Favourite and touching scenes for Episode 4  

Love the vibe when Queen Noguk and General Choi Young having a general chat while walking back to her chamber.  The smile on the General was like they have known each other for long time.

Eh2vKqmbS1WZI7kuQLqq3AXvfp3JdD6RPFuBQ11T

Spoiler

Choi Young and Court Lady Choi were startled  the smart & clever Queen Noguk

places her hand on General forehead to check on his condition from the after effect stabbed by Heaven Doctor, Eun Soo

Choi Young eyes stare at the Queen upon hearing her command "Don't die"

elrfTgBvZlwUXQOgUH-9OzxYxQCaZEAuT8aWqFBz

LOL,  @Aleumdaun I am with you.

Love the scene when CY keeps pushing ES out from her new quarters with his hands on her back (like a friendly pat) and she literally still holding to the Celadon hoping to bring back to the future.

CY who has not fully recovered collapsed !

CY : How long did I sleep

HB : About 1 hour since you fainted

CY : I did not faint !

hahahah, how could you denied, General

Doc knows best

4EFc8Jo0zmutMz6ernBKkz5Z2FQVWDt8CZuod091

Hot & angry Daejang !

Spoiler

Awww.. how sweet of him  !

Dxe0BIZA9cWSr74H8NmCNWNxQFU-K32MhDAFZXGa

Can never get bored looking at his eyes !

4v_BUUEy9AF0Zw11284SeIExWinMwkh-qiFMlrcL

Lady luck is with heaven doctor ...

Being rescued and protected by one hot General and one cool Doctor. 

Spoiler

dHYnuTikR0WsXqwfDK80-WAr6tC5DGO0I0yMALs_

Spoiler

Scare the s**t out of me when I see these moving little creature... 

11-e-XUavwYUOSYpPrw0AoSxz9nI_1_LhwDoBlCx

Flashback  ! Young CY rage with anger &  hatred upon seeing his teacher protecting his ex

and get stabbed !  Look at his blazing non blinking eyes..it says all.

Spoiler

uaqrM9TzWiKaNd0N8VSA7u6QbPT5NgcJ9-oMGS94

General Choi Young collapsed and in the state of shock !

hahaha, my perverted mind when ES says "raise his leg for ME "

b1NN8d9Pwc0Ru0wghZgtxlhzwf28y2wRI-GKqlAj

Flashback - CY meet his father on the icy place asking if he can stay with him.

Oh no, don't give up living General .

On the last scene, Court Lady Choi gets Eun Soo all dress up to meet the King.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @syntyche for sharing the BTS of Epi 3 and 4.   
@Thong Thin As always, love your posts and gifs.    Your gif on young CY in rage - his facial expression - daebak! 

giphy.gif

Dear Immortal Faithlings - may I ask if any of you have seen Daejang's 6-pack?  as seen and felt by ES - see her nods of approval.   
Could anyone please kindly share.  :Please:

giphy.gif

can only see this bit .. so little bit

• LOL 7

44 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@Thong Thin As always, love your posts and gifs.    Your gif on young CY in rage - his facial expression - daebak! 
Dear Immortal Faithlings - may I ask if any of you have seen Daejang's 6-pack?  as seen and felt by ES - see her nods of approval.   
Could anyone please kindly share.  :Please:

can only see this bit .. so little bit

:loolz:   another new Pervert Faithlings !

_TPntAfxc3Vpn9TsuwHNiwy69JTGrAmEpdcXsl-9

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

Hi ladies, quickly dropping by. Missed the shenanigans this week due to my home internet connexion giving out. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed by next week! 

Missing this forum and our banter! 

--

On 8/28/2020 at 8:32 AM, Min2206 said:

I mean she's a plastic surgeon, it's only normal and professional that she appreciates the sight she's been given in front of her. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

LOL, I thought we are discussing about very deep, layered subject regarding episode 3-4. It seems like we've jumped straight to anatomy.

The students can't wait to take your classes Prof. V.

@Min2206 Where were you when we did the Abs Event few months ago? You miss out on all the abs! I'm sure you are already hanging around. Hahaha. The real CY may have 6 packs... however actor LMH is never one famous for abs/6 packs/chocolate blocks. The closest to see a satisfying one I'd say is this... very very faint lines. He worked hard for it for this scene, unfortunately just couldn't reach the level other actors could (see Abs event under Event).

