16 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Haha @msdot and @Lmangla i think the bathrooms used back in time may not be as bad. I had to use a super low toilet with my own rinsing water and went to the forest once to even pee (despite getting chased by my uncle’s boar..yep, you guys heard it right lol) so i can adjust to the bathroom lol. I even showered with a huge pot of boiling water after it cooled down enough to wash lol. So i think the thing i will miss the most is my bed.

super low meaning the ones with the bucket / hole system .. yea own water , i heard - that's for long call.  We have to bring our own toilet roll.      I have been there, in remote area and shower with water boiled from kettle (on charcoal), added to pail of cool water from the well.  I can relate to @vangsweetie637 .   
Have slept on hard mattress , no pillow, surrounded by net.   No fan yea .. 

Been to a place overseas --  toilets in certain areas are like open .. but I managed to hold in, waited till we get a proper rest room. :sweatingbullets:  Else you need to use umbrella.  

But to be chased by a boar .. wow!  You must be something ... :relaxed:

@msdot  I am still on your recaps / adaptation - Pluma83 - not complete yet - mian he :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello to my Faithlings!!!

@violetts @mademoisellesia i am still here!!! :D Did you guys change your usernames from 8 years ago?  Feels good to have a Faithlings reunion!! 

Nope, same username. It's a miracle I remember my login & password, I think the last time I logged in was around 2018. And before that, 2014 ^^"

I remember your prof. V antics and the popsicle man jokes. Good times, good times. It feels it was ages ago. How have you been? :D :D 

--

Based on the current poll, when we see all the things we cannot live without, it's a wonder how Eun Soo managed going from 2010s Gangnam to 1300~ era Goryeo. But I guess we'd also forget modern comfort quickly if we got kidnapped by a medieval looking warrior Psycho. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

LOL... your story gets better and better @vangsweetie637

:loolz:

it would have been funny if we had a scene like this here in this drama;  hahahah...

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I can’t wait to see Popsicle man again! He was actually one of our humor highlights in here despite his villain role lol.

is it this guy? why was he nicknamed popsicle man? did he like sweets or something? melted in the summer heat? ^_^

4509c9bc5c907d1f9189c781fc3873d53656de97

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

s it this guy? why was he nicknamed popsicle man? did he like sweets or something? melted in the summer heat? ^_^

Since we don't want to do spoilers, I think you need to wait until a later episode for the answer. Trust me, it's an apt title!

• LOL 3

27 minutes ago, msdot said:

Since we don't want to do spoilers, I think you need to wait until a later episode for the answer. Trust me, it's an apt title!

I can't wait for that episode to come .. LOL

giphy.gif

May I ask who is this man in purple?  Is he one of the directors?    Wiki Faith stated 2 PDnims.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

About the age difference. I had no problem with it. But I was amazed at all the flak about it on Viki! Brutal. 

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@msdot  I am still on your recaps / adaptation - Pluma83 - not complete yet - mian he :sweatingbullets:

I hope you're enjoying it!

I was so taken with Faith that I wrote an extensive recap/adaptation based on two different video translations and incorporated a few things from Song Ji-na's script and her novels.  It has about 95% of the dialogue and scenes in the series. Some people have told me they liked reading it along with watching Faith  because of additional explanation of plot and people's thoughts and feelings. Also, each episode is broken into two chapters, so it's relatively easy to find a  particular part if you don't want to wade through the whole thing.

If interested in pairing with the rewatch, @mademoisellesia very kindly posted the link at the beginning of this thread, along with some other great websites on Faith. Here's the direct  link to my recap/adaptation:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@Lmangla haha, there were actually rumors my cousins and uncles told me that the boars in the countryside were always more hungry (i went to visit Laos back in 2007, my home country) because the people there are poorer so the conditions are worse. Hence, the boars and dogs fight for anything including feces and even..pee. They can smell and sense it from faraway. Quite absurd if you ask me because it sounded unbelievable. But after this showdown with the boar, i think the rumors have a point :joy:  If i ever time travelled, i hope I don’t encounter this again lol.

@violetts aww it has been 8 years so a few Faithlings have lost their usernames/acct and created new ones which is why i asked if you changed ur name :D but nonetheless, am so glad to meet you again and on this forum again like we did 8 years ago ;) haha yes i went through the same experience you did. Those toilets were glued to the ground so i had to carry a pail of water every time haha and my own toilet paper. This one time, i i even saw my uncle breaking branches to use as toilet paper :sweating: i for sure know that ain’t gonna me :lol:

37 minutes ago, msdot said:

haha i agree! @Lmangla you are going to have to wait for the episode because you won’t be able to miss out on this nickname :D

26 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I can't wait for that episode to come .. LOL

May I ask who is this man in purple?  Is he one the directors?    Wiki Faith stated 2 PDnims.  Thanks!

hmm..i am trying to remember this man too. He does seem to be like the director just given by the action he is doing  :ph34r:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, msdot said:

I hope you're enjoying it!

