21 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Episode 17

MelB7Ip5KFZfM5CuNZB_TXAZQaoW-SCvw_kSYaqu

This episode show cases CY and ES took their first major step towards being honest about their feelings for each both in the dialogue and action scenes.

ES hurried over to DH residence and trips over the step as a result of her hastiness to get DH to put a halt to his plot to kill CY. If you ignore the context of that scene, DH still a gentlmen who immediately reaching out to support her.

I LOL  at the scene when LC asked CY, why ES is not with him, the clueless face when he pace up and down with reply “what am I supposed to do next….I don’t know”.. (damn you Daejang ! how can you forget ES )

LC tried to keep the news of ES married to DH from CY but could not and the look on CY face as it slowly (and very subtly) changes to one of shock and disbelief is almost heartbreaking upon hearing the impending wedding. One can only guess what is going through his head at that moment as he works his way through the initial denial and begins to panic.

Hide contents

0Ebd-L5KxlKpRwvrZ3MIWG8sUNJL_COK1eDv31x7

ES all dressed up (ehhhh…I don’t like ES hairdo) ready to meet DH for dinner and ES kept imagining CY everywhere, it was a sweet way of showing how she misses him and is constantly thinking of him where ever she goes in some sense its like CY is her shadow always following her around. 

I love how blunt ES rained down on DH by calling him a patient with narcissistic personality disorder and cheap RickRoll'D because that exactly what he is. He thinks he's more valuable than anyone and a prodigy. One of these days his so called brilliant tactics will totally work against him.

Reveal hidden contents

aTZ62WtiQAHrsvr0BMb2cmLhb7E3JCK-dfch2le6

CY barge his way in to DH residence and in this scene we don't see CY actually draw his blade anymore, especially in front of ES. He knows she doesn't like to see bloodshed. He mostly just hold the sword and hit with it shelt or fought with his bare fists.

I loved it when CY says "that hand! move it!"  damn !!!  Its like him saying "no RickRoll'D touches my woman. Move that hand or lose it"

When CY ask ES to answer his question...how he advances towards ES while she keeps taking a step back until she hits a dead end.

CY moving towards her symbolizes moving forward and embracing the future rather than being held back by the past.

What I loved was when he say that DH fed her poison  “would you marry a man like that... to save me?"  It was more like him coming to terms with the fact that this woman, ES would endure having to put her life at risk , would endure living/marrying a man who tried to kill her,who would may do it again because of greed just so she could protect him from dying. In short she would sign a deal with the devil itself.

Another scene which touches me is when CY says that there are only a few days remaining..for those days “can't you be by my side" you can actually feel and sense what CY means deep down inside his heart.

He wants to savor every single moment he has with her. Even without ES mentioning it he knows that once she leave's this is it ,the end. So while there is still time every moment,every day,every minute & every second counts. Its like give me these remaining last days so I can live remembering them for the rest of my life so, I have a reason to carry on even when you aren't here. When ES mentioned the word “dying”, CY pull her in and embrace her 

Reveal hidden contents

Xzabs48B5MRW5LOcJeXgnl4GEAZs8_GpiQJnoTZd

The thought of her dying was just too painful for him. It triggered the memory of a weak helpless ES dying only days ago when he almost lost her. She spoke of death without any hesitation without  fear and at the same time with the confidence he would save her. It was just too much for him take in. Here was a man who spent his whole life not wanting to live but here she was a woman who would put her own life to risk just so he could live. 

LC's expression when she spoke to ES or when she listened to ES's side of the story was hilarious. It like, "what have you gotten into yourself this time...This girl ..argh does she never learn???  Can't she just sit still." LC and CY are so alike they think the same way when it comes to ES!!

Scene move to ES tip-toe to DH residence trying to search for the journal. I loved the way CY knocked down the spy following her the first time he knocks him down I was ...waaaaaa so kool just in one go,the second I cracked up!! It was hilarious just one effortless knock on the head and his down..lol.DH and KC have crap people working from them.

CY gets immensely amused at her feeble attempts at ransacking the room searching for the pcs of torn journal. I can almost see the wheels in his brain turning as he thinks, "What am I to do with you, my lady?"  And he swoops in immediately to save the day (before she alerts the guards with her clumsiness). When ES turns to find CY and hits him in the chest !….argggg..these two love birds are just so cute !!!..

Then they share a conversation, with Eun Soo mostly whispering throughout the entire conversation while he speaks in his normal monotonous voice. Inside the close proximity room, it's so clear they are looking out for each other in the ways they know of. She's looking for her journal to save him, not finding ways to return to Heaven.

