Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

*** Finally................"Crash Landing of Love" holds script-reading. I wonder if this is really the drama title since it doesn't sound NICE & COOL for me - hahaha - I hope it will be a fun shoot, though. The drama is scheduled to air sometime in the second half of this year. I hope we could get to know the exact schedule. Good luck, HB! :P

2019081413313081982_13976583813553234951

Photo credit : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/08/14/crash-landing-of-love-holds-script-reading/

• Like 4

18 hours ago, elizabeth said:

Look at those arms. He seems like he’s been working out for his role. :kiss_wink:

Credits: vast.ent

Hi elizabeth, I think you're right. HB looks so gorgeous! But, I hope the drama won't reflect its title, what with any 'crash landings on ratings" - Hahaha - After the news about the couple, I'm now curious & excited of their OTP - This is worth anticipating. :P

• Like 2

Thank you so much @elizabeth and @rori0711 for the links! I realized that I had watched A Millionaire’s First Love after all. I watched I Am Happy for the first time and again am so awestruck by Hyunbin’s impactful acting. He gave his character such realistic dazed, blank eyes that makes his character feel so real! Looking back I realized that his acting has been so good even way before Secret Garden haha..

Now, let me say here how much I love his look at the script reading! :wub: I have already fallen in  love with Ri Jeong Hyeok haha..and I can’t wait to see charming, charismatic Ri Jeong Hyeok who also has a cute/aegyo side :lol: Hyunbin has said before that he can’t do aegyo but he really does not know that he’s actually naturally adorable, especially when he gets embarrassed, which happens quite easily haha..

@willenette I too don’t like the title..one tweeter has been using Emergency Landing of Love but really, Crash Landing is a more literal translation of the Hangeul title. A quick survey of knetz comments on the most commented naver article on the drama’s script reading shows that the comments with the most upvotes aren’t that positive due to their opinions of the drama Legend of the Blue Sea (also by the same writer Park Ji Eun). I didn’t watch LOTBS and so, I can’t comment. But the comments did make me a lil worried about the kind of ratings we’re gonna get for this drama. The cast they have assembled is so strong, acting wise and also in terms of visuals; so I really hope this drama will be very successful. I’d like to believe that the combined popularity and star power of our OTP and great acting from the cast will go some way to ensure very decent ratings no matter what. Personally I am so looking forward to this drama - because of Hyunbin and also because of the highly anticipated chemistry between our OTP.. I smile from ear to ear every time I see their interactions during Negotiation promotion time..:blush:

• Like 6

@willenette @randomlee yeah the title is still throwing me off but hopefully the drama will carry on with a strong plot. The main cast is amazing so hopefully the drama won’t be a disappointment. I haven’t finish Legend Of The Blue Sea. I only watched episode 1 and then I dropped it. Maybe I’ll try to finish it. Anyways, I can’t wait to see Hyun Bin’s transformation into his character. 

• Like 3

5hOp9Yk.jpg

fBt0mrA.jpg

I really love the cover pic of Esquire September 2019 issue. And the second pic is from the Esquire Facebook Cover Page. 

I have been trying to make a pre-order at various sites - gmarket, yes24 etc but found out that the magazine is not for sale outside of SK at these sites. If anyone knows where I can purchase the magazine for shipping outside of Korea, please share the info with me. Thank you very much!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:47 PM, randomlee said:

I really love the cover pic of Esquire September 2019 issue. And the second pic is from the Esquire Facebook Cover Page. 

I have been trying to make a pre-order at various sites - gmarket, yes24 etc but found out that the magazine is not for sale outside of SK at these sites. If anyone knows where I can purchase the magazine for shipping outside of Korea, please share the info with me. Thank you very much!

Hi randomlee, you may try YesAsia & eBay..................... :P

*** Finally...............I've done watching his drama, "Memories of Alhambra" - and watched this continuously this time, which I failed to do during its airing because of lack of time.  The drama uses a lot of special effects to really give us a window into the experience of users in the game. The AR game is interesting but then things just get crazy! I was happy with HB performance, though. Jin Woo was such a pitiful character but he WON my heart. He makes his acting look so real and authentic that it takes my breath away. When I first watched this drama I was actually disappointed and thinking to myself "this drama is not for me, this wasn't what I was expecting". I can’t get the gist of the story. But, as I go on watching it I find the drama exciting and fun. It was so much different from the usual. But also, there are definitely a few plot holes and logic flaws. And you’ll find that not all of the questions get answered as to how things worked and why things happened. The bug situation for him didn't make much sense but the drama is still worth the watch. As for the ending, I was not really satisfied since I was expecting a grand reunion between our lovers. I wonder if this will have a season 2 because of the ending….. :P<_<