Spoiler

V7TyxUu.jpg&key=0c1476097718d246c8169af6

credit as tagged

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, violetts said:

I mean she's a plastic surgeon, it's only normal and professional that she appreciates the sight she's been given in front of her. :lol:

알아 @violetts   I know .. can't help it.  :D It's the great doctor who pointed it out to me.  :sweatingbullets:

39 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOL, I thought we are discussing about very deep, layered subject regarding episode 3-4. It seems like we've jumped straight to anatomy.

The students can't wait to take your classes Prof. V.

Thanks again @mademoisellesia for saving my _____ (the faint-lines pic)..   I went over to see the Event section -- Whoa, a lot of delicious slabs of "meat". :P  Had to stop halfway cause this Daejang is summoning me back here.   

giphy.gif
Like how the King does to him :D

• LOL 4

Hello my Faithlings! 

ya64bS2.gif

So sorry for not coming in sooner! :D been quite busy with RL but it should finally settle down a bit with the weekend, I hope. Skies has finally cleared and the smell of smoke and ash are finally gone. I hope this means the wildfires have finally been put out. 

@Min2206 haha, yes..i am on the works with my first lesson. It is quite incomplete in writing but i will make an announcement as soon as class is ready to be in session ;) :P however, i see that you guys have already jumped into the anatomy wagon as @mademoisellesia stated. All is good because this means I expect participation from you all :lol: there shall be no shy student of mine LOL! 

will be watching episode 3 & 4 soon. I think these episodes are the CPR scene, right?? ;) 

Ah, sharing one of my most favorite chibi art of Faith. I adore and love this. It’s saved on my super old laptop that I used 8 years ago to chat with Faithlings (which my brother was finally able to fix momentarily) and even as my wallpaper on my phone:

Faith_chibi.jpg.a777ef2bf1503b3a5c2e57e5

look at these two!!

:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Min2206 haha, yes..i am on the works with my first lesson. It is quite incomplete in writing but i will make an announcement as soon as class is ready to be in session ;) :P however, i see that you guys have already jumped into the anatomy wagon as @mademoisellesia stated. All is good because this means I expect participation from you all :lol: there shall be no shy student of mine LOL! 

will be watching episode 3 & 4 soon. I think these episodes are the CPR scene, right?? ;) 

Ah, sharing one of my most favorite chibi art of Faith. I adore and love this. It’s saved on my super old laptop that I used 8 years ago to chat with Faithlings (which my brother was finally able to fix momentarily) and even as my wallpaper on my phone:

Hi Prof V @vangsweetie637 Am so looking forward to join your class.  Do I have bring anything or prep?  :sweatingbullets:
  Love your cute chibi art of Imja Couple.  May I use it on my lappy?  

giphy.gif

• LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Lmao that last gif you posted @Min2206. Love how everyone's expression among the Woodalchi is shock and disbelief over what she said but Choi Young is just like 

ba00108c173aa6b7c34b2a0a1454c5ce.gif

(He doesn't say anything, but WE SEE YOU SIR with your eyes casually drifting south, checking out the lady's bare legs.)

C h a o t i c energy 

• LOL 4

Episode 4 Comments

One of the scenes that tickled me in this episode was when Eun-soo sings the names of the Korean kings to the tune of “Twinkle, twinkle little star.” Her bubbly presence is fun to watch. And the King gets a real boost hearing that heaven records his name without the despised “Chung” attached by the Yuan overlords.

0oPeUdk.jpg

At nearly the same time, Choi Young is talking with the Queen, and she’s the second person who intuits that he’s seeking death. It was interesting to see how they talk, facing 90 degrees away from each other for, I assume, propriety’s sake, except for the occasional glance directly at each other. And then he’s quite alarmed when she puts her hand to his head and holds it there. Like any court, I’m sure it thrived on rumor and scandal. What do you think happened to a commoner in Goryeo who was suspected of having an improper relationship with a Queen? 

