[Drama 2012] Queen In-hyun’s Man 인현왕후의 남자

Guest Iviih

Guest Iviih

I wonder if HJ will read the history books to know what happened to BD 

ohmy.gif I don't know, maybe she will think she is going crazy because no one remembers BD and she does, and so she'll go to the library and will read about him, confirming the fact that he existed 300 years ago! ^^ 

I think that maybe Yoon Wol will give BD another talisman!

If things went back to what they were before the talisman, then this mean Yoon Wol will give another talisman to BD and he'll travel to the future all over again, and while there he'll see HJ in the tv screen and will remember her! He'll run to her and meet her in the red carpert and will kiss her.. .lol *thinking too much right now*

And is Yoon Wol holding a baby in the preview? I think it is just clothes, isn't? The way she holds the baby is strange.... it's clothes......

Btw everyone, I don't think BD likes  Yoon Wol like a man likes a woman. I think he treasures YW because she is the only person who survived  (together with his friend that likes YW) from his house, his entire family is dead now. So I think he considers her part of his family, he likes her like a brother likes a sister.  He even told his friend to marry her... aw. 

I just don't understand why she went to the gisaeng's house, after BD was framed as a traitor, did the people who framed BD sold YW to the gisaeng's house? (YW was a slave at his house)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished epi 6 with subs.  

When BD was discussing "cause and effect", HJ's expressions were priceless.  She actually looked like it was hurting her trying to keep up.  But HJ did surprise him.  You go girl!

His laughter makes me think it's a saving grace because things are so serious and sad for him 300 years ago.  I like this couple.  A female lead who is bold and fearless about her feelings...Her question about the fate of becoming lovers was heartwarming....

Their eyes say it all.;)

I am so thankful there are subs for this drama....

Guest nauna

Aaahh! The ending of this episode just killed me! And here i was just yesterday worrying that the talisman was such a flimsy piece of paper! crazy.gif

And the assassin was reading it as they ended the episode! Is he going to jump forward now? Can't wait to see! And what's going to happen with Minam if everything BD did is now undone?

This show is so twisty, turny, time-bendy...this really was unexpected...I love it!

As for the preview: YW was holding a bundle, but it wasn't really clear to me what it was. Looked more like laundry than a baby to me, but I guess we'll find out nest week. edit: iviih, yeah, it's gotta be what we think it is.

Hi pher4444!  It's nice to see you here! Will you be making any awesome mv's for this drama like you did with TPM? If so, I'll be looking forward to seeing them. 

It really is like a mini TPM reunion on this forum. Guess what they say is true, great minds really do think alike! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edit: Sorry guys, my spoiler tags didn't work first time around, so I just went to hard-to-read yellow.phew.gif

And a Thank you! to jaejoongstolemyheart for the recap and youtube links! I couldn't resist while I waited for my download to finish!

As the recaps in Dramabeans and other commentors have said, it is so nice to have a character, who is not only smart, but uses his intelligence.  Don't get  me wrong.  I love Rooftop Prince.  But, so many times, I have yelled at them to 'go to the library and read the history books!' 

So, I was fist-pumping when HJ took him  to the library . . . to read history books!  LOL  :P

This drama is definitely not the run-of-the-mill rom-com.   The writing, directing, cinematography, ost, etc. all show a great deal of effort, as well as creativity. 

But, they are frugal with their wardrobe budget.  HJ's pink dress, in ep. 8, was worn by one of the girls in "The Marriage Plan" last week.  LOL  :lol:

And, when I first saw HJ's manager, I thought she was Chae Rim.  They share such a close resemblance. :huh:

What a nice surprise to discover this wonderful drama. :D

I'm not sure that the talisman will 'jump' the assassin reading the quote.  I think BD's blood on the talisman is what opens the time portal when he is in danger.  As to how that other assassin came through with BD, it could be that he just slipped through, but would have disintegrated anyway, even if he hadn't been killed.  The talisman is like a safety ticket linking the past to the present for the owner of the talisman.  And, whoever's blood is on the talisman is the owner.  Just like in "Moon Embracing the Sun", the talisman needs some blood (sacrifice) to make it work.  ??? 

huh.gif

TEASER !!!

