[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

April 16, 2012

Actors hope to score 'Big' in new show

By Carla Sunwoo koreajoongangdaily.com

Hallyu actors Gong Yoo and Lee Min-jung will star in a new drama titled “Big.” The new show is based on a wacky plot that sees an 18-year-old boy and a successful man in his 30s switching bodies.

The writers behind the drama are sisters Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran who have previously produced hit dramas “You’re Beautiful” (2009) and “The Greatest Love” (2011).

The show is set to air from June and casting is still ongoing. Once the full cast has been recruited, filming will begin.

Others to appear on the show are Miss A’s Suzy and actress Jang Hee-jin.

The drama will be Gong Yoo’s first time regularly appearing on TV in more than five years. He last starred in the 2007 hit drama “Coffee Prince.”

Having achieved fame through “Coffee Prince,” Gong Yoo focused last year on his role in the film “Dogani” (“The Crucible”), a history-making film about the sexual abuse of disabled children.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

errr... so is Suzy and Gong Yoo going to be the OTP? Because that's a HUGE age difference... Maybe he'll be paired up with Lee Min Jung and maybe Suzy will be the 'other girl'.

Lee Min Jung is the female lead of BIG , not Suzy ... no need to worry ^_^

Suzy and Jang Hee Jin are both second female leads ... The plot story is complicated but Suzy will be the love of the 18 years old Kyung Joon and Jang Hee Jin willl be the ex of 30 years old doctor Seo Yoon Jae ...

But in the final Kyung Joon (who enters the body of Yoon Jae) will engage with his teacher Gil Da Ran (Lee Min Jung) who is the fiance of Yoon Jae :lol: :lol: ... and then the love starts

complicated much xD ... ahhh my head hurts

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! After 5 years, GY finally ! *quoted image*

and my excitement turned into something like this..oh june please come right ahead palli!

*quoted image*

welcome lyra_brillantez ^_^ ^_^ ... loved your fanmade poster ... thanks a lot for sharing ^_^

ahhh I'm a bit impatient ... I want to see the pics of their first meeting ... but I think the production team will not release the pics now ( hope the scandal between our Min Jung and Lee Byung Hun won't be the reason -_- )

anyway .. here are more pics of our OTP :

3mb25.jpg

3mb23.jpg

3mb26.jpg

3mb28.jpg

3mb27.jpg

ains ... they look so adorable and comfortable around each other :lol:

@ Couch Kimchi

Guest Yuna08

timpa & nenshi623 .... welcome to the thread  ^_^ ^_^  

seems like Suzy will not be the second female lead ... that role is now on JANG HEE JIN hands

*quoted image*

her latest dramas were SPY MYUNG WOL and WHAT'S UP !

Source : TV Daily

but Suzy is also joining the cast with a supporting role

so apparently miss A' s Suzy is still the 2nd female lead and not Jang Hee Jin, rather she will be the ex-girlfriend.  This is what I read:

So, instead of one body changing overnight, we have two male characters: the 18-year-old is Kang Kyung-joon, who’s in love with Suzy. After he gets into an accident, his soul enters the body of a 30-something businessman, Seo Yoon-jae (Gong Yoo). But adult Yoon-jae has a fiancée (Lee Min-jung) who’s left wondering what happened to her man overnight that left him with an adolescent spirit. Jang Hee-jin has also been cast, playing Yoon-jae’s ex-girlfriend.

Source:  viki

dramabeans

so apparently miss A' s Suzy is still the 2nd female lead and not Jang Hee Jin, rather she will be the ex-girlfriend.  This is what I read:

So, instead of one body changing overnight, we have two male characters: the 18-year-old is Kang Kyung-joon, who’s in love with Suzy. After he gets into an accident, his soul enters the body of a 30-something businessman, Seo Yoon-jae (Gong Yoo). But adult Yoon-jae has a fiancée (Lee Min-jung) who’s left wondering what happened to her man overnight that left him with an adolescent spirit. Jang Hee-jin has also been cast, playing Yoon-jae’s ex-girlfriend.

