[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest orionofthewolf

Hello AB :)

Happy Sunday hope everybody has a good day :)

Just want to share my MV hope you guys like it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtlV96q7uVo&feature=player_embedded

I missed this drama already :(

Happy Saturday!

Love the MV! I miss this drama so much already, too. I've been entertaining trying to make an MV as well, but just don't know where to start.

Thanks for sharing yours.

Guest orionofthewolf

Okay, I finally got off my butt and made an MV for this incredible series. I hope you enjoy :)
http://youtu.be/spTwuj-hVfc

Since I haven't edited and put together video clips since my sister's wedding, boy was I rusty. I've always wanted to do MVs and realize now it's hard to do. I wanted to use more clips from various episodes, but took the easy way out and just did one for the finale.

It's supposed to tell kind of a story. Hopefully it turned out. It's not quite what I wanted, but I'm happy with it. Oh. for those who want to know the lyrics to the song I used, you can find them here. I think it suits my new favorite couple.

@cheerkoo me, too. I miss this drama so much.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

orionofthewolf!

Great MV!

Very wise decision to choose the ending part of the finale~

What a powerful ending to a drama that was so good from the start to end.

thanks again!!

Fighting to AB and to its future fans!!

Guest S_sun

Hi do anyone of you lovely folks know where I can watch ep 12 subbed. The vid on Viki is acting up. I'm dying to finish this.

Guest orionofthewolf

Because I was bored...and because I still love this drama >_<
Here are two headers I have made. Well, really its the same header just two slight differences between them.

Absolute-Boyfriend-Header.jpg Ok, the main difference is I bumped up the middle picture and added text. Absolute-Boyfriend-Header-memories.jpg

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks orionofthewolf! I still love and miss AB too~~ I wonder how it is doing in Japan??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TayeMarie

If anyone would like, I wrote a story in response to the drama. If you wanted NT and XF to end up together, well, it's for you, and I promise it's really good. I'm at fanfiction under TayeMarie. The story is called Wishes Do Come True. Check it out. =)

I haven't watched dramas for a really long time tbh. Just didn't have the time! They're so long and so addicting, haha. I came back for Jiro, but I was blown away by the whole thing. I mean, he was amazing and hot and a good actor as always, but all the other actors and music and set was just awesome. I just couldn't live with that ending! I really want people to read my story because I know it brought closure for me, so hopefully it will for you as well.
Thank you.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8406566/1/Wishes_Do_Come_True

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest supermom7

does anyone have  episodes 12 and 13 subtitles? i have the raw files already but have been searching for months for the last 2 episodes subs but no luck. Pls some kind soul help me. 

I almost gave up watching, I am not sure whether it has something to with the dubbing or cutesy (something like another eg. miss no good, sometimes I think the cutesy doesn't have to go with too much of facial expression, it can be naturally carried out through the conversation, action like eg SHG in full house, YEH in goong or jang nara.., or GHS's duck paddling in episode12), p/s (just a random POV after reading some comments in front) - jandi  isn't supposed to be someone who is annoying but rather someone who is tough, who will stand up against the bully. Sorry, i know  I am critical here....this has somehow rubbed me in a way, despite i understand they were trying to be truthful to the manga style (the cutesy that we normally see in manga, but may appear "over' in real life, on screen.....)
But the people here have shared some good insight about the story, so I went back to the series and completed the series. kind of change my opinion...I start to grow to like XF, and the series is also quite well done, not dragging, right pace (if this is right term), especially impressed by last episode , and the famous tear ,10 sec.... I prefer this ending rather than having time jump ..,. like after 50 years (XF probably would be 70 years old by then)....after the memory is restored , would the feeling be restored? Would it be like another copy of night? so, kudos to the team for this memorable finale (sad yet beautiful), well at least it is so for me.ghs has handled the last episode/ melancholy part quite well and Jiro has portrayed his character well, convincing p/s - jiro is indeed hot in his MV, : P. he would have made a hotter robot if having the same short hair cut like in the MV.

supermom ..it may take me some time to do all the subtitles , just a short summary what happen at the end. Sorry if I am not much of help here. You can let me know if there is any particular scene you want to know the most...p/s - just realize at this very same page, there have been people sharing the link to subbed last episode...
[spoiler warning, please highlight]XF and night spent their last moment together.....and XF proposed to night, but night said he should be the one to propose since he was the boyfriendNight planned not to attend the wedding since he didn't want XF to witness his last moment. XF approached him and asked for a rehearsal. The other scene revealed that XF had heard about the conversation between zx and night, that the technology to repair night at the same time keeping its memory will only be available after 50 years. night will stop operating , become malfunction after 2 days. jump to wedding scene, XF made the vow for the marriage. she in turn asked night whether to take her as wife, night rejected (although that is not his heart's desire)), he then held her hand and wanted her to remember the ring symbolize happiness, he wants her to always stay happy. Happily in love, happily getting married, happily getting kids....., then he stopped functioning. The next day, the CEO(kid) came to collect night said he would not let others to destroy night/the memory without his permission. He also revealed that night has 10 sec energy. XF wanted to talk to night , rgdless whether he can hear her. she said night is her perfect boyfriend, she loves him.(tear seen on night's face). Jump to ZX, he wondered what night was thinking if he was conscious. then the count down, in night's mind - XF was night only memory- night wants to stay  together with xF forever....

Supermom7, you can get the episodes from this link. Episode 13 is there , too.
http://www.viki.com/channels/1892-absolute-darling/videos/72497/1

I also found episode 13 uploaded by Helkel
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrwjcy_absolute-boyfriend-ep13-part-1-2-engsub_shortfilms
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrwgwo_absolute-boyfriend-ep13-part-2-2-engsub_shortfilms

Hope you enjoy watching as much as I did. I miss AB.

Guest orionofthewolf

@irene I am glad that you did give this drama a chance. I admit that I was taken aback by the dubbing and wasn't all that thrilled by it, but GHS marvelous acting along with Jiro's [he gets better in every drama I think. To me, his breakout performance was in ToGetHer] quickly won me over. The pacing was quite good and the ending was well done. Sure, we all want Night and Xiao Fei to get together, but this is better than some absurd time jump.

@S_sun I miss this drama, too! I want to see more Jiro now and more of our lovely Hye Sun-ssi.

• 2 years later...

Archived