[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

Guest S_sun

I ad posted this at GHS thread. I am reposting it here.

Meow or Sue,

I am posting clips of HS/Jiro answering questions that was asked by fans from Channel U, SG. I believe they showed HS or Jiro answering a question after each episode. Does either of you mind translating, please? Thanks.

Hope this is not too much work for you.I know you are busy, so please take your time. Thanks ever so much.

Perhaps orionofthewolf will not mind translating for us if Meow/Sue do not have time. Thanks.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S_sun

Meow and Sue had translated those vids above at the GHS thread. Thanks Meow and Sue. Sounds like GHS and Jiro both enjoyed filming AB.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Hello AB fans!

I tried to check out AB competitions in Taiwan for rating.

Well..Love Forward was not really my cup of tea but Taiwan viewers must love it.

Another Fahrenheit member is starring in a new drama Alice in Wonder City.

Then, there is Alice in WonderCity.

Well, I could not believe it!!

I hadan association to Alice in Wonderland story when XF followed a rabbit into that hole--more troubles will follow XF after that as we know...

But on top of that, few of the actors that are coming out in AB are also appearing in AIWC!!

Meijia character, the new robot character and another Fahrenheit member, Aaron Yan!!

Well, I am rooting for AB no matter what!!

I pray and pray that many more people love AB in Taiwan and SG and etc.

Please!!!!

Cute! I have the love/hate relationship with the new format. I love that it will auto saved my draft and do not have to wait for 60secs between post. I hate that it's more complicated to move around.

0d41b47b.jpg

Credit Jisun FB

Cheerkoo... Did u find the FB page for this couple yet?

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans!

I tried to check out AB competitions in Taiwan for rating.

Well..Love Forward was not really my cup of tea but Taiwan viewers must love it.

Another Fahrenheit member is starring in a new drama Alice in Wonder City.

Then, there is Alice in WonderCity.

Well, I could not believe it!!

I hadan association to Alice in Wonderland story when XF followed a rabbit into that hole--more troubles will follow XF after that as we know...

But on top of that, few of the actors that are coming out in AB are also appearing in AIWC!!

Meijia character, the new robot character and another Fahrenheit member, Aaron Yan!!

Well, I am rooting for AB no matter what!!

I pray and pray that many more people love AB in Taiwan and SG and etc.

Please!!!!

I am reposting my comments from GHS thread.

Sue,I watched Love Forward but not Alice in Wonder City. I have to say, too , that AB is so much better written and more entertaining. I never understand the ratings game. Someone at another forum mentioned that shows from the channel that air Love Forward always seem to do well . It appears that remake from manga has lost its shine, and also FH fans are divided between Aaron and Jiro..see this article http://www.cpopaccess.com/2012/05/aaron-yan-beats-jiro-wang-by-nose-in.html

I also think it does not hurt to continue to promote the drama, which Hye Sun can't do as she is busy at school. I have noticed that the standard practice is the leads continue to promote in talk shows, variety shows, interviews and even flirt a little to get people hyped up.

Nevertheless, we all know AB is an awesome drama regardless of the ratings. It is popular at sites like mysoju, no. 7 there among many kdramas, which show 2x a week,and AB only 1x week. Let us continue to support it til the end.

Annypooh, thanks for the pics. They are so cute

Well, AB fans, shall we steel our hearts for ep 9 of AB, as from the previews, more heartache is on the way? Have a good week.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks annypooh! (repost from GHSsoompi)

Very sad...I wonder if this is the epi where Nite moves out and finds his own apt?

And would Nite work towards becoming more human by not just focusing on becoming a perfect bf but a perfect man??

keke

I saw the Korean translation of AB 8 and OMG--it is really a great script!!

XF sadly realizing that Nite has been constructed only to become a perfect bf and how she feels selfish that she never saw things from his perspective (this is start of love---right??)

XF impulsively choosing to go on the tea cup ride with Nite before seeing the movie---because she is driven by her wanting a romantic night involving beep!! with Nite---keke---and Nite does not get it yet---but the whole plan foiled by the new robot who steals her fantasy and wish......

looking forward to epi 9 and thanking viki translating team in advance!! Thanks!

