Announcing Soompi 3.0 Beta Test

melkimx

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Soompi should consider the 6theory forum situation if they are planning to do the later one.

6Theory lost a large component of it's user since changing platform.

Recently, situation there has became even worse, with resemblance of an internal civil war. Pretty much what happened a few of the old 6theory members created a new forum called "hallyu8" attracting the most of the remaining 6theory members to migrate there.

But then again the main problem of the new 6theory was the long wait for simple features.... with lack of dedication of the admins

Lack of basic features, no coordination/communication between the users/mods and the administration (I feel bad for the mods there, they're having a lot of software issues that they have no control over that the admin won't do pink berry about and have to watch their community die murdered), drastic change of environment/rules (I think the CEO just tried to make 6 theory civil like Soompi forums)

If it was just lack of basic features I'm sure 6 theory would still have most of its users. Right now many users there are mad at the CEO and his immaturity and left for that reason.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xeudaemonic

Will we also be seeing a new look to the Soompi homepage and forum? New skin, new color scheme, etc? If this has already been asked please forward the answer, haha.

• Autosave drafts of a forum post or thread,
  • Ability to bring members into a thread by mentioning them,
  • Search features per individual forum,
  • Embed YouTube videos,
  • Some badges and miscellaneous voting features (no negatives).

:wub:

Guest Boomx2Brian

I wish the neg votes would be back. When/if I make a unpopular or stupid comment its helpful to if its made known to me rather than it go unknown to me.

Guest knockblock

• Ability to bring members into a thread by mentioning them

So if I say another member is my favorite poster, he/she will be drawn to it?

Guest mrvision

Unless they go for "6theory" which I doubt since the layout is very different from most known forums (vbulletin, ipb, phpbb). Plus, it may reduce Soompi's active forum users a s it did with allkpop.

I'd assume they will go for vBulletin. I know of one vBulletin board that has approximately 5 Million members and over 100,000,000 posts. Which makes soompi look like a kindergarten. Or a homegrown version of PHPBB (like gaja) which hosts over 10 mil members.

My money is on vbulletin, my eyes too, as it is as close to IPB as you get

So if I say another member is my favorite poster, he/she will be drawn to it?

pretty sure you have to "tag" them like on Facebook and many other forums. @knockblock or [user]knockblock[/user] smells bad.

Guest knockblock

pretty sure you have to "tag" them like on Facebook and many other forums. @knockblock or [user]knockblock[/user] smells bad.

I wish you left out the last part.

If you're mocking me I don't like it.

HOW MUCH LONGNNNGWEEERRR?

haha

=)

Sorry to inform you that the site launch has been delayed! We will be doing a beta launch this week (probably Thursday or Friday) for all Friends of Soompi and Soompi staff, so when it's up, FOS and staff will be asked to check it out. The site-wide launch should take place a week later.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Look at it this way... the longer it takes, the more bugs will be worked on in advanced through testing, etc. They are taking their time to make sure it'd one right the first time. ;-) I can most definitely wait for that, as i'm fine with it now....

Oh okay in that case, take as long as you need! <3

I'm willing to waitttttttt cuz I love soompi.

Oh okay in that case, take as long as you need! <3

I'm willing to waitttttttt cuz I love soompi.

it makes me feel really bad to say this, but... we will make you wait after all T_T we're really sorry to have set a deadline that we couldn't meet, but the developers have been fixing up a lot of stuff and it's been taking longer than they thought. soomp! and crew have been staying up until 4:30, 5 am every night for the past week and a half and reporting to work as usual in the morning, so just know that they are working really hard to make things right, and please support them!

at this point, i think i've learned my lesson about asking the developers for hard deadlines. all i can say for sure is that it's not going to happen this week. again, my apologies!

it makes me feel really bad to say this, but... we will make you wait after all T_T we're really sorry to have set a deadline that we couldn't meet, but the developers have been fixing up a lot of stuff and it's been taking longer than they thought. soomp! and crew have been staying up until 4:30, 5 am every night for the past week and a half and reporting to work as usual in the morning, so just know that they are working really hard to make things right, and please support them!

at this point, i think i've learned my lesson about asking the developers for hard deadlines. all i can say for sure is that it's not going to happen this week. again, my apologies!

It's okay! ^__^ I know I'm willing to wait as long as it doesn't crash or leaves me out of the house! ahah

<3

I'm excited actually!

Guest tlbpc

I wish the neg votes would be back. When/if I make a unpopular or stupid comment its helpful to if its made known to me rather than it go unknown to me.

I STRONGLY object to bringing back the neg votes.  It gives rival fans to undermine comments, to discourage purposely and it's very rude! I'm very happy that the neg votes are no longer available. Phew!!sweatingbullets.gif

Guest Berean

I STRONGLY object to bringing back the neg votes.  It gives rival fans to undermine comments, to discourage purposely and it's very rude! I'm very happy that the neg votes are no longer available. Phew!!*quoted image*

Agree absolutely! 

I second that,  well said!

Some click on the neg vote with wicked intentions in putting down comments they dislike.

Archived