Spoiler

xFZxToT.png?2

qpwun8D.png?1

But to me the real meat of this episode is the story Choi Young tells the King about what happened when the Red Crescent Moon leaders met with the King. It’s incredibly tragic and a big contributor to Choi Young’s despair, that he and others who had dedicated their lives to protecting the populace, comrades he considered his family, were treated with such cavalier cruelty by the King. He had to watch his lover humiliated and his master, a second father, killed in a fit of drunken pique. Think of the emotions he must have been carrying for the past seven years: survivor’s guilt, shame for not having somehow intervened to protect them, as well as grief at the unjust death of a man he considered a father. And to top it off, his dying master tells him he’ll have to closely protect the odious drunk that just killed him in order to save his comrades. It’s a doozy of a double-bind. It’s incredible that he’s managed to hang on this long, still loyally serving Goryeo’s mostly incompetent kings, one after another over the past seven years. No one could suffer this without being greatly affected, and for him it has resulted in emotional withdrawal from everyone and everything except duty, his wrenching internal pain alleviated only by sleeping or fighting.

9DQnZ5t.jpg?1

These deep-seated emotions make him quite illogical about getting medical help, and his excuses just don’t hold water. He’s trying to finish his work but he’s trying just as hard to die, I think. I have to say this also makes for good drama, drawing us in by seeing this huge vulnerability in an otherwise tough-as-nails, deadly warrior. And doesn’t LMH just excel at portraying strong masculinity and fierce determination, combined with heartbreaking vulnerability or tragedy?! You can see it in virtually every one of his roles.

8yFhHdg.png?1

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Choi Young is getting the hang of Eun Soo’s nagging. Warrior Choi Young finally smiled because of her! Soon enough, her perky attitude would put some life to his sleepy demeanor.

mgrk1Xe.gif

Lol, only the bare leg of Eun Soo can startle our daejang. 

aaa0Hzt.gif

Ooh give me fierce daejang any time of the day!

oy9AN9W.gif

For someone who lacks the desire to live, hearing "don't die" from someone he barely knew must have struck a chord.

Spoiler

gswCgOs.gif

more gifs

Spoiler

319HQtf.gif

jq2tCPH.gif

mVlpokI.gif

KxpdvEv.gif

pqURyzJ.gif

i5OWV7V.gif

SqxW4B3.gif

9LkXarS.gif

MV66JC5.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

14 minutes ago, H0ney said:

I just able to finished ep 4

@Min2206 can you give us the gif when Hwa Soo In flirtings with Gi Choel? hahahahaaaa. I could not focus to watch ep 4 after watching this pair  :bawling:

NB. I just realized that Song Ji Na is a marvel fan. X men inspired her to writes Ki Choel and co, and Spiderman inspired her when writes Healer. JCW was always run on the rooftops there.

I have the same "dirty" thoughts too, between the two ... later, I realized ....umm
Is this the one @H0ney ?  :D

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• LOL 1

finally! watching ep 3 and liking despite the wacky humour and some of the setup, there is kind of bitter pathos that runs underneath. if I had to title ep 3, it would be "what do I look forward to?"

On 8/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, msdot said:

In contrast to the evil pair, we see the beginning of the relationship between another pair that complement our Imja couple: the King and Queen. It’s very sweet, but we discover the seeds of their estrangement when Gongmin mistakes her for a Goryeo captive, and she doesn’t correct him. To my mind that plot point is a bit far-fetched, but I think most dramas in the world would be shortened by 75% if mistaken assumptions were corrected as soon as they were made.

the reason he is more than upset is that for a moment, she gave him hope, something to look forward to. here he was in a foreign land completely tied up without power, without way to make decision for himself. and he knows he is a pawn and to survive, he must tie himself to the enemy. it is humiliating and in some sense degrading that you have are further under the feet of your enemy. and he connected with the queen just because he thought she was someone from his country. he was able to talk openly his frustration, his anger and his disappointment. she was a listening ear and he felt comforted. she gave him something to look forward to that even without really seeing her face or knowing anything about her, he asks if she would be his first wife and he promises to protect her from the princess of yuan. the irony was that he was promising to protect her from herself.. but here he is without power to make decision for himself but promising to protect her if she comforts him... so can see why he is mad -- when you are in a land of despair, when someone gives you for a brief moment, a kind of comfort, won't you be disappointed to find out that comfort was just another lie? and now, here he is back in his country and yet, no one really cares. his courtiers are dead, the others are all loyal to ki cheol and the general he trusts - choi young -- would rather leave the palace.

and with choi young -- so jaded, so exhausted that he doesn't even mind that his body is giving way to illness and he may no longer live. does it matter? he serves a king who will not honour the last king's agreement; he is desperate to return to life as a commoner instead of being squared in by duty. so will disease be an easy way out? so he needs to hear the doctor's words -- he needs some motivation and something to look forward to beyond himself. to find the will to live...

