Chihayafuru

cutiek028

Anime and Manga Josei About Kurata

Chihayafuru_Anime_Poster.jpg

Chihaya Ayase's dream when she was young was to see her older sister become a super model. However, she meets a classmate who tells her she should have a dream of her own. His name is Arata and he also introduces her to Kurata, A Hundered Poems. Kurata is a game that is played competitively in Japan, where verses of poems are printed on small cards and the correct verse must be identified after a part of the poem is called out. Ayase falls in love with Kurata, and she, Arata, and their other intelligent friend Taichi begin playing competitive kurata together. It's a story that begins when they are young and then continues when they begin HS. It's a story about passion and dreams, and friendship, and love.

Childhood Picture

It was made into a 25 episode anime and is also an ongoing manga series.

I just finished the last episode of the anime! It was great! I highly recommend this anime to people who like sport mangas because of the hard working characters, bonds between teammates, and rivalry stories. If you liked Hikaru no Go I also recommend it to you.

The romance was very subtle and wasn't concluded so you may be a little disappointed on that part. But it had many sweet moments of childhood friendship/love and there really isn't a definite indication of who is going to end up with who in the story's love triangle. My heart gave out to a certain character, very similar to how I was cheering on Kairi (Kiley) in Peach Girl.

I really loved it and there is great potential for a second season. Unfortunately I won't be able to continue the manga where the anime left off because the series hasn't been scanlated that far yet. (Volume 5 is been scanlated now and the anime leaves off in Volume 9.)

Guest nauticalblue

I'm not very into sports anime, but Chihayafuru was fantastic. Great characters, great animation, and heck, only Chihayafuru can make a story about a card game THIS interesting and engaging, haha. Taichi is amazing.

I'm not very into sports anime, but Chihayafuru was fantastic. Great characters, great animation, and heck, only Chihayafuru can make a story about a card game THIS interesting and engaging, haha. Taichi is amazing.

I really like Taichi too!

The storyline was so gripping! I like how it moved along so quickly but very naturally. The characters aren't super powerful, they have to work really hard to win!

The animation and the music were amazing! I'm not one to notice music and things like that when I'm watching something, but I thought the music and the timing of this anime was spot on! I really liked it :)

I compared Chihayafuru to a sports anime because of the team/competetive moments :)

Archived