[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

am i the only one who really hopes that Shunji pulls himself out of this?

i feel that he's just very VERY lost

(although at times i did feel like omg what are you doing! i want to kick you in the...ahem!)

he has the reason of witnessing gaksital murder his brother in front of him

the real scary thought for me is what is going to the final factor that is going to bend him far enough to snap him back to his old self?

and would it be too late for redemption?

i love shunji and i loved that he was so pure at heart in the beginning of the series!

this is what happens when corruption takes over!!! RAGE![color=#ff0000][size=1]

[/size][/color]

Yesterday when I read all the comments lamenting about how quickly the kiss between Mok Dan & Kangto came about, I cannot help but compare to the latest movie I watched-Batman. 
Brought up on a staple of Hollywood movies, a man and a woman jumping into bed before you can reach out for the next fistful of popcorns is a given. I always thought asian movies were lame, why make much ado about a holding hands and a peck on the cheek? Well, Kdrama changed all that. The brushing of hands, the shy meeting of lips all make the pursuit of love more endearing, more romantic, more genuine. And leaves you panting for more. However, the tease can be too drawn out sometimes and we go like "WT#$%^! That's it!" or to have them kiss at the 15th episode of a 16th episode drama. Someone just pointed out that in City Hunter, the couple had only 1 kiss. I watched the show but didnt count. I sure hope it doesn't happen in Bridal Mask. 
This kiss in the preview is definitely initiated by Kangto. For all the negative comments hurled at Mok Dan, we ought to give her a break. I dont think she will turn her face away. But accepting his kiss now doesn't mean she has fallen head over heels in love with him. She is just starting to see him in a entirely different light. She cannot comprehend all the things that are being revealed now nor the discrepancies as the facts presents itself. All she knows is that this man gave his life for hers. She is just opening that door to her heart. A sliver, no doubt, but at least it's not banged shut. 
As for Kangto not tending to his wounds first and going for the kiss, I think we also ought to give him a break. Remember, he has dreaded revealing himself as Young Master to Mok Dan because he could not bear the rejection. Then when he couldn't hide it anymore as it would mean endangering Damsari, he finally broke it to Mok Dan and her reaction was so damning, exactly what he feared. So Gaksital is the final facade he can hide behind where she will not spurn him. I am not sure what Mok Dan will say to Kangto when he steps off the horse. But even if she doesnt speak a word, I think he realises that without the mask, she is now looking at him without disgust, anger, or disappointment. He must have felt totally relieved and coudn't control his emotions any longer. That kiss probably last 2 secs, 3 max. Time a plenty to attend to the flesh wounds. Heal the Heart First

Guest ricecak3

I just hope once Shunji and Rie discover KT is Gaksital they would turn to the good side. With the Kishokai coming to Joseon as stated in the previous episodes, this would undoubtedly be an unfair battle.
Basically it's

GaksitalDamsari's group
v.
ShunjiRieKatsuyamaPres. UenoUeno's bodyguardKishokai membersand loads of Japanese officers

Guest faisalmuharom

@faisalmuharom Do you know if there would be a way to get a lookbook of this collection, or an ad magazine to get those pictures?

Guest nancylee15

Awwww, really sad to see Shinji's downfall. At this point, he's passed the point of redemption and the only way to be redeemed is probably to sacrifice himself for the better good.  I really had hoped that he would find a way to not succumb to the evil forces that's turning him into a monster, but once he slapped Mok Dan, it was over.  Even when he punished Damsari, I was hoping that he would at least think on behalf of MD and spare him but that slap sealed the deal for his fate.
But, I don't think I'm the only one when I say, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KISS SCENE, although I don't know if it'll happen given that he is so weak.  But, at least we have a hug for starters :)

Guest sunshine4ever

faisalmuharom said: @sunshine4everthey were photoshooting for brand : EDWIN Fashion's FAll Collections 2012and Edwin is the brand clothing sponsor for drama "Gaksital"..so it's win - win solutionsthey promoted gaksital through the Edwin collection..and the other around way..^____________^

Guest xopo17

and last but not least :

GUESS WHO ??? is it uri Kang To a.k.a JW or not ?????

201207310905778414_1.jpg

credit : jumping@osen.co.kr

wkwkwkkwkwk, :)) :)) JW is so funny and cute with that brown hat and sunglassess :P
i almost got tricked by that photo, :x

Guest flyting2

Hey guys! I just watched a fan-made M/V!!It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy Bridal Mask with 'Love the way you lie'
▼ You can watch this video clip http://goo.gl/xSzXW

30 hours to go. 
I know I have been defending the kiss, justifying why it is not too early. And oooops, suddenly, I remembered that Kangto is one hot-blooded young man and Mok Dan equally fiery and passionate young lady. If these 2 come together, they will have enough fire power to blast the entire Imperial force.In dangerous times like the one they lived in, people tend to throw caution into the air and live dangerously. Maybe they should restrain themselves a little huh? What if.......this..............kiss2.pngled to this 91682e4e251f95caa5908623c9177f3e6609529band this Joowonkfc.jpgthen thisMokdanH1.pngBBJoowonbun.jpg
now, where are all my marbles? i need just a few to last 29H50min

