[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

Suzy wasn't bad in DreamHigh..she was a bit stuck at the beginning but then she was improving a lot..

anyway I believe GY will manage with the first female lead or the second lead in his own way extremely well..

I think it is great chance for Suzy too.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss another HONG SISTERS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!! I say keep them going :)...Their writing is just so DMN addictive. I also wish to see Lee Min Ho junior& '87 in a hong sister drama, and Kim Soo Hyun would not be bad too. And while we are at it, I want Park Yoochun and also one for Park Yoohwan. :P. A lot of handsome boys, but sadly there arent that good actresses, I mean young ones.Park Shin Hye, and Go Eun Ah are very good actresses, especially Go Eun Ha, she is nailing it in Kpop Ultimate survival...

I cant wait for this one:)

Guest Starlitelet

Am I one of the few people who's a little iffy about The Hong Sisters?

I never really liked any of their works other than My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (I totally loved the ho-ho couple). The reason why I am not too fond of their work is because most of their characters pass off as annoying or over the top exaggeration. It's definitely not the actors' faults because I see a trend in these characters whenever it's written by The Hong Sisters. I find the comedy too overly exaggerated for my taste. The comedy is too too forceful, animated and childish... so it ends up not being funny. It's like slapstick comedy. Just my 2 cents...

welcome everyone :D ... thanks a lot for your comments and contributions!!! ^_^

Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung Confirmed for “Big”

20120413-Gong-Yoo_Lee-Min-Jung.jpg

Yeah..finally he’s back! it’s already positive that Gong Yoo agreed to act on Hong sisters’s new drama, “Big”, alongside with his Mind Bridge-mate, Lee Min Jung (Midas). Soon i’ll be seeing him on small screen again, after five years..wow!!! Besides them, Bae Suzy who had so many compliment of her role on “An Introduction to Architecture” also decided to be back on small screen.

His latest movie, The Crucible, was awesome, successfully making me depressed, but Gong Yoo-ssi please back on your light and witty image. I’m longing for your smile. “Big” is Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran’s project (You Are Beautiful, The Best Love, My Girl Friend is Gumiho), so I can guess the genre, it will be a rom-com fantasy drama.

Gong Yoo will play as Seo Yoon Jae, just an ordinary thirty years old guy but due to a weird situation his soul becomes 18 years old again. Lee Min Jung will take the role as his fiancee, while Suzy will be the lover of his 18 years old soul…what an odd triangle love..

The filming process begin soon this month, since “Big” will be replacing “Love Rain” at KBS start on June 4th.

Source : kdramachoa

Guest VilaVilli

I never really liked any of their works other than My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (I totally loved the ho-ho couple). The reason why I am not too fond of their work is because most of their characters pass off as annoying or over the top exaggeration. It's definitely not the actors' faults because I see a trend in these characters whenever it's written by The Hong Sisters. I find the comedy too overly exaggerated for my taste. The comedy is too too forceful, animated and childish... so it ends up not being funny. It's like slapstick comedy. Just my 2 cents...

Hi, Starlitelet :)

You're not alone. My favourite is MGIAG and My Girl from the Hong Sisters. The rest is not the best... IMHO. But I hope BIG will be like the previous ones I mentioned ^_^ I really want to see Lee Min Jung in a new comedy after Smile, You.

I love Hong Sisters because of Hong Gil Dong :wub: , I also like Gumiho and Fantasy Couple ... their other dramas were 50/50 but we can't deny that they have something special ... let's trust them this time ^_^

more articles bout BIG :

Gong Yoo, Lee Min-jung confirm roles in romantic comedy TV series "Big"

2012041313581513917_1.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Lee Min-jung have decided to play in famed scriptwriters Hong Jung-eun and Hong Mi-ran's TV series "Big."

The pair's forthcoming series is set to hit the airwaves in June, though the show's broadcaster has not been decided yet, the drama's distributer Born Factory said in a statement this morning.

