8 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

I would like to watch it on HD too, please let me know where you found it?  I have it on Viki, but it doesn't look like it is on HD. Thank you @JoannaID

Hi @Aleumdaun :)

Since you said that you were watching Faith in Viki, I can assume that we don't live in the same country/region. Because Faith and other LMH dramas on Viki are not licensed for my region, so I could not even access Faith on Viki. 

And I noticed you also posted when I was asleep, so we're on the different time zone. :smiley:

What I meant by HD was that the quality was on par with Netflix at least, I don't know about Viki. So I found it in local video streaming service owned by local national television conglomerate in my country. I think they have it because turned out Faith was broadcasted in this national television sometime ago. Since you don't live in my country, I think you won't be able to access it. And the subtitle is also only available in local language, no English subtitle.

If you live in North/South America, On Demand Korea also carries Faith. Perhaps you can try that if you're not satisfied with Viki's video quality. :heart:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Layali said:

edit: so I saw the hoodie daejang GIF has been uploaded on the Faith Blog. How do I change my dp to that gif image? when I save GIF images on my laptop, the images won't move for some stupid reason. is there a way to save GIFs that I'm unaware of?

I LOVE HOW THE FAITH BLOG HAS BEEN SPRUCED UP. 

Edit: so there's another blog just for this recap season? awesome!!!

I still love going through  the old blog though most of the videos and gifs don't open anymore

Hi @Layali The old blog is moving to the new domain. The gifs are lost because the image hosting website used 8 years ago, Minus, has closed down without any notice. So the broken images need to be replaced. Some may not be replaceable because another Faithling WutHmone owns them under her account.

Are you using MAC as well? If it is MAC maybe ask @msdot for some assistance. There's a limit to the size of dp. Try if these would go through:

3TQMV5P.gif

WRmPjVX.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Assuming everyone has seen ep1-2, here are the translated script that were omitted from the drama for the two episodes.

https://shineuifaith.wordpress.com/category/faith-translations/script-tidbits/

https://shineuifaith.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/faith-novel-vol-1-chapter-2-page-59-62/

@mademoisellesia The Faith scritp tidbits are really cool!  A good read!   Thanks for sharing on the Bu Jiang of the Red Moon.  What is Bu Jiang?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Min2206 BuJang (Regiment commander): Usually commands 500~1,500 men

Bujang = a ranking title in Korean. You're talking about Choong Suk, right?

https://shineuifaith.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/goryeo-military-ranks/

A Faith fan from 8 years ago did a research on this. :thumbsup:

Ahhh @mademoisellesia  so  CY is Chungnangjang and Wudalchi Daejang - wow!  and now I know what is Bu Jang and who is the character helming it. 
At the end of Faith finale, CY’s post was Daehogun ((Grand General).

If we go through the actual history, he'd probably higher than Daehogun!  Amazing!

Thanks again to you and the writer / translator / researcher / author - my brain is fried too:D

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He is no weird .. he is just mesmerized with the doctor, just like us with him .. that intense gaze.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Teacher: Vangsweetie637|

Prof @vangsweetie637  !!  Dang me .. you had me drooling over your lessons just now!!  :ohboy2: 

I found the Anatomy Lessons!   My mom is gawking at me while I'm trying hard NOT to laugh aloud, one hand on my mouth , the other on the mouse!  

giphy.gif

There she goes (the Prof?  the Doctor?) telling .... don't you touch him! or any part of him esp the lips.

@msdot  I know who is Deok Man -Yoon Kyun-sang standing at 1.92 m, same birth year as LMH :D Remember him in the 3-Meals-A-Day.  He is cute, yes!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Hi @Layali The old blog is moving to the new domain. The gifs are lost because the image hosting website used 8 years ago, Minus, has closed down without any notice. So the broken images need to be replaced. Some may not be replaceable because another Faithling WutHmone owns them under her account.

Are you using MAC as well? If it is MAC maybe ask @msdot for some assistance. There's a limit to the size of dp. Try if these would go through:

@mademoisellesia Thank you.I LOVE those gifs but it says the file size exceeds limit. I'm not on MAC

@vangsweetie637  the wording of that ANATOMY LESSON, I bow to your efficient teaching methods. where were you when I struggled though 8th grade biology lesson? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Teacher: Vangsweetie637|

Prof @vangsweetie637  !!  Dang me .. you had me drooling over your lessons just now!!  

I found the Anatomy Lessons!   My mom is gawking at me while I'm trying hard NOT to laugh aloud, one hand on my mouth , the other on the mouse!  

There she goes (the Prof?  the Doctor?) telling .... don't you touch him! or any part of him esp the lips.

@msdot  I know who is Deok Man -Yoon Kyun-sang standing at 1.92 m, same birth year as LMH :D Remember him in the 3-Meals-A-Day.  He is cute, yes!

