[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

@marie67

For me, just like flipz said. The guy was stabbed twice, have lost a lot of blood, and even fainted on his horse. If the kiss happens later, say in that place *hospital garden?* when MD said 'I will never leave u alone' then it's ok. But the preview shows that it happens when KT is still wearing gaksital clothes, in the forest. How could someone even think of kissing when he is in that condition? *while standing on his own feet?* He doesnt even have much strength left.

Anyway, I'm still curious on how the movie is going to deliver this. Perhaps it wont't be as simple as we thought it will

;)

. So, epi 18, pls come quickly!

;)

@mrdimples & @lyra_brillantez

Thanks for those very shippy and cute pics of JW x JSY. Just for the info, these are for EDWIN Fashion's Fall 2012 collection, the famous brand name which some of their models/spokepersons are/were Brad Pitt, miss A, 2PM, Kim Bum, etc.

Now just for fun, I kinda blushed at the scene where Jun carried MD on his shoulder at 17th eps (madness, I know! :) )  It was just so.... manly and sexy hahaha. Now:

1. KT/BM managed to carried her (on his arms), holding hands, hugs and kissed her forehead (and real kiss the next time?)
2. Shunji managed to feed her, hold her hands, and back-hugged her.
3. Jun managed to carried her on his shoulder.

Despite her hardships and sufferings, can't deny what a lucky girl MD still is hahaha...

Anyone interested on shipping these two?  :-j

adhkNdVF.jpg

Oh btw, some caps from those market BTS after MD threw rock at KT on 1st eps. I love it, it's cute, nice to know they've already got along well since the beginning of filming:

advaBM0d.jpg:

ade5POAUade5POAUade5POAU

admX2Ell.jpg
Oh%20btw,%20the%20caps%20from%20those%20

accU3h5B.jpg

abhHypG2.jpg

adsQB7iE.jpg

Cr: Gaksital DCInside

I have full faith in the production team of this drama so I trust the episode will make a lot of senseYes, it is rushed but remember MD HAS been in love with Gaksital / young master for a freaking LONG time so its not like she doesn't have any feelings for him at the time of their kissAlso, she did not have a change of heart in nanoseconds!! 1/ She has already found out KT is her Young Master awhile ago, plus Gaksital showed up risking his life to rescue her so how could she refuse him?? I think at this point shes already forgiven him for his past deedsIt seems like KT will be leaving on the mission to rescue her dad and wants to kiss her goodbye. that's totally understandable because this time he knows he might not come back.
However, it seems that although KT is leaning in, MD is not leaning forward...idk if its just JSY's acting but she looks rather stiff and uncomfortable. it also looks like its going to be a short and light kiss bc KT doesnt have his arms around her all the way...AND he seems to be in a daze (idk) like he can't believe what he is seeing before his eyesI'm for the kiss all the way...but trying to not have too high expectations

