Thoughts on Episode 10

OK, I admit it: I’m a bit moody about this episode. There’s lots and lots of talking, and while the discoveries people make in those conversations are interesting, I want more action!

In one conversation we see Eun-soo discovering her journal with its tables of numbers. Unfortunately Ki Chul snatches it away from her while she’s still in shock over seeing her signature on it and before she can make out what the calculations really mean. Then she operates on a young man (no, that’s not the action I have in mind!) and learns he’s the person who will found a new Goryeo dynasty (and in the process kill Choi Young). The shocks just keep coming for Eun-soo, who doesn’t know whether she’s sending history in a different direction than it should have gone or whether she’s an integral part of bringing about the history that should be. Either one is quite a burden to bear.

Spoiler

xsGKpMr.jpg?1 

nC3eOHM.jpg

I found Eun-soo’s conversation with Choi Young a bit sad, as she thanks him for all he's done but then bows and basically dismisses him. Hurt and angry, he stalks out of her apartment. Eun-soo’s reluctance to involve him in her affairs out of concern for his safety is a recurring theme in this series, and it keeps them apart for some time. He does specialize in high-risk “frontal breakthrough,” and she’s seen it in action, so her concern is well-founded. Meanwhile he’s driving himself crazy trying to protect her at a distance while hearing a horrendous story about how Ki Chul treated another person on whom he became as fixated as he is on the doctor.

Spoiler

nhzAFBj.png   

zMaS7d6.png?1

Then there’s the discussion between the King and Ki Chul, who wants the King to rely solely on him rather than on independent advisors. The closest thing to action was when Young held his sword to Ki Chul’s throat for impudence to the King, and you know he’s just itching to use it! But the King’s calmer judgement prevails. 

rfW0swg.png?1

The surprise visit by the King to the Manbo siblings was fun and interesting. Anything involving the Manbo siblings is fun to watch with their constant banter, although it’s muted in this scene. Young asks the King to take them in or get rid of them, and I think it wasn’t an idle threat. 

fUPd6FG.png?1

I enjoyed the brief exchange between Ki Chul and Young as well, when Ki Chul wonders in fury why a “rice scum” like Young got to go to the heaven world but only brought back the Doctor. As a commoner, Young can’t just walk away from a noble who’s insulting him, but he gets his licks in by saying that heaven probably knew what it was doing by sending him instead of Ki Chul, who would have stolen it blind. I loved Young’s angry expression, a man of action holding himself back by sheer force of will.

ZbCCy0E.jpg

In a few scenes the loyal but rather dense Woodalchi continue to prove themselves not the sharpest blades in the drawer. Deok-man keeps being fooled by Eun-soo, and Choon-sik distractedly allows the list of advisors to be stolen from him. I guess that’s why they’re soldiers rather than scholars. It’s also true that, for the first time, Young is asking them to do more than simply guard the King, so they’re having to stretch themselves into new competencies.

Spoiler

ycRSewB.png

Finally there’s the murder of potential advisors by Eum-ja and Hwa-su-in (also not what I had in mind for action). I liked Hwa-su-in’s dialogue, one of the few times she gets to shine in all her evil glory. When she comments on the weather, saying, “it’s fresh and nice to ride a horse, or to kill someone,” I can’t help it, I’m eager to hear her next outrageous statement! I’ve had an affinity for evil women for a long time; in 6th grade I chose to play the witch in a Hansel and Gretel play because the witch had the most lines of dialogue. What more can I say?

Spoiler

HPAMeAO.png?1

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 9

Spoiler

gokAuvZ.gif

9ELI0fX.gif

PpAB5zs.gif

nabrAgl.gif

Funny scene when Lady Choi pulled Choi Young aside to warn him against falling for Eun Soo. A mighty warrior being scolded by his aunt. But I think Choi Young is slowly realizing that he is starting to feel for Eun Soo.

And the hair! I got used to his wavy hair in the previous episodes. But his hair now, I am liking a lot. It gives him a bit of angst, but still looks adorable.

6jYQ08d.gif

Spoiler

mqfSK4r.gif

XJIOHMv.gif

xM9JaEQ.gif

Vz4s7oW.gif

Funny scene again with the swordsman in white. Yet another admirer of Choi Young added on the list.

