[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Wowww, so many awesome new posts! :) I can't keep up with you guyz :D

I'll just mention the most wonderful scene from these two episodes - the hug. When MokDan hugged him, I was all "YOU GO GIRL!" That was such a tender beautiful hug.

I see we're all unpleasantly surprised with Shunji's character development. I actually thought he wouldn't be as "evil" as his brother, but... That scene where he kept stabbing the dead guy's body was just awful, I didn't expect that kind of reaction from him, although I know his hate towards Bridal mask. During these episodes I kept thinking to myself - could things go back to how they were after all this? I see you talked if Shunji's redemption was possible... I really don't know. I don't think so. Like you said, I think he'll die. And I think he'll die from Kishoukai hand, and that Kang To will try to save him, but will not succeed...

Finally, one of the scenes that stood out the most for me was the one where Bridal mask returned the bills of sale to the market people. They were all so grateful to him. And then he went up to the roof again, and watched them from above. I guess he had to have that moment. All those people who hate Kang To so much (well, ok, he was really really a terrible person before)... And then he spoke to his hyung about Shunji, about how people hate Kang To but want to protect Bridal mask (that guy in prison died for him, even though he tried killing him/KT, and MokDan... when she protected him by pointing the gun at Shunji...)

That's why I made this (I'm still a newbie when it comes to editing, still, I hope you'll like it) :

tumblr_m6rlyeWN1S1qcur1bo1_r1_500.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest stoffkimba

@secretlyforyou:

Also, it looks like we have an explanation of why there is no preview. They are STILL shooting 13/14, according to Joo Won. His tweet - from today(that someone roughly translated)

Guest flipz

It's going to take a lot more than a bunch of MD with goofy KT scenes for her to like him. He shot her, tortured her, and tried to take a commemorative photo of capturing her father. It has to be something radical that would prove her that he's changed. Even under "conext", he CHOSE the imperial empire as his way to support his family. Would you call it desperation? Possibly. But even his family, under NO circumstance, would have chosen his route, nor did the mother ever accept or condone it. I'm sorry for all you people who want MD to slowly fall in love with KT as KT, but her memories of old dark KT does NOT offset goofy heartwarming KT. Sure, I can root for for what everyone else wants, but I'm trying to be realistic about it as well.

Guest kurisutaru

I've been a silent reader for awhile now and I have to come out to say that this drama is A-MAZING! This drama has got to be my favorite drama of ALL TIME! I'm really surprised that there are not more pages on this thread (compared to other dramas that are not doing so well ratings wise). I guess this is what they call "star power"... but in any case, keep up the great work, Drama! I love youuuuuu~~! Totally a Joo Won shipper now!

Not sure how others feel about this, but I absolutely LOVE it when he screams. ;)) LOVE the way his eyes look and the emotions in it when he's acting. Ahhh, totally fangirling! he he he he he :P

BTW, have y'all seen this?

