[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

I saw that viki's trans is not 100% yet....

Still curious...

Now, what is the purpose of Kronos Heaven turning so unethical and sending a Nite copy to XF? Is it still to get more infor about "beep" or "that"??

So, basically, Kronos Heaven sells sex? Is that why there were several scenes of transgender bar and host bar?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest orionofthewolf

Truthfully, I'm not 100% certain just why KH sent Night #2 out. I don't really think it was solely for *beep* I think it had more to do with JBQ trying to show off just how horrible humans really are. He's also driving home a point to Nai Te that he IS replaceable as long as an exact copy is made. What JBQ didn't count on was for XF to be suspicious because the true emotions that our evolved Nai Te has experienced were NOT in the copy. In a way, I think COO wanted to save Nai Te in spite of is carpy attitude because he did seem a little sad that Nai Te CHOSE to "die" or cease operation or what not.

I think the robot lovers are only one aspect about KH, so I don't think they are all about that. But I am not sure the manga ever clarified just what the company was all involved in.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks orionofthewolf!!

Actually, what you say makes a lot of sense....

I did not get frivolous or childish feelings about JBQ.

That is why it puzzled me about KH.

One of the things that I do like about scify as some of you mentioned already is that it points out the human condition really well--both positive and the negative. 

Not only did Nite evolve even to his own detriment, but XF also evolved into a stronger person. ZS also evolved in that he realized that XF is not to be dealt with as if she is a child and he finally surrendered his fight for XF because he cannot win in front of Nt and XF's love for each other. LWW also evoled from a salesman who only wants to make sales---he too changed from the influence of XF and Nt's love. Nice....

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans.

One of the best final episode of any drama! It did not feel rushed or jump all over the place to tie up all the lose ends.There was no time jump, which I am relieved to see.Time jump is too often used as a device to end or as fan service. There  were some happy moments and memories as befit the story.I am happy that the kid boss showed some heart. What a sad moving ending. That last bit with Night going through his happy memories and that one tear rolling down his face really got me. Is that how a dying person feel at his last breath? Mr Director and AB writer, thank you for the beautiful love story. Thank you to all the casts especially Hye Sun, Jiro , Kunda and Jack Ne. You are awesome. Hye Sun and Jiro look great together in the wedding attire.....spazz...kekeke

Thanks to all AB fans for your updates, insights and comments for the past 13 weeks. What a journey we had together.....

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

repost from GHS soompi

I feel silly sharing...but I wonder if any of you also had similar reaction..

After I watched 13th epi...I felt sad but not very emotional--kind of blank....

Then, as I am trying to clean up the kitchen, I could not hold back the bucketful of tears that just overwhelmed me all of a sudden,,,,,thinking about XF and Nite and thieir love guardians, Zongshi and LeiWuWu... I cannot put into words why I had such a reaction except for feelings of profound loss---for XF and Nite---for things to end when it just started so beautifully.....

OMGosh, I startled myself....

Anyway, I cannot remember the last time I felt this way about fictional characters and the actors who portrayed them...

ADD--I remember meow13's post about LeiWuWu actor (Jack Ne??) who mentioned that he cried hard after reading the final scene....maybe that is what happened to me...

Guest S_sun

repost from GHS soompi

I feel silly sharing...but I wonder if any of you also had similar reaction..

After I watched 13th epi...I felt sad but not very emotional--kind of blank....

Then, as I am trying to clean up the kitchen, I could not hold back the bucketful of tears that just overwhelmed me all of a sudden,,,,,thinking about XF and Nite and thieir love guardians, Zongshi and LeiWuWu... I cannot put into words why I had such a reaction except for feelings of profound loss---for XF and Nite---for things to end when it just started so beautifully.....

OMGosh, I startled myself....

Anyway, I cannot remember the last time I felt this way about fictional characters and the actors who portrayed them...

ADD--I remember meow13's post about LeiWuWu actor (Jack Ne??) who mentioned that he cried hard after reading the final scene....maybe that is what happened to me...

Guest orionofthewolf

Going off to watch AB13 as we speak! I will try to  get it recorded for you guys if you decided you do want to watch it with the subs. I can't guarantee I will be able to very easily as I have been having issues getting the program I use to work of late.

I am really sad to see this end and will be back later after I finally watch it.