In the drama, Gong is to play the male lead named Suh Yoon-jae in his 30s, who has a 18-year-old's soul inside, while Lee is to play Suh's fiancee, Gil Da-ran.

"Big" is Gong's comeback project after starring in MBC's "Coffee Prince" five years ago, in which he was arguably the biggest star in the cast along with actress Yoon Eun-hye.

Meanwhile, Lee has been building a strong acting career through "Cyrano Agency" in 2010, "Love On-Air" in 2011 and drama "Midas" (SBS, 2011).

An official from the distributor told 10Asia in a short telephone interview on Friday that girl group miss A's member Bae Suzy has been offered a role in "Big," but she has not confirmed to play in the show yet.

"Big" will go into its production once all members in the cast are set.

Source : 10 Asia

Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung, Miss A’s Suzy Involved in Love Triangle at New Hong Sisters Drama

LMJ_GY_Suzy.jpg

The duo hit makers Hong sisters are coming back to television! And they’ve bagged the names of Gong Yoo, Lee Min Jung, Miss A’s Suzy, and Jang Hae Jin to fill the lead cast in their upcoming rom-com project called ‘BIG’.

[FYI, the Hong sisters we mention here are the creative duo behind dramas like ‘You’re Beautiful’, ‘My Girlfriend is A Gumiho’, and ‘The Greatest Love’, not to be confused with the other Hong siblings who’re writing Lee Seung Gi and Ha Ji Won’s ‘King 2Hearts’.]

The plot is about an 18-year-old teenager who suddenly finds himself trapped in the body of a 30-something man (both teenager and adult roles played by Gong Yoo), who also happens to be the fiancé of the teenager’s high school teacher (played by Lee Min Jung). And to make it worse Suzy joining the farce by playing the actual love interest of the teenager. Ugh… What a complicated situation! But with the Hong sisters writing the scenarios, I’m sure it’s gonna be a lot of fun! Can’t wait to see Gong Yoo doing gaga with Lee Min Jung and Suzy!

‘BIG’ is scheduled to start airing in June, taking over the timeslot of Jang Geun Suk-Yoona’s melodrama ‘Love Rain’.

Source : My Drama Diary

Guest Starlitelet

Hi, Starlitelet :)

You're not alone. My favourite is MGIAG and My Girl from the Hong Sisters. The rest is not the best... IMHO. But I hope BIG will be like the previous ones I mentioned ^_^ I really want to see Lee Min Jung in a new comedy after Smile, You.

Hi there VilaVilli ^^!

Oh, I didn't know My Girl is written by The Hong Sisters. My Girl and MGIAG are definitely two of my favorite dramas ^^. So I guess I have some hope in them after-all - haha. I still say that they have knack for a hit or a miss character(s). Their characters can be supremely annoying or utterly adorable/cunning. It's a 50/50 chance really... because I was originally turned off by My Girl and MGIAG due to the overtly exaggerated characters, but I came to love them afterwards :wub:.

I agree! I want to see Lee Min Jung in more rom-coms. Jung Kyung Ho and her totally made it on my top couples list. I keep on imagining Jung In whenever I think of Lee Min Jung now. Perhaps, this drama will be able to overwrite that - haha.

Guest VilaVilli

I agree! I want to see Lee Min Jung in more rom-coms. Jung Kyung Ho and her totally made it on my top couples list. I keep on imagining Jung In whenever I think of Lee Min Jung now. Perhaps, this drama will be able to overwrite that - haha.

They are in my top 5 k-drama couples as well as the Gumiho-couple. I think it will be hard to exceed their chemistry. But who knows...

Guest timpa

Suzy was a lot improved by the end of Dream High, but I think you also have to keep in mind that her character CHANGED a lot. It was supposed to be an emotionless/arrogant type to start off and then gradually become more of a 'real person'.

I haven't seen the movie since I'm not in Korea, but she plays the younger version of Han Ga In's character in the movie Introduction to Architecture which has been #1 at the box office in Korea for 3 or 4 weeks now and the couple of reviews I've read said that Suzy was good in the movie.