Spoiler

HDc3xAC.gif

5s8VWBk.gif

I am relieved that Gongnim finally has stepped up to the plate and claimed the throne. Literally with the royal attire, and impressively with the treason set-up. Good thing that he has Choi Young and Lady Choi on his side to plot this maneuver. Add to that Noguk – they are finally clearing the air between them. Well, poor Governor was used for their gain, but I guess, to take on such a power like Ki Chul, they would have to pull some strings. And in the process, they got Eun Soo back, as well as the money they needed to secure their foothold.

But Eun Soo didn’t take it too well, feeling betrayed and all. She lied, as Choi Young asked her to, but she probably didn’t imagine that it would lead to her being accused of a crime. Choi Young has a ton of work to do to win her back.

Spoiler

01dSItw.gif

tqO7wzB.gif

qeWDR8a.gif

03R0uXy.gif

oH4vxf4.gif

2j5Lnfk.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome 4

Episode 10

2j5Lnfk.gif

Eun Soo spilling the beans sure gets her into trouble. First, she told Ki Chul that her name is written on the diary, and the numbers might be the coordinates to the gates of heaven. And with her showing him how she got affected by the diary, Ki Chul now knows how to control her. Next, instead of heeding the warning of Choi Young on shutting her mouth, she blurts out who kills him in the future. Talk about bugging one’s head when you tell them how they die in the future. 

dk9MYoL.gif

Spoiler

olJwCx6.gif

I think her mere presence and interaction with the people in the past already affects the future. But interestingly, she’s not messing history - she actually might be a vital part of it. So that spooked her big time. Verbalizing it might be her way of coping. Unfortunately, the palace security is too weak, that all those vital information got in the wrong hands.

In the last episode, the point goes to Gongnim’s team for their maneuvering. Now the point goes to Ki Chul’s team for intercepting valuable information. Of course, cunning Ki Chul would strike back. And so the saga continues.

DIywOUf.gif

Spoiler

p8MSUDF.gif

BFwDpkX.gif

L6KgvjD.gif

• Like 2
  • Awesome 4

Morning Chingus...my thoughts on Ep 10

_hdzwugIPNksmfmgRUHlmYd4Tk7j5-wjrbSZzd_u

Opening scene sees ES in a state of confusion where she slowly flips through the brown faded diary with numbers written and what shocked her most  was her name written on the last page. With teary eyes she starts questioning herself that is not true and is only a dream. GC alarmed by ES reactions places his hands on ES shoulder determine to ask what was written on the diary. GC points to some numbers and ES says is some sort of co-ordinates location which might indicate the door back to heaven. Upon hearing ES words “heaven” GC quickly grabs away the diary.

CY says to Deok-Man“if she is in danger, just pick her up and run, don’t think about fighting”. Mischeivous Deok Man asked  “then can I piggy her back … I will be touching her here….which resulted in Deok Man getting a kick from CY… ( poor Deok Man, first was the head , now the leg)

Before GC arrive,frightened ES tries to look calm by practicing her smile and ask Deok Man if she looks relaxed (lady, what an ackward and fake smile !... be your natural self ) and woodalchi Deok Man replies..you look prettttttttty !

GC notice ES shaky out stretch hand and assure her that she need not be afraid of him. In GC mind, ES is an asset to him and oneway ticket to heaven.

Spoiler

cuD6sQVvYoCu0x9UtdOSaNbokOv4Mz77ABzMtBCb

Deok-man is crushing on ES, awwww he was so cute when he blushingly said she was pretty. 
Sigh. Deok-man darling, sureeee she's pretty, she's got nice legs and all that, there's definitely nothing wrong with your taste. NOTHING. But please please
pleaseeee, I just can't see you inflict even more pain on yourself, since you're only adding another reason for CY to kick you in the a*s if you continue having these "silly" thoughts on the Doctor... We've ALL seen how many times you've got hit and kicked by the mighty Hotchoi. Didn't it hurt?)

hFF7wLB1jenG7kZV-m-5u03xIgKokGEx75J8tZus

CY walk straight to ES and says “Do you know the King takes so much effort to take you out from GC residence? “ , ES replied…is all useless.