I never cry (or should I say rarely?). I still haven't cried. But I did get choked up while writing the recap. You can read it here: AB13

Thanks for everything. It was a joy to see the pics and updates and join in the discussions and debates. I hope that I helped while you waited for the English subtitle releases. Always feel free to stop by AAA and drop me a line :) You can even request drama recaps (but I don't 100% promise to do them :P)

Hello AB :)

Just finished watching AB episode 13 thanks to viki subbers some parts are not 100 percent but the last part is 100% and it was the most important part for me :)

I love the ending I'm sorry @cheerko but I was crying the whole time GHS acting was superb especially when they were getting marriend the way she was crying was excellent you can feel how happy and hurt she was.

I love the ending, when XF told Nite I love You in korean language and then he cried was wonderful, to be honest this is the best ending for me, it wasnt rushed at all in 13 episode they tied up everything :)

@s sun i dont mind re watching it again its such a great episode :)

@orionofthewolf thank you for everything :)

@meow for all the translation Thank you :)

eventhough the rating were not that great This drama is a great drama cant wait to buy the DVD when it becomes available.

To all AB team Thank You for great drama :)

Guest helkel

Absolute Boyfriend EP13 engsub, recorded from Channel U's TV broadcast :)
Part ONE
Part TWO

-----
Satisfied with finale...not overly thrilled tbh with some writing... but not disappointed. Wont say too much. Finale ep alrdy been brilliantly reviewed by fellow Sunnies and AB fans :) 

When the '50 year' mention was brought up 2 times at least (?), it had me worried/intrigued for a bit -> suddenly thought of Doraemon's 'optimistic ending' again. Quite hard not to, with the battery power references. Oh yes, also had a crazy thought midway during watching ep13: how awesome would it have been it if XiaoFei opted for cyrogenic sleep, and stayed the same as she is now together with Nai Te, while waiting 50yrs into the future for technology to become available to save Nai Te  .................... ? Oh shoot! 50yrs into the future? cyrogenic sleep?! whaaaaaaaaaaa? haha.

*Almost died laughing @ XiaoFei's nervous 'duck paddling' of her feet when inviting Nai Te to bed LOLOLOLLL. Srsly, I wonder who taught Hye Sun those lil gestures. Perhaps she came up with those herself? kekeke. Oh oh, I remember the 'fingers twitch' thingy when she held her hands close to her mouth/nose was also funny. Hahaahahahaha. (which ep was that again?! >_>)

Guest orionofthewolf

It wasn't the ending I had imagined, but I'll take it. It would have been funny if they did do the whole cryogenic sleep thing, but then again, I don't know if that technology is quite ready yet either ;)

I agree, the duck paddling was so cute. Nothing like trying to seduce your boyfriend by doing that kicking of the feet in the air.

I'm a little sad that this drama couldn't break that 1% barrier, but at least we ended on a high note instead of a ratings drop. ^_^

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

orionofthewollf~ I agree with you about AB's rating...I wished it broke through 1% too!

No matter!! Taiwan's AB will be my all time favorite love story ever!!

Thanks to helkel, I just finished watching AB 13 with the TERRIFIC translation!

Wow! What a great storyline--so smart---first the Nite perspective and then XF's perspective and then Nite and XF have their beautiful good-bye through the wedding...So beautifully and intelligently done!!

meow13 said that somebody said in the original epi,,,there is 50 years later!!!

The drama makes you think more about these two lovers...would Nite be able to keep the promise of meeting XF 50 years later and fly the lantern together on Valentine's day?? It almost makes you want a sequel to AB!  kekeke

I also loved XF trying to get Nite into her bed....she stayed in character--only XF will try to seduce Nite like that!! kekeke

I also loved the part where LeiWuWu recounts the story from XF's perspective....

Everything about this epi was just perfect!!

I also loved the fact that XF and Nite's love brought friends and even more love to them---

That line by Nite on XF's bed-----(paraphrasing) "...when one feels so blissful, Heaven may get jealous and bring down upset..." That summarize their relationship!

Loved and loved it....

Thanks so much~~~I think it is really hard to leave this forum too!

Thank you and thank you!!

Guest Kimmy10

Hi all ^^

@helkel: thank you for uploading the last ep with the amazing translation'thx channelU" :)

@orionofthewollf; thank you for the recap

What an amazing drama. I really love the last ep. A very beautiful ending. I loling @ d scene where XF was trying to seduce N haha...GHS was so cute. I cried so much at their wedding rehearsal. And the last 10 sec I was sobbing Lol.

I read @meow's blog, someone who is Taiwanese comment that Ab has been shown in 2 tv station which is Sunday n Monday, n then another Tv station will re run again on Saturday afternoon n night. Maybe that is why Ab rating is not too high but according to her since Ab was on Jiro has many Cf n got first offer to be a leading man in the movie, kunda is gonna b in the movie as well n Sky has released his first album.