CY tells ES he does not care if he dies and to give up on the journal if nothing being mentioned of her life being in danger.  There’s a little bit of sadness here when CY gives a long stare at ES without saying anything and just leave.

Reveal hidden contents

4g9HzIVbzBg4oDXE2jUZAo1XPL0ojELhbKuGL0cQ

When CY told his Aunt...I am being careful...we are staying in the same palace but I have not visited her...you can see and feel his longing to see ES, how much he misses her. 

And when he talks about ES leaving the next full moon you can sense the atmosphere changing , his tone his body changing to a wind that carries sadness. And when he says that she has no desire to stay here,not even the slightest of heart,you can really feel his heart breaking. Its like deep down he really wished that she would stay back for him.

Finally comes the much awaited scene..Chingus brace your computer screen..

CY enters the throne upon hearing the last minute change in the marriage date. CY uses his inner power , managed to overpower GC freezing hand from his shoulder while his anger eyes looking at ES askingWhat are you doing there?!”  As both facing each other, CY was totally eyeing her lip, then look up at her uttering  'because there’s no other way' then he planted a passionate kiss on her.

It's just so like CY's frontal attack and reminds me of one of the earlier episodes when he claims ES as his woman to save her from GC's clutches. It's like he has this unconscious desire to declare her status as his woman in front of everybody

Reveal hidden contents

5HWr_7Q-iDIw0KYAK6oVfJR0rKhCCGZJkZF1Adct_fpWuyi1fQqDUwkgpoUQlmsdO3EVvOtaI--B1logTO_kllEsbvWaW-05FGeszl9Mz57mCp8H4uoExmh3tPHYnAIYtFEa0s9zOjqdarNvvsH_bsg86e1OhDikRk3RCnHOn60J49e-a4tbbzQM6bLY8cEoHqWmcP0NHHKg3OyxvfV-_OdFyh-1XoBs1BIG5qaNDvsWmWWTycwNunZ1vnwhe1EE0AA0eCc-obU6SHeBSRX2wbWLHnR3GcqN5OUTxgkygozkw7qTNMiMxsOHPYpPk2NE5wLbDE4ZIAe6lY5PZkBQa-Yo3nrpaZoZEwKnMDBd6ZgshKvW7gwKU3sflhIvfgBpxUi2vpk3sQqoUgDbFcIKl09fORMv31aSja66JLYm-2OeBAzlkVZZE7XVaLEYYjo7VbOfY5v4lNa-mjGsk7z3CXakZEyRBLyvFsmHJRxzAHzmWZ_9f5MviZI8Re6g16DdDbRCusi6367FK-QnxixWaWdw04VwChfbK7cwdBMiLUHKMHcvVGV7sKZJ30UYvctw_4YovHGHDqeZ5SYupVVswQbVSiyxqPCPfO1QNYkcK0ZV2HsQv-fuykz9IFK8QzG80Wj-IO8cVZdxtxhT9X84VuWiZmGX0KUx4uRAK2YKhvkF1a_th_gVscpcvGHu=w245-h180-no?authuser=1

CxEs0iVy4VXFNGQbrr4VUzBBjOMv8Mq_iH8wIs3R

kt-4AQlAXsbhA3vwjhBFj39TstlaUT4_83DjloJf

LA_xZ5I5eIQSkJ7hTOoM9YcwDFTmQbThW2LAKp4x

cr as tagged

I used to be able to see your gifs but starting a few days ago, your gifs are no longer visible for me.  There must have been a change. I can still see @msdot because she is from the same region as I am.

I love the part where CY laments that Imja does not even have a single thought of staying. She wants to go back home.  From that you can see that even though CY promises to send her back and will keep his word. He secretly hopes that she  will decide to stay with him and therefore his promise no longer needs to be kept.  She wants to stay.  Poor CY, his hopes seem to be dashed though he would never tell her that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

no one should be queen in this goryeo period. apparently, you get a weird bun hair do and some rather mundane jewelry and not even interesting clothes. so why would they sign up to be queen? lady choi had a much prettier pink outfit and hairdo than eui seon. hahahaha... was laughing at all the expressions of the court when daejang kissed eui seon.. :lol:

• LOL 4

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

no one should be queen in this goryeo period. apparently, you get a weird bun hair do and some rather mundane jewelry and not even interesting clothes. so why would they sign up to be queen? lady choi had a much prettier pink outfit and hairdo than eui seon. hahahaha... was laughing at all the expressions of the court when daejang kissed eui seon.. :lol:

now that you mentioned it, must re-look or watch them .. was so focus on their kissing :loolz:

