[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xbeybidollx said: akikisetsu said: Now that I've seen it with subs, I feel as if I should just marathon it when it's done coz the waiting and the possibility of my final pairing not happening is right around the corner.  Everything's just so uncertain and unpredictable, and I'm not sure if my heart can take it. 
With the tension, the rumors swirling around of the final pairing, the merry-go-round of emotions, it feels as if they shot this for 4 months, instead of 4 days.

My mid-season opinion.....

Jiwon, Kevin, N and Eunyoung:  Though they prefer a specific person right now, but it looks like even a weak gust of wind can dislodge that person from them.  Especially Jiwon, though she always chooses Minhyuk now, but I think the dates are important to her, hence changes may happen.  I just hope that Kevin and N can step it up a bit, bring in the personality.  And Eunyoung, continue the cuteness.
G.Na  Though her pride was hurt (understandable!), I still see her as, not really being interested with the other guys, only Jong Hoon till the end.  Her reaction after the mid-selection was the most extreme amongst the girls....maybe because.....her feelings were deeper?
Minhyuk  I'll be honest, I wasn't fond of his wishy washy ways and then him denying it, kinda made me iffy about him.  Jiwon, Yewon, EunYoung and 2 of the guys (except N, bromance for the win!) were all in agreement that he was playing sweet music with the 2 girls.  I just felt like he knew that he was stringing along the girls, but didn't have the courage to own up to it when confronted.  It made him appear really young (maturity level) compared to the other guys.
Jong Hoon  I did like his interviews and his consideration for the girls feelings, it showed me how much he likes Yewon and his maturity.  But, it seems as if he's gonna have his heart broken.   If so, with that devotion, can he shift his interest to one of the other girls?  If he can, then I'll be disappointed in him.hehehe
Yewon, The lady in the middle.  I'm not sure what kind she prefers, the comfortable (Minhyuk) or the take-charge kind of guy(Jong Hoon), but I feel she's more into Minhyuk.   I think she was conscious of the attention and devotion that JongHoon's showering her, hence she's more aware of her actions and reactions.   I find it hard to read her, she maybe bubbly and talkative, but her emotions are kinda in-check.

------

Jong Hoon's ideal type?
C774D64DAE30CD5CC885D6C8_zps7db4ea60.jpgcr   http://cfile236.uf.daum.net/image/152996504FF3EDB735ED07

I was trying to hide the picture under spoiler, but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing, anyone knows?

athirah said: Looking at season 1 editing, the preview might be different than what we thought. But seriously this show made me realised how good looking jonghoon is and how catchy their song is.. the lyrics kept playing in my head all the time. ~lonely lonely~Wasn't big fan of FT.Island, they were in my top least fav kpop idols.  The show is a good place promotion for unknown member.

divyanair said: Okay, so I really have to write this. I have been watching R&I after Teukso left, I like season 2 better. Maybe because it has more stuff going on, or because of Jonghoon. I didn't even know who he was until right now. I only knew him through Chocoball (Heenim fan here!^^) and I am pleasantly surprised. How did I not notice this handsome guy with amazing body in my entire life? But I didn't like him because of his looks (it's different for everyone) but I liked him for his personality. He isn't afraid, and from the beginning, he liked Yewon. He didn't know she was going to be in it, and when he knew, he was really elated. He didn't hide his feelings nor did he pretend anything. He confronted like a real man, and Yewon should be lucky (on my personal note). She is having a man's full attention, not to mention a beautiful man's attention, and she is not taking it seriously? I mean, he even left G.NA (even though I am a girl, she is seriously hot) for her! I agree that the mention about Minhyuk to her in the middle of the date is not good, but Jonghoon needs some hope! He has even trying to get her attention throughout the episodes. Considering how desperate he is, he has to confront with Minhyuk for his feelings. He is really taking this real, and I hope Yewon is too. And about Jonghoon being a player (about leaving G.NA for Yewon), on what bases are you making that conclusion? Just because he has some girl idol's phone numbers makes him a player? Please, he is too sweet for being a player, and believe me, I had plenty of those in my life. And while we are at the topic of players, it's rather safe to say Minhyuk is here for fun rather than he is a player. He is a rookie, and being in a relationship could risk that. As I notice in the previous season and now, the producers take some unknown members and mix them up with famous idols. Anyways, back on Minhyuk, he is here for fun, rather than finding a stable relationship, which is what Jonghoon (and Yewon I hope) is trying to find. They are completely two different people, and have different styles. And about Jonghoon's eagerness and being too fast, he is desperate. He really wants Yewon to look at his love, and he knows that he wouldn't get another chance after this. I mean, people will suspect and he doesn't care, but Yewon would.

