[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

TRIXICOPPER, Our hope of happy ending is on the writer. He can make the impossible to be possible. 1.Look at the caliber gum that Shunji is using, its the Magnum use in 20th century. Its not the pistol that were being used during the Japanese time.  
2. Also the dress and shoes of the women including Rei and Mokdan. They sometimes dressed in mini skirt or above the knee dress  and also fitted jeans. There is no such mini skirt or dress above the knee during the japanese period.
3. The rescue scene by the Comrades is already impossible to do since japanese #1 enemy was caught but since this is a Kdrama Lee Kangto was saved.
Anyway, I hope what you mentioned from from #1 to 5 will come true espcially the Kishokai to be destroyed as this is the main culprit in Bridal Mask.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mrdimples said:

This is the first time that I am not in a hurry for Wednesday to come. Anyone feeling the same way?

mrdimples, I'm feeling that way too, however I'm not Korean. so I'll be reading your post first while waiting for the eng sub.

Me too. I have yet to watch ep 25 & 26. Going to wait for the finale, then catch up all 4 last ep in one go. In the mean time, i jus try to occupy myself with other things :P

I hope it ends with a big bang but I don't mean the suicidal kind of bang. I felt depressed about Damsari's exit. If they didn't lighten up the mood with the cuteness of Village Hothead and Seon Hwa, I think it would have been way too sad to continue watching. As we approach the end, I can't help but feel sadness. I guess that's the reality of war. I think no matter how they end it, it would still be sad all round with loved ones dying. I don't know how they can end it positively but I certainly hope that the drama would leave us feeling triumphant and victorious and not in mourning.

Guest sunshine4ever

mrdimples and snguyenova, I just want to say thanks so much for writing about Mok Dan and Kang To's childhood love. It helps me see deeper into the story rather than just friendship between MD & KT.  I can visualize their love when they were little now since they did go through so much hardship as kids/teens together. He was a teen and I think she was a kid cuz it said that she was 10 when she met him. I finally understand why Mok Dan is soooooooo loyal to Young Master. He was the one that took her in and played with her since she lost her mom and was away from dad. I would never forget a person like Young if I were her, too. I think it was him that inspired her to live on until she finally met him. It makes so much sense why she was so unconditionally forgiven when she found out that Young was both BM & KT. Now I have no reason to doubt and wonder why she was  not like one of us. If I were her I would question KT because I don't have that kind of background with him, but I think she understood well who he was already, so.
mrdimples said: This is the first time that I am not in a hurry for Wednesday to come. Anyone feeling the same way?

".......for a brief moment, he hung there from the chains. But he pulled up, standing straight on his feet and readies himself for the next blow. "
kt5.gif

As the whip came down on him with full force, he sucked in his breath. It was a technique he learnt after all these years of pain being inflicted on his body.

Pounding on his bare feet running the streets and alleys of Joseon, his feet were covered in blisters which painfully broke and healed just to repeat the process over and over again. Until the calluses formed and the skin became a hide. Even then, it was offered little protection in summer when the pavements burnt his soles and the cold of the winter bit his feet.

Blow after blow came down on his scrawny back as he curled into a ball. These beatings have become almost a daily part of his life as he often ran into the opposing gangs controlling the network of rickshaw pullers. The police were no different and just as cruel. All demanded money. The pittance he made had disappeared into the pockets of such. What little he had left could hardly bring food back. He lost track of the times he filled his stomach with water so that the pain would not gnaw his insides. His body was covered in black and blue but he was careful not to let his uhmma and his hyung see it. They never knew but it was going to be all worth it one day.