@vangsweetie637 I found the anatomy lessons too - I am ashamed I didn't catch it live :tounge_wink: Are there more please?

@Min2206 My life is the other way round - I struggled to keep a straight face while reading it - I did not want my kids asking me why I am grinning like an idiot LOL. 

• LOL 6

On 8/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, syntyche said:

I admire Choi Young's moral compass and code of honor.

finally watched ep 2! it should be titled trust, promises and broken hearts. it is interesting because in many dramas, the leads are someone who are someone on top, their struggles etc. so from that perspective, this drama lead should be the king, his struggle to come to back to goryeo, be accepted, his contract marriage with the queen... but yet, this drama is actually about the side characters, their lives and whether their actions mean anything in the larger context of their world. can they make promises if they do not have the power to make any?

like @Min2206, I found the cold interaction between the king and queen totally fun to watch -- she subtly insulting him and calling out his lack of strength to do what is right. she is the foreigner and yet, she is the one who appreciates what the promise means to choi young the warrior. she is the foreigner and yet, she is the one who finds the king's lacking will at the moment. liked her sass when he tried to boss her to be quiet..

min young is a fun character to watch because he isn't meek by any stretch; he doesn't necessarily like the king but he is subject to the laws of the country and the honour code he lives by. so even though it goes against his promise, he has to keep the doctor as a hostage -- which is unfair. was thinking the minister was bluffing but it turns out that it was the king who ordered the move which shows how weak willed he is. unlike min young, the king lacks firmness in character because he does not have a sense of who he is and what he is fighting for.

@msdot ~ hope I can get the names right! dae man is dragon ball and deok man is cute tall fella with the goatee right? so tall cutie is a good right hand in that he immediately strikes down the confusing by identifying the hierarchy order -- that the woman from heaven's orders must be obeyed above the minister. poor fella, he is so going to have problems with this later! while the minister is highly pragmatic, it also shows his lack of belief in the king. he knows and believes the king is weak and therefore, only underhanded means can keep some sort of stability. is his assessment of the king right?

EDIT: put up a little poll based on ep 2 -- pick your options! :)@Min2206 @H0ney @CallieP @Thong Thin @mademoisellesia @msdot @violetts @kehrite @willenette @vangsweetie637 @Aleumdaun @scrawford @CarolynH @AgentQuake @Maja @MY15 @Amy323 @Heretorant @Nikaa94 @Layali @JoannaID ....  

funny notes:

~ found it amusing that the main villain deok seong's intro was of him getting a message and skin care routine.... guess, you can't plot unless you have shiny skin? hahahhaha....

~ her phone ring tone/message beep "give me food!" :lol:

~ was giggling when the doctor tells daejang -- "I object you carrying on your dirty shoulder" -- so does that mean if his shoulder is clean, then it is okay for him to carry her like a sack? hahahahha....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

1 minute ago, Aleumdaun said:

@vangsweetie637 I found the anatomy lessons too - I am ashamed I didn't catch it live :tounge_wink: Are there more please?

@Min2206 My life is the other way round - I struggled to keep a straight face while reading it - I did not want my kids asking me why I am grinning like an idiot LOL. 

@vangsweetie637 - yea, can we have more please ?  :relaxed:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Grin @Aleumdaun grin

Don't be coy please ... I come in peace :sweatingbullets: (his straight face / expression said it all)

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

finally watched ep 2! it should be titled trust, promises and broken hearts. it is interesting because in many dramas, the leads are someone who are someone on top, their struggles etc. so from that perspective, this drama lead should be the king, his struggle to come to back to goryeo, be accepted, his contract marriage with the queen... but yet, this drama is actually about the side characters, their lives and whether their actions mean anything in the larger context of their world. can they make promises if they do not have the power to make any?

like @Min2206, I found the cold interaction between the king and queen totally fun to watch -- she subtly insulting him and calling out his lack of strength to do what is right. she is the foreigner and yet, she is the one who appreciates what the promise means to choi young the warrior. she is the foreigner and yet, she is the one who finds the king's lacking will at the moment. liked her sass when he tried to boss her to be quiet..

min young is a fun character to watch because he isn't meek by any stretch; he doesn't necessarily like the king but he is subject to the laws of the country and the honour code he lives by. so even though it goes against his promise, he has to keep the doctor as a hostage -- which is unfair. was thinking the minister was bluffing but it turns out that it was the king who ordered the move which shows how weak willed he is. unlike min young, the king lacks firmness in character because he does not have a sense of who he is and what he is fighting for.

that mean if his shoulder is clean, then it is okay for him to carry her like a sack? hahahahha....

Sorry for cutting your post @Lmangla. Agree with you on the Queen and CY. I like her sassiness too- it's like she is goading the King to act like he should. She is also very clever - she has already picked up who is the enemy and whose side the King should choose if they both have to stay alive and as King and Queen of Goryeo.