The next would be the preview for the next episode. There can be two reasons (personal opinion again) which are:
A) he confessed - which is a common guess by everyone.
B) Yewon thought he was acting and he got hurt - this show is just variety for the audience. People carve for dramas and love triangles. Yewon thought he is acting, considering this is a variety show rather than reality. We really don't know if this is scripted or not, and we can't find that out. How would you feel if your crush thinks you are acting when you are confessing? (been there, done that). It doesn't feel good. He got hurt, things got awkward. I know that he is real with his feelings. Idols don't just come and say they like someone, and I love him for his guts. He is at least having only one girl in his heart, and not wandering, unlike some people *cough* JB *cough*

If he really as no hope, I think he will leave her alone, and go solo. He might confront Minhyuk again, to know that he shouldn't hurt Yewon. Jonghoon will go as far as he can, but when he knows that he can't get what he wants, I think he will back out. Ultimately, he wants Yewon to be happy, in my personal opinion, but you don't have to consider it.

plliar said: inxomnia said:
"LOL.. I felt so awkward watching that part, so it must've been awkward for them personally. Not the convo, but the going back from having your interests/overlapping interests revealed and talking as if there was no tension or awkwardness. Sadly, there was no in the bedroom ladies/men talk... even though you can tell the girls have gotten pretty close to each other."

Yea, everyone had different feelings it seems. Happy EY, hurt Gna, jolly Minhyuk (before JH scolded him), frustrated JH, etc.

Do you think all of them are close? I actually had an impression, especially this episode, that G.Na (and maybe the other 2 girls too) might not be that close to Jiwon. But I dunno for sure...

@coffeebeanie, thanks for the explanation ^^

So, this episode was interesting in a sense that now I see some of them in a different light.
- EY is great. The show is babo for not showing her more often. And, she comes across as the most light out of all girls. Too bad she didn't get her date with N, but she still has a chance, especially since Jiwon doesn't like N. Also, it would be fun to see her with Minhyuk. I think they would have had fun on their date.
- Kevin. Kevin is so mysterious... that we barely get to see him, hence nothing really to say. I hope his faith changes in next episodes, because otherwise he seems more like a filler on this show. Cruel but really that's how it is right now.
- G.na... is really honest and I like it. The casting is really not that great this season, because I'm sure there are tons of guys who would have courted her. Even younger ones would have approached her.
- Jonghoon... I dunno. The guy gave his all. Respect for that. But, I just don't think that Yewon is very into him. Better say she likes him (maybe) but she's more into Minhyuk. I'm just comparing her dates with Minhyuk where she was really open and outspoken and the scenes they showed in the last episode, she was really quite with JH.
- Yewon. I just noticed something about her this episode. This girl is really prideful and can hold a grudge. And yeah, still wondering who's the guy on the scooter.
- Minhyuk... YA! Can you stop being so confusing?! And stop contradicting yourself! At first he was sure who to choose, then he started doubting, afterwards he's saying that he feels the most comfortable with Yewon, then he says something else, then he says that he likes Yewon's personality in front of everybody... Oh my god. Just go and choose N next time.
- Jiwon. No offense. Nothing personal. I just don't like her.

*sigh* no one can beat Ji-hyunxHyungsik couple.

chrissatinee said: I see Jonghoon getting all the hate for the recent episode.

As a girl, I prefer someone like Jonghoon over Minhyuk. Jonghoon was straightforward and although he seemed a little 'rude' to call out Minhyuk in front of everybody, it was a bold move. He said the things that Yewon wanted to say but didn't.

I feel bad for G.Na too but hey, this is how feelings work. Jonghoon didn't have feelings for G.Na and didn't lead her on, while Minhyuk is leaning towards Yewon more but still is 'testing' out other girls (specifically, Jiwon). It is normal.. but we have to be realistic here. This show is recorded in 4 days and 3 nights and he doesn't have much time to go lead 2 people on. I shipped Minhyuk & Yewon all the way in the beginning, but I'm liking Jonghoon a lot more now.