Source:  viki

dramabeans

that info was posted the day I created the thread ... at that momment the news coming were very confused .... so now we know thta both : Suzy & Jang Hee Jin are 2nd female leads ^_^ ^_^

lyra_brillantez, thanks a lot for the info ... I also saw the news on TV Report ^_^

more of our couple :

htm_2012011910155c010c011.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

hahaha just how I was thinking 3 days ago :lol: .... Moon Yi Joon is confirmed for BIG :lol: :lol: thanks a lot to Min Jung DC Gall for the news ^_^

sorry for the google translate x_x

Moon Yi Joon talent in two years across the screen and the CRT daehwalyak riding!

20120418_1334705741.jpg

Actor Yoon rub hit maker hongjamae artist two years in cooperation with home theater in the back.

Yoon, colorful rub aired in 2009 MBC ' Queen 'drama in the early pupae scented siyeolyeokui coward yeoteuna Baekje longevity to kill the audience watching you die glorious chest , he rang the bar in 2002, the drama "Romance" debuted with Since the 'hyeonjeongah love', ' twenty ',' Sassy Girl Chun-hyang "," our attitude to cope with separation ',' how jotgilrae ',' Iljimae 'to acting and starred in has built. Rub yun "Sassy Girl Chun-hyang 'second meeting with each subsequent hongja anticipated that once again.

KBS 2TV new drama 'Big' a 'handsome,' My girlfriend is a fox 'the best' love 'and a unique story line topics, which brought a hit maker, Hong Jung Eun - hongmiran author's sequel to the In this work, rub yun heroine, Lee, Min - Jung to crush genuine macho sports teacher was cast nahyosang station.

Rub yun, "" Queen "is a lot of pressure after the comeback, but since Sassy Girl Chun-hyang Hong Jung Eun is to see you again - to say the work of hongmiran jakganim doeeoseo too is an honor for me to be here. Hongjamae not live up to the expectations of jakganim hard shooting will come. I need a lot of attention and love "were the words of advice.

Yun also rub the oily , starring Kim Ah, 'My ps partner as a screen comeback news together in 2012 while spreading active than anyone else, to the point of the second peak is in danger.

KBS 2TV new drama 'Big' a (directed jibyeonghyeon, in Micro / Screenplay Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran, stayed) 'Love Rain' follow-up to the shared and Lee, Min - Jung the main character to cast, and hongja each of the next book of interest in broadcasting since before toast is getting.

Source : JKStars

ohhh ... seems like Suzy's character will be really annoying :blink: :blink:

Suzy of Miss A to Appear in KBS Drama 'Big'

photo232697.jpg

Suzy of the girl group Miss A will appear in the KBS drama "Big". According to the production company Bon Factory on April 16, Suzy will play a mischievous and cheerful girl named Jang Ma Ri, who struggles to keep her own boyfriend.

The romantic comedy drama "Big" will be written by the so-called "Hong sisters", who wrote hit dramas such as "You're Beautiful", "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho", and "The Greatest Love", and it will present an extraordinary story in which the spirit of a eighteen-year-old boy enters the body of a thirty-year-old doctor. Actor Gong Yoo will play the doctor with the soul of a teenage boy named Seo Yoon Jae, and actress Lee Min-jeong Will play his girlfriend and temporary substitute teacher named Gil Da Ran. Suzy said, "When I heard the news that I was cast in the drama, I was very glad and could not even sleep well at night due to excitement. I have to learn more, but I will do my best to produce an excellent drama along with other senior actors".

Suzy has already been acknowledged as an actress due to her appearances in the drama "Dream High" and the movie "Architecture 101", and she hopes to become a successful idol actress with her appearance in "Big".

"Big" will begin airing from early June as a follow-up drama to "Love Rain". .

Source : Hancinema

ohhh ... seems like Suzy's character will be really annoying :blink: :blink:

i don't know where you got that from, seeing that the description is pretty vague and from the previous news we know that the younger boy character will get in an accident of some sorts, hence being an easy motive for her to struggle keeping him as a boyfriend along with the soul swapping thing.

anyway, i'm really excited over this drama, gong yoo is just so damn fantastic, brilliant even, lee min jung is a pretty good actress who has been in a few bad dramas, but i liked her movies and suzy is improving a lot, she is nowhere perfect, but she has charisma and a natural feel to her, i want to see her grown as an actress and see the influences of her sunbaes in her acting, 'big' will be a great opportunity for her to learn more.

i don't know where you got that from, seeing that the description is pretty vague and from the previous news we know that the younger boy character will get in an accident of some sorts, hence being an easy motive for her to struggle keeping him as a boyfriend along with the soul swapping thing.