As the lashes rained down mercilessly and his body swayed from each blow, his breathing quicken sharply. At first, the heavy whip cut through his clothing, grazing his skin, leaving a deep weepy welt. As the blows continue, the rope cut deeper into his skin and blood oozed. His entire body felt like it was on fire, stinging hot fire as the lashes fell on opened skin. Perspiration dripped down his face; he looked like a mad man with his veins straining and his eyes bulging out of their sockets. But his mind was not on the tormentor standing there. No. His thoughts drifted to the pain he inflicted on his loved ones, his uhmma, she was so utterly disappointed in him. Is she watching from the heavens now? Why didn’t god give him a chance to tell her how much he loved her, how much he wanted to give her back what she lost? How much he wanted to be the son whom she could be proud of? And his hyung. How much agony and pain he must have gone through pretending to be the idiot? Receiving blows from his own brother and on behalf of his brother. How terrible the burden he carried? How tragic that he had to die by the hand of the one he loved most? And Shunji, his friend. His only friend, his confidante. In a way, he was like a brother, taking the place of his hyung who could no longer understand him. How did the sweet Shunji turn into this monster standing right in front of him? What has he done to drag Shunji into this hell? How can he stop him now? Many nights, he had a dream. It was the same, he shot Gaksital. But as he pulled off the mask, it was not his hyung Kangsan, it was Shunji lying there motionless. Then like magic the evil face transformed back to the innocent and kind Shunji he once knew. And he would wake up drenched in sweat with a scream in his throat

One particularly hard one knocked him off his feet and for a brief moment, he hung there from the chains. But he pulled up, standing straight on his feet and readies himself for the next blow.  

He looked at the box as they hauled him towards it. The blood stained nails and the blood soaked floor of the cage beckoned menacingly to him. 100 nails. How many patriots have suffered and died in this inhumane contraption? He has never thought that one day; he would be one of them. As they pushed his body into the cage, the nails pierced his skin and scratched deep into flesh. As the cage rocked like a cradle, a million stars exploded in his eyes, a million blades sunk deeper than he could ever imagine his clothes sticky and wet with his blood as they clung to his open flesh. He started to hyperventilate and shook uncontrollably. He groaned as the rocking stopped. A promise to stop all this if he reveals the information they want. Do they not understand him? Do they not know Lee Kangto?  Pain is his acquaintance and Death has no hold on him. As one kick sent the cage rocking forth and back violently, bloodcurdling screams rang from his innermost being. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this as I realised how much pain Kangto has gone through all these years, not just physical but mental as well. He has suffered enough and I hope the writer will let him and his love Boon Yi ride into the sunset. I no longer care about cliche' or realism, I just want Kangto to be happy, Mok Dan to be happy, both to be happy. 

Guest sunshine4ever

@Jessi15, I seriously hope that you will watch Five Fingers with me. I just love how you analyze MD and SY's acting. I seriously let certain things go by as SY was new into this, but I agree with you that her character seemed like it's no depth because we didn't try to track back into the reason why there is no depth. Without your analysis and snguyenova's analysis, it would be difficult to understand SY's acting, but now I am more understanding.

Thanks to you guys I have a beautiful love story between Kangto and Mokdan to revisit and to relove again. Not that I don't already love them. :)
ctfrsgp said:

raewonkim

wrote:

»

mrdimples said:<br />

This is the first time that I am not in a hurry for Wednesday to come. Anyone feeling the same way?<br />

<br />

<br />

mrdimples, I'm feeling that way too, however I'm not Korean. so I'll be reading your post first while waiting for the eng sub.

I was pretty much amazed on how the fighting scenes are played in Gaksital. They even consider what weapons Gaksital will use in a certain situation.

Yes @mrdimples, I was laughing when you pointed out the small nail file like knife that Gaksital used but, when I analyzed the fight, I was, wow, that is the best weapon he can use in that situation. I'm a sncker for fight scenes and I was thinking, the small knife is pretty effective in a confined space. Poor jap bodyguards, they don't stand any chance with their swords, are they so stupid as to think that they can swing it and not struck the walls or partitions? My hubby even commented on it *was sneakily watching from my back*. He even said that they should have just killed Shunji and Koiso when they rescued Kangto, hahaha, pretty mean.

