What do you do when someone you don't know calls your number?

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

I'm so stupid!

This stranger called my number and said who is this and i said my FULL NAME and they said

"Whoops i may have the wrong number" and i'm like :mellow: .... :crazy:

What do you say when someone you dont know calls you? Do you say your name or what?

Guest snsd_foreverr

Say wrong number and hang up. I don't say my name. If I do, I only say my first name. 

I doubt the guy will remember your name. Why are you so worried? Besides, people don't need your name to find you these days. It's called facebook tongue.gif So many people put their private information on facebook . 

I never put my private pics or thoughts on facebook. Strangers would have a a hard time figuring out what kind of person I am just by looking at my profile. tongue.gif

Guest karyee

lol I'm so stupid... I basically repeat their question because I don't know what to say.

Me: Hello? 

Them: Who's this?

Me: Who's this

And that just leads to more confusion, especially if the other person won't say their name either, because I never reveal mine.

Guest princessberry

I have encountered the same situation on Monday. That stranger knows my name. 

When I see unsaved numbers, I will ask 'Who is on the line?'

Then the person will reveal who he/she is, and talk whatever he/she trying to say.

If its the wrong number, I will just say 'I think you have called a wrong number.'

then hang up. :)

Guest happybubble

Never tell your name if you're not sure who's on the other line. I ask their name first and if I really don't know them, I'd say they have dialed a wrong number.

Guest ZoidbergMD

I usually ask them who they're looking for, otherwise if it's someone I think one of my family members know I'll tell them my first name. I don't see why it's such a big deal though, what are they going to do with my name and phone number these days? Distribute my number to telemarketers? In which case I either catch those guys through caller ID, or have a bit of fun by acting like an elderly woman that doesn't speak english very well.

First, start with an automated record that reminds the client that this conversation is being recorded for quality support reasons as well as personal security.

And then greet him professionally using the name of your workplace.

He will then ask whether you are __________ or not.

Guest Saseumi

I won't pick up an unknown number. Ever. I just don't. ^^" But if it's visible and I'm feeling intrigued I'll say hello and ask who it is if they don't speak. Usually I end up having to tell them they've got the wrong number.

Guest HERMIT

When someone I don't know calls my number, I walk up to the deli counter and place my meat order.

Usually 2lbs. of bacon.

If it's unknown or i don't recognize the phone number i don't pick up the phone. I figure if it's really that important they'll leave me a voicemail or send me a text message saying who they are and why are trying to get in contact with me.

Also with my voicemail, i never have my greeting say my name i always leave it as my phone number (that way someone can't get my name and keep calling me by getting my name from my voicemail).

Guest Eun_neptune_Him

Usually when someone calls my number by accident they'll just ask to speak with the person and I'll just tell them they have the wrong number. But this one guy keeps calling me and I have to keep telling him he's still dialing the wrong thing. But something tells me it's on purpose cause it's been about 1 month now. (I don't have caller I.D on my phone plan. If I did I would just ignore for sure.)

Guest bonbons

I don't pick up and let it go to voicemail. if it's that important and they want to talk to me they can leave a voicemail and I'll get back to them. if they don't then oh well their loss.

Guest yuzhouxiaojie

Usually if it's a number that I don't know I wouldn't pick up... Recently though there was a withheld number and when I picked up the call the guy shouted vulgar Vietnamese words; he called back a few times and I didn't pick up this time but he left very mean voice messages. In the end I just blocked all his calls. 

Archived