[Drama 2012] Goodbye Dear Wife 굿바이 마눌

Guest purpleZ

Ballad Queen Park Ji Yoon Makes Her Comeback and Reaches #1 on OST Charts

Park Jiyoon’s OST for her current drama, “Goodbye Dear Wife” topped the OST charts and reached number one.

On May 14, Park Jiyoon’s ballad single, “We Erase it All,” rose to the top of the MNet OST chart, beating out SNSD’s Taeyeon’s “I Miss You Like Crazy.” Taeyeon’s single was on the charts for a straight 47 days until “We Erase it All” rose to number one.

For this song, singer Park Jiyoon shed her “indie-artist” image and returned as a powerful ballad queen. Fans remarked how they were waiting for a ballad-style song from the singer-actress.

“We Erase it All” follows Kim Jo Han’s single, “Curse,” from the “Goodbye Dear Wife” OST. Park Jiyoon’s song is the theme song for when her character is re-connected with her first love, played by actor Ryu Shi Won.

19e48d521cc5af3e91114835d1c49016_large.jpg

Source: Soompi http://www.soompi.com/news/park-ji-yoon-ballad-queen-comeback

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After catching up on the week's Japanese dramas, and two J-variety shows, and the latest eps from TVN Yellow Boots, I then finished eps 3-4 of GDW. The plot's getting tiresome already.

I am now convinced this drama should be more aptly called "WHO COMMITS ADULTERY FIRST".

The fact that Mr & Mrs Cha haven't exchanged bodily fluids with their respective 'dates' is what keeping their korean fans interested but if what the Korean drama critics are saying about RSW's return is anything to go by, this drama seems to be heading the same way as his divorce proceedings.

In fact his real wife Jo Soo In is getting more headline news than RSW's comeback drama (I read Korean newspapers too in addition to my Japanese printed press), and where this drama is concerned, his reel wife is getting all the praise for her portrayal & comedic timing.

For me, I'm dropping this drama until it finishes its run, if it finishes its run - because all signs tell me that there's not going to be anything PROFOUNDLY new or exciting enough that the writers can offer - other than who commits adultery first.

Whatever comedy there is in this drama is trite & forced - I get more laughs watching zoo animals perform. Whatever skin exposure this drama will reveal has already been done - Julien's red thongs & Ji Yoon's bare shoulders shower scene - and I don't expect any more female nudity exposure the likes of what OCN's Yaksha showed last year on cable TV.

The reel Cha couple are gonna divorce so that they can get back to their former lovers but they secretly still monitor each other. In real life, how many couples do this? A divorce is not = breakup. The former is legally binding while the latter is not.

This drama may end up trivializing divorce, which in reality, is usually painful & expensive and for celebs, unwanted publicity. As for RSW .... I just want to hit the fast forward button every time.

So it's back to my daily dose of summer J-dramas & TVN Yellow Boots for now, but before that I'll check out OCN God's Quiz 3 because I did follow S1 & S2 (a pity they dropped Yoon Joon Hee).

So here's my goodbye to Goodbye DW.

Guest Chocopoko

i've been waiting for episode 3 and 4. where can i watch it or download it? i only saw the download link for 1 and 2.

You can also watch it without downloading it on www.maydrama.com ( but no subtitle)

Guest Chocopoko

I saw one of Hong Soo Hyun Movies "Rough cut (aka) a movie is a movie".  She was so young and really attractive in it. One thing I liked about  the movie is that she had to starred along with actor So Ji Sub. If any  of you haven't seen that movie at least you should try only Soo Hyun  scenes. I also did it like that. :P

Much support for HONG SOO HYUN!!!!

Guest purpleZ

I saw one of Hong Soo Hyun Movies "Rough cut (aka) a movie is a movie".  She was so young and really attractive in it. One thing I liked about  the movie is that she had to starred along with actor So Ji Sub. If any  of you haven't seen that movie at least you should try only Soo Hyun  scenes. I also did it like that. :P....

I've watched that one too :)

=================================

Some caps from episode 5

201205212141281210_1.jpg

201205212102471210_1.jpg

201205212122541210_1.jpg

2012052211160602379_1.jpg

And some cute on the set pictures :)

20120522140911_1_rstarksh.jpg

Credits: Nate

I saw one of Hong Soo Hyun Movies "Rough cut (aka) a movie is a movie".  She was so young and really attractive in it. One thing I liked about  the movie is that she had to starred along with actor So Ji Sub. If any  of you haven't seen that movie at least you should try only Soo Hyun  scenes. I also did it like that. :P

Much support for HONG SOO HYUN!!!!

I second that!!

Here's an NG clip from Rough Cut .... in the film, not the clip below, she gets roughed up by SJS and she even has a bed scene with SJS but is wearing her nightie and the rest covered up by bedcovers ... no unnecessary nudity from Miss Hong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdUyVOoH8o8

And strictly for her fans, here's a MV by Miss Hong singing a delightful tune and featuring abandoned homeless puppies .... this was way before an ex-FINKL member made headlines with saving abandoned dogs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA_81H4FEqk&hd=1

Guest Chocopoko

I second that!!