Angry ES interrupted saying she is doing fine staying in GC residence. Why must she being charge for committing treason and playing jokes around with ppl lifes.

CY responds, “is that so” and starts the leave but stop halway when ES starts to apologize.

I'm sorry that I made you to kill young prince,sorry for stabbing you, but thank you for surviving, and I am very thank full for protecting me all this while.  

Spoiler

Woot !... ES called CY….. dangshin !!!!

CY sit face to face with ES and asked “what is it” , ES reply ….

With immediate effect,  I will do things my own way and find my way back home.

CY raises his voice “do what”.. ES says .. I know how to handle GC.

Worried CY asked, so did you promised him..ES says she can cook up some story which GC might not even know if its true or false. 

CY sigh and said “Imja !....(wait…. did I hear correctly…CY calling ES ..Imja ?)

I love this scene. ES stand up slowly bows her head goodbye. 

This is basically ES breaking up with him. 
The "break-up" was obviously one sided, but CY respected her enough not to say anything back to her. A headstrong woman that she is, he knows that the more he says something, the more difficult she'd be. He knew better than to argue with her. Speechless, angry, frustrated, he walked away and snarled at Deok instead, threatening the poor guy's life should he fail to guard ES again.

Spoiler

ovjMRTg-fbr-Ynz8Iznpkr-Rrr-witlJZH8uGLtK

For ES, I could clearly see that it DID pain her that she had to initiate this "break-up". However, at the same time, she was also relieved . Why? Because in a way, she released him from his "duty" of having to keep his promise to send her back home. 

(Comments: Is so hard for CY to hold his feelings. Every time she says something that touches his heart, he brings his gaze down and swallows to keep from opening his mouth and saying something that may reveal his feelings.  When she apologized to him, you can tell he was secretly pleased but didn't want to show it. Superb acting LMH ! )

After hearing those gruesome & cruelty stories from his aunt LC, CY closes his eyes, worried. CY sigh further when LC says there’s no way CY can hide or runaway with ES cause GC  power span from Goryeo to China.

Spoiler

5exbyuvDzlib_Q9kxzpK7SYKz1_oFy5pR8qY3Zgc

GM & JB watches as ES did a follow-up check on NG’s scar. ES says the wound heals well and advises JB to make some good tonic as nourishment for NG.

When LC mentioned the boy name as “Lee Sung Gye”, ES could not believe her ears and asked again “what did you say the boy name was”

Spoiler

T8bqjFttGZfkfGoJF3j7gKYQcjGk7wdMQPA0ubbc

ES in shocked ,walks out slowly and  question JB  the fact that if she hadn't come into this period of time, the Queen would have died without her surgery skills, the former king would not have died from poison but from cancer and that LSG would have died.

ES comes to realize that she has been rewriting history since the day she arrived Goryeo..

Will she carry on to save the people around her or will she leave them to die. When she saved NG she had no idea who and how important she was in history. The same has happened  with  LSG, she had no clue who he was...if she would have known who he was, would she have saved him? 

I can imagine the amount of shock she must have felt

She just saved the life of a person who would in the future take CY's life. And that's why she couldn't shut up when CY told her to.

Yes, she needs to stop bringing up future talk because not only is she endangering her life but along with the people around her.

CY recognizes the implications too late and therefore, fails to warn her about shutting her mouth beforehand.

So I wasn't surprised she kicked CY in the butt. She wants desperately to live (her life can be assured as soon as she returns home and she's finally found a way through that diary) but in the Goryeo world she now inhabits, the chances of her dying are higher than that of living.

jWS0MEqvVyB76MfokQ-VQNnJSxQ3CojDXnc2YwU8

Spoiler

Seriously Hotchoi, when ES couldn't shut up about the future and kept yapping on and on to you about how she saved the life of the person who's going to kill you in the future , how many times do WE have to tell you that there's only ONE efficient way of shutting her up.
And it only requires your lips, her lips, while not involving any words at all!

King GM orders CY to draw his sword away. Angry GM growls at GC, “I am tired with your games, what do you want from me and why are you doing this to me ?”

