I don’t think that way. In reality, all those kiss scenes I have done, I don’t have much impression. Yes, I have filmed before. You have to do with a lot of feelings of love. I am the type who is brief(really don’t understand the meanng). Many a times, the female lead has to be pretty. You must also pay attention to the focal distance and the angle. So in order to meet all these requirements, there are kiss scenes which can be frustrating. Hence, in the end, it became that I have little impression of these kiss scenes.

Dear viewers, now there are many people who love Bridal Mask. The feeling is that many people involved in this drama are very busy. All the production crew, the entire cast are putting their best effort in filming. Please give your support in this short remaining days of the drama

@mrdimples, hihi hehe that's why I back to spam/post here kekekekek. My boss is gonna kill me. Good looking genes runs in Park Ki Woong's family. I'm so curious about his younger brother, who looks like a good looking kid too. Now I'm also curious about his mother. There is sadly very little information on him. I also want to see Wonnie's mummy kekeke. 
@sunshine4ever, wow how did you you I really went through all the pages kekeke. I don't think us not talking would get the rest (you lurkers, you!) to come out to post kekeke. It would be fun if everyone shared their views because part of why this drama is so awesome is because we talk things out and everyone has a fresh perspective. 
@coolreborn, thank you for your warm welcome hehe
Waiting for the preview any moment....
In other news, I think Kangto's body double posted on his twitter that they've been filming overnight and he's very sleepy but it's the last battle and Hapcheon is still very hot at the moment. This just make me go :-SS :-SS :-SS

@mojobobo : Looks like its not only you who will be killed by your boss. If my boss will see me, my boss will kill me too. lol. I just defend and tell boss, it's Joo won's fault. "Don't take away my internet boss!!! NOOO!!! Not my fault, it's Joo Won's fault! Wah!!!"

@coolreborn, if your boss is a guy, he won't give two hoots about Joo Won. you have better chances if your boss is a lady lollll

Found this on baidu. Can't read the name clearly to credit the maker of this gif. 
OH....Lee Kangto.....Stop Killing Me! Ehhhh....................Don't Stop! Don't Say GoodBye! 
575f389759ee3d6df253d84b43166d224e4ade7f
@coolreborn. If your boss is a lady, show this to her

@mrdimples @coolreborn @sunshine4ever @rhaps aft i hav catched up on the last 4 eps later tis weekend, i shall admit myself into OBession ward on Softy's blog and oso take many many dosages of OB lovey dovey scenes & 1N2D to soothe the pains of seeing our dearie being tortured in BM X_X :((

@mojobobo : Looks like its not only you who will be killed by your boss. If my boss will see me' date=' my boss will kill me too. lol. I just defend and tell boss, it's Joo won's fault. "Don't take away my internet boss!!! NOOO!!! Not my fault, it's Joo Won's fault! Wah!!!"[/quote']

@coolreborn @mojobobo hee i hav been trying to hard sell BM to my boss :D hoping she will get hooked soon :P

@ctfrsgp,@coolreborn,@mojobobo,@sunshine4ever,@mrdimples, I almost reading all of your posts :P. Thx for making me smile in the mid of chaos at work! My boss is a guy, but eventhough it was a woman, he would like Lee Min Ho instead of Joo Won. It seems that some female managers I know are a fan of LMH *off course, they wont admit it in public..hahaha*.

About the ending, arrgghh..we almost get to the ending of BM! Just when I almost succeed luring my sister to watch it! Thx to someone who posted the gaksital-Shunji in a dork manner a few days ago *I forgot,sorry*. That pose was very funny and I felt sad already :(( :(( :((..

Damn..so many things to say, so little time..

@mojobobo @mrdimples @ctfrsgp @rhaps : The problem is.... I both have a male and female bosses... I can deal with the guy coz we are anime-buddies, lol. But the she-boss, is more complicated, hahaha, she doesn't like Kdramas and I don't think I can sell Joo Won's sexiness to her. The best part for me is, my working place is strategically located so I can see both of them before they see my monitor screen. LOL.

@mojobobo @mrdimples @ctfrsgp @rhaps : The problem is.... I both have a male and female bosses... I can deal with the guy coz we are anime-buddies' date=' lol. But the she-boss, is more complicated, hahaha, she doesn't like Kdramas and I don't think I can sell Joo Won's sexiness to her. The best part for me is, my working place is strategically located so I can see both of them before they see my monitor screen. LOL.[/quote']

@coolreborn @mojobobo @mrdimples @rhaps u gals r so lucky. I can only catch up on JW's show during my 45 mins lunch at work these days since i still hav not resolve my internet prob at home unless i use my mphone like now. No way i can do it during work hrs bcoz there r "spies" sitting all around me & i'm always busy trying to clear my work jus so tat i can knock off on time.