Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

@peggygordon Thank you for sharing. I just went to naver to check. Five hours later, DrForHair and Hyun Bin’s name are still trending at no. 5 haha

8RytpM3.jpg

A spokesperson said DrForHair has been selling extremely well, not just within Korea. They are getting a lot of orders from overseas as well. Saw many comments that go something like, “oh if Hyun Bin is the endorser I must buy this”; “Oh Hyun Bin is the endorser? Then I must definitely change my shampoo to this!” It’s so funny haha.. I have alr bought three big bottles and am changing to this once I finish my existing shampoo haha.

• Love 3

@Fangirlingislife @willenette Friend Our Legend and I Am Happy (I watched this only recently) are the only projects of his that I have watched only twice over. I have watched all of his other projects more than twice, some like Secret Garden, countless times haha. The reason is because these two make my heart ache so badly, especially Friend Our Legend. For Friend Our Legend my heart breaks not just for his character Dong Soo but also for Hyun Bin when I think about the effort he put in for the drama and the fact that he must have felt down during the drama’s airing because the ratings were so low. I think this could have been one of the lowest points in his acting career- with two consecutive dramas (Worlds Within Us before that) doing so poorly. So yes, whenever I am asked which project and character of his are my favorites, I will always say it’s Friend Our Legend and Dong Soo coz this drama and Dong Soo make my heart ache really badly. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, randomlee said:

@peggygordon Thank you for sharing. I just went to naver to check. Five hours later, DrForHair and Hyun Bin’s name are still trending at no. 5 haha

A spokesperson said DrForHair has been selling extremely well, not just within Korea. They are getting a lot of orders from overseas as well. Saw many comments that go something like, “oh if Hyun Bin is the endorser I must buy this”; “Oh Hyun Bin is the endorser? Then I must definitely change my shampoo to this!” It’s so funny haha.. I have alr bought three big bottles and am changing to this once I finish my existing shampoo haha.

Hi randomlee, thanks for sharing this. So sad that it seems this brand isn't available here in my side. Anyway, I don't need this since I don't have falling hair. But, I'm curious about this product, though. I wonder if HB is using this. I remember in 2014, China introduces a new law that makes it a requirement that celebrities actually use their products. This was after a string of ads in which the celebrities appearing in marketing campaigns obviously did not use the products they were peddling. (Celebrity doesn't use the product they endorse.) When you see your bias as the new face of a product/brand, would you buy their product immediately? ... Most fans do - These celebrities have fans of all ages, which may benefit brands. When a celebrity is paired with a brand, the image helps shape the image of that brand in the minds of consumers. Celebrities promoting products and services have become a lucrative way to build brand awareness and credibility... :P

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi randomlee, thanks for sharing this. So sad that it seems this brand isn't available here in my side. Anyway, I don't need this since I don't have falling hair. But, I'm curious about this product, though. I wonder if HB is using this. I remember in 2014, China introduces a new law that makes it a requirement that celebrities actually use their products. This was after a string of ads in which the celebrities appearing in marketing campaigns obviously did not use the products they were peddling. (Celebrity doesn't use the product they endorse.) When you see your bias as the new face of a product/brand, would you buy their product immediately? ... Most fans do - These celebrities have fans of all ages, which may benefit brands. When a celebrity is paired with a brand, the image helps shape the image of that brand in the minds of consumers. Celebrities promoting products and services have become a lucrative way to build brand awareness and credibility... :P

I don’t know if South Korea has similar laws like the ones in China that you mentioned. I do know however that Hyun Bin himself has said (at the Watson’s event) that he has been using the Mediheal products for his skin. As for DrForHair, it’s not for people with falling hair problems only haha..I read that the products are made of natural botanical ingredients meant to strengthen hair and provide good scalp treatment. I don’t have a falling hair problem myself haha..and I doubt Hyun Bin has a falling hair problem too since his hair has been described as silky and so good that even women would be envious of haha..Even if there are laws that state that celebrities must use the products they endorse, I think enforcing such laws will be difficult because for some products such as skincare and hair products, how do you know if the celebrities themselves are using them or not? For clothing and accessories brands, it is not practical to expect the celebrities to wear only the brands they endorse. So yes, I think that even if they have such laws, I don’t expect them to strictly enforce. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hyunbin in the first teaser of Crash Landing on You (looks like the English title has been changed to this) and still cuts released.

lYFRIxb.jpg

xdcuaaA.jpg

This is a rather interesting analysis of the teaser for those of you who are not following the drama thread.