All these pics of Joo Won walking around in the inner shirt and Gaksital pants has me wishing he'd do this more often on the show, lol. ;) That and I think I need to swap my Yoochun icon for a Joo Won or Gaksital one. :D;) But kidding aside though, I'm thoroughly excited for this week's episode. I think its going to be amazing.
I'm of the view that we probably cannot gauge a lot of the scenes and dialogue until we see it all play out. This show has consistently been very cryptic with its teasers; often playing voice overs that "appear to match" the scene playing out in front of us but which in fact might be from another scene or might have a very different context in the actual episode.
@stoffkimba *hugs* So glad to see you back hon! :D I had the biggest smile on my face when I got your message. I'll reply you properly in a little while. :)
Yes, as much as we wanted her to start liking Kang To earlier (or at least noticing the changes) I think its as much a part of her character to be stubborn about things until she has a reality check. The mask coming off in last week's episode was her reality check and now she's able to see Kang To as more than just the man who hurt her and who claimed to be her young master. I think her outburst in ep 17 was denial. Not disbelief. She didn't want to accept it. It was her thinking "no no, how can it be you?" as opposed to "no way is it you". Now that the mask is off everything is different.
Sure there will be conflict and it will probably be awkward for both of them at first and maybe throughout this episode and the next. But I think she's now got these feelings that are all over the place. In the midst of all that she sees this man who not only saved her life but is in fact young master and Lee Kang To, all-in-one. Its at a time like this that I am so grateful that Mok Dan is such a dreamer. Its that side of her that makes it possible for her to start accepting him and loving him.
@marie67 He's probably thinking: "no time like the present to kiss her." I'm sure. In a life or death situation or in a moment when everything is going crazy I might just be the same if I was around someone I was crazy about and hadn't confessed my feelings to. I agree with you. :D And this show has been amazing so far with its writing. Sure we have character flaws but that makes it realistic.
@briseis perhaps her switching to formal speech is because of the confusion right now. As you so rightly said she spoke to him formally when she met him as Gaksital. And we know she was informal or rude when she spoke to Kang To so now after finding out who he is the awkwardness has set in and she's trying to figure out what to say. Since Gaksital was the larger the life side that she liked and now her feelings for Kang To are starting to change perhaps she's being respectful because of that? For all you know Kang To might tell her to speak informally. Plus I bet he will wind up speaking to her in terms of endearment and then she will reciprocate. And at that point I'll be a puddle of goo on the floor. ;)Haha.
@mrdimples I totally get where you're coming from. @marie67 also highlighted this. Its that urgency and the "I don't know what will happen next or if I will see her again" feeling. Its all a huge rush what with the reveal and their feelings now just out there in the open. Its emotional. Him leaning forward to kiss her doesn't seem way off to me at all either. :D
EDIT: Also to everyone worried about whether they are expressing themselves well in the thread. I honestly cannot tell that English is not your first language, folks. You're all getting so involved here and I'm loving it. Just keep posting and joining the discussion. We have lots of new faces here. Welcome aboard! :D

part 2

Mok Dan’s hands tremble as she takes off the mask. No, it cannot be, No! She gasped as she stares at the face of Lee Kangto. Lee Kangto is Young Master? Gaksital is Young Master? Lee Kangto is Gaksital? Mok Dan shakes her head and she shivers uncontrollably as she tries to digest. She remembers Lee Kangto shooting at Gaksital, Lee Kangto fighting with Gaksital in the courtroom, Lee Kangto asking her who is Gaksital. Lee Kangto is Gaksital? She cannot understand, the world she knows crumbles around her. Lee Kangto who tried to kill her was the boy, her savior, her love to whom she gave her heart and waited all these years. Gaksital who saved her so many times, is Lee Kangto? The masked hero, fighter for Joseon is that traitor who tramples on his own people?

“Boon……” barely audible, a groan came from the barely conscious man. She stares at him and lowers her gaze to his hand. The knife, the one Young Master gave her. Hot tears welled up in her eyes again as she beholds the sight in front of her. Her heart feels as if it has been ripped apart. She looks at the man, the love of her life whom she waited all these years, the boy who pleaded with his father to take her in, the boy who shared his food with her, the boy who shielded her body as they tumbled down the snowy slopes, the boy who wrapped his body round her to give her warmth, the boy who gave his precious possession for her to keep, the boy who sacrifice his life for her, the boy became the man who risked his life to save her once more. He looked so innocent, so vulnerable, so sad, so lonely, is this the real Lee Kangto? Just as she peels off the numerous masks in her ‘face changing’ performance, the real Mok Dan is revealed in the final act. So underneath the Japanese uniform, behind the Gaksital mask, this is the real….. “Lee Kangto” Mok Dan says aloud, trying to convince herself. At this moment, Kangto stirs, he hears his name. Someone is calling him, reminds him of his mother. So soft, so gentle.  He opens his eyes and sees Mok Dan’s face, covered in tears. He struggles to get up, he must tell her to go to a safe place and hide so that they won’t find her. “Lee Kangto…...” Mok Dan says his name again. Kangto jolts up, what did she call him? Then he sees the mask in her hands and his hand shot up to his face. No….the mask! He must explain to her, he must. He climbs down the horse and his knees buckle as he touched the ground, sending a sharp pain up his thigh. He almost blacked out from the agony and drops into Mok Dan’s arms. He wills himself to stand straight, mustering every ounce of his strength and say: “I am sorry, Mok Dan, I really am. But there is no time. Run now, go. Leave this place. Don’t worry, I will save your father, I promise you. Just stay alive. Please” He places the knife in her hands, tears streaming down his face as he looks at her.

