[Drama 2012] Goodbye Dear Wife 굿바이 마눌

Guest purpleZ

Guest purpleZ

Many things and tragedies in this episode. Too much to handle really...

Summary episode 18:

Hyang Sook knows that Seung Hyeok is dying. SH begs her not to tell Seon Ah anything before he "hands" her over to that man (referring Hyun Cheol).

Gang Goo Ro was forced to retire but he refused instead he challenged SH. After hearing the prize for the winner will be ten billion that means he can pay off his debt, he accepted the challenge. Meaning he doesn't have to divorce Seon Ah if he wins but Dong Hee scratches his head after hearing Seong Hyeok still talking about divorce.

Hyang Sook called SA to try to clear things up about what happens the day before. SA instead asked HS to take care of SH.

SA found out about the competition and tried to dissuade SH because she doesn't like him fighting. But he said he had to do it. SA gave in to divorce and asked him to must win the game. She will divorce him after the match...

SH's mom went to SA to take her home but SA refused saying that it's not SH's fault but is hers for not being able to bear a child and kneeled down in front of her mom in law.

JI Ae was writing an article about Cha Seung Hyeok divorcing when a fellow reporter went to see her. when he left her laptop to go get something in another room the reporter snaked a peek at what she was writing about and leaked the article out. So it became a hot topic and everybody wants to know the truth from the man himself.

At the press conference held because of the matter, SH confirmed the rumor himself. when asked what the reason was, SA walked in among the crowd. SA said that none of what SH said was true. It's not his fault that their marriage stranded but it's her fault because she found another man!

And you'll guess who will be hated the next episode. In the end your wife still protects you even though she doesn't get the whole divorce situation.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest purpleZ

Tommorow is the last episode of Goodbye Dear Wife. Would Seung Hyeok proceed with the match? Would he win? Would Seung Hyeok and Seon Ah have a happy ending? Please stay tuned tomorrow at 8:40pm.

Guest purpleZ

Cake made by fans to Cha Seung Hyeok and Kang Seon Ah. So cute! :)

20120710140143246.jpg

The 'blind kiss' of episode 19

20120709203220209.jpg

A scene in tonight's episode.

10355240.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised there isn't much discussion about this drama here. I think it has to do a lot with its marketing and image. It's interesting it was promoted as a romantic-comedy, while surrounding such a heavy topic. And surprisingly, it worked with the turn of events. I actually like how the comedy was handled (...black comedy).

For me, i will never forget Ryu Si Won and Hong Soo Hyun as Cha Seung Hyuk and Kang Sun Ah.

This drama took me by surprise. I actually love it a lot (i swear, it's not because RSW was my first love). The first 1/3 was frustrating to watch, but after seeing the whole story unfold, it was character development. I was truly moved by CSH and KSA and their sincere relationships outside of their marriage that, in all, built their love and union. I cried for them because i admired the bittersweet ending. I also admire KSA, who wouldn't want to marry her? HSH was perfect for her. And i loved seeing her with RSW, who i have a soft spot for.

The OST! "Whenever You Go" by RSW is definitely my favorite. I cry listening to it sometimes, just thinking about CSH and KSA. The "Rocky" sound is so befitting too, considering the "battle" theme of the drama; battles in marriage, meeting your first love again, in faith in your relationships and in your God, and battles with oneself.--And of course, the physical battles.

Actually, i don't think i'll ever forget "Goodbye Dear Wife".

• 6 months later...
Guest livon123

watching it now, loving it! the cast is awesome, hong soo hyun is amazing, hope she get another romantic comedy in modern soon!

Archived