[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest xopo17

i watched ep12 2day.......speechless when Shunji keeps stabing the poor dead guy. He seriously went insane...

I think somehow Shunji's pursue of BM is not juz about revenge for his bro but have to do with his pride, he juz cant stand it that he lost to BM all over again and with MD going against him for BM, I think he reaches his limits and the look on his face when he saw the message MD wrote on the cloth tells me that he wont show any mercy anymore. I think he totally gone over the dark side after ep12 and im expecting that he will be more brutal than before, probably killing innocent ppl juz to catch BM.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

i watched ep12 2day.......speechless when Shunji keeps stabing the poor dead guy. He seriously went insane...

I think somehow Shunji's pursue of BM is not juz about revenge for his bro but have to do with his pride, he juz cant stand it that he lost to BM all over again and with MD going against him for BM, I think he reaches his limits and the look on his face when he saw the message MD wrote on the cloth tells me that he wont show any mercy anymore. I think he totally gone over the dark side after ep12 and im expecting that he will be more brutal than before, probably killing innocent ppl juz to catch BM.

I want more MD and KT scenes...I wish they will start making MD hatred towards KT to be lesser. probably a scene where KT save her as KT himself which makes her wonder y...or maybe someone who can see through KT's feelings towards MD and juz tell her. Not expecting MD to like KT but at least not hate him...

For me, Shunji desperation is also stemmed with the need to protect his father (not just to please him as a Kimura son) because if he fails to catch Gaksital, Koshikai will make sure Kimura Taro head rolls. Coupled with the trauma of seeing his brother getting killed by Gaksital bare hands with his own eyes, no way he could ever let Gaksital go. I disagree comments saying that Shunji doesn't like his brother. Just because they doesn't act like Kangsan & Kangto makes their blood ties less thicker. If we can remember, Shunji used to ask Kangto not to be so hard on his brother, and even if Kenji attacked Shunji thinking he was Gaksital, he restrained his brother and try not to hurt him. He even went to Kenji rescue when Gaksital ambushed Kenji car, barely minutes after that. And most importantly, you haven't seen Shunji beating the crap out of Kenji (like how KT treated KS) because of personal rage, no? Therefore, despite how cold Kimura Taro & Kenji treated Shunji, or how he disagreed with their treatment toward Koreans, he still loves them as family. 
About the pride and self esteem thingy, Shunji was never a prideful person. He purposely lost the kendo competition to Kangto. Coming from Samurai (and Imperialist Japanese family), it is seen as insulting, more so losing to a 'Joseon people'. Shunji even cheered Kangto up, because it's true that he doesn't want to be a police officer. More importantly he would sacrifice his pride to help Kangto in achieving his dream. Therefore, the issues he have with Gaksital is not self esteem, but more revenge, his family survival and of course, the jealousy being spurned by Mokdan. To Shunji, Mokdan not only broke his heart, but also betrayed his trust for choosing Gaksital, the masked man who caused him all this pain. With this said I cannot bear to imagine how Shunji would react if he found out Kangto is Gaksital, not because he killed Kenji but Kangto knowingly betraying his trust and friendship, watching him spiral into darkness.
Of course, the above is no excuse for Shunji action. But I feel for Shunji (excellent acting by PKW) and to be honest, there are moments I root for him despite being a badass because I understand where is he coming from. He was not exposed to such pressure and emotional turmoil and now he is losing his sanity. He has no one to confide to, except Kangto but we all (except Shunji) know Kangto has chosen to fulfill his brother legacy and hence forced to turn his back toward him (the sleeping scene is very powerful, a reminiscent of KS-KT scene)
Shunji-ya, noona will hold onto your remaining humanity for you! :( p.s. The sword that Kimura Taro gave to Shunji, it was the family heirloom that child Shunji stole and traded for his Joseon nanny medical fees. Kimura never forgive him for that and in that scene, he not just want Shunji to remove Mokdan, it's also his remaining compassion for Joseon people.

Guest kokky

Sorry its off topic but can someone please give me that site where I can upload a GIF or image in order to put it in my signature? Thanks :)

Guest y101y

I hope the writer and the director will give us an awesome show when MD finds out about KT...Shunji finds out about Gaksital...KT finds out about Rie!!! I can't wait for that moment to come. The setup for these characters are so well done. This is my top drama of all time. I love Joo Won, he is such a great actor. I honestly did not have any plan of watching this show but from the first moment it air, I can't stop now. I know people compare this to Capital Scandal but I wasn't able to finish CS. I loved City Hunter alot but BM tops it for me. BM is alot like CH but somewhat different in its own way. I think BM is more serious drama than CH. I want more BM everyday!!!

@kokky and @cravey thanks so much :)

I have replayed the ending of ep 12 so many times I just lost count. I know every detail and moment of that scene haha. I wonder what I will do when they have their first kiss :P

At this point its clear for me that Kangto loves Mokdan as a woman and not as his sister. I dont think he will develop such feelings for Rie, what do you guys think?

