[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

I like Konno very much! He is the only japanese (with the adorable Abe) that has an heart, and a brain. He don't hates koreans, he's not happy to do these bad things, but he's in trap for his position. For this reason he likes Kang To, because Kang to has heart and brain like him.

Maybe in the future... Konno will help Kang To? I hope yes.

:-)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest flipz

I'm sure they will ignore this but I'd figure I'll reference a potential plothole: KT's excuse of his car parked in the outskirts of Rie's place

I really really want Rie to be the one who redeems at the end like KT. Her character could have easily been full Japanese, but I think they made her Korean for a good reason. The spoiler picture of her with a sword targeting her bodyguard could be a hint of a future transformation. But only time will tell.

I also can't help but make parallels to The Dark Knight Rises since I just saw it the other day.

KT <-> Bruce Wayne: Playboy, detective, martial artist, double identity hero
MD <-> Rachel Dawes: The hero's childhood friend and love interest, unwilling to compromise to her morals
BG <-> Alfred Pennyworth: The old dude who's there to help
Koshakai <-> The League of Shadows: A corrupt group who seek to kill the hero off
Rie <-> Selina Kyle(Catwoman): Enemy/Love Interest. She's a rival who eventually turns into the lover. In Batman(comics, not in the movie), they eventually get married.

With 11 episodes to go and the secret unveiled, I hope they utilize MD as a more prominent figure in the independence movement instead as a plot device as the damsel in distress.

@briseis, i agree with you! Gaksital is not an easy drama, you MUST think while watching this story, is so complex, dark, with real people, because nobody is totally good or totally evil, only black or white, but grey.

Is the same thing of Mawang (The Devil), and Mawang has had low  ratings in 2007. Not because it was a bad drama (it's an absolute  masterpiece), but because it was too complex for the mass of viewers, that only wants love, easy stories and kisses.

I find it very sad that people liked City Hunter for example and not Bridal Mask. There is a saying that people tend to ignore the worst aka choosing the easiest way out. I think its very painful for most people to sit there and watch someone being cruelly tortured without being credited for. Also as a parent, you dont want you kids see such heavy scenes so maybe thats another reason why the ratings isnt that high. I know for example that my parents always switched off those scenes. And Korean people like sageuk and makjang much better. Thats why some 'crappy' (Ok no offending and I am really sorry to say this) Dr.Jin drama has almost the same ratings as Gaksital, because its sageuk. I really do like Song Heun and Park Min Young but that drama is really too much for my opinion.

I hope the ratings will go up, cuz next week there wont be Ghost, right? And by then maybe Gaksital will gain more viewers?

@cravey, THANK YOU for the awesome gifs keke. I keep watching Kangto scowl XD
I thought ratings would increase! :( Oh well. Gaksital fighting! 
Poor Kangto must have felt like crap when Mok Dan refused to acknowledge. Logically it would not make sense too since at the start it was Kangsan who saved her right in front of Kangto haha. I wonder how he's going to put her up to date with everything. 
@valinor500, one thing I like about this show is that the characters are not totally bad nor totally good. I remember the scene where Konno was raging out at the Governor-general for collaborating with Kimura Taro then the Governonr-general just laughed and gave Konno some of the gold, which Konno kept. Heh. He's not the goody two shoes either keke. 

Guest flipz

I hope the ratings will go up, cuz next week there wont be Ghost, right? And by then maybe Gaksital will gain more viewers?

City Hunter is a classical drama of revenge, and it's based on a famous manga/anime, with a famous actor... It's much easier to have high ratings in this way. Like The Moon And The Sun, classical sageuk drama with kings, queens, love and famous actors.

But Gaksital is different, Kang To is not a typical main lead, the love story begins in late, there are dark scenes, and the japanese period is not easy to watch for the koreans.

For these reasons i'm happy (like the authors) that the ratings are high, Long live to Bridal Mask! 

See you tomorrow morning (in Italy now is 1.30 of the night)

:-)

@marie67: I love CH but as I'd written before CH was a disney story compared to BM. BM is much more darker fitting the period it's set in and the drama goes to places where CH feared to treat - like torture, questioning the moral compass of the protagonist or him, actually, killing his targets.

It was easy for CH - in the 21st century torture is abolished (in the advanced law systems, at least) and there was a jurisdiction he could turn the wrongdoers in, however, there are no such things in the annexed Korea of 1930's. You are thought of a lesser being only because your race, you can be tortured or killed by Japanese police without any reason at all, there is no institution you can turn for help. Gaksital simply doesn't have morally uptight prosecutor who would lay his life for justice nor does he have a house or a car equipped with modern technology - all he does have is his iron flute and his horse against cars, guns and swords and wearing his favorite WHITE outfit and he is still alive, CH, take that \:D/

Ps.: By the way CH's never reached the 20% mark and went up in the ratings around episode 14 when the Greatest Love finished its airing.

