Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ayu-kun said:

sia3

wrote:

»

@churasan

You just reminded me of something that was on mind about Faith.



When I reviewed episode 1 yesterday, Jo Il Shin knew where the portal is. How does he know? And if he knew where it is, why didn't KC know? How is it that KC never asked him about it? I find that there's a little bug in here. Hmph. If KC knew, he did not need ES. He can just camp outside of the portal, ok, I mean build a house there and 24/7 stand guard for it to open.



I don't think CY and KC were ever allies. It seems to me that short lived cooperation was all a scam by DH. KC was just pretending to help ES and CY, but is actually working with DH to get to ES.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • mademoisellesia

    9873

  • LuvMinHo

    4069

  • Maja

    4023

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVENT: a season of swords and destiny!     Welcome to the re-watch party of faith chingus! for those who don't know, august 15 was Korea's independence day. inspired, we decided to

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT! hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover one of the dramas that was part of the re-watch events that we kicked off this quarter with the saeguk theme.

@Maja omo!!!! Come here!! *hugssss* it’s been so long! So happy we called you out to join us once more on a Faith rewatch!!     @Thong Thin hahaha, you are my old student so no need t

@toychoi: whoa? our Dajeang agrees to be held captive by you and not his woman! I think your therapy skills have tremendous positive results then ;) Do keep him in your safe hands until then. But just be sure..and High Doctor wanted me to tell you, that you send her General to her soon..for she misses him..a lot :D and that they have a fishing date that he must attend in time ;)
EDIT: Watching the episodes again, I came across JIS..u know..that loud-mouth man that bribed our General with only 500 nyag..I wonder..has anyone volunteered to dress up as him for the cook-out? Since the cook is taking place where Halloween is spelled all over..and even the dead can be called back to life..for just that one night =))

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll gladly volunteer for the position!

myphim said:

Ayu-kun said:

I was wondering why the Yuan envoy wanted to ES to die so much. Well I know he wants to prevent a whole village to be killed, but if he was really a time traveler, he should keep ES alive since she's making History takes it course

Sorry if I'm saying nonsense I didn't watch the last episodes with subs yet.

There is still so much mystery surrounding the Yuan envoy, SY. We actually don't know that much about him yet. We don't know why he wants ES dead. Hopefully, all our questions will be address in the last two episodes.

I keep on repeating that in my opinion the envoy is HWATA... Might be that my guess is right?

Of course he could be, if he's a time traveler. But then, why would he want ES dead ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toychoi

vangsweetie637 said: @toychoi: whoa? our Dajeang agrees to be held captive by you and not his woman! I think your therapy skills have tremendous positive results then ;) Do keep him in your safe hands until then. But just be sure..and High Doctor wanted me to tell you, that you send her General to her soon..for she misses him..a lot :D and that they have a fishing date that he must attend in time ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

toychoi said: Ayu-kun said:

marrsq

wrote:

»

Just a small fact on smoking...


In 2012 it is estimated that Koreans are the heaviest smokers outside of Eastern Europe, an average of 1,985 per person annually. A whooping 44% of all Korean adults smoke. They are the 2nd highest smokers within the OECD countries and of course it goes without saying the highest in ASIA. Even China is at no 2.


It is in grain into their culture to smoke. Is it bad? DEFINITELY....


But, unfortunately, I LOVE MEN who smokes. So, if you guys are turn off by LMH's smoky smell and taste...JUST So MUCH BETTER FOR ME... 

=))

 

=))
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayu-kun said:

sia3 wrote: »

@churasan

You just reminded me of something that was on mind about Faith.

When I reviewed episode 1 yesterday, Jo Il Shin knew where the portal is. How does he know? And if he knew where it is, why didn't KC know? How is it that KC never asked him about it? I find that there's a little bug in here. Hmph. If KC knew, he did not need ES. He can just camp outside of the portal, ok, I mean build a house there and 24/7 stand guard for it to open.

I don't think CY and KC were ever allies. It seems to me that short lived cooperation was all a scam by DH. KC was just pretending to help ES and CY, but is actually working with DH to get to ES.

Well, I think KC already know where the portal is, its not really a secret location, but I don't know why he thinks he can't go to Heaven without her

He said that he knows where the portal opened (ep 20. min 23, while he was talking with his pledged brothers), but he doesn't know if it will open again in the same place, and when.

Well, if I was crazy about Heaven like KC, I will try to go either way, with or without ES lol

Link to post
Share on other sites


vangsweetie637 said: @toychoi: whoa? our Dajeang agrees to be held captive by you and not his woman! I think your therapy skills have tremendous positive results then ;) Do keep him in your safe hands until then. But just be sure..and High Doctor wanted me to tell you, that you send her General to her soon..for she misses him..a lot :D and that they have a fishing date that he must attend in time ;)
EDIT: Watching the episodes again, I came across JIS..u know..that loud-mouth man that bribed our General with only 500 nyag..I wonder..has anyone volunteered to dress up as him for the cook-out? Since the cook is taking place where Halloween is spelled all over..and even the dead can be called back to life..for just that one night =))

Link to post
Share on other sites

ITS MONDAY..WHERE I AM...
D-DAY - 0...
TISSUES - CHECKEDBUCKET - CHECKEDSTONES TO THROW AT THE COMPUTER - CHECKED
I can't take it..I feel like I can't breathe...like waiting for the AXE to fall on my neck....I just hope our IMJA couple will end up ........... ( I don't know what to fill in here...LOL)
HAPPY MONDAY FAITHLINGS....
As ES has mentioned to Daejang, If you feel crappy and need a pick- me- up you say this chant...AJA AJA AJA AJA AJA  IMJA COUPLE!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toychoi

vangsweetie637 said: @toychoi: Okie. Eun Soo understands now. She says she is awaiting the ever-ready Dajeang when you are done with him ;) and she says she 100% agrees too with her General's decision on staying a bit longer under your security :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

guadi said: Originally, I was going to write another reflection on Faith in this thread, but got side-tracked while lurking at Joonni's blog. So I wrote this long rebuttal piece about Faith and Its flaws there under a different username. Since I was going to write a review of Gongmin's story arc here anyway, I'll re-post what I wrote at Joonni's here. 
I think the politics of the show and Gongmin deserve some love and appreciation. 