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

Thoughts on Episode 18

Thank goodness the kiss happened at the end of the last episode so we get to see it all again! It’s a wonderful scene, as Choi Young pauses after kissing her, looking at her for several moments and then turning to Prince Hyung, that utter snake, telling him the marriage cannot be. Then Young looks at her again with a ghost of a smile to reassure her, and no doubt also personally satisfied to have kissed the woman he loves. He even turns back once more after he’s started leaving for prison with the guards to take one last look at her. For her part she’s literally sparkling with love for him. Such a satisfying kiss and aftermath! At the beginning of that scene he apologizes to her in advance, telling her there was no other way, and later in this episode he does the same thing, telling her he didn’t know that they’d moved the wedding up. But I’m quite confident she thought how he had stopped the wedding was just dandy!

oKiFKKq.jpg

XQNIWm9.jpg?1

The King and Queen’s desperate escape with the Woodalchi is more tragic. We say goodbye to the valiant Ju-seok and 23 other Woodalchi who lose their lives, fighting to delay the pursuit of Ki Chul’s minions. They know as soon as they are designated to stay behind that it will be a losing battle, but every one of them stays and fights. Such bravery and faithfulness! I was very touched.

Spoiler

RaE0s3k.jpg

Later we see Choi Young mourning for his men. He shoulders the blame, telling the King that Eun-soo has always come first for him and that the King should let him go. Aside from the fact that it’s almost de rigueur for someone to blame themselves in a K-drama, I found it interesting that Young doesn’t apologize. He made his choice to put Eun-soo first and he lives with the pain that choice has caused him and the King. It’s very honorable and a bittersweet confession.

Spoiler

nHBgWjQ.jpg?1

7weEfVM.jpg?1

Next to the kiss, my favorite scene in this episode is when Young discovers that Eun-soo has been poisoned again [Really, AGAIN?!]. They have what has become a familiar argument. She doesn’t tell him something important because she’s afraid of what it will make him do, whether it’s to fight or to subject him to an odious task to save her. But this time he essentially tells her he doesn’t buy it, that she’s choosing to keep him emotionally distant from her. He’s both angry and hurt that she doesn’t take him fully into her confidence. That statement of his, “Am I still so far from you?” just pierced me with its pain.  

Spoiler

cteFCse.jpg?2

He leaves and she runs after him, hugging him from behind and asking if she can stay, then saying that she’ll love him as much as she can until she leaves. She lays her head against his back and sobs. He blinks away the tears in his own eyes, struck with her confession of love for him along with the thought of her leaving. So utterly sad and sweet.

qsmH3Bv.jpg

All images credit: Scattered Jooni

The camera leaves us there, but here’s how I wanted that scene to end: 

His anger forgotten, he didn’t answer her with words. Instead, he slowly turned around and took her into his arms. At that she cried even harder, and he held her close until her sobs lessened while still fighting his own tears. They were both lost to fate at that moment, trying to comfort each other while a bitter parting rushed toward them.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

Morning girl... have reported to Admin.

Can you try again today.. thanks chingu 

Morning @Thong Thin Managed to sneak in here a bit, pretty busy earlier. 
I can't see your gifs / pics in Epi 17.

Epi 18 is great with all the pics intact!  Great summary as always, chingu!   Glad they replayed the kiss from Epi 17.  The backhug scene was so emotional.  LMH's capability of delivering spontaneous non-verbal expression is just daebak - the anguish and despair on his face when ES could not hold it any longer.

8 hours ago, msdot said:

Thoughts on Episode 18

His anger forgotten, he didn’t answer her with words. Instead, he slowly turned around and took her into his arms. At that she cried even harder, and he held her close until her sobs lessened while still fighting his own tears. They were both lost to fate at that moment, trying to comfort each other while a bitter parting rushed toward them.

And yes to your above ending, would love it with a kiss as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@Min2206

Awww... sorry to have you squeeze in your time here...thanks chingu * BIG HUGS *

Means, the issues still not resolved yet.

Hmmm.....if that is the case, I will not post pixs and gifs for EP 18 thoughts.

I am sorry @Thong Thin if I was not clear. 
Epi 17 still nope, Epi 18 okay! (can see your pics clear)

Hope this clarify above.   

qsmH3Bv.jpg
from yours , as evidence - thank you.   Our "eyes brimming with tears" daejang in pain

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Hope this clarify above.   

from yours , as evidence - thank you.   Our "eyes brimming with tears" daejang in pain

Noted on the gifs still not appearing. Thanks !

Chingu Min ....that Ep 18 thoughts posted up there belongs to @msdot !

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Hope this clarify above.   

41 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Noted on the gifs still not appearing. Thanks !

Chingu Min ....that Ep 18 thoughts posted up there belongs to @msdot !