Here's an NG clip from Rough Cut .... in the film, not the clip below, she gets roughed up by SJS and she even has a bed scene with SJS but is wearing her nightie and the rest covered up by bedcovers ... no unnecessary nudity from Miss Hong.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WdUyVOoH8o8

And strictly for her fans, here's a MV by Miss Hong singing a delightful tune and featuring abandoned homeless puppies .... this was way before an ex-FINKL member made headlines with saving abandoned dogs

http://www.youtube.c...A_81H4FEqk&hd=1

Thanks for uploading Rough Cut NG. Soo Hyun really slapped So Ji Sub hardly and he had to use an icebag. Ha Ha. If you have any old NGs of Soo Hyun, pls share with us. :)

She is wishing for a grandchild. She goes to the fortune teller/shaman to get "bu-jok" which is yellow paper with characters on them. She tells her daughter-in-law to put one in her underware and one in her son's underware. Fortune told her in previous episode that the way things were between her son and her D-I-L, they will divorce in 6 months. Fortune teller told her her son acquired "fox" (meaning Park Ji Yoon) who will bring downfall to her son and that her D-I-L also has a "suitor" who will bring her good fortune if they divorce.

What Ryu Si Won wrote down was some of the reasons that could help him getting divorce. Sorry but I forgot what they were.

may I know please why does Ryu Si Won's mother keep going to fortune teller or healing? It is for him to have a child?

and also what did si won wrote in the envelope?

Guest purpleZ

Since we've been talking about Rough Cut, I posted some BTS pics of the movie to HSH's thread here.

Some caps of episode 6:

201205222056511210_1.jpg

201205222156161210_1.jpg

201205222137251210_1.jpg

201205222105511210_1.jpg

Guest Chocopoko

I enjoyed watching GW episode 6. I think ep 7 will be more interesting because of Ryu Si Won"s jealousy!!! Looking forward to Monday.

BTW, how abt the viewership rating?

Guest purpleZ

Episode 6 summary:

Dong Hee found out the first love of his boss' wife to be Kim Hyun Cheol. So Cha Seung Hyeok began to hunt down all KHC's in Korea not realising him to be his lawyer. Then he ordered all his boxing students to find his wifey's first love.

After Seung Hyeok mentioned about divorcing her and she agreed to it Seon Ah has been thinking. Then her friend told her that the reason could be that he's suffering from premature ejaculation. She went to confront him and persuaded him to go to the hospital. That if that is the reason for him to ask for divorce she won't agree to it. Later SA realized that it's a misunderstanding.

The trainer found THE Kim Hyun Cheol and arranged a meeting with him at a cafe. At the same time SH, SA and Ji Ae went to have lunch together and SH saw the name tag of a waiter with the name Kim Hyeon Cheol and thinks it's him. Pwahaha. But after a call from the trainer SH went to see the supposed to be the real KHC, but KHC smelled the trap and grabbed SA who bumped into him into hiding. But SA managed to go back to the restaurant just in time without having SH to suspect anything. SA told HC while fleeing that her husband's waiting for her.

Still wanting to make sure that he himself is his wife's first love, he asked SA again, "Am I really your first love??" but she didn't remember saying that but if it makes him happy he could think of himself being her first love. SH was like what???

There's an event at the church, SA reminded SH to come but he went on a date instead with Hyang Sook. He insisted on divorce. After a call from Danny that Kim Hyun Cheol is that KHC he rushed to the church leaving HS behind...

Thanks purplez for the summary.

SH is really a jerk... hopefully they really push thru the divorce thing.

I have a question, why did SH and HS did not end up together if SH really loves her, she seems to be hiding, why?

Guest purpleZ

I have a question, why did SH and HS did not end up together if SH really loves her, she seems to be hiding, why?

I didn't pay attention to that. But HS was saying she was going to the U.S. to get married or something, but if I'm not wrong she said she got divorced because her husband hit her (?). I didn't quite catch that cause it didn't interest me ;)

SH kind of annoys me. He was the one who started everything, then he's like regretting everything now that SA has found her first love. He was the one jumping out of joy to meet with his first love and now he totally ignores her. Is it possessiveness, jealousy or does he still love his wifey?

=======================================

In short from episode 7 and 8:

Hyang Sook saw the article of how lovey dovey the Cha husband and wife is on the paper, doubting whether Seung Hyeok is serious about being with her. She met him and said she needs money. And it's no small sum, 2 billion. SH didn't bat an eyelid and agreed to lend her the money... Danny Ahn had to do it for him. He went to bring the money to HS but with hostile eyes he warned her that she should just pull herself together because SH will never leave his wifey for her. It's the first time seeing him mature and loved it!

SH went to confront Hyun Cheol to kill his curiosity about why he left her when he loved her to death. HC kept silent...

Seon Ah got so touched by the meaning of the flowers brought by HC when he went to her place (SH invited Ji Ae to their house to do the interview that JA wanted so bad but she had to bring along HC), the forget me not flowers. She confessed to SH that HC is actually her first love. She said that she can't forget about him and asked for a divorce from SH... Only to realize it was all a nightmare as SH woke up from his sleep... Blinded by jealousy SH went along on the field trip with the church to monitor SA and HC, freaking out because SA was going to stay over.

When waiting all night long for her husband, she waited outside. HC also walked out when realizing that SH was not yet back to their room. When HC caught a firefly for SA, SH showed up and shouted "Hands off of my wifey!"

Archived