In short, Gongmin and Ki Chul are similar in that they want to “possess” people’s heart. Except Gongmin does it for the greater good of his citizens and Goryeo; not for personal gains. If we trace every decision made by Gongmin, we’ll see:

1) Sets out to win the High Doctor’s heart. That bet with Ki Chul in Episode 5 started it all.

2) Works to possess CY’s heart so he can fight for him. That famous speech about a king doesn’t need to fight; he needs to own and let his people fight for him. Start by owning Choi Young, and at this point, it’s still a work in progress.

3) Works to own the scholars’ allegiance. A royal court with no political advisors doesn’t add much political legitimacy.

4) Works to own the citizens’ heart by a) meeting them; hearing their grievances; B) creating policies to help those people such as abolishing slavery, working on land reform, etc…. This was shown when Gongmin was outside the palace meeting his citizens, and later common folks lining up to join the army in Ep. 20.

5) Works to win the ministers’ heart; those who own (or have consensus authority) to move the soldiers. From what I can gather, different clans provide soldiers. By persuading those ministers, Gongmin (and Noguk) persuades the soldiers to fight his battles.

Gongmin has done all of this without wasting a lot of lives. He wins the people’s heart through the power of persuasion.

In Ep. 9(?), where ES gives a little speech about how in heaven there’s democracy; an elected leader chosen by the people. There are debates and public campaigns to win people’s votes; bloodshed not needed in modern democracy. If we look at it through that lens, isn’t that what Song Ji-na is trying to convey? Applying a timeless political theory in an archaic world – at the end of the day, a leader can’t lead without the citizens’ allegiance. In Faith, we see an evolution of (inactive) citizens who now have faith in Gongmin’s reign, and in return, he is a symbolism for, of, and by the people. A contrast to Gongmin’s actions can be seen through Ki Chul’s and DH’s schemes. Ki Chul works to own people’s heart through brute force, intimidation and bribery. DH doesn’t care about the world. As long as he’s alive and well, the world can burn, a homeland can change its name; no care given.

People are jaded by that kind of attitude from political leaders, and Son Yoo’s speech – about the world consists of people like DH and KC and the rest are just dragging along – highlights that loss of faith in humanity. The antagonist of the story represents that pessimistic world view, while the protagonist represents a more optimistic outlook of the world – Gongmin moves to win his citizens’ heart one by one throughout the series; Choi Young and Eun-soo work to revive the meaning of truly living. If I feel inspired, I’ll give my view of Choi Young and Euns-soo’s journey to this point.

I’m not sure if the politics is really that simplistic, but I don’t watch that many sagueks to say otherwise. Maybe in this simplicity, there’s a consistent message Writer Song is showing us.

ETA: I think the political aspect of the show is done very methodically and kind of modern. It's really refreshing  compared to typical political fights seen in many sagueks. Just sayin :)>-

Link to post
Share on other sites

marrsq said: ITS MONDAY..WHERE I AM...
D-DAY - 0...
TISSUES - CHECKEDBUCKET - CHECKEDSTONES TO THROW AT THE COMPUTER - CHECKED
I can't take it..I feel like I can't breathe...like waiting for the AXE to fall on my neck....I just hope our IMJA couple will end up ........... ( I don't know what to fill in here...LOL)
HAPPY MONDAY FAITHLINGS....
As ES has mentioned to Daejang, If you feel crappy and need a pick- me- up you say this chant...AJA AJA AJA AJA AJA  IMJA COUPLE!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning faithlings :)) We are soo close to episode 23 and yet no spoiler pictures :( SBS you are too meanSomeone posted this at Faith FB - the last shooting on set :( cr as tagged 530751_286628328116229_2133947164_n.jpg
I DON'T WANT IT TO END :( I need my weekly dosage of ES and CY 

Link to post
Share on other sites

awesomeduck said: marrsq said: ITS MONDAY..WHERE I AM...
D-DAY - 0...
TISSUES - CHECKEDBUCKET - CHECKEDSTONES TO THROW AT THE COMPUTER - CHECKED
I can't take it..I feel like I can't breathe...like waiting for the AXE to fall on my neck....I just hope our IMJA couple will end up ........... ( I don't know what to fill in here...LOL)
HAPPY MONDAY FAITHLINGS....
As ES has mentioned to Daejang, If you feel crappy and need a pick- me- up you say this chant...AJA AJA AJA AJA AJA  IMJA COUPLE!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@toychoi: OMO? Automatically cured?? OMO..thats great! You are great! We should award you with something..let me ask @myphim to provide u with some sort of award ;) 
@myphim: Do provide @toychoi with a handsome reward :D She was able to cure our Daejange automatically :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..