Mok Dan stands rooted to the ground, her heart aches so much that she could hardly breathe. She looks at this man, barely standing, his clothes shredded to ribbons, the white stained red, his lips trembling and those tear filled eyes, the same ones which she had found strange of late, now she understands why. There are many questions in her head, many things she cannot comprehend but she knows one thing – this man, this Lee Kangto, who has kept his promise to her, whose feelings never change, who is willing to put his life down for her again and again. This is Lee Kangto, who loves her.

She steps forward and embrace him. Kangto is startled and starts to pull away from her. “Mok Dan, I…..” Mok Dan pulls him back into her arms, “Sssh….Kangto, say no more” Kangto convulses into deep sobs as he hugs her back this time. Finally, they pull apart, eyes affixed on each other, as if they are seeing each other for the very first time, seeing each other in a new light. Then, he steps in and kisses her like he always has in his dreams this past 13 years.

Guest sunshine4ever

I'm afraid that the kissing scene will just happen then, but I just hope they have a long conversation or something before the kiss happens. Please don't make Kang To looks like he's thirsting and dying for the kiss.

BridalMaskpreview18_04-1.jpg
rhaps
I'm just afraid that the kiss happens right away...oh, I just hope they will have a long moment or something, but can we please bandage him up first? maybe he couldn't wait that long...maybe he'll die first before kissing her! lol Okay, I'm willing to accept this kissing scene given good speech and script. I actually like the scenes where KT was telling MD the truth. It was so natural the way he did it in episode 17 with her. Her crying scenes from episode 17 was so appropriate. Her rejection was also appropriate. If that was one of us, I doubt we would want to accept the fact that the man we have been waiting for was really a murderer/chaser of his own people. But her uncovering of BM really meant she was really listening to Kang To. She must have at least doubted herself for a second when she wanted to know who is BM.

BridalMaskpreview18_05.jpg

Nevertheless, I like the fact that we have a kiss when he is Kang To not BM. :D (she saw his face before kissing him, hehe, so it wouldn't have been an accident kissing the wrong person, hahahaha)

Guest flipz

I still think its well done, the kiss scene I mean. Because Kangto has just saved her from death and he himself has escaped death, so its only natural to express his emotions which he has kept to himself since he discovered she is Boonyi, and since then his emotions/feelings for her have grow much more to a point he now has to let out. He has a stab on his arm and on his leg, but not his heart so its understandable, also he fought with those stabs so he is not going to die. However he has a fever and he seems on the verge of fainting, but seeing Mokdan, the person he loves so much and is dear to him, and even her taking of his mask, and both of them still being alive, I think the moment for kissing couldnt be any better

;)

@flipz, Agree. Although it could depend on the scene. Maybe he feels a sudden urge to explain everything then and there, seeing as how she's in shock and all and he gets a huge rush of adrenaline that helps him move. I don't know, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's all showed as realistically as possible ;)But about those words "I'll never leave you alone" - I believe they'll be said at that hug scene in the garden. I think there he'll tell her everything and after hearing him out she'll say it. Hence the kiss tease - it's only a tease, I still have a strong belief it won't happen yet. Maybe, and it could be acceptable if it's just a short peck and he faints right after touching her lips. Her acceptance of the kiss could be explained that she's still in shock from finding out BM's true identity that she doesn't completely realize what's happening (because as we see in the promo she DOES close her eyes as KT leans in ;)) )
And as much as I squeeled about that lean-in I was more ecstatic when finding out she said she'd never leave him (KT) alone. I think that line, those words from her will mean the world to him. I think I'll cry when she'll say it and I'll see his reaction - the joy, the happiness, the relief, to see that he matters to her :x OMG, I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. 

hi guys..