I was so taken with Faith that I wrote an extensive recap/adaptation based on two different video translations and incorporated a few things from Song Ji-na's script and her novels.  It has about 95% of the dialogue and scenes in the series. Some people have told me they liked reading it along with watching Faith  because of additional explanation of plot and people's thoughts and feelings. Also, each episode is broken into two chapters, so it's relatively easy to find a  particular part if you don't want to wade through the whole thing.

If interested in pairing with the rewatch, @mademoisellesia very kindly posted the link at the beginning of this thread, along with some other great websites on Faith. Here's the direct  link to my recap/adaptation:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25290487/chapters/61317304

Yes , I do  @msdot  You wrote the dialogues so well  that I could relate the conversation and mannerism better as I watched Faith the 2nd time.  It helps a lot.  In fact, I discover something new, be it feelings or reasons or scenes.  Hope I will see and learn more stuff from you guys in the coming Rewatch Party.  :D

@vangsweetie637 or Prof V ... thanks for helping out .. maybe later ... else it's allgood. :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/17/2020 at 1:47 AM, Lmangla said:

EVENT: a season of swords and destiny!

Welcome to the re-watch party of faith chingus! for those who don't know, august 15 was Korea's independence day. inspired, we decided to create an event season focused on saeguks and having a re-watch of some classics. Faith is one of the dramas that was selected along with Empress Ki and Moon embracing the sun.

How will a re-watch party work?

very simple -- tag your friends! let them know you are watching and would like them to join you as well. we are hoping to have at least a small group of 5-10 chingus so that we can watch and enjoy as a group. after all, a drama is more entertaining when you are watching along with others no? we are going to kick start this wednesday, Aug 19. if you are interested, please raise your hand and say you are in -- just so that we know we have company. folks are free to join in at any time just like in a regular drama thread. it does not matter if you are watching this for the first time or if you have watched it before. lets have fun!

every week - we will watch 2 episodes and post right here on this thread. you can watch at your convenience but post your responses to the episode no later than wednesday. so just like mon-tues dramas, we discuss from wed till the following mon/tues. now, if you get excited and start watching more episodes, just be aware that others may or may not have watched them and so may not be able to comment. so if you can, please stick to that week's episodes for posting and commenting. also, please avoid spoilers -- depending on your memory, some may have no memory of the drama. hahaha.... and we may also have chingus watching for the first time.

the re-watch party rules can also be found on the first post of this thread.

here is a sample schedule for the first 5 weeks:

Aug 19-Aug 25 -- ep 1 & 2

Aug 26-Sept 1 -- ep 3 & 4

Sept 2 - Sept 8 -- ep 5 & 6

Sept 9 - Sept 15 -- ep 7 & 8

Sept 16 - Sept 22 -- ep 9 & 10

are you excited? it has been many years since I watched faith. so it is definitely going to be interesting. it feels great that just as we were planning an event, chingus here were also thinking about a re-watch. so cool! lets have fun the next few weeks together eh?

tagging: @Min2206 @leeminhosny @msdot @noor ul ain @H0ney @Thong Thin @CarolynH @mademoisellesia @violetts @vangsweetie637 @CallieP @Time loop  @balletgoddess @htk9207 @Heilo @Nikaa94 @Layali @madmad min @willenette  @kokodus @Alice Wonderland  @nina_mitrokhina 5misnina @zaingh @Aleumdaun @syntyche @Layali @Lee taemin 123 @Smileforu @kdyes @Hohoho @Myhun @Amy323 .............

re: @partyon

I remember there was a TKEM fan who watched Faith recently for the first time and fell for Daejang even more than LG even though she does not like saguek.  I wonder if she is on this list. Any of you remember her name?   @CarolynH?  I think @Heretorant was the one who convinced her. Let's invite her for her comments.

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images in your posts. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

On 8/16/2020 at 12:47 PM, Lmangla said:

EVENT: a season of swords and destiny!

Welcome to the re-watch party of faith chingus! for those who don't know, august 15 was Korea's independence day. inspired, we decided to create an event season focused on saeguks and having a re-watch of some classics. Faith is one of the dramas that was selected along with Empress Ki and Moon embracing the sun.