*quoted image*

인현왕후의 남자' 유인나-지현우, 또 진한 키스신 '후끈'

Queen Inhyun's Man (인현왕후의 남자) Ji Hyun Woo 지현우- Yoo In Na 유인나 in a hot, deep kiss

:wub:

dear you're not alone ! :D

can i faint??? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

me tooooooo...my heart was about jumping out of my body. d*mn the kis is hot!!

Thanks everybody for the updates!

These two... seriously! They're giving me a heart attack!!! They way he's holding her hand before a kiss is SO hot!

But I have to disagree about him being a player. I just can't see him as a player or a ladies man. He surely can talk smoothly and he kept acting innocently though he saw right through her lies but he's not a player. He just likes to tease her :) I don't think he went to gisaeng house after his wife died. What I find really refreshing is that he's not pushing Hee Jin away and he's not denying their mutual growing attraction. He's not the type "my wife died, I will never love again because I want to be faithful to my dead wife".He lost his wife but he's willing  to fall in love again. Thank god he's not emo :D

Boong Do is over all the most appealing male lead I've seen in awhile.

In typical Korean rom-com Han Dong Min would be a male lead. You know, arrogant, narcissistic, with attitude "it's all about me". Of course he would change after falling in love with a heroine. I find it so refreshing that our male lead is such a nice guy from the start. On the paper, Boong Do's perfect (handsome, smart as hell, can kick asses, perfect manners) and one might think he must be pretty boring. So kudos to writers and Ji Hyun Woo because Boong Do is everything but boring.

Back to kisses. The first time she kissed him I was shouting "You go girl! Go for it" :D How refreshing is that? That a girl goes for the kiss FIRST? And not because she wants make someone jealous or because of other reasons... she kissed him because she felt attracted to him. So simple and yet so effective.

The second kiss.... made my heart skip a beat. Their parting in a library was... kinda sensual but I didn't hope for another kiss to happen so soon! I literally squealed when he grabbed her and kissed her.   

-------------------------

Time for gifs. Who else wants to sign up for this "cause and effect" lesson?

:D

well said. i keep on nodding reading this!!

what? loss memory? why..............noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...andweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

please please.. the writer should make a very good reason why its happen, n why on HJ remember...

Guest nauna

As the recaps in Dramabeans and other commentors have said, it is so nice to have a character, who is not only smart, but uses his intelligence.  Don't get  me wrong.  I love Rooftop Prince.  But, so many times, I have yelled at them to 'go to the library and read the history books!' 

So, I was fist-pumping when HJ took him  to the library . . . to read history books!  LOL  :P

This drama is definitely not the run-of-the-mill rom-com.   The writing, directing, cinematography, ost, etc. all show a great deal of effort, as well as creativity. 

But, they are frugal with their wardrobe budget.  HJ's pink dress, in ep. 8, was worn by one of the girls in "The Marriage Plan" last week.  LOL  :lol:

And, when I first saw HJ's manager, I thought she was Chae Rim.  They share such a close resemblance. :huh:

What a nice surprise to discover this wonderful drama. :D

I'm not sure that the talisman will 'jump' the assassin reading the quote.  I think BD's blood on the talisman is what opens the time portal when he is in danger.  As to how that other assassin came through with BD, it could be that he just slipped through, but would have disintegrated anyway, even if he hadn't been killed.  The talisman is like a safety ticket linking the past to the present for the owner of the talisman.  And, whoever's blood is on the talisman is the owner.  Just like in "Moon Embracing the Sun", the talisman needs some blood (sacrifice) to make it work.  ??? 

*quoted image*

I've had the same thought about the library myself! And the same reaction to BD and HJ's visit! biggrin.gif

As to the assassin

I agree that the blood on the talisman is the key to opening the portal. But is it possible that the assassin's blood is also on the talisman from their first encounter in the library?  That's more where my curiosity stems from. Does the talisman also have the assassin's blood on it, and if so, does that mean he can also open the portal? I'm also curious to know for sure if BD can only jump forward if his life is in danger, or if reading the talisman can send him forward in time as well as sending him back. Since the talisman sends him forward when his life is in danger, would it also send him back in time in a life threatening situation happens in the modern world? If so, then would the talisman function the same way for the assassin if his blood is indeed also on it?