OH MY HOLY GOD..

sorry guys i might get hated for what i'm gonna say but i have to say it..i hate the Olympic Games..i hate it to death..i don't give a damn care for it..what i care about is that our MD found out that KT is Gaksital..and now thanks to this olympics thing..we are not gonna found out what will happen until next week..oh my gosh..i can't wait until that time..i think that i'm going to explode trying to thinking what will happen..that scene was amazing..also the fighting scene ..and KT in the water..so hot..WOW this drama deserve 30% and more..but gosh..>________<

why they are doing this to  us..how am i suppose to wait until next week..?!!!!

this drama is killing me ..<3..

that scene when KT told MD the truth about being the master of her dreams was soooooooo sad..how she told him that " are you telling me that the man who tried to kill me many times is the young master ?!!" awwwwwww that was such a sad scene

and shunji..will you please stop slapping our MD pretty face ?!!!!!!! it's getting too much already..you slap her whenever you like then the next day you hold her hand like nothing happened and tell her to stay by your side..SERIOUSLY?!!!

i'm praying that god will help me while waiting for a whole week >__<

Wow I just realized that on soompi we find almost Mokdan lovers and VIKI has almost Mokdan Haters! Seriously those comments there are beyond words. They are rooting for Shunji and hoping Mokdan gets killed and sliced into tiny pieces, and they want Rie to end up with Kangto. I was like yeah right?! I mean ok we know that Kangto is not bad, he is the good one and our hero but Mokdan has all the reason to hate him and treat him like that. For someone who has been tortured by him many times (eventhough the last times he was being told to do so and he couldnt disobey that command even when he wanted to die instead of torture her) and has got her father arested by him and sentenced by death etc, she has a right to hate him to the core. And she is forgiving cuz she admitted today that she was a crazy B7tch for believing in him when he told her he would save her dad. But I dont understand why people root for Shunji.

O and they also say that its Mokdans fault that Shunji has turned into this evil jerk. Well, I dont think so, Mokdan cant go tell him: I like you, lets go out, while she doesnt like him in a romantical way. You can never force feelings onto someone.

Phew, I had to let this all out.

@Shajoona Hi there :) I also dont like Olympic games, especially when they are now ruining our Gaksital! But on a better note, the cast and crew can get some rest

Guest serendipity8989

I'm sure they will ignore this but I'd figure I'll reference a potential plothole:

KT's excuse of his car parked in the outskirts of Rie's place

I really really want Rie to be the one who redeems at the end like KT. Her character could have easily been full Japanese, but I think they made her Korean for a good reason. The spoiler picture of her with a sword targeting her bodyguard could be a hint of a future transformation. But only time will tell.

I also can't help but make parallels to The Dark Knight Rises since I just saw it the other day.

KT <-> Bruce Wayne: Playboy, detective, martial artist, double identity hero

MD <-> Rachel Dawes: The hero's childhood friend and love interest, unwilling to compromise to her morals

BG <-> Alfred Pennyworth: The old dude who's there to help

Koshakai <-> The League of Shadows: A corrupt group who seek to kill the hero off

Rie <-> Selina Kyle(Catwoman): Enemy/Love Interest. She's a rival who eventually turns into the lover. In Batman(comics, not in the movie), they eventually get married.

With 11 episodes to go and the secret unveiled, I hope they utilize MD as a more prominent figure in the independence movement instead as a plot device as the damsel in distress.

Guest love_song

Wow I just realized that on soompi we find almost Mokdan lovers and VIKI has almost Mokdan Haters! Seriously those comments there are beyond words. They are rooting for Shunji and hoping Mokdan gets killed and sliced into tiny pieces, and they want Rie to end up with Kangto. I was like yeah right?! I mean ok we know that Kangto is not bad, he is the good one and our hero but Mokdan has all the reason to hate him and treat him like that. For someone who has been tortured by him many times (eventhough the last times he was being told to do so and he couldnt disobey that command even when he wanted to die instead of torture her) and has got her father arested by him and sentenced by death etc, she has a right to hate him to the core. And she is forgiving cuz she admitted today that she was a crazy B7tch for believing in him when he told her he would save her dad. But I dont understand why people root for Shunji.

Made a new graphic!!!gaksital11.jpg*oh jeez, i didn't realize it was so huge sorry!! remember if you want to put it on tumblr, reblog never repost!
@marie67 - Oh no, there are some haters on tumblr as well.. but let's just ignore them and think of awesome mokdan and kickass kangtooh another note... I don't get all the Mokdan Hate.... she has every right in her to hate the heck out of Kangto. If people can't see that then seriously... are we all watching the same drama? Did you not watch the first half where there was a psychotic kid name kangto who beat his own brother, snapped at his own people and like mokdan said, put her in front of a firing squad after torturing her? aigooo people...I just can't....t5rmsh.gif

Made a new graphic!!!*oh jeez, i didn't realize it was so huge sorry!! remember if you want to put it on tumblr, reblog never repost!
@marie67 - Oh no, there are some haters on tumblr as well.. but let's just ignore them and think of awesome mokdan and kickass kangtooh another note... I don't get all the Mokdan Hate.... she has every right in her to hate the heck out of Kangto. If people can't see that then seriously... are we all watching the same drama? Did you not watch the first half where there was psychotic a kid name kangto who beat his own brother, snapped at his own people and like she mokdan said, put her in front of a firing squad after torturing her? aigooo people...I just can't....

Guest ricecak3

I wonder how MK will react once KT tells her he killed his own brother. She would still think of him as a demon ahahh

Archived