• Like 4

@willenette I thought differently of the drama as well. In the beginning he kept saying that it’s a magical world but as the storyline progress, I’m thinking to myself “it’s not a magical world. It’s a game full of nightmares.” I was disappointed in PSH’s character as well. She was pretty much pointless/useless in the drama. I was hoping that she’ll play the game and have a little bit of action scene.. or something.. I was hoping that she’ll help Jin Woo fight the bad guys. I also agreed that the ending was disappointing too. It left me hanging.. I wanted more. Well, hopefully his new drama will be better this time.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:21 PM, elizabeth said:

@willenette @randomlee yeah the title is still throwing me off but hopefully the drama will carry on with a strong plot. The main cast is amazing so hopefully the drama won’t be a disappointment. I haven’t finish Legend Of The Blue Sea. I only watched episode 1 and then I dropped it. Maybe I’ll try to finish it. Anyways, I can’t wait to see Hyun Bin’s transformation into his character. 

Hi elizabeth you know that he was chosen as the cover model for the September issue of Esquire, right? There he talked about his upcoming drama “Crash Landing of Love” in an accompanying interview. He said that he got a tan for the drama, where he plays a North Korean army officer. He revealed that the drama will begin filming soon. After their movie together with Son Yen Jin, he said that he wanted to try working with her again. He's happy that this opportunity came quickly. Thanks for the upcoming drama since we can get to see more of them. Honestly, I'm shipping for them - hahaha - :P

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi elizabeth you know that he was chosen as the cover model for the September issue of Esquire, right? There he talked about his upcoming drama “Crash Landing of Love” in an accompanying interview. He said that he got a tan for the drama, where he plays a North Korean army officer. He revealed that the drama will begin filming soon. After their movie together with Son Yen Jin, he said that he wanted to try working with her again. He's happy that this opportunity came quickly. Thanks for the upcoming drama since we can get to see more of them. Honestly, I'm shipping for them - hahaha - :P

I love his tanned look tbh. Makes him more manly. Although HB can pull off many roles, some so widely different from his real personality, I just love him more when he takes on more manly roles like those in Friend, The Legend (my personal favorite), Confidential Assignment, Swindlers and Negotiation... So glad that many HB fans are rooting also for HB-SYJ. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, randomlee said:

Thank you so much @elizabeth and @rori0711 for the links! I realized that I had watched A Millionaire’s First Love after all. I watched I Am Happy for the first time and again am so awestruck by Hyunbin’s impactful acting. He gave his character such realistic dazed, blank eyes that makes his character feel so real! Looking back I realized that his acting has been so good even way before Secret Garden haha..

your welcome :) It took me a lot of time to finished I Am Happy. Thank God I was able to make it. My poor heart aches for Mansoo's miserable life. HyunBin did a good job and I was impressed by Lee Boyoung btw. Oddly, the ending made sense for me to like the overall story.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, willenette said:

*** Finally...............I've done watching his drama, "Memories of Alhambra" - and watched this continuously this time, which I failed to do during its airing because of lack of time.  The drama uses a lot of special effects to really give us a window into the experience of users in the game. The AR game is interesting but then things just get crazy! I was happy with HB performance, though. Jin Woo was such a pitiful character but he WON my heart. He makes his acting look so real and authentic that it takes my breath away. When I first watched this drama I was actually disappointed and thinking to myself "this drama is not for me, this wasn't what I was expecting". I can’t get the gist of the story. But, as I go on watching it I find the drama exciting and fun. It was so much different from the usual. But also, there are definitely a few plot holes and logic flaws. And you’ll find that not all of the questions get answered as to how things worked and why things happened. The bug situation for him didn't make much sense but the drama is still worth the watch. As for the ending, I was not really satisfied since I was expecting a grand reunion between our lovers. I wonder if this will have a season 2 because of the ending….. :P<_<

I'm glad you gave MoA a chance though the ending was spoilsport :P I, too experience the same with My Name is Kim SamSoon, I'm Sorry, I Love You, Secret Garden, Misaeng, Reply 1988, Punch and they all turned memorable after 2nd try :w00t: 

MoA is exceptionally thrilling the first part and though its sustained, the second part veered towards heavy melo.