She also said that today in the Taiwan newspaper, they were saying that the last scene of Ab has touched the hearts of many viewer n make them cry, they called it the Last 10 sec of Night. The netizen has request for 1 more special episode but GTV said that the purpose of making different ending is To give the viewer a sentimental ending.

I'm glad that many people love Ab n also the actors got good offers due to their acting on Ab. Bravo for all the actors n all the Ab cru to make a great drama. I'm hoping that Jiro, Hye, Kunda n Lww will do international fan meeting :)

Thank you everyone for this thread. Sayonara ^^

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts,updates,pics during the course of this wonderful drama. It enhanced my enjoyment of AB .These past 13 weeks, I had looked forward to this thread so much.

Special thanks to Meow, with your fast updates and translations and summary of the episodes, Orionofthewolf for your entertaining recaps and for uploading the vids, Helkel for uploading the final episode from Channel U, with the subs.

I am glad that the AB team got recognition for the hard work in putting on a great drama,and they are getting offers in other projects,etc.I hope GHS,also get some offers, too. I pray for AB success in other countries. Hard to say goodbye.... Some of us hang out at the GHS thread. Please do visit there. Thank you, AB fans.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

If the AB acting team is able to promote together in other countries, let us revisit our forum!!

Thanks so much again!

:x

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

I say bye and I keep on coming back...keke

But, I just read orionofthewolf's last recap of AB!

http://www.asianaddictsanonymous.com/absolute-boyfriend-live-action-episode-13/

Thank you!

As always, it is so good! I cried all over again reading your recap!

You pointed out in your recap one scene that really moved me in the last epi.....that scene where Nite wandered off to find that church where young XF met Kronos Heaven's founder's son and the game that they played...the AB story brings out even more the "magic" and fate in XF and Nite's relationship. When I first saw that scene, my heart just stopped for a second and quickly wandered off to make another whole new story...that Nite may also have some memory of Kronos Heaven's son and where is KH's founder and how happy he could be??? keke

Thanks orionofthewolf!

I never saw Jiro Wang's work before AB. At your recommendation, I did see "To Get Her"--mysoju.com had many episodes broken so I saw few epi only...JW was really good in  that drama as well. He really is a wonderful actor. AB production team made a wonderful choice in casting...maybe it was also a fate or magic that WuChon decided to drop out at the last minute....Wish WuChon all the best!! I also look forward to JW's next role as well..with Ruby Lin?? But AB's characters made such deep impression on me that it will be hard for me to adjust JW playing someone who is manipulative (I read the summary of the new drama)

Anyway, Thanks again!!. I will repost in GHS soompi!!

Guest orionofthewolf

@teukhaee I would say definitely give it a chance even if you're not 100% sold on Jiro. He won me over in ToGetHer and I love his acting and singing, but I know everyone has their preferences.

As for Hye Sun's Mandarin, if you're talking about in the actual drama she was dubbed over by a voice actress. All of her lines were originally in Korean (hence the bad dubbing where her mouth movements did NOT equate with what the voice actress was saying most of the time) and I think she only knows some bare bone basic words and phrases. I'm actually rather sad when dubbing is bad as I find it distracting when sound and mouth movements don't match up.

@cheerkoo You're welcome! I was surprised that people actually said they cried while reading it. It was a very touching episode and I really did enjoy that last 10 seconds of Night's. I am glad that didn't do a huge flash of EVERY single memory with XF and instead focused on the memories that Night found most important. I am curious now as to know what was the alternate 10 seconds and what was the original ending they had planned before Yuu Watase told them they could NOT have XF and Night be able to get together.

I do have ToGetHer on DVD with English subtitles, but one disc came scratched (I did not know this so it was too late to return for another copy), so I wouldn't be able to upload all of them for you, though I would love to ^_^. The subtitles aren't the greatest a 100% of the time.

I do have a really nice fansub copy from D-Addicts and am willing to re-seed if you want to download a copy. Crunchyroll's sister site which has a catalog of Chinese/Hong Kong/Taiwanese dramas has the entire series with English subtitles, but I think you may only get a month free and then you have to pay.

A dark character for Jiro? I think it would be interesting to see given he usually does either very comedic (and somewhat idiotic) roles or more serious ones like Night and Mars. It's a true test of an actor to see just how far they can stretch their wings and slip into many different types of roles. Of course, some actors stay in basically only one or two types of characters, which can be rather sad.

Guest S_sun

^What's the point of having her a the main actress though? They could've had.. idk Ariel Lin or something instead so the company wouldn't have to add to their costs with hiring a dub voice actor /:

Archived