Okay, maybe I'm just over-thinking things here, but there are shows I watch that are fluffy and fun and entertaining in a non-engaging way; and then there are shows like this one. You know... well-written, with intelligent characters that act in understandable and relatable ways,(even with an outlandish premise like time-travel), and simply draw you in to their story and make you think. 

Ahh I want to cry just because of the preview... Hee Jin-ah... I agree with what vicious_kid said before, I really like the female character too, which doesn't always happen in dramas (we really only swoon at the men. heh.) I wonder if she's just taking the interactions with DM as part of their drama's promotions, since she obviously doesn't have feelings like that for him anymore. Though that preview with the baby talking and teasing... but she must remember, since she's so upset no one knows who's she talking about.

The scenes in the past are so confusing.... if we take the scenes of which BD lost his memory of, as not having happened... then how can he be safe now? (in his present past) I can't tell since I only watched without subs... but the minister who saved him seems to be so glad he's alive. Surely Min-am must have been executed at this point? Especially if Yoon-wol shows up later too... somehow I feel like they can't be that open and safe if Min-am was not executed.

Aside from the blood on the talisman issue... can it also not work since it's torn in half already?!

Also, from the preview, BD looks like he senses he's missing something important in his memories. And the last phrase that BD says "Queen In-Hyun" - it looks like it triggers something in him!!

Ahhhhh....... I need the next episode!!

sad.gif Awww, man! I totally guessed right that BD would eventually lose the talisman (either in the past or present) and be stuck but I had no idea he'd lose his memory! I thought he'd lose the talisman in the present and maybe HJ would figure out how to "travel" to him but nope. @angelflower - you're right, how can he be safe now if he doesn't have a clue what's going on? tears.gif

EDIT: Top of the page - I can share this article about the car kiss (sorry if it's already been shared) - 

http://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/yoo-in-na-and-ji-hyun-woo-car-072528104.html

Wow!! This thread jumped 5 pages! Thank you everyone for the pics, translations, and the spoilers. I haven't watched the episode yet and all you guys spoilers just killed me!! And here I was thinking that I can still watch this series while it's happy because K2H and RTP is at the point where it is really sad, and now this happens! Ah!!! Can't handle it!! What the heck is the writer thinking about?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!? Oh...I'm not going to survive the week and as a matter of fact, I'm having panic attacks!!!

Okay, now that I have calmed down. It really isn't so bad. (Nope, I'm kidding myself.)

HJ remembers BD because deep down inside she loves him and I guess also because she knew what was going on. BD was time travelled to her era. Everyone else just knew him as a stranger that popped up out of no where. I guess in a weird way of explaining it, not only does she remember because she loves him, but her mind already in another time set, so when everyone's memory was getting erased, she remembered because she was the only person that knew about the time travelling. I know it doesn't make sense.

BD, well, I think he will remember somehow considering HJ's character is the Queen he was/is protecting, then everything in the past about the Queen will trigger something. Plus, I think he loves her too, so the power of love will win over everything.

Even though he forgot what is going on, he can save himself. I'm pretty sure his smartness does not go away along with his memory. He might not remembe what is going on, but if people are after him and he feels unsafe, then he would run and not stay there and get caught.

Well, so if he remembers does the present change back to before he lost his memory or does he get to go to the modern world and introduce himself again?

I really highly doubt the talisman will work for the baddie because if is does then I guess anyone can spill blood on that thing and time travel. Didn't the monk say something a long the lines of it being BD's destiny or something? If there was no indication that anyone time travelled before, then BD would be the only one. Plus, maybe because the talisman already have BD's blood on it, there is no way anyone can spill on it and work for them. Oh...just guessing. I honestly think it would not work for the bad guys or everyone from the Joseon Era will come to the modern world. That would be really weird!

Ay...now the taxi scene keeps popping up now! So, forshadowing!! :tears:

Edit:

He even learns how to drive a car? Did he just buy for her? That is so cool!! Is this the same car as in the trailer where she is driving to meet him?

There shouldn't be much concern about the assassin time-traveling because as someone said, 1) the talisman has actually been broken when it was sliced and 2) that it is related to BG's fate, not anyone else's fate.

