[Taiwanese Drama 2012] Absolute Boyfriend 絕對達令

sugarplum892

Hello AB :)

@kimmy thank you very much for all the spoilers :)

@orionoftheworld Thank you for the recaps :)

@kayshuliang thank you for the lyrics just like cheerko I really love the song and Olivia has very nice voice but just confusing song.

Thank you all for everything cant wait for episode 5 :)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Well, just like when I did recaps for Skip Beat!, I try to get them up on Monday or Tuesday, but it really depends on me getting my hands on the actual video which sometimes takes awhile, like it did for this week. And then there's real life. Whether or not I have time or feel up to watching dramas after I get home from work or if I have to go around catching up on chores for my grandparents. I will try to get them out during the first half of the week, but can't guarantee it.

Just thought I'd share this random bit of silliness I created after watching episode 4. Did anyone else wonder about the missing luggage? It was a minor detail that drove me crazy...

Anywho, enjoy. I'm thinking about doing a new video a week, but will have to see...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=568547450035

keke---yes, of course,,,life and loved ones first....

I find that this link that meow13 gave us usually gets download very quickly--quicker than viki...

just fyi~

http://sugoiid.info/...english-subbed/

Thanks so much...

----------------------------------

I saw in Jiro Wang's fan facebook that Absolute Boyfriend is having an autograph session on May 13th

Absolute Boyfriend Autograph Session::

2012/05/13 13.00 @Tainan

2012/05/13 18.00 @Taichung

I would not thnk GHS will attend...right??

https://www.facebook.com/jirowang0824

Guest pinkaholic17

Will this TW version will have the same ending in the Manga or JP version? :( omo i dont want it to end that way. It's so sad :tears:

Guest S_sun

Hello AB fans,

Was away for a week. Just caught up with ep 4. Absolutely love it! Also watched ep 5 without subs. The acting from all the casts are so amazing that one can follow the gist of the episode and enjoy it . I do not know which one to cheer for. The competition is on. They are both perfect in their own ways. Of course Night has a lot to learn about humans emotions and relationships but he is catching on pretty fast..Both Jiro and Kun Da are acting their characters perfectly. I love the pace of the plot and in each episode the growth of Xiao Fei and Night yet it is light and hilarious. Goo Hye Sun is at her best here with her big expressive eyes and all the different facial expresssions. In her quiet moments she delivers as well. Xiao Fei and Lei Wu Wu scenes are so out of this world hilarious! Kudos to the writer and the director.

Orionofthewolf, thanks for the recaps. You are funny. Hope you will continue the recaps despite the busy real world.

Thanks to all who commented and shared your thoughts here. It enhances the enjoyment of this wonderful drama.

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

hello AB fans and welcome back S_sun!!

I am checking on how much are the epi5 translated.

Part 1 is now translated 100% by the amazing viki translators!!

Amazing..it is work of love!!

You will love ZS's little brother and his container philosophy---it says a lot about ZS and all of us...sometimes it would be nice and uncomplicated if it could be....

Guest S_sun

hello AB fans and welcome back S_sun!!

I am checking on how much are the epi5 translated.

Part 1 is now translated 100% by the amazing viki translators!!

Amazing..it is work of love!!

You will love ZS's little brother and his container philosophy---it says a lot about ZS and all of us...sometimes it would be nice and uncomplicated if it could be....

Sue, thanks for the heads up for viki.Yes , the viki team are working so hard and enjoying it. Part 1 is so funny with subs. ZS's brother is smart. If only life is so simple....Besides the great acting and directing, I think the reason I love this drama so much is because of the way it is written,so hilarious yet so meaningful and touching.  That was very clever of Zhi Xi. Hire someone else to do your work so you will be free to earn more money. Isn't that how the business world works , too? I will be stalking viki for the other parts.

Guest Kimmy10

Hi Ab lovers

Gif from Ep 4

tumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o1_r1_250.giftumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o3_r1_250.giftumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o2_r1_250-1.gif

tumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o5_r1_250.giftumblr_m3l5vxnk4J1qgfew7o6_r1_250.gif

Cr Dramalatte

tumblr_m3i6t9783W1robrxno1_500.gif

Cr Falseescape

Oh I am so loving ep 5

Oh Zhong Si :(

524342_474378699242464_265250893488580_111293485_1546281498_n.jpg

550160_475405999139734_265250893488580_111297594_51906951_n.jpg

Cr Fb

Mysoju has Ep 5 with Eng sub up

http://www.mysoju.com/taiwanese-drama/absolute-boyfriend/

552865_474792075867793_265250893488580_111295040_231148416_n.jpg

581998_474776465869354_265250893488580_111295013_758174914_n.jpg

Could anyone translate this article please?

466201_475482045798796_265250893488580_111297687_956662865_o.jpg

Cr Fb

Kimmy----dont you feel bad for SZ? im about to ship to SZ/XF now....seeing how he has always been there for her. No NITE, you better not mess it up or ELSE...hehehhe

Cheerkoo- i agree. i expected NITE to kiss someone else, BUT i didnt expect it to be XF's exfriend....dang but that hurt even more!!!!!

i cant wait for the "adultnap" part by LWW...hehehhe

Kimmy----dont you feel bad for SZ? im about to ship to SZ/XF now....seeing how he has always been there for her. No NITE, you better not mess it up or ELSE...hehehhe

Cheerkoo- i agree. i expected NITE to kiss someone else, BUT i didnt expect it to be XF's exfriend....dang but that hurt even more!!!!!

i cant wait for the "adultnap" part by LWW...hehehhe

same here I really like SZ

Just finished episode 5 with english sub another great episode, SZ confessing to XF well kind of :)

I love the part when the 3 of them are in the elevator that was really cute scene :)

@kimmy thanks for GIF and the pictures its so cute :)

Guest orionofthewolf

Accursed internet connection issues. Anywho. Finally got to watching AB 5 and the recap is up!!! Woot. I can't wait for episode 6. I did like how they did the reset in the jdrama and am curious how it will play out in this one.

