SCENE CHANGES BACK TO THRONE ROOMNow the king enters, the court ministers all stand respectfully. CY stands alone in the middle of the walkway, and bows his head as the king stands before his throne.
The king sits on his throne and declares that they will begin. CY just stares at the king, his expression unreadable. CY kneels, while Yi Saek reads out the charges against him.
Yi Saek declares that CY was given 7 days to prove his case, and now asks CY to testify or bring in evidence and witnesses. The king speaks up and says he does not know of any evidence, but there is one witness present. CY who was looking down, looks up slowly at the king. The king goes on to say that he himself will testify as witness to prove CY's innocence. JIS gets up to protest, but the king continues that since knowing CY, he has seen CY's character and now testify in the name of the king of Goryeo.
DH stands up to speak as the administrator of Government Affairs. He says the king can only pass impartial judgment on the offender at the royal interrogation. He is not permitted to take sides based on personal feelings. As the king opens his mouth to retort, CY interrupts and says he has somethings to say.
CY says that he has been the Wudalchi Daejang for the past 7 years. Since receiving the king's esteem and trust, he has become arrogant to excess.(OMG, so laughable. What excess?) As to the accusations of compromising weapons quality, by accepting bribery from the military arms dealer, he confesses. The king tries to speak but CY continues. "For the harm this has done Your Majesty," And CY looks down, nodding slightly, expression softening because he means what he says here. "my heart is pained."
The king stands up, angered. CY just continues to look down (and looking so goood!) as JIS triumphantly declares that the Censorate is to decide on the relevant sentencing. The king is still looking shocked.
Yi Saek declares that CY should be sentenced to penal servitude according to the measures of his crimes. He should be detained within the precinct and kept in bondage at the smeltery. The term of the sentence should be 1 to 3 years. The king, (do I see glistening tears in his eyes?) angry and helpless, sits back on his throne looking at CY.

Here are my thoughts again:

iuFPi9rEMuqrv.jpg
I really love that at least, in this scene, our King shows his appreciation and gratitude for acknowleding all the lives our Daejang had to take in order to protect him but then of course, here comes:
iV1uLzvQH9apU.jpg
No wonder he framed our Daejang. He is jealous that our King likes our Daejang more than him :D

The chingook starts by announcing that CY is being tried for the crime of bribery and that he has been given 7 days to prepare/defend himself against the accusations.  Does he have any witnesses or evidence?

King announces that there is no evidence but there is one witness, him.  He will personally testify for him as a character witness.

JIS rises to complain.

Then DH also stands and says:  the purpose of the chingook is for the king to pass impartial judgment.  He cannot take sides because of personal feelings.

Choi Young says he has something to say.

CY: Wudalchi Choi Young, has served as Wudalchi for 7 years.  Since meeting the king, I have become arrogant to excess.  Of the accusation of providing inferior weapons and accepting a bribe, I confess to them.  For the harm I have caused your majesty, it pains me.

The king gets upset.

JIS announces that CY has confessed so the appropriate sentence has to be discussed so the king can give it out.

The sentence is one to three years in a smeltery (a metal refinery).

Then the king looks at CY, CY has this faint smile on his face and a slight shake of his head.  The king notices.

Guest filchiny

@Yuuni:  =)) you sure do love your milk & chocolate. can't blame you for avoiding @vangsweetie637 class then becasue you can never look at milk and chocolate the same way after that class!  =))

Guest Gukja1430292028

mattie2012 said:

The chingook starts by announcing that CY is being tried for the crime of bribery and that he has been given 7 days to prepare/defend himself against the accusations.  Does he have any witnesses or evidence?

King announces that there is no evidence but there is one witness, him.  He will personally testify for him as a character witness.

JIS rises to complain.

Then DH also stands and says:  the purpose of the chingook is for the king to pass impartial judgment.  He cannot take sides because of personal feelings.

Choi Young says he has something to say.

CY: Wudalchi Choi Young, has served as Wudalchi for 7 years.  Since meeting the king, I have become arrogant to excess.  Of the accusation of providing inferior weapons and accepting a bribe, I confess to them.  For the harm I have caused your majesty, it pains me.

The king gets upset.

JIS announces that CY has confessed so the appropriate sentence has to be discussed so the king can give it out.

The sentence is one to three years in a smeltery (a metal refinery). wow...isn't that harsh for just a bribery? can't imagine what the terms are for robbing a house @mphim =))

Then the king looks at CY, CY has this faint smile on his face and a slight shake of his head.  The king notices.

Here we go, the theme of this drama - Faith!

p.s. Eun Soo is actually worried about CY upon knowing he was imprisoned but she has utmost Faith in him that she believes no matter what, disaster or not, tsunami even, he would come. :x :x :x Such strong bond they have already developed....