[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest aishageerings

Did anybody else notice the doors to the Asuka Hotel's rooms? The door handles were equipped with card readers. I didn't know that technology was invented then... Hahahaha!

Hi!
I'm new in Soompi, but Bridal Mask is such a nice drama that I cannot not to comment
:x !
Thanks to it I've come to know Joo Won and now I totally love him <3, as an actor and as a person!!!
I also like Park Ki Woong, they are amazing actors. They can express so many emotions in just one look.....and , very important thing, they don't mind being "real" , like the cry Joo Won did when he saw his dead mother, or the ugly smile Shunji did when he saw Mok Dan's letter to Gaksital. Very very good =)

By the way, your comments are awesome, I've always read them.
They are so funny and interesting!

Sorry if my English is crappy, but i'm not an english native speaker XD

Dedicated to all Kangto-Mok Dan shippers. (when one episode gets pre-exempted, my mind goes wild and sometimes marbles are lost. Hopefully i make sense more often then not)

He could feel the warm blood trickling down his leg. His body has stopped trembling. All he feels now is extreme fatigue, his consciousness ebbing. Images flashed before his eyes, he wonders if he is hallucinating, maybe this is the moment a man experiences before he dies.

The sticks beat relentlessly down his scrawny back, blows after blows rain on his arms and legs as he curled into a ball, his rickshaw turned on its side. Yet he pleads: “Please don’t take all my money. My mother is sick and I need to buy medicine and proper food for her.” But his cries are ignored as they tried to wrestle the cash from him.

Blood trickles down his forehead as the world spins around him. Vegetables, shoes came hurling straight at him “Die! You Japanese Mutt! Traitor, Die!” His mother slaps him: “How am I to face your father and tell him I have raised a son like you?”

His mother lying lifeless on the bedding. “Um-ma, can you wake up? I have changed, you can be proud of me now. Can you open your eyes?”

Hyung jumping up and down in excitement: “Kangto-ah, come and play with me” “Hyung? You are alive? This is all a bad dream, right? I dreamt that you were Gaksital, I dreamt that I…..I shot you. It was just a nightmare. You are still an idiot but it’s ok, you are alive, that’s more important than anything else in this world. What are you doing? Why are you putting on that mask? Nooooo!”

“It was you, Kang To. You are Gaksital, you killed my hyung.” Shunji snarled as he pointed his gun at him.

Boon Yi, with tears streaming down her face, the tremor in her voice, the anger, the hatred, the disappointment: “The one who caught and tortured me, the one who tried to kill me, is Young Master, that Lee Kang To?”

He cries as these passes through his mind. With each wretched sob, pain shoots up his leg throughout his entire body. “Lee Kangto, you Imperial Japanese mutt, you Joseon’s traitor, you broke your mother’s heart, you killed your hyung, you killed your best friend’s brother, you almost killed the love of your life. Die, Lee Kangto, die, no one will cry for you.”

The horse leaps over a fallen tree in the forest. One hand instinctively grips the rein and the other tightens its hold on the knife. “Boon Yi……………..” his consciousness surges back as thoughts raced through his mind: “Boon Yi…..is she safe? Did they pursue her? Was she injured?” “Gaksital must not die. I still have make good my promise to Boon Yi, to save her father, to the comrades. My promise to protect her till my last breath.” “Goodbye, Boon Yi. Lee Young, your young master is dead. Erase the memory, the disappointment. Just promise me you will stay alive.” His energy fully spent his face slumps forward but the grip on that knife remains.

Mok Dan sits on the tree stump, heart laden with worry. She clasped her hands together into a prayer “Please dear Father in Heaven, let Gaksital live. Please do not let him die. He is my only hope, my savior.” She looked down at the knife sheath which was clasped in her hands. Savior- the boy who sacrificed his life for hers, the one who gave her this knife, the one whom she waited all this while. Lee Kangto’s face appears in her mind. How could her sweet brave young master turned into this monster? Perhaps this is all a setup by Lee Kangto. But how does he know all about their past? Maybe he knew the Young Master? Even as she tries to convince herself that it’s all falsehood, she finally knows why Kangto’s face looks so familiar. She has seen it before but couldn’t put her finger to it. In the past, those eyes were spewing hatred and anger. Now, they were full of passion and sadness, the same ones she looked into that fateful day when he besieged her to run and stay alive. And that mouth….yes, yes….she has seen it before…..” More confusion and bewilderment comes rushing back. Mok Dan holds her head and shakes in denial “No, why must Lee Kangto be Young Master?” She looks at the sheath and tears roll down her cheeks. “Goodbye, Young Master. I will always love you. But my love isn’t enough and I’ll have to let you go.”