... besides our main characters, am really liking doctor jang and how keenly he pays attention to her. even if he may not have all the modern knowledge or technique, he does not give up and wants to keep finding out medicine/treatment to try keep his patients healthy... so that helps him move forward even when his job seems discouraging...

On 8/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, msdot said:

We’re also introduced to the utterly ruthless pledged siblings of Ki Chul, Flute Guy and Fire Lady, as they dispense with minions who know too much. I’ve often wondered how Ki Chul and his crew ever managed to keep staff, since they regularly killed them or let them be killed. Honestly, who would want to work for these people?! I have to say, though, that Hwa-su-in, the Fire Lady, is fun to watch in a gruesome sort of way, with her I’m-smiling-while-I-kill-you approach to employee performance management.

omo, was thinking of the same -- how does ki chul manage to find anyone to work for him? job fatality rate is so high! but maybe none of these people had a choice anyway?

• Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Okay I’m going to pause for a sec here. Because despite all the hardships she’s been through and how confused she must be, as soon as she gets into surgeon mode, she shows what she truly is: a fearless, determined, intelligent, resourceful, strong woman. I’m a sucker for well written female leads, and KHS killed it with her brilliant interpretation of Eun Soo.

I just-  :bawling:

319HQtf.gif&key=6a76ec376f57ea1eee4bb146

(Thanks to @syntyche for this beautiful gif)

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and with choi young -- so jaded, so exhausted that he doesn't even mind that his body is giving way to illness and he may no longer live. does it matter? he serves a king who will not honour the last king's agreement; he is desperate to return to life as a commoner instead of being squared in by duty. so will disease be an easy way out? so he needs to hear the doctor's words -- he needs some motivation and something to look forward to beyond himself. to find the will to live...

... besides our main characters, am really liking doctor jang and how keenly he pays attention to her. even if he may not have all the modern knowledge or technique, he does not give up and wants to keep finding out medicine/treatment to try keep his patients healthy... so that helps him move forward even when his job seems discouraging...

This is what makes his character so interesting: the internal conflict between his deep sense of duty (fulfilling his promise to his late Master), his guilt as well as his growing personal feelings toward this somewhat weird yet intriguing hot chick that just barged into his life. 

Dr Jang is the best! Really loved his character. His calming presence must have been a real source of comfort for Eun Soo (can you tell I really like Eun Soo, am n°1 stan). I really loved how their friendship developed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, violetts said:

Okay I’m going to pause for a sec here. Because despite all the hardships she’s been through and how confused she must be, as soon as she gets into surgeon mode, she shows what she truly is: a fearless, determined, intelligent, resourceful, strong woman. I’m a sucker for well written female leads, and KHS killed it with her brilliant interpretation of Eun Soo.

I just-  :bawling:

This is what makes his character so interesting: the internal conflict between his deep sense of duty (fulfilling his promise to his late Master), his guilt as well as his growing personal feelings toward this somewhat weird yet intriguing hot chick that just barged into his life. 

Dr Jang is the best! Really loved his character. His calming presence must have been a real source of comfort for Eun Soo (can you tell I really like Eun Soo, am n°1 stan). I really loved how their friendship developed. 

Sorry to cut your post.

KHS is really rocking the Eun Soo role she's perfect for it and it makes sense that she stuck around for 3 years to play the character - she must have known the role was written for her! 

Actually KHS stuck around for 3 years out of loyalty, at the begining, our lovely Eunsoo is not supposed to be the Eunsoo we get now, the character undergo a lot of change.

As for  Dr Jang Bin, he is good for Eun Soo as in Choi Young.

Choi Young was a bright young man but changed for the worst after he witness the death of his teacher whom he followed like a father and shortly followed by the death of his first love.

After that, he feels his life was futile as shown in Ep4 where he no longer has the will to live.

He realises and understand what it means to go through life with burden and pains.

Lee Min Ho portrayed his emotions very well, ranging from sadness to anger and his life changes after meeting fiesty, gangstering Eun Soo .

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Finally, Choi Young is seen smiling and grinning! It's good to know that he has not always been this disinterested. His backstory puts sense to his disinterest, wanting to leave the palace, lack of will to live.