LOL, can see GM saliva spitting out !

Spoiler

gy_qkQY5CJDk79p_kqMZt5R0_22y9QV_Kmx48Xsp

Last scene sees ES starts throwing up after witnessing those  merciless villains killings the innocent without hesitation. And ES was asked to choose among the 3 whom she treasured most;The Queen, JB or General Choi Young.

Why GC choose the queen, JB, and CY? why not the king, queen and CY?

** THE END **

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Seriously Hotchoi, when ES couldn't shut up about the future and kept yapping on and on to you about how she saved the life of the person who's going to kill you in the future , how many times do WE have to tell you that there's only ONE efficient way of shutting her up.
And it only requires your lips, her lips, while not involving any words at all!

Love it!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

CY responds, “is that so” and starts the leave but stop halway when ES starts to apologize.

I'm sorry that I made you to kill young prince,sorry for stabbing you, but thank you for surviving, and I am very thank full for protecting me all this while.  

I love this scene. ES stand up slowly bows her head goodbye. 

This is basically ES breaking up with him. 
The "break-up" was obviously one sided, but CY respected her enough not to say anything back to her. A headstrong woman that she is, he knows that the more he says something, the more difficult she'd be. He knew better than to argue with her. Speechless, angry, frustrated, he walked away and snarled at Deok instead, threatening the poor guy's life should he fail to guard ES again.

Me too, me too -- now I have to go back to Epi 10 again ... lol
love it, love everything you wrote @Thong Thin  :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Swords and Destiny Sageuk Poll 2

A new sageuk poll is up!

• Which is your favorite kiss in a sageuk?
  • Who is your favorite second lead?
  • Who annoys you the most in a sageuk?

Please vote! :kiss_wink:

Thank you!
Your Event Organizers @partyon & @Lmangla

Thanks for the great compilation .. to you @partyon and hardworking @Sleepy Owl:blush:

Spoiler

giphy.gif
GC asking "what about me?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

kekeke... @Min2206 ~ faith produces a lot of funny gifs that would be hilarious for reactions or memes. :D

welcome to the thread @bealefay; feel free to jump in and post your thoughts. we are re-watching the drama 2 episodes a week and currently on ep 9 & 10.

and chingus, don't forget to cast your vote for saeguk poll 2 - I voted for minister il shin as the most annoying character... I still can't decide if he is really annoying or just funny. :sweatingbullets: there is also a kiss nomination (faith also included) but our anatomy professor @vangsweetie637 has noted it makes no use of lee min ho's skills. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

That gif you posted of LMH hitting his head on the door frame had me in stitches... @Thong Thin :lol:

I love how despite his good looks, handsome tallness and badass sexy vibes, LMH is just a huge awkward klutz. What a dork, I love him sfm lmao.

I found the appearance of White clothed guy (noodles? Is this how we call him?) and his crush on Choi Young a bit random but nonetheless a good comedy break in between scenes.

Now in hindsight, I wonder what is his backstory and how his "acquaintances" with CY began. Has he always sported an obvious crush towards him? Does he relish making him uncomfortable by being openly flirty with him? So many questions haha. 

--

Things are finally getting interesting for our Imja couple as we get around episode 10. And we have our Daejang sporting a new hairstyle!

Someone on tumblr pointed it out but in the promo for episode 10, Choi Young sports a look that has never been actually aired:

989ff80ad9cf305bf675609a566bb388d4b380f1

2c672784abe88e6efaf787ce0de864a8e280b594

Where did the messy ponytail look go? :tears:

Did it not perform well in focus groups? Did they think it was too much for female audiences to handle? Waaeeee~

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I read that  most K-actors do their own stunt - did LMH does all the fightings and jumping in Faith? 

He didn't do all of them. Some are too difficult, like the one jumping high into the air and kicking two opponents at the same time was not LMH. You can take a closer look in ep15 when he fights against his Woodalchi men. The guy in the middle was Daejang but as you can see from the picture, that's clearly not him in this shot.

Capture.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I read that  most K-actors do their own stunt - did LMH does all the fightings and jumping in Faith? 

