[Variety] The Romantic (더 로맨틱)

Guest didilovebi

Guest nurianhu

tumblr_mgl9pwQv1K1rkgc85o1_250.giftumblr_mgl9pwQv1K1rkgc85o2_250.gif

tumblr_mgl9pwQv1K1rkgc85o3_250.giftumblr_mgl9pwQv1K1rkgc85o4_250.gif

tumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo1_250.giftumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo2_250.gif
tumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo3_250.giftumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo4_250.gif
tumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo5_250.giftumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo6_250.gif
tumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo7_250.giftumblr_mgae1vMxMo1rsmxozo8_250.gif cr: btobgifs

I just love them so much together. Minhyuk really hurt Yewon's feelings when she overhead him say that he wanted Jiwon to pick the necklace.
I hope they talk about this in next episode :(

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any kind soul can translate the text preview ep 11 fr Hangul to English http://theromantic.interest.me/Index/9/Board/List. Thanks in advance. looks like minhyuk middle selection could be yewon and yewon's choice could be jonghoon.. Again triangle love... i hope to see other couple as well n not just surround yewon minhyuk jonghoon or jiwon..

Guest temperateclimate

Glanced at the written preview for Episode 11

- The remainder of the mid-time selections. Surprising choices will be revealed.

- During the interviews conducted after the mid-time selections, the idols make shocking confessions. Being in an increasing state of mental breakdown, their unexpected actions will also be revealed.

- The psychological battle between Jong-Hoon and Min-Hyuk begins.

- Misunderstandings and jealousy arise because of the love triangle.

- Clothing preference shuffle.

-----------------------------------------

So it looks like the upcoming episode 11 will feature MORE MORE MORE of the JongHoon-YeWon-MinHyuk love triangle.  This arc is certainly compelling and dramatic in itself but I do really want to see more airtime devoted to the other participants, especially Eun-Young, N, and Kevin. It's a pity that they've been allotted such paltry attention for the previous episodes. I'd like to see more footage showing Eun Young's frank and funny interview moments, N's considerate nature and good manners (It's so sweet that he always asks permission before holding hands.), and Kevin breaking out of his shell and finding his niche, etc.

^ Thank you so much for the translations! I think the upcoming episode is going to be an eye-opener seeing who chooses who, especially the lesser featured cast. I think it has the potential to change the course of the show ie who/ what gets featured more and towards shaping the final pairs... unless we get blindsided like with Mir/Jei. 

Okay the lame editing either boils down to one of two things: the editors love love triangles and drama or the show was horrible at casting. I mean, I would love to get to know the others but I do think the love triangle is probably the most compelling part of the show at the moment. I like the other couples, but the chemistry is pretty off. In Season 1, we had such a diverse mix of personalities; and the clincher is that the boys were more outgoing than the girls, hence bringing them out of their shells. Let's be frank, it's a dating show and though I'm generalising, most of the girls will hope the guys will lead. So far, we don't really have that. The only guys who truly lead are Jonghoon and Minhyuk, and if I'm being generous, N. I think the guys need to step it up because they can really set and control the pace of the coupling. I mean, look at Jonghoon, from not interacting Yewon and shyly looking on to taking the initiative and have her take notice of his feelings for her. Or Minhyuk, planting these little seedlings of hope in Jiwon's mind. I'm not trying to blame them, and the thing is the show cuts out so much that we don't see but realistically, if they did do something bold, I'm sure the editors would've squished that in there somewhere instead of just showcasing the awkward scenes where they did the mission. Heck, they even showed the back hug mission
twice, and that's probably a horrible indicator that there is not enough romantic material for them to be putting through. 
Frankly speaking, as slow as the last season was it was a fair playing ground. I mean, I hate to compare and say one's better than the other, it's just there are a lot of people hating on Jonghoon/Yewon/Minhyuk for being in a love triangle and dominating so much time. It lies in the fault of the producers and the editors, not the cast. I mean, it's a reality show and they're being themselves and being all randomly attracted to each other. It's not a variety show where there are strict love lines nor must you stay with that partner, it's all about the courtship in R&I. No one is together, no one needs to remain loyal to each other because nothing's official. 
I'm hoping that this time around, N and Kevin get paired up with someone they've been with before so they can be more comfortable and actually grab some airtime. I know the premise of the show is the shuffles, but unfortunately I don't think their personalities are cut out for continuously being awkwardly paired off. Nor are they proactive enough to seek someone out, and in N's case I think it's because he hasn't shown that strong an interest in anyone. And that's why I'm excited to see his choice, because even though he and Eunyoung are cute, he picked her because she was his first date and he didn't know anyone else yet.. which doesn't really scream attraction to me. 