I'm still trying to figure out the plot though since it seems like it should be a love rectangle/square. 30 yr old male char engaged to 30 yr old female char... 18 yr old male char, 18 yr old female char.

Suzy is the 18 yr old female. Lee Min Jung is the 30 yr old female char. It says the soul of the 18 yr old male char becomes the 30 yr old male char(Gong Yoo)... So then does the 30 yr old male char become the 18 yr old male char? If so shouldn't there be a younger male actor in the cast?

seems like even here Suzy's acting skills are a hot topic ... and I think she needs to improve a lot , her acting in Dream High was poor -_- but I can understand because Dream High was her first role ....

I think I need to trust her once because I'm so excited with this drama :D

more about the drama :

miss A's Suzy, Gong Yoo, and Lee Min Jung to Hold Script Reading Session for "Big"

5a00275696d45bb6590b3eaafa409489_large.jpg

Recently we revealed that miss A’s Suzy was cast for the upcoming drama “Big.” The main character for the drama will be portrayed by Gong Yoo. His character’s name is “Kang Kyung Joon” and he is an 18 year old that will suddenly wake up in the body of a 30 year old “Seo Yoon Jae”. Lee Min Jung will play “Gil Da Rin” whose fiancé “Seo Yoon Jae” suddenly transforms into the 18 year old body of “Kang Kyung Joon.” (The two bodies will switch)

Now that the major characters have been cast, the script reading will begin on April 14. Gong Yoo’s agency stated, “Gong Yoo has decided to appear on ‘Big.’” Lee Min Jung’s agency stated, “The script of the drama was very good and Lee Min Jung has decided to appear in the drama because of her trust for the director and writers.”

“Big” is gaining a lot of attention because it will be Gong Yoo’s return to the small screen.

“Big” is written by the “Hong Sisters," the two sisters that have written “You Are Beautiful” and “Greatest Love.”

"Big" will have its first broadcast on June 4. Stay tuned to Soompi.com for more information about “Big!”

Source : Soompi News

Hi there VilaVilli ^^!

Oh, I didn't know My Girl is written by The Hong Sisters. My Girl and MGIAG are definitely two of my favorite dramas ^^. So I guess I have some hope in them after-all - haha. I still say that they have knack for a hit or a miss character(s). Their characters can be supremely annoying or utterly adorable/cunning. It's a 50/50 chance really... because I was originally turned off by My Girl and MGIAG due to the overtly exaggerated characters, but I came to love them afterwards :wub:.

They are in my top 5 k-drama couples as well as the Gumiho-couple. I think it will be hard to exceed their chemistry. But who knows...

Hi Starlitelet and VilaVilli...*waves at both*... :D

nice to meet you here, too!...lol...I also love My Girl and MIAG very much...and I'm very happy to see this pairing here...I missed Gong Yoo dearly since Coffee Prince is another of my favorites and I'm very very glad he returned to the small screen...

I'm very sure the lead actors will have amazing chemistry as well and can't wait for the rom-com to start... :wub:

I'm looking forward to our fangirling...hahaha...

Guest meisk

The plot is confusing. Different sites has different translation. :sweatingbullets: But that doesn't stop me for anticipating this drama. I'm quite a fan of Hong Sisters. I've watched all their dramas and my all time favorite is Delightful Girl Chunhyang. This is their first drama and i find it very funny. I'm at least watched it once or twice every year. :D Their other drama also fun and entertaining but DGCH is just different. :)

GY,love him in Coffee Prince and Biscut Teacher and Star Candy. LMJ,i've only seen her in BOF so i'm so excited for her.She is really pretty. :) Suzy,my profile say it all. :lol: I've yet to watch Architecture 101 but from what i've read she improved a lot. She got great reviews from critics and viewers. Choi Kang Hee and Kim Soohyun also praised her. So i'm not worried. Plus,in Hong Sisters drama usually the 2nd lead don't have that big role. Eg., the evil noona in MGIAG,the evil noona (again) in DGCH ,etc. I think it's a great chance for her to be acting with GY and LMJ. :)

Guest VilaVilli

nice to meet you here, too!...lol...I also love My Girl and MIAG very much...and I'm very happy to see this pairing here...I missed Gong Yoo dearly since Coffee Prince is another of my favorites and I'm very very glad he returned to the small screen...