I have no doubt that Eunyoung & N will be together in the end. As for the others.. is it possible for them to stay solo?

inxomnia said: he doesn't like how Minhyuk seems to be stringing along Yewon whilst interested in Jiwon or vice versa, especially since Minhyuk was the one who got Yewon's 'vote'. His pride is hurt and hence the lecture.

Guest xbeybidollx

I Agree with everyone..obviously they r drinking at that moment they maybe a littlr drunk and obviously Jonghun pride is crushed bcoz he thought Yewon will choose him in the mid-selection but did not ..what is hurting him the mosttttt thatt his love Yewon chose a guy whose been flirting with another gurl and is just saying you chose a guy like that over me? i gave tried my best to show u how much i feel for u in the aquarium. since we saw his interview that he really did his best in the. free dating..Jonghun is scary hence bcoz he is too transparent about his ofeelings when he is disappointed or frustrated he can say it or show it HE DOES NOT HIDE HIS TRUE FEELINGS.. DONT WE GIRLS PREFER A GUY AS HONEST LIKE HIM??? ♥♥ RATHER THAN A GUY PRETENDING TO LIKE YOU BUT NOT ACTUALLY LIKE YOU??? -_-

@xbeybidollx, Well, I think you present a sound argument, but I can't respond just yet. I need to watch JH a bit more. So far his strategy was to be liked and accepted... actually, at the end, his goal was to have a date with Yewon at least once. In other words, he behaved nicely and didn't get a chance to have a date with Yewon until now. If he really likes her, then of course he would want to make a good impression on her (I'm talking pre-date period right now). My concern is only to see if his attitude changes after he gets his date.

I'm really hoping they kept the song shuffles because I discovered so many nice songs there.. and the truth room (though the editing for that was horrible) just because I'd to see everyone just sit down and speak honestly to each other - there's been too many misunderstandings and conflicts this season LOL. Why won't tvn tell us how many eps they're showing? T_T

@inxomnia, I completely agree with you! The song shuffles and truth room are my favourite parts on the show!

@twinkystar, Thank you so much for the translation. Hmm... sounds mysterious as to what happens to whom XD

Guest temperateclimate

Episode 12 text preview ...

As usual, just a summary of the key points ...

-  For Ye-Won's sake, Jong-Hoon shows aegyo for the first time in his life and even drives long distances ... However, Ye-Won is somewhat burdened by his feelings. Caught between the boy she likes and the boy who likes her, what will Ye-Won's choice be?

-  Eun-Young and Kevin find themselves meeting up again since their preferences match up once more after the necklace shuffle. They go on a romantic yacht date by themselves and slowly begin to open their hearts to each other.

- Ji-Won and N also find themselves with matching preferences again.  They get along comfortably as friends but peculiar feelings leading to a budding match begin to be put in motion.

- Scenes of these idols' "forehead kisses", which are more romantic than those in films, will be revealed.

- G.NA, who was hurt/saddened by Jong-Hoon in last week's episode, gets to let out a sigh of relief as she goes on a date with her cute dongsaeng Min-Hyuk. They meet Ji-Won and N at the go-kart venue and embark on a fun turbo (group) date. However, Ji-Won is continuously bothered/concerned because of Min-Hyuk's uncharacteristic bad/unhappy facial expressions which appear throughout the day.

- The third night on Jeju-do - Song Preference Shuffle Time.

One boy's stellar song selection which makes the hearts of all four girls flutter.

Everything about my girl makes my heart flutter.

The choice of a particular song to make that boy's heart turn back. or ( He who chooses a particular song to make [her] heart turn back.)

The boy who's always waited for that one girl.

The boy who didn't get selected by anyone.

And ... the tears of the girl whose heart is in pain ...

---------------

The section on the song preference shuffle sounds rather choppy and disjointed ... sorry about that. I'm having a hard time phrasing the words into English equivalents since it all sounds so fluid and smooth in Korean. As long the general gist gets across ... I suppose it'll suffice? Please pardon my inadequacies!  ;)

Archived