My sincere apology to @msdot  Must be that dang Daejang playing eyes with me .. cos LMH was in the news today!  
@Thong Thin - lol , what a mess!

The pic with "eyes brimming with tears" is from @msdot:transforms:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Min2206 said:

And yes to your above ending, would love it with a kiss as well.

I was sorely tempted! While writing my recap/adaptation, I wrote an entire love scene there, but then decided Young would be too proper and protective of his own heart to make love to her at that point, when she still has to leave.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, msdot said:

I was sorely tempted! While writing my recap/adaptation, I wrote an entire love scene there, but then decided Young would be too proper and protective of his own heart to make love to her at that point, when she still has to leave.

I read that love scene and how you describe their love making - swooning @msdot with that energy from Daejang !!!!

can you write more pleassseeeeee !   :ilike::Please:

• Like 2

can you write more pleassseeeeee !   :ilike:

I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but I wrote a short story that takes place some years after Faith. It’s titled, “Daejang’s Triumphant Homecoming,” and it’s also on Archive of our Own. Here’s the link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/25692880

Note: Explicit Sexual Content

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, msdot said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but I wrote a short story that takes place some years after Faith. It’s titled, “Daejang’s Triumphant Homecoming,” and it’s also on Archive of our Own. Here’s the link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/25692880

Ohh .. you did not tell me!  How could you let me off this juicy bit?  hahahhahahahhahahha!
:ilike:thank you @msdot   .. see you later  LOL

• Like 2

9 hours ago, msdot said:

Awesome !... will head over to read sometime today :smooches3:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, msdot said:

Thoughts on Episode 18

Thank goodness the kiss happened at the end of the last episode so we get to see it all again! It’s a wonderful scene, as Choi Young pauses after kissing her, looking at her for several moments and then turning to Prince Hyung, that utter snake, telling him the marriage cannot be. Then Young looks at her again with a ghost of a smile to reassure her, and no doubt also personally satisfied to have kissed the woman he loves. He even turns back once more after he’s started leaving for prison with the guards to take one last look at her. For her part she’s literally sparkling with love for him. Such a satisfying kiss and aftermath! At the beginning of that scene he apologizes to her in advance, telling her there was no other way, and later in this episode he does the same thing, telling her he didn’t know that they’d moved the wedding up. But I’m quite confident she thought how he had stopped the wedding was just dandy!

The King and Queen’s desperate escape with the Woodalchi is more tragic. We say goodbye to the valiant Ju-seok and 23 other Woodalchi who lose their lives, fighting to delay the pursuit of Ki Chul’s minions. They know as soon as they are designated to stay behind that it will be a losing battle, but every one of them stays and fights. Such bravery and faithfulness! I was very touched.

Reveal hidden contents

RaE0s3k.jpg

Later we see Choi Young mourning for his men. He shoulders the blame, telling the King that Eun-soo has always come first for him and that the King should let him go. Aside from the fact that it’s almost de rigueur for someone to blame themselves in a K-drama, I found it interesting that Young doesn’t apologize. He made his choice to put Eun-soo first and he lives with the pain that choice has caused him and the King. It’s very honorable and a bittersweet confession.

Reveal hidden contents

nHBgWjQ.jpg?1

7weEfVM.jpg?1

Next to the kiss, my favorite scene in this episode is when Young discovers that Eun-soo has been poisoned again [Really, AGAIN?!]. They have what has become a familiar argument. She doesn’t tell him something important because she’s afraid of what it will make him do, whether it’s to fight or to subject him to an odious task to save her. But this time he essentially tells her he doesn’t buy it, that she’s choosing to keep him emotionally distant from her. He’s both angry and hurt that she doesn’t take him fully into her confidence. That statement of his, “Am I still so far from you?” just pierced me with its pain.  

Reveal hidden contents

cteFCse.jpg?2

He leaves and she runs after him, hugging him from behind and asking if she can stay, then saying that she’ll love him as much as she can until she leaves. She lays her head against his back and sobs. He blinks away the tears in his own eyes, struck with her confession of love for him along with the thought of her leaving. So utterly sad and sweet.

All photos credit: Scattered Jooni

His decision to kiss ES and to be put in prison for half a day was a rash decision. That half day in prison caused the death of his men and near death of the king.  Poor planning and he is grieving in his quiet way. CY does not like displays of grief and tears.  He has this quiet pain  that is hidden in his heart. He is very taciturn. So when he cried out that she still keeps him far away from her.  That is the most he would reveal the hurt she causes him but she is right, if she tells him he will do something rash again to save her life.  He finally tells the king ES has always been first and the queen is the same as the king mentions to his queen.  The king and queen are such a sweet couple. That confession is also CY facing the fact that she is more important to him than his country. 

• Like 4