Just to add to @mademoisellesia's post, I read that because LMH is so tall, it's often hard to find stunt doubles for him. So he does as much as he possibly can, which he does in Faith. Nevertheless there are some scenes in Faith that require expert fighting skills and the double did good work. Where I notice the double most is in Episode 20, where Choi Young fights the envoy's man while standing on a wall.

rVAuNja.jpg?1

LMH has said he's been hurt in every series or film he's done. We recently saw two posts that show mild versions of this: the one where he's figuring out  how to twirl the heavy shield, and the the painful but very funny one where he hit his head on the door frame. He did some action work in TKEM and it was good, especially the scene where he rescuesTae-eul, using much of the sword slashing skill he learned from Faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ep 10 thoughts -- is ki cheol sick? why does he keep muttering that he barely has enough time to do what he wants. what is he really after with eun seon? and is flute guy in love with fire lady? he seemed rather jealous of her interest in daejang..

@msdot ~ how tall is LMH?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@msdot ~ how tall is LMH?

187 cm, or almost 6 ft 2 in. Very tall for a Korean.

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ep 10 thoughts -- is ki cheol sick? why does he keep muttering that he barely has enough time to do what he wants. what is he really after with eun seon? and is flute guy in love with fire lady? he seemed rather jealous of her interest in daejang..

In Ep 9 or 10, I forget which, there's a brief scene where KC grabs his hand as if it hurts. You'll see more of this as we proceed. His inner power is beginning to rebound on him. As for his interest in Eun-Soo, in Ep 10 he grabs the journal away from her, telling her that if he doesn't, she might go back through the portal without him. So he wants to go through the portal to heaven. This is actually something I like about KC. He has a curious mind, even though he's greedy and rapacious.

The scene where Hwa-su-in cleans the blood off Eum-ja's ear is vague. It did appear to me that he loves her as a woman, not just as a pledged sister. She's very cruel, knowing of his affection but only flippantly referring to it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a different interpretation of that scene.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

13 hours ago, violetts said:

That gif you posted of LMH hitting his head on the door frame had me in stitches... @Thong Thin :lol:

I love how despite his good looks, handsome tallness and badass sexy vibes, LMH is just a huge awkward klutz. What a dork, I love him sfm lmao.

You are welcome dear :heart4:

That's the reason why we can never get enough of his dorky, hilarious and funny side of LMH.

Just love him from A to Z !

15 hours ago, bealefay said:

This show has such an awesome casts :wub:

Hello and Welcome ! 

*** HUGS ***

hope you enjoy your new playground her and don't mind us if you find us a bunch of perverted Faithlings :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@H0ney me too. Have not watch Faith since our last recap in year 2012.

Glad @Lmangla initiate the Re-Watch and with my memory of fish I need to rewatch each episodes twice ! 

:joy:

I fell head over heels in love again with Daejang and my hearts goes "dungun dungun" everytime his eyes does the action and talking. 

gwM4KNzX8BtPaoVfrKbGDP7lu7eXCWDXZ0itDKy4

zYa-Ckn27BelOTh52-9upMBaMtt87tTaXmKhODO7

cr as tagged

Spoiler

hahaha, I like how you use the word "dungun "

King GM and GC is treating ES like a pawn but not CY. 

And i just hit 3,000 posts !  :blush:

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, H0ney said:

@Thong Thin hi chingu  I remember that  8 years ago I talked about dugun dugun heart when watching daejang with my minoz friends on facebook hehehe. Well, actually it was me who give an idea of Faith kdrama 2020 re watching on soompi hahaha. I came in here and I love it because I got warmth response from @Min2206 to do a re watch.  Later,  EO then helping us to organize this and they even adding another re watch dramas and it is more fun. They even watching this together with us ^_*  Btw, I like to read your Faith recaps too 

@H0ney you and @Thong Thin were here 8 years ago? like the rest too.   Wow!   Me , really a newbie here on Faith.    Was watching Epi 11and 12.   I could not wait ! But sure gonna re-watch when your recaps are out next week. :blush:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

This poor guy keeps getting "hit" from Daejang  -  I remember seeing him in the 3 Meals A Day.  He started way back too. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1