[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

I'm with Lulu and sunshine

I have a feeling that the production has been pressured by the ratings and fans. They feel like they need to breakaway from Ghost and fans have been urging them to put more romance in the story. I just feel like this scene is being forced in. I mean come on, the guy has multiple stab wounds, collapsed on his horse, and looks like he's clinging onto dear life. They both should be more concerned of KT getting medical attention... but instead he's perfectly fine and she falls in love with the guy that she hates the most in a matter of no time?

A realistic emotion of this scenario would be confusion and bewilderment. But her having a change of heart that quickly just seems too artificial and forced even if their kiss scene was interrupted. Can she at least question who was that "other guy" behind the mask before he was?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the scriptwriter wanted to follow the desires of the public, the love story would have started sooner, not after the 15th episode, Kangto would be the classic hero, and the story would not have been so dark... But she has her story in mind, and follows that story. My two cents.

*excuse me for my imperfect english* =)

@amlogos_10, welcome to the thread dear but please do not quote images so that the thread will not be unnecessarily long :)
@valinor500 posted this earlier but not sure if anyone saw...it's the written preview for episode 18. Can someone translate it pretty please? My Korean is so bad ahha. I don't think it tells us anything new from what we already know though!
"호텔에 있어야 할 목단이 사라진 걸 알게 된 슌지는 
금화정에서 홍주에 의해 죽임을 당할 뻔 한 목단을 
각시탈이 구출해 달아난 사실을 알게 되고......
다음날 아침, 강토가 종로서에 나타나지 않자 강한 의구심에 사로잡히는데.....
한편, 담사리의 공개처형장에 반드시 각시탈이 나타나리라는 확신에 사로잡힌 
슌지는 마침내 담사리를 구출하러온 각시탈을 향해 총을 쏴버리는데......"

I dont understand why people seem kinda disappointed with the kiss scene. I think its properly done and it was sure about time. The guy has just saved her again from death, and Mokdan was curious to the person behind the mask, not with the mask! It makes a huge difference because that means she is ready to accept/face the man behind it. She no longer wants to see Gaksital as a mysterious man but a man instead. Also with that confession Kangto made and the promise he did to her, and him being her youn master, and him saving other people, him saving her dad its all overflowing and she accepts that above him torturing her, when he didnt know who she was. I am actually glad the writer put it this way because otherwise it would be so kdrama-like, where the female would reject him and the romance part would be stretched and wasted.

Mokdan was never gonna believe Kangto and even when she was about, creepy bstard Shunji manipulated her. So this is the only way. Besides, I think noone want to see the romance beginning in ep 26 or so. I think its fair enough to be ep 18 :).

Her last words: 'I will never let you go alone' are WONDERFUL. Often, when someone in a drama says 'never' , it happens 100% otherwise. But the way Mokdan said it, makes me believe she will never let him go alone anymore. She will stay with him during life and death. I think this way the writer convinces us that they will either stay alive together or die together, which is also what I want. I dont want one of them death and the other alive, it would be a repeat of their childhood.

@Shajoona haha yeah I hope I am now right about their ending too ;) I think its gonna be a happy ending for them with no definite closure of the war part. 

Hi, I have always been lurking in here for the latest scoop whenever there is an enrapturing drama I am obssesed with and Gaksital is one of them! Just wanted to say that I find it fascinating that people have been comparing this drama to City Hunter but I find that the heroes and heroines in this drama is more similar to The Princess' Man than City Hunter. Gaksital is not intended to be a romantic drama but yet the love story between KangTo and Mok Dan is compelling. I think that is why the directors decided to extend the show, to develop that part of the story a bit more. So I am fine with however which way they fall in love again. I've observed that Kang To has always been very steadfast in his love. He has never shown interest in any other girl, not even Rie. He bypass her before many times without even noticing her. I like my hero like this. Passionate and steadfast in their love. :)

Don't worry soompi friends, we have seen only some randonm scene from 18, it's a preview. Im sure that the scriptwriter has done a great job with this episode, always she has give us a wonderful story. And i don't think that the authors follow the wish of the netizen, they have a complete story in their minds, and follow that story. They have proved this many times in the past. =)

EDIT: Can someone translate this written preview, from official site?

호텔에 있어야 할 목단이 사라진 걸 알게 된 슌지는
금화정에서 홍주에 의해 죽임을 당할 뻔 한 목단을
각시탈이 구출해 달아난 사실을 알게 되고......
다음날 아침, 강토가 종로서에 나타나지 않자 강한 의구심에 사로잡히는데.....
한편, 담사리의 공개처형장에 반드시 각시탈이 나타나리라는 확신에 사로잡힌
슌지는 마침내 담사리를 구출하러온 각시탈을 향해 총을 쏴버리는데......

@eja many thanks! *hug*

Shuji wants to kill Gaksital at the execution of Damsari, but if Leader Jo appears in Gaksital disguise, when Kangto is himself... Jo wants to help Gaksital, to excuse his own betrayal, and this would be a good thing for Kangto, but i'm afraid for Leader Jo, and Kangto is wounded...

Two days... *___*

Guest xopo17

love on JW :x

201206191035350524.jpg
credit: as tagged on picture

201207241412310510_1.jpg
credit: nate

20120721_1342875072_65860000_1.jpg
credit : soso@tvreport.co.kr

finally hopes happy ending for this couple :
201207252316171710_1.jpg
credit : KBS

Hi

@marie67

For me, just like flipz said. The guy was stabbed twice, have lost a lot of blood, and even fainted on his horse. If the kiss happens later, say in that place *hospital garden?* when MD said 'I will never leave u alone' then it's ok. But the preview shows that it happens when KT is still wearing gaksital clothes, in the forest. How could someone even think of kissing when he is in that condition? *while standing on his own feet?* He doesnt even have much strength left.