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans,
Thanks, annypooh for the pics.
(my repost from GHS thread)
Just finished watching ep 9 without subs. WOW what an episode. I cried with XF. GHS is really good in this episode, and Jiro as well.. Not overdoing the hysterics, yet we can see the confusion,turmoil and sadness inside,while she was trying to figure out what happened and the feeling of betraying Night. I really like how this episode is done. Often this kind of incident is draggy and is overdone. The scene when XF told Night about it, I really feel for the both of them. Now some people might say XF was just naive and stupid to accept the drink from the new guy. First of all, this is a manga drama, but spiked drinks do happen in real life.Also in real life, love is not an easy route, and one may have to overcome difficulties too. Can't wait for subs. Thanks in advance to the viki team, who is always so fast. Episode 10 looks interesting from the preview.
What do you think of this episode, AB fans?

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

(reposted from GHS soompi)

Just saw the untranslated epi 9---WOW!

The theme of date rape or just plain rape in a comedic drama!

I don't know what they said, but I did feel that the drama did not make light of the issue.

That is terrific.

I feel subdued after this epi and very moved.

The BTS looked fun as well---were GHS, JW and Kunda putting an a skit or something together? keke

I did not hear the whole thing (epi9 was so emotional and dramatic that my mind was put on different plane and could not really enjoy the BTS) but GHS says that Jiro Wang seems very mischievous on the outside but that he is serious and quiet on the deep level. Kunda seems opposite. He seems quiet and reserved on the outside but, on getting to know him better, he is very mischievous and funny. I hope that meow13 would not mind doing some translating of the epi 9 BTS?? ke

Guest orionofthewolf

I could go into a long response to this latest episode here...
but won't. It was just tooooo sad. Jiro Wang's acting has definitely improved from his K.O. days. Though, I knew he was a good actor from ToGetHer.

My thoughts and opinions, like always, are in the recap. Hope you enjoy it. I'll try to add some screencaps when I'm able to tomorrow. It took me a lot longer to actually get the darn raw downloaded for the screencaps [i just watched the episode streaming to write the recap].

AB 9 Recap

Guest S_sun

Orionofthewolf, you are a Godsend.Thanks ever so much. Love your recaps. For an episode with so much anguish and sadness, your comments gave me some laughter.You are right about the actor being good,as we all felt like killing him. Acting sleazy without overdoing it takes some skill. I LOL when you said that XF was running away like the devil was after her and that he is.
"When Night says that all the data he’s collected on women isn’t what the company wants and is useless."   I think he meant that the data did not help him to get the girl. Of course at this stage he did not know XF has feelings for him and that Kronos used his data to create another robot. I was surprised that LWW did not know what was going on.Furthermore, did Kronos disable Night's sensors when he couldn't find XF in the hotel or is it part of him becoming more human and less of a robot?
In a situation like this,the writing can go messy,sometimes we get a lot of emotions, hysterics but not much on the thoughts. They managed to show us the evolution of Night becoming more human yet still a robot in many ways. The dilemma XF was in was well-done. Very good writing. GHS  and Jiro acting were great. I was moved by some of the scenes . I cried with XF when Night left her after she told him about it..

Ep 10 preview looks interesting. I am so looking forward to it. Is it Sunday yet?

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Orionofthewolf!

Thank you and thank you for the recap!

So many things that the AB actors, the writers and the director showed through this epi portrayed so very well the aftermath of rape and betrayal. That is my opinion. With orionofthewolf's recap, I got a better sense of how well the drama dealt with the theme. The gamut of emotions and actions shown were sensitively done in a drama that is suppose to be "light". Don't you think? Kudos to GHS for she had to show emotions of anger, confusion, fear, utter shame, depression as well as sense of hope to overcome what is one of great tragedies in our human society. We don't want to see it but it is there. Sorry for getting melodramatic. Canoot help it. keke

This drama is not just another simply feel-good romantic comedy as I thought it was initially.This is seriously a good stuff!!! Many romantic comedies hardly make you use your brain as they are suppose to make you feel good with ahs and woos and maybe few tear-jerking moments here and there. Don't get me wrong...I lenjoy good romantic comedies. But, BHAM! AB writers decided to insert into the drama many ugly and unpleasnat human conditions that result from our needs and wants and longings: the very idea of buying a boyfriend over the internet, buying 'love" at transgender and host bars, picking up "love" off the streets to shun loneliness.....and rape....