FUQblRa.gif

Spoiler

eRXrsSv.gif

The tension and anguish of the sword scene with the king was intense.

tMWfYhH.gif

DR1q87t.gif

The king's character may lack confidence, but at least he feels responsible for his brother. And the Princess - I like how she speaks her mind, and with sense at that.

Spoiler

ttgpS3b.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

V7TyxUu.jpg&key=0c1476097718d246c8169af6\

I like his abs as is. Don't like the hard washboard abs anyway.  Like flat and tight like this, He doesn't need to be shy of this. Just perfect.:mrgreen:

On 8/28/2020 at 6:57 AM, msdot said:

Episode 4 Comments

One of the scenes that tickled me in this episode was when Eun-soo sings the names of the Korean kings to the tune of “Twinkle, twinkle little star.” Her bubbly presence is fun to watch. And the King gets a real boost hearing that heaven records his name without the despised “Chung” attached by the Yuan overlords. At nearly the same time, Choi Young is talking with the Queen, and she’s the second person who intuits that he’s seeking death. It was interesting to see how they talk, facing 90 degrees away from each other for, I assume, propriety’s sake, except for the occasional glance directly at each other. And then he’s quite alarmed when she puts her hand to his head and holds it there. Like any court, I’m sure it thrived on rumor and scandal. What do you think happened to a commoner in Goryeo who was suspected of having an improper relationship with a Queen? 

But to me the real meat of this episode is the story Choi Young tells the King about what happened when the Red Crescent Moon leaders met with the King. It’s incredibly tragic and a big contributor to Choi Young’s despair, that he and others who had dedicated their lives to protecting the populace, comrades he considered his family, were treated with such cavalier cruelty by the King. He had to watch his lover humiliated and his master, a second father, killed in a fit of drunken pique. Think of the emotions he must have been carrying for the past seven years: survivor’s guilt, shame for not having somehow intervened to protect them, as well as grief at the unjust death of a man he considered a father. And to top it off, his dying master tells him he’ll have to closely protect the odious drunk that just killed him in order to save his comrades. It’s a doozy of a double-bind. It’s incredible that he’s managed to hang on this long, still loyally serving Goryeo’s mostly incompetent kings, one after another over the past seven years. No one could suffer this without being greatly affected, and for him it has resulted in emotional withdrawal from everyone and everything except duty, his wrenching internal pain alleviated only by sleeping or fighting.

These deep-seated emotions make him quite illogical about getting medical help, and his excuses just don’t hold water. He’s trying to finish his work but he’s trying just as hard to die, I think. I have to say this also makes for good drama, drawing us in by seeing this huge vulnerability in an otherwise tough-as-nails, deadly warrior. And doesn’t LMH just excel at portraying strong masculinity and fierce determination, combined with heartbreaking vulnerability or tragedy?! You can see it in virtually every one of his roles.

Yes, I love the back story.  You see a youthful CY, in a sense that he is still idealistic, alive and in love and with his family of warriors. All that changed and you see through his eyes his heartbreak when he was forced to pledged fealty to the king that killed his leader. 

@msdot exactly he shows strength and determination yet vulnerable and tragic at the same time.  I just finished watch a popular Kdrama on Netflix but all the time I keep thinking if only the lead was LMH, I would care for the romance more. Right now it feels tedious. 

I found the scene where Imja went looking for CY in her self-made pair of shorts :joy:. All the Wooldalchis and Wolf-boy did a double take. CY at a loss for words, not that he talks much anyway.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:01 PM, msdot said:

Episode 3 Comments

For those of us that like to see Choi Young suffering, we have plenty of that in this episode. He looks so delicious in his black silk underclothes as he struggles to get up after surgery. Don’t you just want to hold him and pet him all over, telling him he’ll feel better soon? And he does look thinner and more vulnerable, hunched over in pain, just like a man who’s had a serious injury. In that scene I was amused by how the different personalities of the Imja couple are expressed in Eun-soo’s high emotion as she brandishes a scalpel, and his logical, ironic retort, asking her if she’s going to keep stabbing and then healing him. 