Just then, she hears the sound of horse neighing and the unmistaken clip clops.  Her heart beats rapidly as she leaps to her feet. Sure enough, the horse comes into sight, trudging towards her with its rider slumped on its back. She gasped at the sight and walks over. Her tears flowed as she looks at the bloodied, unconscious man, his lips a ghastly grey. That mouth…….she has seen it many times but it looked strange to her now. No, it looked too familiar, it can’t be….. She didn’t want to but she couldn’t control herself as her hand move forth to take off the mask.

Kangto opens his eyes with great difficulty and sees Mok Dan’s face. “Thank goodness, you are safe. Are you hurt?” He wanted to ask but could not muster the strength to speak. He felt himself drifting into the dark again. But there was something strange about the way she looked. He has seen that look before. Kangto musters all his strength to open his eyes one more time before he sinks back to darkness. Her face. That look. The same one he saw when he told her he is Young Master.  

Guest xopo17

So sad for her, coz she just having love sad and lonely on her life , ckckckck
R_430x0_20120720085517169.jpg
credit: KBS

also i love the scene between JW and PKW they eyes looks so intense and scary....
201207200641241710_1.jpg
credit : KBS

@tucci: I share your opinion of Rie. She's strong and I dislike her solely for the means she uses to get what she wants but, yes, she is, actually, more pitiful than hateful. I mean all the choices that she's made, just as Kang To, I can't fault her for them: the rebels killed off her whole family and destroyed her home all because her father didn't want to help them ( he only wanted to be a neutral bystander in the conflict which would be perfectly sane choice to protect his family) so it's only natural that in her eyes they are worse than the Japanese, orphaned at a young age, homeless and without a person to help and guide her she became a gisaeng, poor girl, and being adopted by Ueno gave her the power to get revenge for all the things that'd been done to her. She is in a way similar to KT (even the noble birth fallen on hard times story - they both do the things that need to be done for them to live).

Many people think that she will eventually realize that KT is Gaksital and that she would protect him: There is a possibility that she could recognize him not by his voice since she was unconcious when he spoke up (and frankly I wouldn't propably recognize him by those 2 words he spoke even though I've been watching scenes with KT all over again since 30th May 8-} I know I seriously need medication for obssessive addiction) but by the desperation in his eyes she saw while he was protecting MD in the gardens. She knows KT loves MD she'd seen the same expression in his eyes while he was watching MD in the prison. Still, I don't think she would protect him because she loves him so much but more to pay him back for his one act of kindness he showed her 5 years ago when he not only saved her life but by doing so, probably for the first time since her parents died, someone treated her like a person who was worth saving instead of living as a lowly gisaeng.

To be honest, I can't help and ship her with Jun :x. Just the way he looks at her is  =P~. So here's my advice to her: Rie, hook up with that hot bodyguard of yours instead of taking orders of that sleazy old man (I don'´t believe he adopted a fully grown gisaeng out the goodness of his heart and her hate of Joseon people - just the scene between the two made me very uncomfortable: the way he touched her  X_X). Katsuyama seems to fancy you a lot plus he's good with his sword and you're not exactly bad either. You're pretty, smart, strong so LIVE you deserve it after all you've come through!

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you my secondary OTP of BM:ws0dia.jpg

@marie67: Thank you for your approval I appreciate it very much and I'm glad I don't bore you with my sometimes long essays on everything I find about BM so interesting and worth noting :) I'll try to improve the size for you when I write a long post (actually, I tried to do it in this post but the next bigger size turned out to be bigger than I would feel comfortable posting so I'll write it probably in bold or large letters :)

To be honest, I've started to watch the Olympics to kill time until the new episode of BM airs (so at the end I improve the ratings but for the wrong show on the wrong TV channel and in the wrong country that's what we call the irony of fate 8-|)

It's 12:36 am CET and I'm off to sleep I-) so...KBS, I SERIOUSLY HOPE THAT AFTER I WAKE UP THERE IS GOING TO BE BOTH THE WRITTEN AND THE VIDEO PREVIEW AS WELL, OR YOU'RE DEAD MEAT b-(

LOL the olympic games bore me do death so ive resorted to the worst thing one could do this summer, which is reading Pride and Prejudice to kill time cuz its the only free book on my ipad among with some other Charles Dickens books which i'd rather not...ANYWHO, I NEED MY WEEKLY DOSE of BM (at least a video preview please) ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAP

Guest sunshine4ever

Thanks DDuk, the opening is awesome!

Here is a music video. Don't think it was posted. I like it. :D You might want to click on it to watch on another window because it has voices and you need to read the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsJD8DjLedQ

Guest mashael

the ep 18 preview is up in http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/gaksital/view/preview/1970116_56102.html

woooow i can't wait

OMG
:x ^:)^ ;))

Guest RoxyYEH

Preview is OUT! :D
http://youtu.be/fMvU7vKio_s
I am so F***ING happy I could die right now! No wait, scratch that... I have to see ep 18!

Guest Starlitelet

Ahhh! Is it just me who's worried that the kissing scene might be too early for our Mok Dan and Kang To? I was hoping that Mok Dan would open up more to Kang To first.

Archived