HyunBin nailed his character once again. He was compelling as Yoo Jinwoo. The ending was very much open for Season 2 and even without continuation...the drama was terrific.:wub:

20 hours ago, elizabeth said:

@willenette I thought differently of the drama as well. In the beginning he kept saying that it’s a magical world but as the storyline progress, I’m thinking to myself “it’s not a magical world. It’s a game full of nightmares.” I was disappointed in PSH’s character as well. She was pretty much pointless/useless in the drama. I was hoping that she’ll play the game and have a little bit of action scene.. or something.. I was hoping that she’ll help Jin Woo fight the bad guys. I also agreed that the ending was disappointing too. It left me hanging.. I wanted more. Well, hopefully his new drama will be better this time.

i want SH to join the action too but I'm satisfied that writer SJJ stayed true to her conviction. Game world is not Heejoo's place at least in this season (if ever Season 2 materialized). Heejoo is in real world and she served her purpose of trusting Jinwoo beyond the impossible. The ending is equally disappointing and powerfully revealing how much viewers want...more of the OTP and the exhilarating story :)

8 hours ago, firstaid said:

I love his tanned look tbh. Makes him more manly. Although HB can pull off many roles, some so widely different from his real personality, I just love him more when he takes on more manly roles like those in Friend, The Legend (my personal favorite), Confidential Assignment, Swindlers and Negotiation... So glad that many HB fans are rooting also for HB-SYJ. 

agree. We've seen HyunBin's wide range as an actor and yet there's so much more to expect. I like Negotiation & Confidential Assignment too. I may not be a HB-SYJ shipper but I highly look up both actors so I'm cheering on Crash Landing of Love.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@firstaid @rori0711 I too love the tanned look of Lee (it’s Ri in Hangeul spelling) Jeong Hyeok! Like you, my personal favorite character of his is DongSoo in Friend Our Legend and I love love love this drama! My next favorite project of his is Confidential Assignment. However, having watched MoA twice and intending to rewatch again, Yoo Jinwoo is definitely one of my favorites as well. Hyunbin as Jinwoo was so good. Love his comedic timing in the beginning and his emotional acting thereafter. The grief and sorrow that he showed when he debugged Secretary Seo - that scene still has me tearing up upon just a memory of it :bawling:

@willenette

I have placed my pre-orders already. In the end I bought two copies - coz I was worried it wouldn’t be available for sale overseas and so I got a friend to buy for me to send to her address in South Korea; then when the magazine became available for overseas shipping on gmarket I placed another order :lol:

i have posted my translation of one news article about his Esquire September cover issue in the Crash Landing of Love thread. I felt the need to put what he said into the proper context as I saw many comments interpreting his comments as expressing something :rolleyes: 

I will say here that I really like the great chemistry between Hyunbin and Son Yejin that I have seen but I am really not into shipping real people coz I prefer to respect their privacy and short of any public announcement, I also don’t think we will ever know their real story. More importantly they have both publicly denied the dating rumors. I normally don’t pay that much attention to actresses but I also happen to like Son Yejin as an actress very much. So I am looking forward to enjoying our OTP in the upcoming drama. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@randomlee well appreciated your translation on Binnie's Esquire interview.  Based on quotation below, I love HyunBin's current state of mind right now. He had come to recognize his sense of accomplishment over the last 16 years both professional &  personal aspect.  Achieving his full potential as an actor and as a person is what drives him here on. :wub:

"There is no family, so half of this prediction has already flown out of the window." "But I seem to have somewhat realised the other half. I won't say that I have reached a firm footing, rather, I would say I now have a sense of security. I feel more secure.  I am also now able to have more leisure time, and I feel a greater sense of curiosity and interest in my work, and there seems to be more things I want to experience and experiment. I also seem to be getting more projects than at that time." 

Below part is about popularity thing which reminds me of HyunBin's answer few years back:

"I went through a lot during my rookie days in "My Name is Kim Sam-soon". By the time I did "Secret Garden" I got used to it. However, I still don't think popularity lasts forever." ;)

You have performed outstandingly in romantic dramas such as "Secret Garden", "The World Within Us" and "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and gained tremendous popularity. "Why did you not continue in this?"  He seems to have chosen to set aside this safe acting road and gone for a variety of styles. Does he not feel scared (to lose his popularity)?

"It is not that I "don't care at all". There is a subtle difference between "I don't care at all" and "it seems that I don't care". But to me, popularity isn't the point (or the focus). For this work that I do, you can't ignore popularity altogether. However, popularity isn't something that I can catch when I want to catch. Popularity is something that is beyond my control. So I'd rather think about what I can do and not worry about something beyond what I can do. The correct thinking is to focus on what I can do within my control. So I try to think simply. I need to just carefully prepare and show my acting skills.'"