As somebody earlier noted, CY called Eun-soo “Imja” in the previous episode. Here he uses the term at least twice when he explains to her why they need to leave the inn. I did a little more research online about the word, “Imja.” One person commented that Song Ji-na said she liked to play with words, and I think this is one of them. Choi Young appears to use it as a respectful “Lady” or “Miss” in the beginning of the series and gradually uses it more tenderly as the series proceeds. I also had to laugh at the definitions of the word in Viki’s “Learning Mode” [A very cool feature if you’re interested in the Korean language]. Their definition of “Imja” was: “water rat, owner, darling.” I think we can safely assume he wasn’t intending that first definition, although he might have been tempted a time or two when she was being so stubborn about leaving. 

On a more serious note, I was struck by the depth of Choi Young’s emotional exhaustion in his petition to the King. You can see it in his face. His despair is being increasingly revealed to us-- that’s his real vulnerability. It’s so sad, and that theme runs through the first several episodes of the series. Song Ji-na wrote in her novel* that, while he’s trying to heal himself with his inner power, he has a vision of his father and speaks to him, telling him how tired he is, that he’s completed his duties except for returning the Doctor, and after that he can die. And I feel for Gongmin; the only man he trusts pleads with him to leave his service. 

We’re also introduced to the utterly ruthless pledged siblings of Ki Chul, Flute Guy and Fire Lady, as they dispense with minions who know too much. I’ve often wondered how Ki Chul and his crew ever managed to keep staff, since they regularly killed them or let them be killed. Honestly, who would want to work for these people?! I have to say, though, that Hwa-su-in, the Fire Lady, is fun to watch in a gruesome sort of way, with her I’m-smiling-while-I-kill-you approach to employee performance management.

In contrast to the evil pair, we see the beginning of the relationship between another pair that complement our Imja couple: the King and Queen. It’s very sweet, but we discover the seeds of their estrangement when Gongmin mistakes her for a Goryeo captive, and she doesn’t correct him. To my mind that plot point is a bit far-fetched, but I think most dramas in the world would be shortened by 75% if mistaken assumptions were corrected as soon as they were made.

Let’s go back to Choi Young; he’s such a terrific character! In Episode 1 we would have to conclude that, like an elite warrior in any century, he is very smart and able to keep a cool head, staying focused on his mission in the midst of a confusing and difficult situation. We see his intelligence again in this episode. He’s smart to play dumb, asking the suspect in a mass murder for his advice in order to gauge his reaction and see what he does with the information. And even while so ill he can hardly focus his eyes, he’s a quick study, changing tactics and suggesting to Ki Chul that they meet privately when he refuses to bend a knee to the King’s authority.

Finally, there’s my favorite scene in this episode, the confrontation between our Imja couple in the Woodalchi barracks. Choi Young’s earlier embarrassment at seeing her bare leg and the Woodalchis’ consternation at seeing her with her pant legs cut off illustrate the conservative nature of that time (Although watching it, I was reminded of present-day Lee Gon not looking at Tae Eul’s bare shoulder in TKEM because he was so aroused). 

Eun-soo tries to play it cool and doctorly to get Choi Young to let her examine his wound. But he irritably brushes her aside. Her frustration, anger and guilt quickly get the better of her, and she throws her medical supplies at him while shouting (and crying) about how she’s been treated. In return he backs her up against a wooden post for a close-in tete-a-tete after first sending his men out of the room with a long stare. I like how the Woodalchi obey him, leaving without a word said. There was something else I liked in Song Ji-na’s novel. She wrote that he sent his men out of the room because they had seen something they shouldn’t have (her bare legs). So his confrontation of her includes protecting her modesty even while he’s angry at her. I held my breath at the close-up of his face, his eyes glaring intently at her from just inches away, while keeping her confined with his arms on either side of her. He’s gotten physically very close to or touched her several times now; it’s no accident. He’s already involved with her, and that involvement is quite a bit more than his oath to send her back, whether or not he’s admitting it to himself. At the end he finally accepts a little help from her, taken by surprise and touched by her quiet plea not to die.

I love LMH in this role. He just disappears into it. Sigh.

*You can read an English translation of excerpts from Song Ji-na’s novel at: https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations. Thank you, thank you, Breathless Survival – you’re terrific!

!

Just love your interpretation of this episode. So on point in describing the depth of CY's character. It was a shame that some viewers could not appreciate his masterful performance of CY.  Loved it when ES was shocked to find out that Psycho was the famous CY. Hit me with a spoon! :joy:

• Like 4
  • Love 1