please don't misunderstand me .... I said that because of the info I read at DC and Baidu , plus that article ( the article was redacted by KBS ) give another clue about the personality of Suzy's character

Plus, it's like a trademark of Hong Sisters that the seconde female character is always a very annoying person ... you only need to watch their previous 7 dramas ... so it's not a surprise at all

* welcome everyone * ^_^

Am I one of the few people who's a little iffy about The Hong Sisters? I never really liked any of their works other than My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (I totally loved the ho-ho couple). The reason why I am not too fond of their work is because most of their characters pass off as annoying or over the top exaggeration. It's definitely not the actors' faults because I see a trend in these characters whenever it's written by The Hong Sisters. I find the comedy too overly exaggerated for my taste. The comedy is too too forceful, animated and childish... so it ends up not being funny. It's like slapstick comedy. Just my 2 cents...

Hmm, I get that The Hong Sisters might not be everyone's cup of tea. The choice of projects that they choose come from old movies or children's fables so perhaps that's a part of why the characters are animated and childish. I'm a fan and it probably started from Fantasy Couple. But my favorite Hong sister's drama was Greatest Love. I will say that it's very important to get good subs of their dramas if you're not a native Korean speaker. The reason why I love their writing so much are the metaphors and the meta referencing. It's kind of like Psych in that way. Hmm, perhaps you also need to know Korean pop culture pretty well too. Not sure about that one and maybe someone else can weigh in here. With Psych, you do need to know 80's pop culture. Also, I do know people who saw their dramas with bad subs and they totally missed a lot of comedy and only picked up on the slapstick. In my opinion, the slapstick doesn't even make up half of the reasons why I enjoy them.

I can't wait to see this drama for Gong Yoo but I have to confess not loving the original movie. So I guess I'll take with a grain of salt. But I love Gong Yoo and I think he's funny. I do think if you don't like the overexaggerated characters, perhaps this isn't for you. Because after all he'll have the mentality of a young person in an older guy's body. So expect a lot of childishness. But I hope it'll be cute. :w00t:

As for Jang Hee Jin.... uuuugh. I expect she's going to play another villain. I saw Spy Myung Wol and What's Up and I'm tired of her playing those characters. It actually grates on my nerves. BUT in the hands of the Hong sisters, I hope they make her into a more 3 dimensional villain. Or at least, let me laugh at her.

please don't misunderstand me .... I said that because of the info I read at DC and Baidu , plus that article ( the article was redacted by KBS ) give another clue about the personality of Suzy's character

Plus, it's like a trademark of Hong Sisters that the seconde female character is always a very annoying person ... you only need to watch their previous 7 dramas ... so it's not a surprise at all

* welcome everyone * ^_^

i understand, but the deal is, there is no actual official info or character profiles yet, i think it's too early to judge anything and i've watched every single one of the hong sisters dramas, and while they do tend to have an annoying second lead, some more than others, this time they have 'two' so we don't know how things will really be.

anyway, if the character in the end comes out as annoying by the official profile or previews i give you that, i don't want to cause any fights or dramas, i just want everyone to at this stage of the project be open minded seeing we don't have any actual or any real information.

good news today .... the filming will start tomorrow :w00t::w00t:

plus , DC fans confirmed the cast :w00t: :

s2gyld.png

now ... there are only two options to be Kang Kyung Joon ( our 18 years old male lead ) :

Baek Sung Hyo ....

tumblr_ly08th8sRG1qhxyw0o1_500.jpg

or Shin Won Ho ...

23.jpg

wahhhhhh .... difficult difficult -_- -_-

Source : LMJ Soompi Thread

good news today .... the filming will start tomorrow :w00t::w00t:

plus , DC fans confirmed the cast :w00t: :

now ... there are only two options to be Kang Kyung Joon ( our 18 years old male lead ) :

Baek Sung Hyo ....

or Shin Won Ho ...

*quoted image*

wahhhhhh .... difficult difficult -_- -_-

Source : LMJ Soompi Thread

Excited. I hope it's Shin Won Ho :))

Guest jordi

Who's that Baek Sung Hyo?

This is Baek Sung Hyun - not Baek Sung Hyo - someone made a little mistake :)

I hope BSH will played the role of Kang Kyung Joon, because Shim Won Ho looks like an "idol" and he's don't fit in my opinion... ;)

Archived