Again..i woke up wondering if it's Wednesday yet..but naaaaah..>____<

anyway about the kiss scene and how did KT kissed (or might kiss) MD when  he have all these wounds on his body..well, we have seen so many people in this drama been beaten up..and tortured..and everything..but STILL they just came out and walk like nothing happened and every time they do this i was like WTF but who cares as long as they are fine..i'm okay with it..the same is in here with KT's situation..it's true that he is wounded..but standing in front of the girl he love without his mask would give him the power of a 1000 horse just to be able to talk to her and kiss her XDDD..the last time she saw his real face she kicked him out of the room because she hates him..now she is standing in front of him..and looking at him with those eyes..when he never thought that she will look at him in this way (well, even if she doesn't have a real feelings for him ..he is Gaksital for the god sake ..          G A K S I T A L ..well beside that he is her young master ..so now the KT who is standing in front of her have scored 2 points against the old KT..he is her young master +Gaksital..will she be able to push him away..nahhh i don't think so XDDDD)..

anyway..everyone of us have his/her point of view..i can understand when some of you guys saying they are rushing the kiss scene..but in my point of view..i want it to happen it's their chance to come clean of how the both of them felt for each other..even if it was a light kiss..because there will be a time when both of them going to kiss when their emotions are overflowing..and that's gonna be a real kiss ( i hope)..

anyway did anyone of you noticed how is MD holding KT's shirt..oh my gosh this is soooooooo cute..

590704573.jpg

OH MY GOSH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

if we're gonna have ONE kiss between our OTP in the entire drama, I want it to be GOOD and done in the american style (ok just kidding)however, in the last shot at the end of the preview, there is SOOO much space in between them, if Shunji was there, he'd probably try to squeeze in the middle and probably fit toooh lord they should move closer at least. I'm glad theres a kiss this episode but they seriously need to work on the body language arggggggggwheres sexy playboy KT when we need you???!!!

Guest sunshine4ever

No, please more than one kiss! City Hunter has only 1 kiss the entire drama. I want more kisses between Kangto and Mok Dan. :D Hopefully this is not the only kiss. And more scenes of him and her...he's going to make her softer...don't know either maybe he'll soften her stubbornness through the way he is. He's cute in episode 5, 10, and other episodes where he just popped in with his randomness caring for her as Kang To. :D Can we have at least 1 or half an hour of Kang to and Mok Dan please in episode 18.

Shajoona your explanation really made me laugh-out-loud. I agree with you about people in this drama. How they just got injured and then looked like they're totally fine the next day. lol. I'm sure our scriptwriter will make the scene appropriate. She didn't fail to do it in episode 17. I'm going to trust her script. :)

For me the scene would have been: she found out he was Bridal Mask and then she became speechless. They would find a place for him to rest and she took care of him. They went on for a long while not saying anything except looking at each other. And then she ask him "Why are you Bridal Mask? What happened to the other Bridal Mask?" And then he opens his heart about how his brother was and come clean with his story and everything. And then he can tell how he killed his brother accidentally without knowing it was his brother. How he had been transformed/changed because of this experience.  How he found out about her and so on.....I think that would have been okay and then MAYBE she'll accept him. But the kissing scene seemed like it happened right away when he was still wounded, so it's weird because a while back she was just yelling him and everything. To all of a sudden kiss him because he's Bridal Mask? That's more of the "I cannnot accept you as you are" totally sinful...I can accept you because you were my rescuer. That doesn't seem like she loves him at all, but rather his identity. Regardless, she's supposed to be in acceptance of his self now and/or whatever sins he had in the past.

-EDIT-
I just love how fast this thread is growing. Good job guys! :) Episode 17 probably was the episode that has the most posts. Although I'm not able to check and read most of comments.

Archived