Sorry for the long rant but I've seen quite a lot of hating being flung about (elsewhere, not here/just here) between Yewon/Jonghoon/GNA/Minhyuk/Jiwon... when really it's free for all really. Let them mingle and date. The reason why idols don't date is because fans start hating and trying to rationalise and dictate who they should date and who is worthy for them. I mean, let their feelings reign, guys. 

@ temperateclimate, thank you so much for the translations! Seems like Minhyuk is stepping up his game.

@ inxomnia, Yeah, it could be that the problem was with the show's casting this time around. The idols are quite all right though. I mean, I only knew about G.Na and Jonghoon, while I had no idea who the others are. But like you said it looks like they don't have enough material to show us and as a result we see some moments twice. Perhaps there's no chemistry between the others? Like they don't have romantic feelings and are not even interested in just playing (i.e, as a friends or for entertainment). And it seems that most of them are fixed on their first dates (i.e., Eunyoung, Kevin, G.Na, Yewon).

Also, this season they don't really show interactions between same sexes, 'cause last time we saw how girls were deciding or contemplating. And, yeah, cute and non-verbal moments between Minhyuk and N are... still non-verbal.

Oh! But N's decision is defs worth watching!

Guest xbeybidollx

just a hunch on the preview that Yewon will choose Jonghun over Minhyuk because very obvious she was a bit hurt and that moment will ring a bell to Minhyuk indecisive mind and now found his competitor Jonghyun strong determination in winning Yewon heart then the love triangle begins.. actually as fas as i want to see others match im really into the triangle maybe alot been waiting for it thats why they just gave that preview for audience to really feel the thrill but i agree with GNA its really cruel how mid selection will broadcast right unto their faces.. in this kind of show they should be prepared to be fluttered nor be hurt if their selection wont select them back thats why this is a reality show. We should just enjoy the ride! ;) never hate the outcome!

@temperateclimate thank you for the translation.

@inxomnia I have to agree I am one of the people that would like it if they would shift the focus on the others but I am starting to think just maybe the others are just bringing nothing on the table romance wise for now. So far this season the people that have clicked romantically is, Minhyuk/Yewon and possibly Jonghoon/Yewon and Minhyuk/Jiwon. Of course there has only been two episodes and it could change later on but so far the other's don't seem really that interested in anyone.
In season one they really did luck out with the cast. I also think that since the beginning they all had better chemistry with each other, this season it does seem slighty awkward.

inxomnia said: It's not a variety show where there are strict love lines nor must you stay with that partner, it's all about the courtship in R&I. No one is together, no one needs to remain loyal to each other because nothing's official. 