How will a re-watch party work?

very simple -- tag your friends! let them know you are watching and would like them to join you as well. we are hoping to have at least a small group of 5-10 chingus so that we can watch and enjoy as a group. after all, a drama is more entertaining when you are watching along with others no? we are going to kick start this wednesday, Aug 19. if you are interested, please raise your hand and say you are in -- just so that we know we have company. folks are free to join in at any time just like in a regular drama thread. it does not matter if you are watching this for the first time or if you have watched it before. lets have fun!

every week - we will watch 2 episodes and post right here on this thread. you can watch at your convenience but post your responses to the episode no later than wednesday. so just like mon-tues dramas, we discuss from wed till the following mon/tues. now, if you get excited and start watching more episodes, just be aware that others may or may not have watched them and so may not be able to comment. so if you can, please stick to that week's episodes for posting and commenting. also, please avoid spoilers -- depending on your memory, some may have no memory of the drama. hahaha.... and we may also have chingus watching for the first time.

the re-watch party rules can also be found on the first post of this thread.

here is a sample schedule for the first 5 weeks:

Aug 19-Aug 25 -- ep 1 & 2

Aug 26-Sept 1 -- ep 3 & 4

Sept 2 - Sept 8 -- ep 5 & 6

Sept 9 - Sept 15 -- ep 7 & 8

Sept 16 - Sept 22 -- ep 9 & 10

are you excited? it has been many years since I watched faith. so it is definitely going to be interesting. it feels great that just as we were planning an event, chingus here were also thinking about a re-watch. so cool! lets have fun the next few weeks together eh?

tagging: @Min2206 @leeminhosny @msdot @noor ul ain @H0ney @Thong Thin @CarolynH @mademoisellesia @violetts @vangsweetie637 @CallieP @Time loop  @balletgoddess @htk9207 @Heilo @Nikaa94 @Layali @madmad min @willenette  @kokodus @Alice Wonderland  @nina_mitrokhina 5misnina @zaingh @Aleumdaun @syntyche @Layali @Lee taemin 123 @Smileforu @kdyes @Hohoho @Myhun @Amy323 .............

re: @partyon

Yay!!! Thanks for the tag @Lmangla. I am very happy to join the watch party too. DAEJANG is my favorite LMH character so far. I am going to watch and read @msdot's excellent recap. I am super excited. 

3 hours ago, msdot said:

oooh,  i think I know which one you are talking about. @Lmangla @Min2206 It is indeed a very apt title :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

The osts in this drama are beautiful!!! I still have it saved onto my ipod and even on my phone now :D

@mademoisellesia haha i have a really hard time spelling your name but it’s a unique name! I also see that you are the creator of this thread so does that mean 8 years ago, you were ellibruient (I think the creator was along this name) and changed your username? Don’t mind me asking lol. I remember a lot of Faithlings but just want to make sure I don’t mistaken them for someone else ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Lmangla I'm thinking maybe around or by ep7-8 we can do a Wooldachi poll. By then everyone should be quite acquainted with the important ones. We do give them lotsa nicknames so I'm interested to see what else you guys can come up with this time :D 

The main Woodalchi puppies consist of:

Dae Man (Daejang's pup) - Dragon Ball Hair as you called it. 

Choong Suk - Bujang (second in command) aka. the party-pooper in ep21

Dol Bae - The Cheeky Player

Deok Man - The dumb dumb that was Yoon Kyung Sang (Faith was his debut drama!)

Joo Suk

...will link it with pictures later.

Other notable characters are:

Do Chi (Gongmin's eunuch)

Lady Choi (Choi Young's aunt)

Mambo Siblings 

Noodle Man

Spear Boy

Arrow Boy

Villains:

Ki Chul

Hwa Su In aka Fire Lady

Chun Eum Ja

Yang Sa

Deuk Heung - we called him Snake or Duck-Hindass coz we hate him so much :D 

@vangsweetie637

Spoiler

Peek-a-boo

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Good Morning Chingus :heart:

Uri Daejang is happy to know Faith Village will be active again tomorrow for re-watch.

tumblr_m9qcdsAUXm1qg486no1_500.gif

cr as tagged

**Group Hug** to all  Woodalchi Faithlings

tumblr_mcqhjjZL3T1ruat6po1_500.jpg

cr as tagged

Professor V, aka @vangsweetie637 welcome back. We missed you and your Anatomy class.

Ah yes, I am one of those chingu who lost their username .

I cried  worrying not able to track all my good times faithlings here.

tumblr_maktakoCcn1rwb20s.gif

@Lmangla awesome, will try to weave in and out when time permits.

@H0neyyes, my last watch was 8 years ago, am excited to re-watch again with  Faithlings here again .

@mademoisellesia thanks for the press conference, you make it real. Is good you did a pre-introduction to new chingus here. :love:

@Lmangla hope all your Q are being answered by our long time faithfull @mademoisellesia

@violetts glad to have you back home

@kehrite Welcome aboard

@Min2206are you ready for tomorrow re-watch, I see your excitements with your posts after mid-night.