I'm very sure the lead actors will have amazing chemistry as well and can't wait for the rom-com to start... :wub:

Hi limanh *waves back*

It's great you liked the same series :) I agree, we have a high chance to get another enjoyable Hong-comedy with Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung. Can't wait the start too.

Guest Starlitelet

HIII limanh ^^!

I'm so happy to see you here as well!!!

Wow, all three of us enjoyed the same dramas from the Hong Sisters - hehe ^^. For sure, we'll run into each other here again.

I hope everything turns out smoothly for our actors, and that there won't be any huge changes (in terms of withdrawing from the role and all). *cross my fingers

Gong Yoo left a cute message for his fans on "Yoo & I" ( his official fanclub) :

528408_413880191958983_272308562782814_1672016_293760422_n.jpg?w=544

Have you waited for a long time?

Not just for the drama but also for my heart ♥ .. sorry ^ ^

Even if the news confirming the drama were revealed today, in fact I have been in talks with the writers about the drama for a long time.

Personally I have started to prepare for this.

So I have been occupied without let you know

These days I lived like a monk ....

The reason was to prepare myself physically and mentally, and the excitement of starting a new drama after five years.

Still.

Over time, I'm tired of fighting with myself, but I will not lose this tension until the very beginning of the shoot begins.

I have wanted to see the actor Gong Yoo having fun acting, In the moment when the filming start I will leave my nerves behind.

Please everyone ... pray for Kyung Joon who deserves to be loved.

"I'm great ....."

"I'm great ... I've grown .."

P.S : After a long stretch and loosen, finally Spring is here .. ^ ^

I'll see you all with the drama as a spring to make us beat ~!

ah, I feel sleepy (or tired) ...

Translated by me ( sorry if my english is not good T_T ... I did my best :P )

Such a cute and warm msg from Yoo blush.gif ... Yoo oppa, Min Jung unnie and the rest of the cast : FIGHTING!!!!!!! :D

P.S : The pics of the first script reading will be out soon ... just wait a bit ! :D :D

adding 2 names to the supporting cast ^_^ ^_^ :

MOON JI YOON

1332991499-36.jpg

WikiDrama

YOON HAE YOUNG

63550_56345_4236.gif

WikiDrama

P.S : For the moment we don't know if Moon Ji Yoon will be playing the role of Kyung Joon, but I won't be surprised if the production release a state about him in that role because his casting was possible because he worked previously with the PD in Delightful Girl Choon Hyang ( as Ji Hyuk :lol: ) ... and ... uhmmm well he looks so young ^_^ ^_^

Source : LMJ DC Gall & LMJ Soompi Thread

Guest tainocchi

My oppa is back. T.T I guess it's worth the wait but gotta admit it had been a long one. :( I dont know much about Lee Min Jung and Suzy but I trust Hong Sisters and Gong Yoo completely. I did wish for him to be in a Hong Sisters drama while watching Best Love. Cant believe it came true. XD

Guest apricot

OH MY GOD. This is going to be BIG. Haha..Gong Yoo, this hot guy in a Hong Sister's drama? Oh my god, someone rein me in. I'm sooo excited for this drama to come out that I want "Love Rain" to quickly end. Hahaha, anyone with me? Hong Sisters and a soul-switching concept? This will be hilarious and we all know Hong Sisters bring out the laughs.

Actually I'm hesitant about it when I heard Suzy was considering a role in BIG and I phew-ed just now when I saw that she's the second lead. No offence to her acting but when compared to Lee Min Jung, of course the latter is a better choice. She could be stiff, but hmmm is Lee Min Jung stiff at kissing? Hahaha...see how excited I'm about this? ><

Archived