Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@mojobobo, yes i agree, poor baby! *virtual hugs to Joo Won* =)

It's only a rumor, but i like the plot, this story remember me True Lies, the movie. Very nice and funny! :-)

@dramalove777, Gaksital ends in September and if the new drama starts in October, it means Joo Won will have to start filming again immediately! No time to rest :(

@kaeru-chan : I finally got to the computer and after seeing the spoiler pictures you'd posted my excitement shot to impossible heights, thank you very much  ^:)^

Unfortunately, it seems pretty certain that it will be taking place at the end of  episode 17 and I hope the photos aren't just a red herring so we would get more excited for next week (like it would be even possible to get excited more) and they won't cut it just before those events are going to, actually, take place [-O< :-SS

I havent't even watched episode 17 and I know that the longest waiting of my life is upon me and that before the next wednesday comes I'll look probably like this  8-}

Just 1 hour to the beginning of episode 17 :-bd

I've just visited Softy's website and it looks like she is going to update live:

http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/bridal-mask-e17-will-be-updated-live/

While I wait anxiously for the show to start in 20 mins time, here's an article which appeared in Chinese baidu. 
Remember that this show received rejections from many Hallyu stars who were afraid their career in Japan might be adversely affected due to the theme? Indeed, Japan is a lucrative market for Hallyu stars and remain an important one. But China is rising fast and lurking frequently on baidu site where I get my updates(since I know zilch Korean), I can vouch that the chinese fans are very fanatical about Joowon. 

Here's my translation of the baidu article, part word for word, part paraphrase: 
**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Since the 1st episode aired, gaining 1st spot in viewership, KBS2 Bridal Mask has shaken Mainland China

With its theme of Japanese Resistance, the drama faced rejection by many Hallyu stars. In China, the drama has not been officially broadcasted in China, however with the addition of Chinese subtitles, the drama has grown very popular on the internet, what is the reason?

In Bridal Mask, acting as Lee Kangto, the actor Joowon has stolen many Chinese female viewers’ hearts. The biggest web service/search engine in China, Baidu set up a fanclub called “Zhu Yuan Ba” where there more than 2,000 members and more than 45,000 articles, revealing the attention that Joowon is receiving.

The fanclub puts up many articles and pictures of Bridal Mask and other variety programmes that Joo Won appeared in. One fan said that although Joo Won has acted in Baker King and Ojakgyo Brothers, I became a fan of his after watching Bridal Mask. His acting is so powerful that I watched through the night over 2 days.

(the article continues to say that due to Bridal Mask’s theme of Japanese Resistance, it has attracted a lot of Chinese viewers’ attention because China suffered very much over the 1937 Nanking massacre where more than 300,000 chinese died, many now still harbor the ill-feelings towards Japan. And cited other examples, basically of how China can empathize with the theme.

One critic analyzing the popularity of Bridal Mask in China said that Japan and China view the Japanese occupation very differently. In this aspect, Korea shares the same feelings as China. Also in China, there was a movie of a masked hero fighting the Japanese, so Chinese viewers are familiar with the theme in Bridal Mask.

One KBS staff said that it is highly anticipated if Korean culture can be exported to China. They are very enthusiastic about marketing to China because of the market potential.  

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me but how are we supposed to wait for next week when today's cliffhanger was that/!??!:!KJSFHKSJFKJSF

Just admit it, KBS, you aren't cancelling tomorrow's broadcast because of the Olympics. YOU WANT TO KILL US.

OMG OMG OMG Ending is Epic....Finally MD knew!!! Gahh...I want to watch the next ep!!!

he told her he's the young master.and now she knows he's Gaksital!!!! she took of the mask!!!