I only skimmed through the original manga in the internet, but the AB story has comedy, drama and philosophical depth. I am beginning to see the pattern of drama stories that GHS picks for her acting roles. (I am a GHS fan..hehe)

I wonder about the Kronos Heaven---who are they? They play gods with human frailites and trying to make profit at the same time. How different is that from those transgender and host bars?? I nearly thought that little boy who comes out as Zunsu's brother may represent some of the owners of Kronos Heaven. kekeke  Orionofthewolf! you may be correct in thinking that perhaps Kronos Heaven may just be interetsed in "beep". kakaka 

But looking at from the robot perspective,,,Nite's survival for his purpose in life (perfect bf) is to be permanently owned by his buyer and the the Kronos Heaven set it so that it can be accomplished only by "beep". Again, I wonder about Kronos Heaven. These Kronos Heaven people are just as immature and dumb about relationships----keke--but then I guess none of us are true experts in that dept. Nite forced himself on XF in the last episdoe as well--nearing rape...phew~~

Lastly,,,this epi also portrayed so well why so many relationhips--even good ones--may break up when hit with tragedy.

Sorry for going on and on...This epi just moved me to do so...

Thanks AB fans!

Guest orionofthewolf

Screencaps are up with the recap now! Sigh, time to go to work. Is it next Sunday yet?

Yes, both GHS and Jiro did such a good job in this episode.
Poor Xiao Fei is feeling hurt, angry, confused, guilty and unfortunately, as much as she doesn't want to hurt Night, all that goes rushing out at him instead of the person it should be directed at (Junshu). I understand a bit of her guilt (probably because she did almost kiss Junshu earlier) and her anger as her caring and naive attitude unfortunately opened up an opportunity for her to be taken advantage of.

In spite of the heavy themes, this episode really opened the door to Xiao Fei humanizing Night more and more. Sure, she might not have been so guilty if he was a normal man with a normal life, but the fact that she was torn up as she knew Night was going to get hurt by what happened and how she didn't believe she was a good girlfriend for him. So heartwrenching and you can tell her genuine feelings for him. Things go beyond the normal guilty as Night was programmed with her ideals as a perfect lover so it makes her feel even worse, but she is still focusing on Night's feelings and empathizing with him, so you know it's getting harder and harder for her to think of him as a robot.

And Jiro! When he turned himself into Wu Wu as basically a no longer needed product. How heartbreaking. You are seeing more and more of him being more human than robot as well. If he were to abide by his programming, he would do his best to stay by Xiao Fei's side instead of leaving her to ensure her happiness.

And what IS with Kronos Heaven. They are supposed to be building the ultimate lover and they create a robot that does WHAT? What Junshu did is the completely opposite of what he should have done. If he had kept playing the first love card without getting so sleazy and doing *that* to Xiao Fei, it would have been okay and Xiao Fei would have been more conflicted, but THIS! Oh how ridiculous. I'm sorry but doing that to Xiao Fei won't get you the results you want either as she DOESN'T like Junshu and nor will she ever after the stunt he pulled.

I am waiting for Junshu to pull a Night and be all innocently wondering why Xiao Fei isn't happy and doesn't like something. But given how they programmed him as a sleazy scuzzball, I won't hold my breath on that.

@cheerkoo, in the manga the highest of higher ups in Kronos Heaven were babies. BABIES! The adults were the lower level people and engineers and then as the ranks go up, the age goes down. Can you imagine how bad it would be if it were kids running it in this drama and they had a robot do that? That's just a whole lotta wrong.

And since it was a really heavy episode, here is a fun picture to lighten the mood:
boyfriend-09.0001.jpg?gl=US

HELLO! :D 
I have just started to watch this drama and OMG I just got glued to the screen (almost.. literally).
I'm not a huge fan of both Jiro or GHS, but I do love love loveee the storyline of this drama and its progress is just BRILLIANT. I salute Jiro's acting in this drama, I've watched some of his' and I think I might just turn into a hardcore fan soon. 
as for Xie Kunda omg I haven't seen him for YEARS (used to be his fan !!!) I'm glad he's doing alright, his acting skills is alright.. but his character is just WOW ..who wouldn't like a childhood friend with a friend-love complex? LOL its just weird that he needs the push in the form of her being taken, but good, nevertheless. Though he's labelled a 'loner', he's quite on par when it comes to expressing how he really feels. 
as for ep9 omg I want to KILL that that MAN who tricked Xiao Fei! 
Though it does puzzle me how some (non-random) numbers made Nite faint and I did hope that Lei Wu Wu could explain that but he got carried away when Nite asked himself to be returned :/ 
I didn't read the manga nor did I watch the japanese version ( i might in the future, but I don't want to spoil myself now hahahaha.. ) 
looking forward for the next episode! :D 

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

AB fans old and new!!

Thank you for all your posts.

annypooh! Can you give me the link to JiSun FB? Thanks for bringing the pix. I was wondering who that guy was in the BTS of AB epi 9----kakaka---this must be the nonverbal traning they were receiving so that they can understand each other with language barrier....keke

Archived