[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Continuing with the symbolism of the knife, isn't it also appropriate that Kangto should be the one holding the knife and Mok Dan holding the sheath? Ahem.........
I think I am going looney like Shunji. Better off to bed to sleep it over

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mrdimples, OMG, you're such a perv  =)) >:) But I like this symbolism theory of yours :DI'll also be uploading that epic water fight scene \m/ After some 40min it should be up on YT. Takes longer cuz I'm saving it in HD ;)

@dramalove777: I really wish for today's episode to break the 20% mark, if it won't I don't know what episode can because this was just an hour of pure epicness.

I re-watched it and it's turned out even more awesome than before - he beat two trained assassins with his trembling injured right hand and hurt leg ^:)^. LEE KANG TO, YOU ARE THE BEST MASKED VIGILANTE EVER :-bd (as @dangermousie mentioned in one of her posts on her blog - "your dead brother only wished he were so cool")

1z554t0.png

27yvdz4.png

Lost for words, Ueno Rie? /:)

LET ME INTRODUCE YOU MY FAVORITE HERO EVER EVER!!! GAKSITAAAAAAL ^:)^

2zxpe9i.png

By the way, I simply love the ending scene :x. It really does mirror their whole relationship so far, doesn't it. She always waits for him and he always finds her and comes for her so they both keep their childhood promise. 

4szc06.png

Guest crazy lulu

gonna wait for subs to decide how i really feel about ep 17. but, it's looking good. ha. a lot happened in this episode. i mean, A LOT.

i'm not going to lie, i'm nervous about future episodes because we have ELEVEN left. with the unveiling of gaksital, at least to mok dan, where do we go from here? where are we headed with an unmasked masked hero?

BUT, from this episode, i'm fairly confident the writers have the story well mapped in their heads, and maybe on paper by now or soon.

at the mercy of subbers. ^^ 

thanks for your work!

tumblr_m7q8d344IC1qew5glo1_r1_1280.png

I haven't seen episode 17 yet, but I know I'm obsessed with this show when I start having dreams about it and about how MK and KT are roaming the street of Joseon hand in hand and saving the oppressed from the occupation! Hahahaha. Off to watch what seems to be the best Gaksital episode EVER!!

Why do I have a feeling Baek will cure Kangto and tell Mokdan to go, and she will go back to the comrades all devastated and they will tell her Gaksital came and she will only be in her own world like she has lost something very big. But I really want her to be at Kangto's side :(. He did that for her back in their childhood memories, and I hope now she will be the one who will make a fire while tending to him. But How will Kangto find an excuse for his absence at the police station? It seems he was badly severly hurt so he might not go back there in time. And maybe Rie will tell Kimura to keep this a secret from Shunji?

Guest serendipity8989

Although I do appreciate the progress, eventually, it was gonna have to happen anyway. I'm just bummed we have to wait another week for the next episode =( And I have some gripes about the action scenes.. They are somewhat cheesy, like someone pointed out, how the heck does the samurai Kimura get beat so easily? Shouldn't he be more skilled? And Rie, too. I guess after watching The Dark Knight Rises, my expectations were a bit higher for the action scenes. And for the women, including MD (although it does seem highly unusual for women to be able to fight in the 30s). 
I just HATE how it always ends on a cliffhanger and I get that it's a part of the whole "drama process" but really?! I really felt like the scenes with the COUNT & the "Gov. General" were unnecessary. And the continuous flashbacks of the past (when KT & MD were younger) -- it needs to stop, cause I feel like it's literally wasting 10 minutes of precious time. 
IDK I guess I'm just cranky cause I don't get the next episode till next week.
I want to see how KT & MD interact from here onward, but I feel like they've kinda lost their steam. =(
But I am glad though, that MD finally knows the truth. I hope the writers don't disappoint & the actors/actresses get all the rest they can afford with this break! 

@mrdimples i had the same thought exactly! it was a blessing shunji wasn't smart enough to strip search everybody last time gaksital was injured on the arm, so now i'm left wandering and hoping if they'll use this wild card now :-S

on a sidenote, did anybody notice how sly rei looked when she saw gaksital leaving? i hope she didn't get to follow him cause that would be a situation kang to wouldn't be able to get out of

towards the end when kimura started fighting gaksital, thought it would be the classing ending for an episode (you know the whole stand off thing..."i'm gonna kill you" while the other party just gets ready for some butt woopin') but was pleasently surprised that the episode went past that and dilevered us some precious goodies to make us last through this week!! =D> :D

KT looked so darn mad at Katsuyama for hurting MD and i'm glad he didn't hesitate to beat the crap out of him. love Katsuyama and all but KT comes first hehealso, KT'f intention was to rescue MD and he did not for a second neglect her (usually the hero would just keep on fighting and then be like oh crap what/who did i come here for? by then the heroine would be laying very dead in a pool of blood). he really puts her above everything else <3I thought Shunji was sincere until he slapped her. I love this pairing too, but darn boy, why do you have to be so abusive??Anywho, I thought Kimura Taro was so lame. He threw a BF when Shunji sold his samurai sword, but for lord's sake shunji knew it was collecting dust in the closet and his dad got no skills whatsoever in handling the sword, NOW we see how he gets PWNed by an iron flute. to all kiss hopefuls: we're one step closer!! hopefully Baek Gun ahjussi won't ruin the moment

Guest sunshine4ever

Most of the scenes were already subbed at Viki.com and I'm not sure if you guys all watched it. But I skipped through to just the ones with KT & MD. I will definitely have to rewatch it before I can say anything, but I just thought why did BM say in such a hoarse voice? Was that even KT's voice or he just didn't want her to identify him?

Anyway, I think I'm going to watch the last scene about a couple of times a day until next Wednesday. lol. It's totally predictable yet looking so unpredictable. Who would have thought how the translation of the preview and the video of the video make us wonder. I'm so glad that despite all of the previews we have watched, it didn't take away any of our excitement. Most of our predictions seemingly incorrect and/or correct, but I'm glad we are doing some guessing for this series as it is so good we can't even predict what's next.

I'm so grateful for the scriptwriter of this drama. First, she redeemed her sinful protagonist and then now she's really going to make him loved and accepted. I am anticipating what's next for episode 18. A whole bunch of things to uncover/unraveled for Mok Dan in the upcoming episodes.  I am trying to imagine myself as Mok Dan and I'm not sure how I would be feeling what she's feeling right now. Her crying will be non-stop lol. She'll have tons of questions for BM...he'll probably be her spotlight now.

These are very good ratings my dear Soompi friends, don't worry. Why i said it? Because this is a very complex drama, Gaksital is not a rom-com, or a classical spy story, but a dark drama, deep and unusual for korean viewers. Is new for them, and last but not last, the period ('30) is a wound always open for korean people. It's not easy for them to watch Gaksital.

The authors are happy that the ratings are so hight, for the same reasons. 15% for this drama is better than 25% for the others, because this drama is unique in its development.

:-)

Archived