Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

Made a new graphic!!!*oh jeez, i didn't realize it was so huge sorry!! remember if you want to put it on tumblr, reblog never repost!
@marie67 - Oh no, there are some haters on tumblr as well.. but let's just ignore them and think of awesome mokdan and kickass kangtooh another note... I don't get all the Mokdan Hate.... she has every right in her to hate the heck out of Kangto. If people can't see that then seriously... are we all watching the same drama? Did you not watch the first half where there was psychotic a kid name kangto who beat his own brother, snapped at his own people and like she mokdan said, put her in front of a firing squad after torturing her? aigooo people...I just can't....

I wonder how MK will react once KT tells her he killed his own brother. She would still think of him as a demon ahahh

Can anyone share what's the simplest way to make GIF? I dare not ask for best way cuz I am such a IT klutz. But I really want to make some for BM, so appreciate suggestions of GIF tools, thanks in advance

I think it's unfair to compare the action scenes in Gaksital to TDKR. First there is the issue of budget (including CGI), no contest. Next, with the limited time frame. Gaksital is producing 2 hours of viewing each week. TDKR spent a LOT more time filming, let alone in post production. I actually like how they have done the action sequences in Gaksital. I find them reminicent of the panels in a graphic novel. Since the source material is a comic, it seems fitting.
  One thing I would like to rant on just a bit...SJ. This is about the character NOT the actor.(I like PKW . Always have. He is doing a great job making me hate him!)  I have never been a big fan of the character. I didn't dislike him, I just wasn't very attached to him. Part of it being because I always knew he would go to the dark side. The other part because even if I am the only one, his little private museum always sort of weirded me out. What was THAT all about. Dude seriously boarded the train to Crazy Town. With a brief stop to stab a needle repeatedly into a dying mans heart. He then got back on the train for the journey to Monsterville where he seems to like the neighborhood. From making KT whip MD because he was to big a coward to do it himself. To rolling Master Jo around in that lovely crate of nails. Today was just the icing on the cake. Slapping MD because she doesn't lurve him? Really? I'm sure he's telling himself she MADE him hit her. The guy is a scuz bucket. And let's not forget he wants to teach the children. Who in their right mind would let this guy within 50 feet of their children. For me, the only way this guy even partially redeems himself in the end is to die. Saving either KT or MD. At this point I just want him to die! Preferably in the box of nails, tumbling down a long hill, on fire! 
  rant over. :) 

@marie67 please don't quote pics!
@mrdimples You can make gifs if you don't have the right program at a site called gifninja.com all you have to do is make screen caps of what you want to make into a gif and upload them onto the site. the downside is that you can't play around with the colors or add things to it.
here is an example of what I made via that website.

gaksital.gif
^as you can see it's no way perfect and the coloring is even off. but a gif is a gif i guess.

@ricecak3 - I would LOVE to know what happens after that but I'm wondering even more what would happen when shunji finds out that his brother was responsible for Kangto's mother death... DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

@DDuk sorry, sometimes when I quote posts containing pictures, the pictures arent quoted but just their names. I wanted to edit it but @endeavour already did so. Thanks by the way :)

Hmm, I think if Mokdan now accepts Kangto then it wont matter anymore that he killed his own bro, I mean he didnt do it on purpose did her? And at that time he was after Gaksital and Kangto told her already he knows now how wrong he has been living. With todays ending seeing how he saved her and got sever hurt and had the knife in his hand, Mokdan now will believe him. She will still be distant ofcourse but she will turn into a partner who will accept Kangto and love him deeply.

@cravey: Gaaaah, I still haven't watched the episode, so right now, I'm still on that boat you were on: the HMS Please-Don't-Let-MD-Find-Out-KT-Is-Gaksital-Just-Yet.   ;))  I'm just glad that it looks like the set-up to the reveal is very good and lots of people here are excited and satisfied by what happened.  Now I just hope the writers will give us a better set-up of the love story, because KT being both the Young Master and Gaksital will seriously mess up MD's emotions.  I really want a well-written justification if she really will fall in love with KT.   [-O<

@marie67 please don't quote pics!

Thank you for kindly reminding the members! =)

Why aren't quoting posts with images permitted?