@mrdimples is that a bun in the oven reference? Hahaha. :D Loving your thoughts. Loved the earlier post you made too.
I really feel that seeing the whole episode in context will set people's minds at ease. And as premature as this kiss or almost kiss might seem, I also see it as a moment where Kang To just gives in to his desire to kiss Mok Dan. It might not be a huge declaration of love. Not yet. They need to talk things over and there's plenty they need to work through. This kiss might just happen. As you said, hot blooded male, fiery female. Its not unusual for a kiss to prelude the actual talk or conveying of feelings. Its not always the declaration that comes first. Sometimes the spontaneous kiss is what gets people talking.
I don't think its unheard of to be confused and to still be a bit taken when someone kisses you or does something that shows either affection or passion. I'm saying it from personal experience. I had mixed feelings about someone and I remember when he kissed my cheek I was even more confused and also more than a bit fluttery about it. It happens.
BTW that spoiler pic you posted looks like something major is about to happen no? There are soldiers on the ground and are they indicating that Circus owner Jo is dead there? We saw him put on a white costume and its possible he might pretend to be a decoy of sorts? Whether it is of his own accord or whether Shunji has another twisted plan to make the regime and himself look good I don't know. Whatever it is, it seems we have casualties on the way... :(
EDIT: Ah @mrdimples I see you've already posted a lovely response regarding the spoiler pic. Thank you. :D

Guest sunshine4ever

@mrdimples this gif is so awesome..all the flowers move, except MD & KT...they stood still...so cute..i love it...can't wait to see it.
91682e4e251f95caa5908623c9177f3e6609529b

I just finished rewatching episode 17. Thank God for this opportunity. Episode 17 was quite fast-paced actually. I just watched it in a flash and wondered if there's anymore to it. Please note that I did not read all of everyone's comments so whatever written here may reflect what you wrote. If it is, please pardon for some similar written review.

I just want to come back to BM's weapon/flute. I don't think that Kang To will have a fight sword to sword with Shunji if he will remain as BM because it doesn't make sense to use sword against Shunji. Shunji taught Kang To how to fight using with sword. Thus, it would be logical for BM to use his brother's flute. Again I see certain theme in this drama. I'm not sure if it has to do with the real/original comic. BM never seemed to pick up the sword whenever there is one available. He used only the flute. I'm not too sure of why, but I see a pattern. I guess we'll not see KT with a sword then. And the flute pretty much just knock people out. Only the needle kill them? I don't remember how BM kill the President Jo guy. I think it was with the needle, but I don't know why BM didn't use them when he was having problems fighting both Rie & Jun.

I just have some thoughts for episode 17:

1. I like Chief Konno...even though he's a Japanese, he seems to obey the law and doesn't kill people just for the sake of killing. He observes laws.

2. Shunji also has double identities just like KT is. Seriously. What's up with all the protection talk that he was telling MD? If he seriously cares about her, he would have thought about her well-being rather than trying to torture her for what he wants out of her. I'm glad that episode 17 told us a little bit about why MD hated the Japanese police force so much. It was because they had been torturing her mom and that remained with her. No wonder she rejected both KT & SJ for that very reason (e.g. imperial police).

3. Mok Dan is just being spoiled again for spitting on SJ. She's lucky she got a slap. If it was another Japanese imperial police, they'd probably be torturing her instead of just giving her a slap for her straight-forwardness. lol. MD really got on SJ's nerve when she said he was just playing around with her. We never know. Maybe SJ really meant it when he said that he wore on the imperial police uniform because of her. Originally, he wore it on to save her, but just look what happened to him after he wore that uniform on? He's forgotten who he is and he turns into a monster.

4.  I'm glad room 501 did not get trailed off from episode 16, but is being carried on as expected :D.

5. I have to agree with rhaps about KT's car keep reappearing again and again at MD's emergency scenes. KT seems to never fail to come to MD's rescue especially with a car and then wearing his BM's uniform. Haha. This drama is so random, but I would accept this since this is an adaption from the comic series. In comics, weird stuffs happen and we just accept them as is.

6. Rie is wicked and is playing with fire when she really thinks that she can do something about for SJ when she decided to kill MD. Glad that MD didn't die otherwise SJ would have gone crazy and kill Rie for real. I really like SJ's dad. Don't know why, but he's a good actor. :D He shows emotions quite right. He looks super serious when Rie was about to kill MD in front of him. Poor dad. He probably feels his son's pain.

7. I love all MD & KT's scenes in this episode especially the scene he was telling her he was Young. Everything seems so appropriate. Their crying and her reaction to him being the imperial police was great. (Again, she has not transitioned herself from the perfect Young that she met when she was little to the totally imperfect Young now. All of a sudden the person she had been waiting for become a bad police man who chase after his own people.) I think although it didn't say much about how she reacted afterward, but he was crying at that scene, so she should have believed him already. Why would a guy come and tell you a story and cry about it? LOL. Even if he tries to get information, he wouldn't be that good to tear down when necessary. Haha. I'm glad she found out that he's BM all together in one episode.

I think the scriptwriter just wants it to tone down since having her accepting KT alone would be a difficult process and maybe they need to speed this up.  It seems to me that this series will just remain fast-paced.

This hug below between Bridal Mask and DSR's comrade cracked me up so bad. It was so awkward with them not saying much especially BM.

hupzk1.jpg

mojobobo said:

Guys, you have all been mistaken. Gaksital's horse is not a horse. It's a magic flying unicorn where Gaksital also packs his clothes! That's why he always manages to change so fast the the unicorn always knows when to appear and where to go! That's also why the "horse" has a mask, it has to hide the horn! Ta-dah! Mystery solved  :)>- :))

Archived