Besides, even if the assassin time jumps, he'll probably get flatten by a vehicle anyway because he'll appear right smack in the middle of traffic.  And, he doesn't have the smarts of our favorite time-traveler to jump out of the way.  <_< LOL

Hey, maybe that policeman from RTP will show up and arrest him, while mumbling about all these goof-balls in Joseon costumes, making his life busy.    The policeman will put the assassin in the holding cell, where the assassin meets up with some gangsters.  Voila!  The beginning of a new storyline where the Joseon assassin becomes a member of a 21st C gangster mob.  :w00t:

There shouldn't be much concern about the assassin time-traveling because as someone said, 1) the talisman has actually been broken when it was sliced and 2) that it is related to BG's fate, not anyone else's fate.

Besides, even if the assassin time jumps, he'll probably get flatten by a vehicle anyway because he'll appear right smack in the middle of traffic.  And, he doesn't have the smarts of our favorite time-traveler to jump out of the way.  <_< LOL

Hey, maybe that policeman from RTP will show up and arrest him, while mumbling about all these goof-balls in Joseon costumes, making his life busy.    The policeman will put the assassin in the holding cell, where the assassin meets up with some gangsters.  Voila!  The beginning of a new storyline where the Joseon assassin becomes a member of a 21st C gangster mob.  :w00t:

With a major angst coming, your anticipation just cracked me up...which is what I needed after seeing the preview of ep 9

It's almost 2 AM here. I just finished episode 8 raw. I didn't see this plot twist coming! I can't believe BD's memories has been erased... but he will remember HJ eventually. He has to!

And about only HJ remembering BD... it reminds me of Fringe. Does anybody watch Fringe? The main character was erased from the timeline, so nobody remembered him... like he never existed. But his girlfriend kept seeing him in her dreams though she didn't know who he was. This quote from Fringe can be applied to QIHM too.

There is no scientific explanation, but I have a theory based on a uniquely human principle. I believe you could not be fully erased because the people who care about you would not let you go, and you would not let them go. I believe you call it love.

--------------------------

I bet you all of you have been waiting for those gifs, hahaha

:D Those Joseon boys can surely kiss :D

kiss1.gif kiss2.gif

kiss3.gif kiss4.gif

kiss5.gif kiss6.gif

kiss7.gif kiss8.gif

Guest nauna

LOL! Okay, that...is funny! And you do make a good point about the talisman and BD's fate. Oh, but as long as we're bringing in RTP and turning our assassin into a 21st C gangster, can we have him inflict a little damage on TM and SN while he's at it? Maybe just one quick crossover episode? ;)

It's almost 2 AM here. I just finished episode 8 raw. I didn't see this plot twist coming! I can't believe BD's memories has been erased... but he will remember HJ eventually. He has to!

And about only HJ remembering BD... it reminds me of Fringe. Does anybody watch Fringe? The main character was erased from the timeline, so nobody remembered him... like he never existed. But his girlfriend kept seeing him in her dreams though she didn't know who he was. This quote from Fringe can be applied to QIHM too.

Sorry to cut your post.

Look like you and I are on the same time zone, it's past 2 AM here ^^ and I too, just finished ep 8 raw. Unfortunately today I have to watch it online coz my download is not complete. But no worry, I'm sure I'll rewatch every moment of our couple zillion times waiting for the next episode.

I didn't watch Fringe, but I agree with everyone here, BD is already sensing he's missing important memories, he's struggling now. I hope by the end of episode 9 or ep10 he'll remember HJ.

@Auntie Mame, ha ha, dear, your comment cracks me up with your crossover story :lol:

Iviih, pher4444, for the preview: I agree, Yoon Wol was holding a bundle, looked more like laundry or a basket of food? This was not a baby. Besides, Boong-do said that he lost his memories for the last two months. So I think the time lap here is only a month or so. I hope I heard it correct, but didn't BD and Hee-jin promise to see each other again after one month, when they will spend a whole day for their first date?

Edit

Yayyy, just saw Joonni's post and I checked the recap, I got the time right :)

Thank you so much Joonni, that's speedy fast for a full recap. Wowwww, I'm so happy now we can have a quick recap of QIHM just a few hours after airing. Thank you, thank you.

Run to read Joonni's recap ^^

Guest je_amourx

Omg, I can't get enough of this drama. It's been soooo long since I've had this addiction to a drama (since Coffee House, also not your typical K-drama!) BD is THE PERFECT MAN in Kdrama-Land and in REAL LIFE! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Archived