Do you prefer understated designer items, or obviously branded ones?

mintcracker

Guest Saseumi

Well, I do like understated pieces. :I I'm known for being tasteful and elegant in my clothing choices and I wouldn't have it any other way. I like simple colours for bags and shoes (nudes, blacks or browns, maybe a navy or red if I'm feeling daring) because I like simplicity and ability to use something a lot. Because of that, I won't even buy into timeless pieces with obvious logos, usually because I don't have the money and I don't want to make myself a target for theft even if I do. Maybe it's just me but nine times out of ten I find obvious branding somewhat arrogant, anyway.

Guest xgreenteafrap

I prefer understated bags (wait, is Chanel understated?) but do think some heavily logo'd bags are cute too. I really like Chanel (both with the classic interlocking CC clasp and the reissue with the mademoiselle lock), Prada Saffiano lux tote with a tiny Prada logo on top and the rest of my bags are more understated like the PS1 and Givenchy Pandora. I did have some LV that I recently gave to my sister because it's just not 'me' even though I think it's really cute. My friends who dislike monogrammed things have very strong opinions...they think they're all brand richard simmons who only get it to show off how much money they have which I DON'T think is true AT ALL. I'm sure some people do but it's silly to make such a huge generalization.. I also have friends who think I'm crazy for buying expensive clothes and make up/nail polish when STRANGERS won't know how much I spent on it. laugh.gif

Guest carrotcake

I like a mix of both. I love buying clothes from Uniqlo (and when I have the extra cash, J. Crew) because I love quality basics. However, sometimes I'll accent those plain outfits with something kinda flashy, like a red Supreme cap.

I do have an LV bag and I rarely take it out though because its flashy and hard to match but I do wear it for special occasions. However, for normal occasions, I like carrying my plain black Longchamp around (its less flashy) and my Incase x Beams backpack (great quality, but not really branded).

When I do invest in something with a logo, its for the quality of the product and the logo itself because that logo classic/timeless, just like melkimx said :]

Guest AS1AND0LL

If I want to buy something name brand, I make sure I do my research about the products and the name behind the brand, getting to know it and making sure that this is what I want to invest my hard earned money in. However, majority of the time I don't like to spend too much on purses.. those I don't think will be worth it.. what's the point of having a really expensive purse if everything ends up at the bottom of the bag anyways? I rather just buy a bag that looks expensive lol but for more than half the the price of an expensive one.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

Fashion can be bought but taste cannot.

there's a certain group of older women and to some degree men that popped into my head when I read what you wrote. HKers you probably know who I'm refering to.

I like understated on the most part. I don't mind trademark looks - chanel for example, is known for their quilted patterns. What i can't stand, are heavily monogrammed items because it's just so tacky and it's like they want people to think 'oh wow that person can afford to buy ____ brand'.

Guest xgreenteafrap

there's a certain group of older women and to some degree men that popped into my head when I read what you wrote. HKers you probably know who I'm refering to.

I like understated on the most part.  I don't mind trademark looks - chanel for example, is known for their quilted patterns. What i can't stand, are heavily monogrammed items because it's just so tacky and it's like they want people to think 'oh wow that person can afford to buy ____ brand'.

That's a huge generalization. I'm sure there are people who do it to try to show off how much $$ they have and I'm sure there are people who buy it because they like it and it's what makes their heart sing. The world would be boring if everyone liked the same stuff. . .

Guest Alicezhu

Maybe most women like branded products, but it's not reality for common people own branded products. for me, a girl without lots of money,i'd like the understated designer items, i hate the faked ones.

Archived