CY knows and understands honor. He puts his life on his promises. So going against his promise to the Doc must have hurt him to the core. He must have been very disappointed with the king because after all the talk about the king wanting to hear his true feelings - he decides to stop the Doc from leaving - In spite of CY demanding the King to act above the likes of himself and Il Shin. But the King doesn't know who to trust yet. He is still struggling to find his footing.

I like the complexities and depths in all these characters. Which is why Faith, with all its flaws, holds a very special place for me.

This is the only saguek drama I have seen, is there any other saguek that is a must watch you lovely people would recommend? Thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

30 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but yet, this drama is actually about the side characters, their lives and whether their actions mean anything in the larger context of their world. can they make promises if they do not have the power to make any?

.... liked her sass when he tried to boss her to be quiet..

EDIT: put up a little poll based on ep 2 -- pick your options! 

@Lmangla  Sorry to cut your post, Chingu and thanks for working and putting up the poll.

On which supporting characters that stand out, I will go for these two
1.  Dae Man  (whom Daejang cares and trusts - an adorable sidekick)  and 
2.   Queen Noguk (smart , feisty yet composed - will complement the King well. Loving him quietly too despite the misunderstandings between them.    She even learned the Goryeo language just to show how much she wanted to please him.  I was intrigued by their love-hate relationship when I first watched E2)

giphy.gif

I was thinking of the Minister Il Shin too - a pretty important troublemaker cum entertainer. 

And to HE Deok Seong's shiny skin - thanks to the cockroaches that chew on ginseng and drink mineral water plus cicada larva concoction .  :tounge_wink:

giphy.gif

Promise ?   It's complicated.   Morality and loyalty in the real world are very subjective nowadays compared to that era.  To Daejang, it's everything!  His words of honour to the lady whom he begins to have feeling for, is what he strives to live (despite his state of confusion over the feelings).     He broke the trust when he held her back from leaving his world, causing much pain and anger to both sides (due to the King's command which  he must not defy).  He redeemed the honour by giving up his life, which shocked ES and his charges, eventually gaining her trust and love. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

hello to my dear Faithlings! Sorry! Have been MIA for a day. Been sleeping like Daejang due to the constant changing weather and multiple wildfires around here. Air quality has been ashy and very smokey. Can barely go out..alongside quarantine too. We need rain to help clear the air. But, yes, onto Faith:

Hahaha @Min2206 @Aleumdaun @Layali i am so glad you guys found my lessons from 8 years ago. I been looking for it to repost on here for you guys but didn’t realize it’s already on the Faith blog collection :D trust me, the anatomy classes I taught here was way better than what I was learning in my actual anatomy classes :lol: and my eyes observe words that can be used for lessons. My first word if I remember correctly was “penetration” and “in and out” :naughty: i shall definitely give an upgraded lesson ;) :P

Ooo let me take a look at the poll ;)

• LOL 8

@Lmangla done with the poll, thanks for setting it up! :heart:

I am realistic person, for promise, I think it always depends on the context, so I chose King's version, larger context or larger needs win. 

And as for side character, I like Philip Lee's character in Faith, the Jang Bin doctor, he always looks cool, calm and logical under any kind of situations and he's a good friend for ES as well. 

I gotta admit, I haven't spent much time thinking about the drama plot and characters besides CY and ES. I am still swooning and fan-girling over CY. Pardon me, I am still a new fan. LOL. :joy:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

@vangsweetie637 where can I find the first anatomy lessons blog?  Sounds not to be missed, and looking forward to your continuation. Thanks!

@Aleumdaun there r so many great sageuks. In dramas, some classics are Chuno (Slave Hunters), Damo, Princess Man.  Empress Ki is great but 50 eps. Sure other Soompiers can suggest others. Lots to enjoy!

Not sure who started the current poll for side characters:  will it evolve?  My absolute fave are the MB siblings. Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

oooh, some great thoughts from @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @JoannaID  in regards to promises and honour. made me think quite a bit about the question I posted. hahahah... .. so like @Min2206 noted, it feels like men of such code and honour belong to a different era. if they exist now, would we call them foolish? would we still swoon? as @Aleumdaun noted, it would hurt if you were like choi young and believed in promises but were not able to keep them.... and as @JoannaID noted, the larger context often needs to be considered in a realistic setting. much as I dislike the minister for thinking about survival, that is the way of the world isn't it? and in today's context, do we still value promises? honour?

so while I love choi young's code and wish more would see it that way and while I agree with the king that the larger context needs to be considered, it feels like the way of the world is really the minister's view -- survival above all else. :wacko: am I feeling too cynical this morning? sigh. isn't it good to watch optimistic dramas where we can have characters like min young who show us that it is okay to promise and to believe in honour?

@kdyes ~ as EO (event organizer), I made the poll for the re-watch and yes, it will be evolving as we continue in the re-watch. the poll is just for a few days (till wednesday) and based on ep 2. so put in your votes (top of page) chingus!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1