@kokky and @cravey thanks so much :)

I have replayed the ending of ep 12 so many times I just lost count. I know every detail and moment of that scene haha. I wonder what I will do when they have their first kiss :P

At this point its clear for me that Kangto loves Mokdan as a woman and not as his sister. I dont think he will develop such feelings for Rie, what do you guys think?

Guest Lily_Rose

@cravey

I desperately want Mok Dan to fall in love with KT before knowning he's Gaksital too!

Guest racing.pulse

I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but this was quite a video featuring painful emotional scenes from Bridal Mask.
ScreencapsHow do I get screencaps (as high quality as possible, but I'm not expecting much) of the show? I'd like the latest episodes but I know that's asking for much. There were a few nice ones on this thread, I'd like to see if there were more, to make icons/banners. I have an urge to do so after watching some good MV's. :D I'd be satisfied with good caps from even the first few episodes.

Guest Starlitelet

I know this is too early to say, but do you think Kang To will die at the end of the drama? What are your prediction for these people's fates without having much gripe on the comics?

@marie67 could be. Or he could just be the monopolizing type. He has (now had) a dummy for a brother and a mother who doesn't appreciate his effort & his offer for help. He feels alone. He has only one close friend. Then he finds out that the girl who was his puppy love is alive, not dead like he thought. So IMO it's quiet normal for him to feel territorial where she's concerned. She was once "his", she puppy-loved him back and now she shows affection to another. I think it's enough for him to feel jealous. In any case, if there was a measurement or level scale for love, I'd say KT's on level one. Let's say there are three levels. Therefore he has still two more to go ;)
@Starlitelet, u know, not to jinx it I won't say what I think is going to happen in the end, I'll just say what I hope will happen: Kang To & Mok Dan both stay alive. Shunji in a critical moment (possibly a "live or die" situation for Kang To) realizes what's and who's truly important to him & helps Kang To, possibly by getting seriously injured. Mok Dan & Kang To work together and in the end make it appear like Gaksital dies, so that gets taken off of Kang To's shoulders. Ending scene - people mourn but celebrate the hero that was Gaksital, Kang To & Mok Dan are silently overlooking this, holding hands which show us that they're together, flash to a scene where Shunji is back in school teaching children, we are shown a close-up of his face that shows not happiness but peace. And just because this kind of drama can't end without emotional loss and someone has to go, I prefer it to be Mok Dan's father.

Does anyone else think he really looks like a small, lonely and scared kid in this scene? :( vqgqpk.jpg

Ok, jumping on the Kangto/Mokdan train. I wasnt interested in this show at first, but I kept coming back to it. Anyway, I was saying... Thought MD was annoying at first cuz she always needed to be saved, ep.12 showed she's not just a damsel in distress. Liking the two together more and more.

Discussion question!

Shunji says he is becoming a monster and after episode 12, I don't think there is anything that is going to hold him back anymore from embracing his dark side.So my question is.... do you think Shunji can be redeemed? 
I think yes. I know that somebody important has to die in the end... it's like that to all the dramas that usually involve guns, wooden planks and swords ( examples: City Hunter - Kim Young Joo and in King 2 Hearts - Eun Shi Kyung and in MTETS - YangMyung)So I'm guessing that in order for Shunji to redeem himself he would have to die. I know it's horrible to even imagine him dying but I think after all that he did he would have to die to redeem himself via saving kangto/gaksital. (of course he would have to know that Kangto is Gaksital first!) 
it's either that orrrr 
Shunji goes back to Japan because chooses to exile himself. - but I doubt that is going to happen. (the scriptwriter wants BLOOD I TELL YA!)

As for the ending of this drama...I SWEAR if they go all iljimae on me and kill off Kangto of give us a vague ending I do bodily harm to myself... and when i mean that I mean im going to eat tons of cookies and make myself fat... T^T

Guest ricecak3

According to the comic Gaksital it ends KT and MK alive. Hope it is true for the drama also. But I think Shunji will die near the end.
It would be funny if MK kisses KT before she knows he is Gaksital.....it would be considered cheating right? AHAHAH

@ cravey and marie67: I think KT cares too much about MD to be NOT in love with her. But he's not THAT deeply in love with her, yet. He only loves her as the Boon Yi of the past (because all his memories of her are in the past) , though he is definitely falling for the present MD.I really want him to take MD to his secret hiding place in the woods and maybe they can get to know each other better.
I doubt KT will die at the end, but that may be at the expense of MD's life...hopefully not though

Guest alysanne

@DDuk: Good question. I think Shunji is redeemable based on that one scene between him and Kang-to where he reflects on his actions.  The interesting thing about Shunji's character compared to CH's Young-ju, TMTETS's Yang Myung, and K2H's Shi-kyung is that the others were never villains in the story, especially Shi-kyung.  Young-ju and Yang Myung provided some necessary conflict, but not as much or not as dark as Shunji.  If any character deserves the "death as redemption" arc, it may be Shunji.  It's unfortunate and I will cry buckets if it happens, but it will make for good drama.  They have to make it believable, though, and he must really deserve it.
And...oh my, did the ratings just DROP??? :o

Archived