Guest dewirama

Glanced at the written preview for Episode 11- The remainder of the mid-time selections. Surprising choices will be revealed.- During the interviews conducted after the mid-time selections' date=' the idols make shocking confessions. Being in an increasing state of mental breakdown, their unexpected actions will also be revealed.- The psychological battle between Jong-Hoon and Min-Hyuk begins.- Misunderstandings and jealousy arise because of the love triangle.- Clothing preference shuffle.-----------------------------------------So it looks like the upcoming episode 11 will feature MORE MORE MORE of the JongHoon-YeWon-MinHyuk love triangle.  This arc is certainly compelling and dramatic in itself but I do really want to see more airtime devoted to the other participants, especially Eun-Young, N, and Kevin. It's a pity that they've been allotted such paltry attention for the previous episodes. I'd like to see more footage showing Eun Young's frank and funny interview moments, N's considerate nature and good manners (It's so sweet that he always asks permission before holding hands.), and Kevin breaking out of his shell and finding his niche, etc.[/quote']

omo!! the preview makes me nervous as it said that the psychological battle of minhyuk-jonghoon & misunderstanding+jealousy are up in love triangle..

ah btw, did anyone notice that yewon-minhyuk's face kinda look alike & it happens to eunyoung-N's face too..

the next mission -forehead kiss- is my worth-waiting.. hahahaha

Guest dewirama

@nurianhu

aigoo~ plz, don't let it be to minhyuk..

hope yewon realize the true heart of minhyuk.. as he said about the necklace thing, i hope yewon don't think hard about that.. minhyuk is a type of guy who like joking around, rite?

don't know why but i hv a feeling that minhyuk-yewon will be like jisik couple who always stick together..

& hope jonghoon don't be the 2nd of jb.. i think N will end up with jiwon & eunyoung will end up with kevin.. i wonder what happen to eunyoung-kevin as the preview in the 1st epsd shown to us..

Guest crimsonredd5

This is my hunch, for the final selection will be as follows:
Yewon & Jonghoon
N & Jiwon
Eunyong & Kevin
and yes Minhyuk will be with Gna (brother/sister couple type). They will be a couple just so they won't end up alone. 
@nurianhu the picture of N & Jiwon was posted by N on his twitter.

I'd prefer these couples:

Yewon & Jonghoon (both want a serious relationship)
Minhyuk & jiwon (well, they seem interested in each other)
Eunyong & N (so cute together)
Gna & Kevin (same age, they both look more mature than the rest of the cast)

Ha, that would be so perfect, and no one would be left behind. I hope he feelings will follow...

Guest nurianhu

I think Yewon will pick Minhyuk in the middle selection because she said she was gonna vomit when Jiwon picked Minhyuk and it was her turn. :P

Guest xbeybidollx

can anyone share where i can watch idol and romantic live stream? thanks ------------ prediction mid-selection yewon - jonghoon gna - jonghoon N - jiwon Minhyuk - yewon jonghoon - yewon kevin - eunyong eunyong - N

Guest H2_Fever

HI Gurls... I'm dying to join the conversations :D

I love this show .. Season 1 was driving me crazy especially Jihyun-Hyungsik couple.. I watched their scenes many times.
Too bad the episodes was too short .

Season 2 , not as interesting as season 1. dont know why maybe the casts (?)
but in this season.. i love to see Yewon and Jonghoon . for some reason Jonghoon is a better guy for her than Minhyuk. and i think we can see he likes Yewon more than Minhyuk. Jonghoon is a lovely guy with a beautiful smile and even tho in necklace shuffle he was with Gna but he was still treated her good ( not like JB to Seungah) he stole my heart at that time :)

i'd love to see Yewon & Jonghoon, Minhyuk & Jiwon , N & Eunyong .

I dont know about GNa and Kevin so far ..

*sorry for my english :)*

Ooh she's wearing the same thing in this pic, wonder if the guy is her final pick ... and if so, who isserttt? credit: the romantic and idol facebook page
72499_337542013026613_1333236636_n.pnghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/72499_337542013026613_1333236636_n.png

snowy22

said:

credit: yewon twitter

I believe these pics is from the romantic season 2 last episode.

x4ex4n.jpg

middle selection prediction:

yewon -> joonhoon

joonhoon-> yewon

minhyuk -> yewon

N-> jiwon

kelvin-> jiwon

eunyoung->N

g.na-> joonhoon

Archived