[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Disappointed in today's ep. I just can't watch Kang To sacrificing himself for stupid people. WHY THE H they had to bring in Mok Dan? Everyone knows her face, anyone can recognize her! WHAE???!!! Seriously this episode rubbed me the wrong way. Apart from Kang To and the Count's scenes this episode was just bleh

:(

Hoping for a better one 2morrow  [-O<

Guest crazy lulu

need subs. haha.

i'm gonna guess that a lot of people aren't going to be digging these upcoming episodes because they'll have more to do with the occupation/independence movement. i'm sure they'll cover the relationships plenty too, but it's ep 13, kangto has already legitimately made his turn into hero, there's nothing else for us to really anticipate for now. we'll just be watching the events play out until the big boom, whatever that may be and mean for our characters. it's best to remember that this is 1930s korea.

i don't mind where we're at in story because action/war/awesome is my genre. for everyone else, you must bear it. ha.

@cravey I agree with you about Rie. I also dont like her and liked the way Kangto put her into her place like she has no chance whatever with him ;). But I am afraid for Kangto. He has a severe wound on his arm (well it will happen tomorrow but still). Its so dangerous cuz he will be found out very easily. I dont hope Rie will find out he is BM at this moment. I want her find out in the latter part cuz she will be more around Kangto and her role will outbeat Mokdans. I want to see more of Mokdan.

although all i really care about is the romance aspect of the drama, which this episode lacked, I really enjoyed it. It was soo suspenseful I almost fell off my seat a few times...
@ cravey : I don't think MD was meant to be AT the ceremony, rather she was supposed to wait outside for her dad since it was deserted anyway, so she just disguised herself a tiny bit to not look suspicious. If you recall, not a lot of people know about MD, her crimes, and even her appearance, except the police officers, Shunji, his dad, Rie and Kang To. Therefore, at first glance no one (except those named above) should be able to call her out. I'm with you that there was little romance, but at least we got to see some action scenes. I mean, the plot HAS to go somewhere right??
overall, I LOVED IT, still do. please people don't give up just yet!!! I have faith in the writer and producers...we can't let the cast's hard work go futile!! GAKSITAL FIGHTING!!!!!

need subs. haha.

i'm gonna guess that a lot of people aren't going to be digging these upcoming episodes because they'll have more to do with the occupation/independence movement. i'm sure they'll cover the relationships plenty too, but it's ep 13, kangto has already legitimately made his turn into hero, there's nothing else for us to really anticipate for now. we'll just be watching the events play out until the big boom, whatever that may be and mean for our characters. it's best to remember that this is 1930s korea.

i don't mind where we're at in story because action/war/awesome is my genre. for everyone else, you must bear it. ha.

Ok, today I've live-streamed for the first time so I could spazz with you guyz. LOL Didn't really understand some details though 'cause I only know some basic Korean...

The club thing and why he goes there often...I think KT went to the club as a cover, it's like "woah, so many things happened, and he's sitting calmly in the club, drinking and flirting with Rie". I don't know if I understood well what he said to Rie, I think she was really mad at him after that..

I loved the scene where Bridal mask jumped and cut the flag with the sword. So much action in those scenes, and the ending.....I'm sure he didn't get shot, but wow, Shunji fired!

And yeah, Shunji the madman is back again. In the end, how many times did he hit Dam Sari......? (no need to answer :-/ )
I wonder if Kangto will be in trouble in E14, cause he "failed" to recognize Dam Sari...he of all people should easily recognize him. Actually, I'm sure he'll be in trouble, I remember Shunji thinking of something KT asked in front of the hospital, right?

I'm curious about what exactly KT said in that scene when he visited the count while Dam Sari was there. I wonder how long will it take until Dam Sari sees how Kangto always conveniently says important stuff in front of him and informs the resistance in that way.

Kinda silly, but, knowing how much KT likes MD, I'm somehow amused by Mokdan's frightened "oh, no, it's Kangto" look every time she spots him. I'm like "oh girl, if only you knew" :))

Guest -quiescent

Seriously, I don't understand why the show isn't that popular on Soompi than it deserves. Today's episode was great <3 tomorrow's looks awesome!

Guest sunshine4ever

@ missnymeria
I agree with you about KT visiting the club after meeting up with MD. It seems to me that every time he went away from her he felt sad. I guess because most of the time she just doesn't know that he's her young master. Oh, and she's the only person left for him to live for. Thanks for bringing up his dad and his mom. It reminds me that BY is the only member left. (He's not family, but she's probably the few persons he's living for.)

I'm watching parts of BM on Viki and it was awesome. The first two parts were awesome. KT is such a good actor and a good deceiver. He's so flexible and knows how to change so fast especially with what he said to Shunji.

this part tears me up when I could finally understand their conversation...how totally sweet of KT & MD...she desires to see his face when she sees him again in the future and he desires to protect her when they meet up again...goodness I'm counting the day she unmask him!!! :D Viki is so awesome for letting me watch it with 720 p. The fighting scenes are awesome when in better quality.

fp5tao.jpg
30b0dqw.jpg
23kcf4i.jpg

Guest Jessi15

Just finished watching ep13 raw... and I couldn't agree more with @rhaps and @cravey, today's episode though has its spectacular moment, especially the last fighting scene with BM at the ceremony otherwise it was downright unrealistic. I hope  writer and the production creidws pay more attention to the plot or we may see the slidingdown in rating. The fighting scene was awesome, so as the goodbye scene. Although it was only a forehead kiss but it was the LONGEST ever. I thought his lips were sticking on MD's forehead like glue hehe... And MD, wow.. girl.. she looks absolutely stunning and innocent at the  same time, totally love her hair and the outfit. The dress and high-heel makes her look very feminine. How I wish she didn't have to go and hide in the car. It looks like SJ knows that DSR is MD's father or doesn't he? KT was saying something about DSR and MD to SJ outside the club, and yet SJ still beated up DSR like that? hmm... I can't wait for the sub to come out, need to understand since I have so many questions? Does the ep14 preview has english sub yet?