credit: baidu and wanida99

Poor them... :( Especially Joo Won trying really hard not to fall asleep. :(

Long comment ahoy! :)
class="H" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(30, 30, 31); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "@Crazy LuLu yes that's part of the problem there no? Earlier it was Kang San under that mask and Mok Dan had this dreamy view of this masked man. It hasn't changed even though its now the original Gaksital's younger brother under that mask. So she is in love with this image or idea of this hero. No doubt he's a freedom fighter/vigilante, but she doesnt' know him.Thank you for mentioning Boon Yi and Kang To back when he was her young master. So true. Right now Mok Dan thinks of him as this perfect guy but she's in love with a memory of him. She needs to love a guy in the present and if its her young master then she needs to love him as he is now for it to be the real thing. I'm so with you on this. :D
@mizztic right at the start I used to wonder if he would redeem himself. At the moment even I'm wondering how. He's a tragic character in that I feel if he continues down this road it will just get worse and the only way he can redeem himself is if he does something at the end to save Kang To or Mok Dan. If he realizes what he's doing is horrible he might even get a chance to redeem himself without having to die, but it all depends on how far he goes. As it is, his violence towards people is scarier than Kang To prior to his turnaround. Kenji was always a rougher, more cruel guy and it was evident even in the way he treated the old nanny who looked after them. Shunji was sweet with her and we see from the flashbacks that Shunji seemed genuinely good to Kang To. He was kind to him when Kenji and the other boys in that club were beating him up. So it will be interesting to see if Shunji can retain his humanity or if he realizes what he's doing. His confession to Kanto about being scared that he was turning into a monster is very telling. He KNOWs its happening. It must be scary...but he's also losing control.Oh and I remembered that Shunji, like his father Kimura Taro, has joined that secret group. The head of that group is merciless. If they fail their missions, its certain death it seems.
I love that graphic you made. :D That market place scene was a nice moment. He must have felt that lightness in his heart when he realized what he had done for these people. The boy he gave the bills of sale to was the same guy who had called him a dog and hurt his brother, isn't it? It says a lot about Kang To's change of attitude if he can turn around and start helping people who clearly had it out for him. Even now, without the mask on they will scorn him. But he's still going ahead and doing what he can for them. He's slowly learning to help his people.
@stoffkimba I hope so too because I'd hate to think that they'd jump to live shoots for the next lot of episodes. They have so much left to film the schedule would be crazy for the cast. Not to mention the fact that Joo Won also films 1N2D! :oOh goodness, so true about TMtEtS. It was one of those shows that could have been done as a 4 part miniseries. I think it was stretched out so far that people were just hanging about on screen most of the time. 
OMO your description of how Mok Dan sees Gaksital had me giggling her for a few minutes. You're so right. He's an idol star of sorts for her. And yes they have been really clever about it so far. I found him having to watch her pretty interesting. They are just bickering right now and she did try to stab him several times (fiery pair, aren't they?), but she is noticing that he's softer now. His behaviour seems to baffle her. And then in episode 12 he very clearly informed her that there was a mole in her group or among the people she knew. I strongly believe that it made her edgy and more guarded...so much so that when Rie visited her in her nun disguise, Mok Dan's brain was just thinking differently. kang To had just left after warning her and she automatically started watching what Rie was doing. I think she would have been that way with anyone actually. But Rie was suspicious so she tested her theory and then fed her the false info. Nice going Mok Dan. Now when it comes back to her that her suspicions were correct she will know that kang To had helped her. It was not an accident. He very clearly helped her. She's going to wonder what on earth is going on. I'm loving it.
Your comments about Kang San and the rebels sometimes putting the cause before their families. I love you to pieces for saying this. Kang San actually thought about what it would mean if they found out he was Gaksital. He had a moment to think about it and continue to play dumb. I have always been one of the people who had this unpopular opinion that Kang San kept his family in the dark and that it came back to hurt him. His brother had no idea his hyung was not mentally affected by the torture. I can understand that Kang San faked mental illness to get out of the torture camps-its human instinct to want to survive. But that he kept it a secret from his family troubled me no end. His mother and brother spent years believing he was no longer sane and that they had "lost" him. Imagine the mental agony for them? His poor mother? And like you so beautifully said, Kang To had be be the breadwinner. He supported his hyung who spent time running around with the neighbourhood kids.It broke my heart when Kang To confessed to Kang San that night, that he was only doing this for his family, that Kang San didn't clue him in on what was going on. Yes, Kang To was chasing Gaksital. But if he knew his hyung was Gaksital he would never have hurt him or given him up. Ultimately Kang San's deception got him killed, by his own brother. So now Kang TO carries that guilt too.
Kang To actually put his family first. That is why he joined the regime in the first place. He felt it was the only way to put food on the table. He saw no other alternative other than begging-and lets face it, that was not something that would provide for them. Joining the regime might have made him a traitor in the eyes of his own people but he was willing to carry that burden if it meant providing for his mother and brother. When he shouts that Lee Kang To is pathetic or cannot do anything and Sato Hiroshi is who he is, he is actually saying that by serving the regime he can make things happen. He can provide for them. As Lee Kang To, the son of a Korean family in poverty, he's helpless. Its a horrible situation to be in. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I'd hate to be forced to choose. Desperation makes us do crazy things. This is the only way out young Kang To saw.
I also feel that the hero Kang To is becoming won't see things in such absolute terms. Its not all cut and dry. There are grey areas and I think Kang To will make tough choices in his role as Gaksital. Choices his freedom fighter hyung did not make or could not make. I think that will set Kang To apart.
Coming from a country that has seen colonisation and then civil war I know it can be crazy and that some things become a norm for people during a particular period. This show clearly shows that.
Regarding the quote thing, I'm not sure hon. I am actually typing this on a notepad before posting, lol. ;) The new soompi is a bit different and I'm still getting used to it all.

Guest kokky

Wow, this post is pretty animated. I loved everything you wrote, it's so deep and insightful :) unfortunately I'm not that good with words... but I've made some edits:
tumblr_m6pc7mIao81qio4gno1_500.png
tumblr_m6qhwuQJ3w1qio4gno1_500.png
tumblr_m6t7977og31qio4gno1_500.png
tumblr_m6pin2R1QS1qio4gno1_250.gif tumblr_m6pin2R1QS1qio4gno2_250.gif
tumblr_m6pin2R1QS1qio4gno3_250.gif tumblr_m6pin2R1QS1qio4gno4_250.gif
This is a wallpaper so maybe it's too big, but I don't know how to use the spoiler tag anymore: 
tumblr_m61kslZdeC1qio4gno1_1280.png
I've posted them on my tumblr :3 

I wonder what MD will do when she finds out BM is KT. I also have a feeling that she will find at a moment there is no time to think long whether or not she accepts the fact or not. I mean everyone knows there is a connection between MD and BM. They will continue to use her to get him. What if he get's really badly hurt when he tries to save her when she's used as bait again? Or that he gets badly hurt on one of his other missions and the bodyguard guy isn't there to help..I think he will go to MD then too. At the end of the day she's the only person he can trust. He can't go to Sunji because as soon as he finds out KT is MD he will get killed even before KT had the chance to tell what his brother did to his family.