29vkmq1.jpg

Guest sunshine4ever

If Mok Dan saw Kang To all tattered like this
001-1.jpg

She would look like this (screen capture might be too small to see her tears)
002-1.jpg

Because Dong Jin people lent him clothes, so he looked like this and he was in so much pain here (showing without her)
003-1.jpg

And then when she came, he gave her this killer smile (with pain in it) because he was so happy to see her.
004-2.jpg

Instead of breaking down and cry, they preferred to sit and smile at each other knowing each other's pain
005-1.jpg
006-1.jpg
008-1.jpg

And then even though that KT's physical and heart pain were obvious because they (his physical and heart pain) were transparent to her, but she didn't mind
007-1.jpg
009-1.jpg

And she didn't mind holding him and letting him hug her because he was afraid of being himself inside (crying and stuffs because he wanted to look strong for her because it is already too difficult for her if he were to complain about him aching/paining physically or spiritually)
010-1.jpg

This scene was just so awesomely done. I love their hugs, hand gestures, and looks at each other.

note: at the beginning she came in she said if he was okay and he said he was fine, well, she had been tortured before so she knew how he felt. it's so understandable for her to have felt his pain..it's not easy for her to act like she didn't feel it or acted like nothing happened here...she's so strong. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to hold my pain for him. I'd cry when I see him in this condition.

This scene is great because it showed that both Mok Dan and Kang To are trying to be strong for each other although they both may be really bleeding inside. Stay strong, KT & MD!

Guest sunshine4ever

mrdimples said: Thank you so much for the pics. Just curious, why do you say I am a brave soul to embrace Kangto, I mean I thought most people did? Or maybe you are talking about his character in the earlier episodes? 
I always read your pieces whenever I can, and I love your pics. I wish I was better with pictures. I find Pixlr rather tedious in editing. 
Anyway, looking at the picture of the tortured Kangto, I feel like posting my piece on this man. I already wrote it out but it's a painful one to read. So I am still holding back. But I don't think I can anymore. I just want to voice my sentiments, for show to let this poor tortured soul have happiness. Not in the after life but now. 

sunshine4ever said: mrdimples said: Thank you so much for the pics. Just curious, why do you say I am a brave soul to embrace Kangto, I mean I thought most people did? Or maybe you are talking about his character in the earlier episodes? 
I always read your pieces whenever I can, and I love your pics. I wish I was better with pictures. I find Pixlr rather tedious in editing. 
Anyway, looking at the picture of the tortured Kangto, I feel like posting my piece on this man. I already wrote it out but it's a painful one to read. So I am still holding back. But I don't think I can anymore. I just want to voice my sentiments, for show to let this poor tortured soul have happiness. Not in the after life but now. 

HI FRIENDS I'M BACK!!!!! Have I been missed...
I just trawled through all the 20+ pages that I've missed and I'm so sad I wasn't here to participate in the discussion immediately after the episode. 
@mrdimples, thank you for the translations. I feel so bad for our actors. Especially Ki Woong because he seems so so tired and sick of his character. I think Ki Woong's real personality is more like Shunji when he was the teacher so now that Shunji has come to this stage, it's really taxing on the actor. I really hope he gets a good good rest after this. He strikes me as the gentle, whimsical guy (like his character in Full House 2). CAse in point --> see him playing with his dog lol!! He even made his dog do his CF dance WTF. I burst out laughing. --> http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNDQ1MjU4NjY0/v.swf (Off topic but Ki Woong's dad is very good looking too kekeke)
And guys...my wish for 300 pages when I came back has not been met! Come on guys! Post away!!! 2 more episodes left! I saw some very awesome analysis so keep them coming!!!
Honestly, I think the male actors are totally owning this drama. Bromance ftw! I really like that their bromance continues off screen kekekek
It seems like today is the last day of shooting, at least for Goiso. He just tweeted that it's the last day of filming and I think he misses the office because he tweeted the folllowing piccies
large_tmp_image_file__1.jpg?1346603521large_tmp_image_file__2.jpg?1346603556

Guest kaeruchan

I think all the actors playing the Imperial Police Officers had their last shooting at the police station set, because the handsome Kagawa also tweeted this picture :D

A1zkKwCCIAE4975.jpg

although he's bad in the drama...but I think he's really cute. hehehe

Archived