Are you trying to compete with LMH night owl , hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Love 3

This rewatch party is going to be exciting! :D

@Thong Thin i am so glad to be back too. Professor V is still here ;)

@mademoisellesia  just want to send a hug to you!!! *hugss* let’s all have fun again! :D

@H0ney you are going to have fun here with us. This is actually the 3rd time watching Faith together as Faithlings. 8 years ago, we also did a rewatch. Good times!! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, thanks for posting those conference pics @mademoisellesia; am so used to seeing crew sort of co-ordinate their styles as well as colours for a conference. guess, they didn't do it as much then like now!

and since this is a saeguk and his character was part of the king's guard, did min ho have to take training? to handle swords? to do some fight choreography? to ride a horse?

and I remember thinking it was a strange pairing choice because the actress, kim hee sun, and him had quite an age gap. how did you chingus feel on that before watching? @Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @Ameera Ali @UnniSarah @violetts  -- I remember that initially found it a bit strange visually but once I got into the story, it made sense -- she was a specialty doctor and in our time, that is about an average 13-15 years of study.. and his character was someone fighting wars from a young age and so there is a different kind of maturity -- almost older than you are.. so once I started fighting, it didn't seem as jarring...

I did not see the age gap at all, she looked his age. He looks older and she looks young. 

16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

just post your responses here just like you would in a regular drama thread.

re: @UnniSarah ...

now am curious about your question. kekekek....

am looking at the pic of lee min ho you posted in costume and wondering how much fabric he had to wear -- was it summer when they filmed? and how are those hand cuffs tied? is it a separate piece? .. kekeke, don't mind me -- you will find I tend to ramble on random stuff. LOL. any idea, where the drama was filmed?

A  lot and it was summer. I think LMH prefers to film in winter.

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

aren't we blessed! :)  always wonder how we would feel if we got transported in another time and try to figure out how to wear these new style of clothes. from my vague memory, it feels like they showed this with the doctor character here? or was it another drama? :sweatingbullets: hahahahha...

especially in this dramas that require fight scenes, always wonder about the sword -- is it some sort of plastic? real ones can be quite heavy and how do you handle a weapon without hurting anyone? even if fake, the choreography needs to be both artful as well as fun to watch! so yea, wonder how much time it took to learn those... do any chingus know if min ho had any sort of martial art/judo/tae kwon do type training before he took up this drama?

He did practice sword twirls and some fight techniques. I think he practiced himself, he trained during CH. He did some horse riding I think. 

14 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Again, thanks @mademoisellesia for the info, guess more will come - I began to appreciate more of the drama now with details streaming in,  soon with you guys on the re-watch (will be 3rd for me).  But on 19th, I got 2 dates , lunch and dinner .. ottoke

May 2012 -  One was holding a battery-operated fan, one manual fan and one hand on his bangs, to allow some fresh air ... he was HOT!  

Poor LMH was so hot in the armor yet he managed to look so cool in the drama :lol:

@scrawford Interested in joining the Faith Watch Party.  @Lmangla I think she just watched Faith around a month ago and may have interesting insights.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Behind the Scenes released before episode 1 was aired...

17th July 2012

24th July 2012

31st July 2012

Those of you rewatching, tonight is premiere night - episode 1 (rewatch) and tomorrow is episode 2. I'm contributing my part now by paving the way for your discussion/comment posts on 19/8 - 25/8. Enjoy!!

@mademoisellesia Thank you very much for the BTS videos. LMH is such a happy boy. KSH and LMH seem to have an easy friendship right off the bat. 

The pool scene had me scared for a bit though. I am glad he seems OK after it. Still scary - with all that heavy armor.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@H0ney i am so glad to see everyone in this rewatch party! It’s going to be fun! 

@CarolynH hahahaha! There are more things I haven’t said :joy: oh yes..calling @AgentQuake. Join us?

@Heilo @Joanna Alfson @Heretorant you guys joining us too?

9c063e33a6fb4af89e6960484519e680.jpeg?x=

i think this was one of the official posters used for the drama ;) nice! Daejang! We are coming back for you!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

I remember there was a TKEM fan who watched Faith recently for the first time and fell for Daejang even more than LG even though she does not like saguek.  I wonder if she is on this list. Any of you remember her name?   @CarolynH?  I think @Heretorant was the one who convinced her. Let's invite her for her comments.

@CallieP   Is the fan @scrawford ?   or @Edgar Pordwed?   Hehe

I have to admit that I am ONE of the culprits ... I was also a TKEM fan , then fell hopelessly for Daejang - my apology King Lee Gon :sweatingbullets:

@Thong Thin  Stayed up late last night cos watching all the 4 BTS from @mademoisellesia  Now I am like a zombie 

Agree with @H0ney  With all of the Soompi immortals and legendary Faithlings here, I can't help feeling awed and excited !   Is like going to a movie with my first crush   :relaxed:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1