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@willenette yeah I read his I interview and I love the way he talks fondly of working with SYJ. Even during their press con and promotions of the Negotiation he has nothing but kind words about her. Both mentioned that they were only filming separately while filming so I’m glad they got to work together again. Hyun Bin seems really excited as they’re finally filming in the same space, making eye contact, breathing the same air.. I ship them too :wub:

Also, I’m starting to like him sporting the rough/manly look too. It’s so sexy and his tan.. I love it. And I also love that he’s exploring different kinds of roles and taking challenges. He’s come a long way and I do agree that popularity does not matter. As long as he’s doing what he loves, then that’s all that matters. I hope to see him act outside of Korea in the future. Hopefully he’ll get to collab with famous Chinese/Japanese actors or even Hollywood actors. His English has improved so much. While watching MOA, I noticed that he’s more comfortable in speaking English compared to the past. I remembered watching Secret Garden and when he spoke in English, you can tell he was having difficulties pronouncing some words but in MOA his pronounciation was more cleared. 

@randomlee I love him in Friend, Our Legend too. He was so buff and sexy as Dong Soo. I really enjoyed watching that drama. Though it wasn’t as successful but I gotta say that his role in there was also my favorite along with Jin Heon/Sam Shik, and Kim Joo Won. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

@willenette I hope to see him act outside of Korea in the future. Hopefully he’ll get to collab with famous Chinese/Japanese actors or even Hollywood actors. His English has improved so much. While watching MOA, I noticed that he’s more comfortable in speaking English compared to the past. I remembered watching Secret Garden and when he spoke in English, you can tell he was having difficulties pronouncing some words but in MOA his pronounciation was more cleared. 

@randomlee I love him in Friend, Our Legend too. He was so buff and sexy as Dong Soo. I really enjoyed watching that drama. Though it wasn’t as successful but I gotta say that his role in there was also my favorite along with Jin Heon/Sam Shik, and Kim Joo Won. 

He has already done a collab with Chinese actors- he acted in the movie Late Autumn with the Chinese superstar actress Tang Wei. The Korean-China collab movie was also directed by Tang Wei’s husband. I love this movie too - I love these artsy types. And haha..his kissing in there is his best so far :wub:. Agree with you that he is a lot more confident speaking English now. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, randomlee said:

He has already done a collab with Chinese actors- he acted in the movie Late Autumn with the Chinese superstar actress Tang Wei. The Korean-China collab movie was also directed by Tang Wei’s husband. I love this movie too - I love these artsy types. And haha..his kissing in there is his best so far :wub:. Agree with you that he is a lot more confident speaking English now. 

I watched the movie Late Autumn already and I like it as well but I meant I hope to see him collab more with other Chinese actors in the future. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, elizabeth said:

@willenette yeah I read his I interview and I love the way he talks fondly of working with SYJ. Even during their press con and promotions of the Negotiation he has nothing but kind words about her. Both mentioned that they were only filming separately while filming so I’m glad they got to work together again. Hyun Bin seems really excited as they’re finally filming in the same space, making eye contact, breathing the same air.. I ship them too :wub:

Also, I’m starting to like him sporting the rough/manly look too. It’s so sexy and his tan.. I love it. And I also love that he’s exploring different kinds of roles and taking challenges. He’s come a long way and I do agree that popularity does not matter. As long as he’s doing what he loves, then that’s all that matters. I hope to see him act outside of Korea in the future. Hopefully he’ll get to collab with famous Chinese/Japanese actors or even Hollywood actors. His English has improved so much. While watching MOA, I noticed that he’s more comfortable in speaking English compared to the past. I remembered watching Secret Garden and when he spoke in English, you can tell he was having difficulties pronouncing some words but in MOA his pronounciation was more cleared.

Hi elizabeth in the magazine interview he says many nice things about Son Ye Jin – & one of them is "he wants to breathe the same air as her - " I'm sure he felt that when they acted together in "Negotiation", that's why, I guess  he was eager to have the experience again – Cheesy & a little dramatic but you get the point. hahaha - In that movie, they spent most of their time in different rooms and different locations on the set, with only an extremely brief scene together at the end. So, they had little interaction that time. Unlike this upcoming drama.............

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 7:06 PM, firstaid said:

Hi firstaid, I very much agree with you - He's looking very handsome & manly. HB is so sleek/slick.............. I want to have some MORE - since can't get enough! :P

• Like 1