[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

Guest orionofthewolf

@S_sun how sad. Well, when Wordpress released the latest update, I installed it and a lot of things broke, so I've been having issues and deactivating plugins left and right. I have it down to the bare essentials now, so maybe it will work...

And credit to JiSun couple Facebook page. I could not get this screencap to turn out for the life of me when I tried, but they found a good one:
282905_238688556249007_1982188565_n.jpg

Ah, the mischievous little Nai Te.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks ABfans for the posts and info!

DarkPadme, thanks for Jiro Wang in the case!

OMG, he really built his body!! keke

Guest S_sun

Orionofthewolf, love the screencap of little Night kissing XF on the cheek. So cute. This drama have so many cute scenes. Love it to bits.

Annypooh and Meow, thanks for the info. I am happy to know that AB is popular at that streaming site.

DarkPadme, thanks for the pic. Jiro is hot! Amazing body!!!

AB fans, let's get ready with our tissues for episode 11 tomorrow....

Guest bbwhitesky

Wow Jiro! I haven't seen him acting before, wonder how he is. And the Korean actress looks very pretty, she would have been good as the main actress in the Korean version too.

Guest orionofthewolf

Sadly, my sister, the babies, and my cousin have all left now. That means that I can finally watch and recap episode 11. I have the kleenex on hand. I'll try to get it up when I'm done working for the day.

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans,

Did you all enjoy Ep11? I just watched it without subs.This episode ,although did not have much funny moments, is what the story is really about. It is about XF , learning about herself and finding about true love. At this stage it is not about who is a better boyfriend, as both are nice and take care of her. ZS is too controlling,like XF said she can't be led all the time by ZS. She has to find her own path. I am glad she will try to follow her heart, even if it might be a more difficult one.She has been resisting her feelings because she thought there is no future for her and Night, being a robot. Sky and XS loveline of course shed light further on that. Now she has the courage to stay true to her heart.

I do feel sorry for ZS, but his timing is off, and I think he has to learn, too, that true love is accepting of everything about the person you love including their bad points and not try to change them even if it is for their benefit. I don't see their relationship as equal footing, as he is always telling her what to do.

Orionofth wolf, don't rush, take your time. Look forward to your recaps and comments. Will miss you when this drama ends. Meow at GHS thread has posted a summary of the episode. Hopefully subs at Viki is done soon.

This drama is just so good. What to do...only 2 episodes left..Now we really need the Kleenex in the next 2 episodes.

Okay.... I'm officially on the Emotional roller coaster. Damn them for making me wanting both guys for Xf!!! Oh poor nite, you're breaking down baby. It is going to be a SUPER sad ending! Damnation!!!!

ea39584b.jpg

983309ab.jpg

Credit to ofc AB FB page n Catherine ywk.

Hello AB :)

I havent seen episode 11 yet but here's the rating from yesterday's episode and im glad it went up again :) 

Sun 22:00-24:10 (2012.06.17)

1. Forward toward the love go (TTV) 1.97
2 Absolutely Darling (FTV) 0.81
3 Happy 3 stars (CTC) 0.69
4 Alice's miracle(CTS)                                                                                              0.59

Guest orionofthewolf

I am so happy it went up again!  I still can't believe Love Forward is in the 1st spot yet again. I mean...seriously? If you've ever tried watching it, especially after watching AB, it's long, laggy, boring, and with a horribly predictable plot. With such bad writing (and I admit some kind of bad acting even among the better known actors *cough*LeroyYoung*cough*), how is this consistently winning the ratings war? It's only saving grace is the relationship between Ai Xing and Tian Ze. Oh and the manager Ling Li.
I am also working on the recap as we speak. RECAP IS DONE! I had a problem staying on topic, or rather, I think I went back to my college days for a minute and had to keep bringing in connections to other pieces of literature, drama series, and movies. Oh well. :P Hope you enjoy!

I was really wondering how they were going to tie in this last minute romance with Sky and Zhi Xi. And they did and it worked. Sort of. I think since I was so used to the main focus being on the leads, the shift was a little awkward. I LOVED the camping scene btw. It was so nice to see them acting normal with each other, but then, of course, we have XF's rejection of ZS. Such a beautiful, natural smile from Kun Da.
ab11-9.jpg
I have also discovered a better way to share the English subs with you. Here are the re-uploaded videos. Yes, I am still missing 6-9. I hope to get them recorded this week before Sunday when 12 airs.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Yeah!

Number 2! That is GOOD!

May the rating soar to the end!

Thanks Sunnies for all your info and posts!

I saw the 13 preview from DC gallery.

Here is the page~

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=guhyesun&no=127888&page=1&bbs=

I wonder if Nite can see XF in bridal gown? He looks like he lost his sight.