https://www.dramamilk.com/15-sec-teaser-breakdown-for-crash-landing-on-you-on-netflix/

Oh, by the way, it looks like he wasn’t selected for that 10th Anniversary Ministerial Award.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IRC3OnP.jpg

There is a 2019 Korean Movie Centennial (100th Anniversary) commemorative event at the Gwanghwamun Square in Seoul today (27 October) and on Hyun Bin’s standee is there together with that of other well known movie actors and actresses.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

At yesterday’s Channel A’s program ‘I heard it from the grapevine’, the reporters talked about Hyun Bin’s receipt of the commendation award from the President in 2013 at the 50th Savings Day at a commemorative ceremony held in the Sejong Hall of the Sejong Cultural Center in Seoul, for having saved 35 billion won within 17 years. As the program only featured the reporters talking about Hyun Bin receiving the award and their guesses as to how much he had saved to win that award, I won’t bother to hunt down YouTube for a copy of that clip to share over here (the program featured other stuffs as well and Hyun Bin’s portion is a short segment only). Incidentally, yesterday (28 October) was Korea’s Savings Day.

You might be wondering what’s the big deal about this that an award is given, no less by the President and that it has to be talked about again in a talk show. Doesn’t it just show how rich he is? Here’s my take on why it is a big deal and no, it’s not about how rich he is haha..

First, this goes to show how open and honest he has been regarding his income. It’s honesty because it shows he’s been paying his taxes and dues without hiding anything. Korea has this Savings campaign to encourage its citizens to save money and contribute towards the liquidity of their economy. So this campaign is one that is seen as helping the Korean economy. Having your savings in cash in Korean bank accounts (and not have your money siphoned off to untraceable places) means that you are totally transparent and are liable to pay tax for all your income. So yes, this is laudable coz it shows his honesty and transparency when it comes to his earnings. Among Hallyu stars, he’s the only one who has been honored/acknowledged in this way if I am not wrong. 

Second, this is testament to how frugal he has been. Despite being a celebrity, he is not into an extravagant lifestyle. At the time that he was selected, a representative from the Financial Commission said, "Hyun Bin is chosen based on his qualities of natural simplicity, diligence and thrift, and he has saved most of his income following a careful savings planning. He has developed a habit of saving." He also added, “Last year he donated generously towards charitable projects to help starving children. He has been donating towards a series of other public welfare activities in an expression of his love for society."

Here are two pics from the 2013 ceremony. Pic taken from weibo and as credited in watermark.

IdQrWUf.jpg

UQb9Lws.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

HnSJa9I.jpg

Hyun Bin is really good in delivering comedic acting. Looking at his facial expression at the scene when YSR fell on him and his “up-in-the-air” frozen arms has not failed to make me smile despite having watched the clip umpteenth times :D

Really hoping that Crash Landing will do extremely well, just like Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I really love seeing HB's pictures :wub: I can't even pick one to be my favorite as he looks good in all of them. And my, how manly he looks in his military uniform. In those stills, his eyes speak volumes with just a glance.

As for Channel A's reporters recalling HB's commendation award even after all these years, this just goes to show how HB has maintained his good standing and reputation even in the reporters' eyes who are naturally expected to have inside knowledge of the actual goings-on of the celebrities' lives. Makes me really proud as his fan.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Really hoping that Crash Landing will do extremely well, just like Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden.

By our prayers and support too sis nothing is impossible. Tenacity and camaraderie from our binjin couple + prayers = extremely doing well :wub:

Note: This is on tvn network airing a cable channel compared to free to air tv. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

VAST Entertainment’s IG update on Hyun Bin’s new drama with Caption (my translation): “This December, #Junghyuk is going to make a crash landing in your heart. Are you ready? (Loud screams ~~)

zLRoriQ.jpg

I really really love the look of LJH in uniform in the 2nd teaser :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Crash Landing’s script reading. Hyun Bin’s new Drama will premiere on 14 December 2019.

As described by Hyun Bin, Lee Jung Hyuk is an elite soldier and a principled man. He will be a faithful and warm-hearted person who is good at taking care of his people. He is pure-hearted and is one who expresses himself through action rather than language.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Caption in the script reading - 

“a national treasure face that blinds the camera“ :D

In that script reading scene, Kim Sun-young read her lines, “Was what he said so special?” “It’s his face, his face!” Then, caption - “His face is a natural monument that needs to be protected as a national treasure!” :D:D 

That scene cracked everyone up.

Won’t disagree with that haha :)

• Like 1
  • Love 3