Quoting pictures is not allowed on Soompi. Before when we had the older forum format the pictures would change into links so it wasn't a problem and pretty much became a forgotten rule. However, since we've upgraded the forum we have not fixed this problem yet.
I am being lenient on this rule because it's not anything big or severe enough to merit a warning but the picture quoting in this thread have gotten too much for me to handle lately (since I have to go back and manually edit each posts). So please do not quote pictures and/or videos. Be sure to delete the pictures/videos from the quote before making your post. If you see others quoting pictures/videos please kindly remind them to go back and edit their post(s). This is technically my third warning in this thread so please please please pleaseeeeeeeee don't have me make a fourth. :(

That's such a pity

:(

This drama deserves far higher ratings than it, actually, receives. And such a perfect episode. Just imagine, there is barely 2% difference between BM's ratings and those of the mess that Dr. Jin is - UNBELIEVABLE X

The ratings for Bridal Mask and Dr. Jin cannot be compared because one is a weekday drama and the other is a weekend drama. For weekday dramas if the ratings is at least 20% then it's considered a success but if a weekend drama receive 20% then it's typically considered a failure or at least not a very good thing. 

This post is starting to get long but I just wanted to thanked everyone for posting their thoughts, sharing pictures/videos/gifs, etc. I'm a little behind on this drama but I find myself coming back here every Wed/Thurs just to see what's happening. Also, if you guys haven't already read on Dramabeans apparently Joo Won received an offer to play lead in (what hopes to be) an upcoming drama titled Level 7 Civil Servant which is a drama version of Kim Ha Neul's and Kang Ji Hwan's movie, My Girlfriend Is an Agent. If he accepts the role it'll mean we'll get to see him pretty much again after Bridal Mask finish airing! Of course that also means that he won't be resting at all after Bridal mask. 

I love City Hunter because it was different from usual rom-coms, and family dramas. The mood was fantastic, the cinematography was good, love love the music scores & OST, LMH looked slick and Lee Joon Hyuk fantastic. Yes, there were certainly great moments like when Na Na shot Yoon Sung as he was about to absail down the building. 
But it didn't make me scream, shout expletives, shove my hand into my mouth, fist pump and bawl like Gaksital. 
Reasons being that Gaksital is set in a very much different era from City Hunter. We are talking not about corrupt politicians who 'suck' citizens' blood by cheating them of the taxpayers' money or funds. We are talking about foreign oppressors who literally bled the people to death in many instances and also make life unbearable by taking away their land, their money, their right to live as a human. 
With few lapses in the writing, the drama has so far delivered all the chops with quite a few episodes going down my memory bank as the Memorable Awesome Moments in kdramas. On this note, I dont understand why some complain that this show always ends with a cliffhanger. You can call it a 3 act (something like that) method or whatever, but for me, it works. I have never felt so much anticipation for a drama. Anyway, arent shows meant to entertain? To be honest, CH started out really good then some how lost steam in the middle. And as it drew to the end, even the scene where Yoon Sung and Jin Pyo lay there fatally wounded, I was surprised I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be(actually more upset when the Prosecutor died)
Finally, IMO what makes Gaksital the clear winner over City Hunter is the lead actors.(Sorry gals, you are all beautiful but I can imagine another actress taking your role. Some fault must be placed on character writing of the female roles). Joo Won and Park Ki Woong are the key factors in bringing this drama to such great heights. Joo Won for making us hate him(ok, not really but almost cuz how to really hate that face?) in the beginning, absolutely convincing as the dastardly Lee Kangto who seemingly sold his soul to his enemy in return for material gains and recognition. And that awarding winning performance in episode 6 where suddenly we wanted to hug Lee Kangto despite the rogue he was. And the very convincing change and development in his character and motivations as the show progress. Joo Won is such a generous actor, he really gives his all and never holds back. So we viewers are indeed fortunate to see such talent and heart in an actor. As for Park Ki Woong, earlier I had some reservations about the way he acted a changed Shunji but now I am quite sure its because the writing of his character was not as well thought out as Lee Kangto's. In other words, Park Ki Woong is also matching Joo Won in terms of performance. He really plays the part of a totally deluded psychopath to the tee. Watching his mood, thoughts and feelings change as expressed on his face is a treat. 
And may I also add, the fighting scenes of these 2 leads are absolutely wonderful(as long as Shunji doesnt use his gun). I can't compare CH's Young Joo, the Prosecutor cuz he is not supposed to be skilled in fighting. But somehow I don't find LMH's fighting scenes very convincing. Maybe cuz I got distracted by his swanky clothes. Weird that although Gaksital is fitted in Grandpa's hand-me-downs, he still kickass! Looking at the way he fights with his heart, soul and body in every scene, many a times hampered by his choice(maybe no choice) of instrument but still kicking the daylights out of his enemies. You can see that he has to fight tooth and nail for the life of his beloved and his own almost every time. PKW is very good too when it comes to the sword like that episode where he chased Gaksital in the garden. Although doubles were used but whenever there were close ups or scenes where these 2 men actually act the fighting themselves, the effect is DAEBAK