Anyway, I'm still curious on how the movie is going to deliver this. Perhaps it wont't be as simple as we thought it will

;)

. So, epi 18, pls come quickly!

;)

I came to the computer earlier and all's been served just under my nose! This thread is so amazing, you all are so amazing, thank you everyone :-bd (I checked this thread almost every hour for the past week and at the end everything happens when I'm dead asleep =))

When I watched the preview for the first time I was thinking Shunji, Shunji, another Shunji, damn, where is KT and MD, KBS, you're b-( .....and then I was just ^:)^

I'm not sure if the kiss is going to actually happen but I so wish it would.  It's certainly not too soon for me because I'm not the type for long 50 episodes dramas where the first kiss happens like in the 30th episode. Anyway, agree with you, it looks perfect - very intimate and emotive :\">. I also hope they won't tone it down just because JSY is 19 years old it would be such a pity since she has an amazing chemistry with JW. 

I don't speak Korean and what I understand is based on a passive understanding of the language from watching so many k-dramas but did anyone else notice that in the sentence where MD promises to always stand by his side she changes to jondae :-/ I don't want that I've been so happy she's been speaking with Kang To in banmal. I don't want her to change that and be more respectful of him I mean they've been through so much together she's seen him at his best and his worst she knows his secrets they know each other so intimately. I don't want her calling him young master or Kang To-sshi :-S. In the past she spoke with him in jondae only when he was Gaksital and thinking him an angelic hero keeping him on a pedestal. I hope she will continue to speek with him in banmal or else X( this drama would deliver its first major disappointment for me :((  By the way here is girlfriday's awesome explanation of banmal use: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/07/glossary-banmal/

Guest stoffkimba

First post in 3 weeks - there was so much to catch up on! The thread has moved quite a bit (for which I am grateful for)! [@princess_narnia: I just wrote you a private novel, so there's the reply to your answers to my last post! :) ]

The PRIEVIEW! omi. I was happily slurping up a Soba soup while reading this past weeks' posts and then clicked on the preview vid. When KT moved in for a kiss, I dropped my chop-sticks and my mouth was agape with a long string of noodles hanging out. ^^; Oh, and when I saw that Colbert gif, my screen got drenched in broth. (I guess, I'm just as much of a Llama as MD.) ^^;;;;;;;; (all your gifs just rock!!! and @cravey: with that changed profile picture of yours, I now find you very attractive. That is now my mental picture of you. *mrwraoarrrrrrrrrrrr* :P) Soooooooo epic.

I trust the writer to know what she's doing. Also, it could be that MD first takes care of him a little bit and then they kiss when they say good-bye, no? Anyways, there are a lot of scenarios to make this work, so I'm really looking forward to Wednesday! :)

Just like before, I wanted MD to fall for KT sans mask sooooooo badly. But then again, as I wrote before, MD needed to have that moment of self-doubt, of her oversimplified world-view and hero-worship come crushing down around her - so she could grow as a character! And, now I realize that it was stupid to hope for that to happen without exactly this, her getting it in the face the way she did in ep17. Classic case of: "can't have your cake and eat it, too," I suppose.

I guess, now it's time for some baking, eh? :D (@the bun in the oven pun/comment *hehe* King of Baker KT!) And *yeaaaaah* sheath and sword. *uhu* My (pervy) thoughts exactly. I was reminded of my 14 year old self in Latin class goig completely "omg da f*** rotfl* (along with everybody else), because some Roman soldier wrote about his sheath. *shakes head* I feel ashamed of myself. How can I have these kinds of thought when MD and KT are so young and innocent (especially MD, she's 19! omg). *hits my wicked self*

@valinor500 and everybody else who pronounced themselves unsure of their English skillz: It's so comforting to hear that I'm not the only one, lol. ^^; We're pretty much all in the same boat, I guess. There's got to be like only 1-2 people (if any) in this thread to whom English is their first language. I'm always super self-conscious when writing (am I using the correct tense/mood/punctuation and omg spelling?!!!)... so you help me going a bit easier on myself. :) The most important thing is that we all understand each other and our feelings get communicated correctly. *yeah* for intercultural communication. o^_____^o

Waaaa!! The kiss!?This is serously a surprise for me XD I was jumping like a crazy girl watchong the preview XD
Shin Se Youn probably was standing on a chair to be as tall as Joo Won...they are the same height in the kiss scene XD XD

Hullo, my dearies ;)So I've just seen the preview and of course I almost started hyperventilating :D I'm just soo happy. BUT, I'm tellin' you - I don't believe that kiss will happen, I think MD will turn her head at the last minute or KT will faint or smtg. No way they would spoil a kiss that everyone's been waiting for sooooo long :) That hug scene, though, was almost too beautiful. I feel like crying. Finally KT won't be alone anymore. I just, I just can't...I'm so happy for our Kang To-yaaa tumblr_m7ym5yDLxf1qiyde3.gif
That being said, it's great that PKW also finally has a twitter, we can send our love to him directly now :D And I think https://twitter.com/ginoactor is the actor that plays Goiso ;)
CAN'T WAIT FOR WEDNESDAY!!!! \m/

Archived