Orionofthewolf!

Thanks for not giving up and finding ways to find the good subs for us!

bow and bow!!

Guest latelatte
Guest S_sun

Yeah!

Number 2! That is GOOD!

May the rating soar to the end!

Thanks Sunnies for all your info and posts!

I saw the 13 preview from DC gallery.

Here is the page~

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=guhyesun&no=127888&page=1&bbs=

I wonder if Nite can see XF in bridal gown? He looks like he lost his sight.

Orionofthewolf!

Thanks for not giving up and finding ways to find the good subs for us!

bow and bow!!

Guest orionofthewolf

@cheerkoo - Thanks! I hope that you guys can access these videos better than the ones that I tried to upload and post to the blog.

I am excited for episode 12 even though I know it's going to be a sad episode. Why? Because it looks like THIS GUY is making a special appearance as the guy who basically tells Xiao Fei and Night that Kronos Heaven is washing its hands of Night and is no longer going to maintain him.

skipbeat14-6.jpgab12-preview.jpg

SQUEE! I LOVED him as Jiro Wang's manager in ToGetHer AND he was awesome ad Du He Lian's manager in Skip Beat! This guy is a real scene stealer. And it's nice to see him and Jiro acting together again.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Orionofthewolf!

I saw the better translated vids of AB for epi 11--a little bit...(since I have to go now). But, it is really good.

It makes so much more sense! Thanks So, So, much!!

Take care AB fans!!

Guest S_sun

Orionofthewolf, thanks for the recaps. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I do think the Sky and XS loveline is too sudden as well. Sky might be bisexual, but if only they have hinted on some affections between these in the earlier episodes. I love the camping scene and the proposal and rejection dialogue was so well-written.It felt natural to ZS's character and also to XF's character. Kunda and Hye Sun were really good there..the big tears falling silently..GHS you were so convincing that you were sad to have hurt your good friend. ZS character is so good yet you can see as written why in that relationship, XF fell for Night. that's why I am full of praise for the writers. They have managed to entertain us with humor at the same time give us a beautiful love story. Like Jack Ne said, it is really a story about life.

Now, I have to ask you, who is it this certain someone that you secretly grind food that he or she hates and put it into their food unaware? ha,ha,ha. You are quite a prankster! LOL

This new actor you mentioned, he sounds good. I am looking forward to the next episodes , yet dreading them as this beautiful, touching love story is coming to an end. Huhuhu.

Thanks, also for the vids. I have no problem with Dropbox, but I could only view 15 mins of ep 10 and 11. Can you tell me how to access the rest of the episodes?The subs are so much better in this version.

Orionofthewolf, can I join you in the rant about Love Forward? Anyone, who is thinking of starting it? DON"T. Like you said, it is so boooring. I regretted not stopping after the first few episodes. I am one of those who will watch till the end even if it is so bad . None of the 4 leads characters are likeable and the story is so slow and tedious and predictable. It really should be at the bottom in ratings. AB is way better.

Thanks to Meow at GHS thread, she has saved the preview of ep13 .http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrm6m7_absolute-boyfriend-ep13-preview_shortfilms
So romantic yet so sad.......

Thanks to Sue, GHSforever, Annypooh for updates and comments.

Welcome to this thread, toomuchcaffelatte and bbwhitesky. Thanks for your input.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Orionofthewolf,,like S_sun, is there a way to watch the entire episode? I like them.

Also, as I watch the previews for upcoming episodes, something puzzles me about Kronos Heaven.

How can they say they are going to abandon Nite? Just because he does not listen to the commands?

As scientists, aren't they amazed and happy about the evolution of their product? They say, one's creation is like one's child---no matter what it may become, it is unnatural to give up on it!!

AB writers are good...they have to be upto something?? Could there be a reason for the reference to Kronos' founder who based his first product on his early-demised son? Where is the heart in Kronos Heaven? And did the young salesman replace Lei WuWu? LeiWuWu has to be on the side of XF and Nite.....

Guest S_sun

Orionofthewolf,,like S_sun, is there a way to watch the entire episode? I like them.

Also, as I watch the previews for upcoming episodes, something puzzles me about Kronos Heaven.

How can they say they are going to abandon Nite? Just because he does not listen to the commands?

As scientists, aren't they amazed and happy about the evolution of their product? They say, one's creation is like one's child---no matter what it may become, it is unnatural to give up on it!!

AB writers are good...they have to be upto something?? Could there be a reason for the reference to Kronos' founder who based his first product on his early-demised son? Where is the heart in Kronos Heaven? And did the young salesman replace Lei WuWu? LeiWuWu has to be on the side of XF and Nite.....

Archived