Guest whodat

Rumbles of a big Shunji fan.

Hi Y'all

EP13 was great. If there is one thing the drama-makers know how to do is leave you hanging. Sure, this is not the first Shunji vs. Kang To standoff and  obviously Kang To will escape, but it is by far the most intense. Can't wait for EP14.

I am curious what path the writers will take with Shunji. Will they make Shunji the ultimate villian or will they make Shunji realize the futulity of this war they are fighting. I kinda like the first option better because though it will mean Shunji has to die, at one point he will have to do something that will leave us like 'Holy crap, he didn't just do that'. So far he has not done anything irredeemable and is behaving more like Kang To at the start of the drama.

Kang To should also do a better job on his cover stories coz the ones he is keeps giving Shunji have more holes than a seive and if Shunji doesn't let go of his suspicions, he will soon discover that Gaksital always appears when Kang To is AWOL concluding that Kang To is Gaksital.

Rei should allow her bodyguard to fight at least once. He looks like he could kick some serious a** but she keeps calling him off. Come on Rei, let the dude blow off some steam. :D

It seems that Seon Hwa and her lil bro will have an encounter with Shunji in EP14. This will be an interesting encounter coz if there is one person who still believes in Shunji it's Seon Hwa in spite of the slap she received.

Guest xopo17

i like this below picture :x

class="ks_article_title"Bridal Mask’ Joo Won-Jin Se Yeon Romantic Forehead Kiss4830-bridal-mask-joo-won-and-jin-se-yeon

Actors Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon of KSB2 TV's Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Bridal Mask' shared an affectionate kiss.

'Kang-Dan Couple' Joo Won and Jin Se Yeon are currently receiving love for their roles as Lee Kang To and Mok Dan in KBS's 'Bridal Mask.' In a revealed still photo, disguised Lee Kang To is expressing a poignant emotion toward Mok Dan through the kiss scene.

In the episode airing on the 11th, Bridal Mask (Lee Kang To) and Mok Dan will express their suppressed love with a romantic forehead kiss.

The sorrowful emotion expressed by Lee Kang To originates from his hiding the truth of his identity from Mok Dan. Mok Dan is unaware of the Bridal Mask's identity as her first love. Bitter from grief, Mok Dan shed tears as her love for Lee Kang To was confirmed.

According to a producer, "The Kang-Dan couple's forehead kiss represents the scene confirming the suppressed, hidden feelings of a nameless hero for the fate of one's country. The two's first kiss, whether due to the sorrowful emotion involved between the couple, was more beautiful and romantic than any other first kiss."

credit: korea.com

Guest trixicopper

Who else thinks DSR will be the first to figure out who Gaksital is? He is smart and is already questioning KTs actions. What KT really needs about now are some "fake" Gaksital sightings with KT front and center to throw SJ off the scent.

It's way to early in the story for SJ to figure out who Gaksital is. I'm thinking that DSRs two young side kicks would make pretty good fake Gaksitals.

Someone needs to tell these characters to step away from the firearms though. Except for shooting innocent bystanders, horses, first loves and brothers, there is not a soul in this show who could hit the broad side of a barn with a bazooka.

Seriously guys put the guns DOWN!

Guest Starlitelet

By the way, how come Kang To does not treat Rie like other high-class Japanese people? From the looks of how he was treating her at Angel Club, it seemed like he didn't care about her status. I just don't understand how Kimura Taro is like flipping scared of her, and Kang To is just like whatever. It just didn't make sense to me how she didn't control Kang To with her power in that sense. 
I thought today's episode was good, but it felt like episode 7, 8, and 9. I'm talking about its pacing.
It seems like a lot of people enjoyed the ending scene. I thought it was risque, and exciting as well. Nonetheless, it felt sorta unrealistic how no one could catch Bridal Mask. C'mon... with that many men against 1? I know it's Bridal Mask we're talking about, but I just thought that it was unreal how all the Imperial polices have no guns except for Taro. Anyhow, I still appreciated how they showed that having a gun in this situation (closed room) was dangerous. For example, we got to see how Taro accidentally/mindlessly shot the other citizens by mistake while trying to shoot Bridal Mask.
There were more plotholes or rather unrealistic moments occurring in this episode. I hope they won't let it become so evident anymore.

Guest alysanne

@Starlitelet: I haven't watched the episode yet.  Does KT know her real identity/connection to Kishokai now?  Or does he just know her as Lala? I think KT at least knows she's really a Korean, so he doesn't defer to her as much, if at all.  In essence, they are of the same status.  I think Taro is just scared of her because of her connections with the Kishokai head honcho.  Also, lotsa people not being able to catch BM is such a comics trope, I think, that we'll probably see that a lot.  LOL

@Starlitelet Because to Kang To and everyone else in the club, she is just a singer. Nobody knows who she is really connected to besides Kimura. Plus, when he talked to her today, he found out she was a Joseon person - so, to him, they are of the same status. 
I think Damsari will be the one to put it together first. He's really questioning Kang To not recognizing him + at the security check point one of his aliases was brought up and he said in his head that Kang To would surely know it - yet he did nothing. 

Guest sunshine4ever

AGB Ratings

Nationwide   Seoul

Bridal Mask:    14.4          14.4

Ghost :             13.3          14.3I do, I do:           9.7           11.0

Archived