Guest Jessi15

@kokky I love them, thank you. One doesn't have to be good with words to make a contribution. I don't care how many times I still watch the hug scene over and over ** drooling**

@kurisutaru Yes, I have seen the BTS video where  they showed JW and KW falling asleep on the set .. I feel a lot of affection and appreciation for their hard work to bring us viewers a wonderful action packed drama. I do fear for their health as we are just only half way through the drama, there are still 14 more episodes to go and if they keep at this rate, it is going to the death of them by the end of the drama. It will require a lot of strength for them to keep up since this is an action drama. Seeing them fall asleep like that on set, I suddenly recall the scene where he came to see MD and she told him to go to sleep because he said he is tired LOL JW/KT really needs that 10 minutes sleep.

Also heard the news that JW's and JSY's voice will become KBS's automatic voice on the phone. I hope the rating will climb up and stays up... BM's casts and crews deserve it. I hope it will bring a lot more viewers.

I love reading all your comments and I know that the majority of us here are rooting for KT-MD. Although I have my doubt but I am also one who would love to see the pair as KT-MD and not KT-BM because I can't see the emotions underneath the mask. I also found the scenes of KT-MD are much more interesting and enjoyable. You can feel the emotions boiling over between those two as if they can't stand the sight of each other and yet underneath KT is yearning, begging for MD's recognition by looking into his eyes, to know him as her "Young". The scene BM was hugging MD in ep12, I was trying to read the emotions in his eyes, by a twitch of his lips or something to indicate his respond to her initiation by hugging him but I can't read anything there... so damn frustrated. If she thinks BM is her "Young" then by falling for KT, wouldn't she feel that she is cheating on her first love? At this stage, I am conflicting myself as to whether MD see BM as her "Young" or not so hopefully that part will be cleared up soon.

As for their first kiss, I don't know how it is going to turn out. A little awkward may be? What are your guy thoughts on this? JW is known to be shy but he has done a lot kissing with other actresses in other dramas but I have seen only one from JSY in her previous drama - My Daughter the Flower  (I am curious about YSY so just begin to look for her drama last night) and oh boy, I can see that she was really shy and not THAT responsive. In one of the recent article about the horse riding scene, it also says that although JW and JSY are getting closer after 5 months but they are getting nervous due to the increase of mellowed scenes.

I am waiting for an article that says JW and JSY are dating. 1. the ratings will go up definitely 2. more real chemistry between the characters they portray 3. KT-MD shippers better satisfiedtalk about killing 3 birds with one stone ahaha

Guest Jessi15

I am waiting for an article that says JW and JSY are dating. 1. the ratings will go up definitely 2. more real chemistry between the characters they portray 3. KT-MD shippers better satisfiedtalk about killing 3 birds with one stone ahaha

Anyone seen the video preview of episode 13?
It is out. I read the post on chinese baidu http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1711201677
but the video posted there cannot be viewed outside of China. If someone has a link, please post it. 
Meanwhile, can scroll down the page for the kiss Gaksital gave to Mok Dan and more screencaps of the preview here. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1711213248
Thank you

Guest mrs_d_42801

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of us want MD to fall for KT before she learns that he is Gaksital or the young master. I think she realizes that he changed a bit, everytime he's acting considerate or smiling at her or when he looks at her with his eyes that say how hurt he is to know that she hates him enough to want to kill him... Ahhhh those eyes, they do weird things to me ahaha! I think it would be possible for her to fall for him as KT and it would mean so much more for KT to know that not every joseon people hate him.

Guest bluedelacour

OMG I saw the little preview so awesome @mrdimples thank you 
I think we will have action next week and btw did she say goodbye to BM??? 
wish I could understand korean ^^

Guest mrs_d_42801

Anyone seen the video preview of episode 13?

It is out. I read the post on chinese baidu 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1711201677

but the video posted there cannot be viewed outside of China. If someone has a link, please post it. 

Meanwhile, can scroll down the page for the kiss Gaksital gave to Mok Dan and more screencaps of the preview here. 

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1711213248

Thank you

Guest bluedelacour

Oh I wanna see it, unfortunately I'm not in China. That's sad : (  Can you at least describe what is there?

Archived