Enjoy! AB 5 Recap

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

AB fans!!

Thanks so much for all your posts!

orionofthewolf , Thanks so much for your recap. I enjoy the way you write.

My feeling about Epi 5 is that XF cares for Nite very much. Robor or not, she really cares. Even with all the trouble he causes and he is not at all perfect, she refuses to treat him like a robot/something that she bought like the lady at the bar.

But both XF and Nite are very similar in that they don't know how to communicate their innner feelings properly. They just act out and mostly in the wrong ways so far. XF could have told Nite that what he is doing at the exclusive bar does not make her feel good, even if he has to gather the data for the company. But instead, she interferes with Nite's work at the bar by putting herself in the middle and even sells herself to the lady. Somehow the concept of selling oneself/body for love/money has come out  often in this drama. That sad underlying concept sticks around a lot in this drama. XF refuses to use Nite in that way.

I love the reasons that ZS loves XF: she may be dumb and not pretty, but she is bubbly, has good values and afraid of being alone. He loves her unconditionally. Kunda's acting in this epi 5 was just so amazing. XF kind of loves Nite like (GHS loves her Potato--keke).

She is more shocked by ZS's confession. I think XF does get that ZS likes her but she is more shocked about it because she herself never treated him well---she feels that ZS just cannot like her when she used to bully him, force him to do her homework, pull down his pants, punch him around, etc. So, she has not pondered or thought too much about ZS as a possible bf all these years. Her mind goes back and forth and the fact that Nite is creating a stress for her now does not give her the space to think more about it.

GHSFoever-sis...i'm forgetting NITE and rooting for SZ n XF now. hahahha.

SZ cant really blame XF for not responding to his confession. i woudlnt either if i were her.

shoot, one min you hugged the girl, the next min you told her she's ugly with an unattractive body, what do you expect her to think? you lil ding dong you!

ep 6 preview

now im off to read orioofthewolf's recap. hehe...thanks dear!

Guest S_sun

Accursed internet connection issues. Anywho. Finally got to watching AB 5 and the recap is up!!! Woot. I can't wait for episode 6. I did like how they did the reset in the jdrama and am curious how it will play out in this one.

Enjoy! AB 5 Recap

Orionofthewolf, thanks for the recaps. You have a relaxed style which makes it easy and enjoyable to read. We may differ a little in our opinions as I did not find the pace draggy. I thought we are getting more into the relationships . ZS kinda of confessed but he is sending mixed signals to XF , who as we all know is naive about relationships. As ZS said, she is not smart, she is going to take a while to figure out ZS unless he is clearer about his intentions. We do get the hint that she is happy when she is with him. Then we have Night, who is beginning to act different to what he is programmed, and XF developing feelings for Night ( although she is still treating him like a property). Yeah some of the things do not seem logical. I find remakes are like that and there is a certain fantasy element to the story. I tend to look for the entertainment value and if it touches some depths and heart. For the moment, AB is hitting the right spots for me and I love this director style.

AB fans, thanks for all your comments.

Sue, I feel sad for the ratings decline. I am also following the no 1 spot , Love Forward, at that time slot. The story is predictable and not as entertaining. I think people are more invested in that drama as it is several episodes ahead and the leads are better known. I never understand the ratings in Korea or in Taiwan. I watched Tdramas to get a break from kdramas as they are different. I do know that since tdramas are preproduced while the drama is airing , the cast will promote a lot by appearing in lots of talk shows and interviews and fansigning events. Often you see the leads have become close friends and they may even flirt a little. Rumours of dating will be out sometimes. In fact they kind of encourage that to promote the drama. The male or female leads may promise the fans that they will do something if the ratings go to a certain level e.g. swimming naked, etc. Maybe Taiwan fans can elaborate further for us here?

Ep 6 preview looks interesting.  Such a long wait to Sunday....

Guest orionofthewolf

Thanks to all for saying you like my recaps! I am always worried about it they are okay enough and not too long and boring.

@S_sun I think it could be I find it laggy because it seemed like the jdrama's plot was a LOT quicker in many ways. Although, in this version Xiao Fei really came to like Night rather quickly while it seemed to take the Japanese actress a wee bit longer to understand how much she really cared for her robot lover.

I am watching and recapping Love Forward, too and I can't see how it would be so popular, even with the leads. I don't dislike it, but it is fairly predictable. I have pretty much guessed almost every plot twist they've thrown in thus far. And I agree with Heisui at My Drama Tea with a lot of her opinions about the show.

@cheerkoo I really like your analysis about the characters. It makes more sense to me now when I think about how you explained it.

Hello AB lovers :)

@orionofthewolf thanks for the episode 5 recapp I really appreciate it :)

@cheerko is it really true that the ratings went down for AB :(

@annypooh yes im having second lead syndrome myself I love Penny :)

I know its been awhile since Im done with school I can make MV now yeahhhh

want to share my MV hope you guys like it :)

My link

Thanks in advance for watching :)

Absolute Boyfriend fighting :)

Hello AB lovers :)

@orionofthewolf thanks for the episode 5 recapp I really appreciate it :)

@cheerko is it really true that the ratings went down for AB :(

@annypooh yes im having second lead syndrome myself I love Penny :)

I know its been awhile since Im done with school I can make MV now yeahhhh

want to share my MV hope you guys like it :)

My link

Thanks in advance for watching :)

Absolute Boyfriend fighting :)

oh my sis....i LOVE the song. it is beautiful!!!!! always enjoying your MVs. thanks babe!

Archived