Hi guys..

Wah, I thought I was the online who felt similarity between BM and Batman. Actually, I like Nolan's Batman becoz it is dark, serious, deep and it feels real. When I watched BM, I have the same feeling. Off course, u can't compare those 2 movies considering the budget etc etc, but BM is surely not an 'idol' or a regular movie. It makes us 'think'. It plays with our emotion and the story is rich. It's not a plain black and white, but it has grey areas that makes you can not judge whether something or someone is simply good or bad or right or wrong..but you just have to accept it and see how things are developing along the show.

Yeah, I kinda tired with romcom etc2. That's why, I welcome BM with open arms :). And just let those people complain about KangTo MokDan and such.. If you expect a simple-minded romcom, then you watch a wrong movie, right? ;) What do you expect? A great big hug and a passionate kiss after every love confession? Everything happens with a reason here, u know... ;)

Anyway, I really dislike the idea of MokDan become a partner of gaksital. But if she is, then could they pls dont turn this into another City Hunter? Really sorry for CH fans here..I'm not bashing CH or anything. It's a good movie, really *and I love thr prosecutor'. It's just, I really dont like it when KimNana became CH's partner. I dont know whether it was bcoz of the story line or becoz I never fancy Park Min Young, but I just felt that the story line didnt attract me the way it used to. And..my interest went even lower when the birth secret came out. Oh, dear..I felt that CH had turned into a makjang.

omgshy this episode had me biting my nails to my cuticles!!
the scene with Mokdan and Shunji... i was about to get off my couch and give her a round of applause!!
when she yelled "Do you think i'm something that you can play around with!" damn girl got's some oomf!!

so naturally i had to make a graphic of my two favorite scene of the episode!!
2ic1tzd.jpg

and

314bkvp.jpg

@mrdimples You can make gifs if you don't have the right program at a site called gifninja.com all you have to do is make screen caps of what you want to make into a gif and upload them onto the site. the downside is that you can't play around with the colors or add things to it.

first of all, I would like to thank all of you who shared all your thoughts, excitement, predictions, stills, preview etc. coming to this thread is like a must for me each time I go online. so...thanks! all of you are awesome!! :)

as for ep 17...wow. I am speechless because it was a great episode. I didn't bit my nails; I went for my fingers instead :D I just can't describe how much I've grown to love MD. although she's the damsel in distress, she got her own spunk. You go, girl! Don't mind the haters :)

..I think I'll have to sort my thoughts later. it's odd not to have any episode today...hmmmmm

oh, before I forgot, Jin Se Yeon tweeted earlier~ although she's quite sad as there will be no ep 18 for today, she's still cheering for South Korea in Olympics. She looks tired but still sweet! I wonder what's the paper she's holding in the pic....Gaksital's filming schedule of the day?

624500710.png?key=7681024

A very exciting episode...I like ithe way Dam Sa ri slowly trusting KT...not becos of his words & promises but becos of KT's action..and I love the part when KT reveals to MD he's Lee Young from the past, caalling her Boon Yi a name that only known to her dad & KT's family

However I wish MD wud fall in love with KT 1st, without knowing he's Gaksital, Let her know that the Young Master from the past she assume is Gaksital actually KT the man she hates, afterall the Gaksital who save her several times in the beginning wasnt her ' Young Master', its KS who didnt even know who she is, merely saving her becos she's in the way,,,