Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

On 3/4/2016 at 0:02 AM, LyraYoo said:

Hyun Bin, Yoona and Yoo Hae-jin’s new film to kick off

--

more photos 

Cooperation 공조 - Korean Movie

Hyun Bin begins filming on March 10 at Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea. The first scene he'd be speaking the North Korean dialect. And he has completed three months of high intensity training in Action School. 
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201602260947480210

Hi LyraYoo, thanks for sharing the photos. No wonder we hardly heard & read any updates about this upcoming movie....Finally.....we got it this time! I hope we could get to see some stills once they start filming soon. :P

13 pairs of actors who became real-life couples after starring together

Nothing is better than the perfect romance that can be found through the magic of Korean dramas. While we enjoyed seeing two couples on screen indulging in their butterfly feelings, we never want it to end!

Fortunately for some, these couples took their relationships off screen and became real life couples. Check out these 13 couples that went beyond your TV and made love a reality - whether it lasted or not.

(skipped unrelated.....)

12. Hyun Bin & Song Hye Kyo

'The World That They Live In' stirred up romance behind the scenes as Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo began dating in June 2009. Unfortunately for shippers and the couple, the two separated after two years of dating in 2011.

source : allkpop

The 20 best-rated Asian dramas of all time on DramaFever

We all know which dramas build a lot of buzz and generate monster viewer numbers, but, as anyone who's watched a lot of dramas knows, sometimes the most popular dramas aren't always the best dramas. (I'm not going to name any names here, but you know who you are....) We've shared the 20 most popular dramas of all time on DramaFever, but what about the ones viewers enjoyed most?

If you're looking for a solid watch that other drama lovers like yourself adored, we've compiled a list of the highest-rated dramas of all time on DramaFever. These are the shows with the highest average star ratings from DramaFever viewers (all of them averaging over 4.5/5 stars). We didn't choose these rankings—you, the viewers did! Check out the list to see if you missed some hidden gems!

Note: I recognize that the star ratings may include low score outliers for things unrelated to the drama, but every show will have some of those outliers, and the scores tend to even out as you get thousands of ratings. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

17. My Lovely Sam Soon (Korea, MBC, 2005)

Starring Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin

Brisk, endearing, and completely addictive, My Lovely Sam Soon was the runaway mega-hit of 2005. The show's popularity launched Kim Sun Ah to super-stardom and introduced Korean-American actor Daniel Henney. Considered the Korean "Bridget Jones' Diary" this refreshing drama still finds new audiences today. At 29, Kim Sam Soon's career and love life have hit a dead end. She is overweight, unmarried, stuck with an embarrassingly old-fashioned name, and has just lost her job and caught her boyfriend of three years cheating on her. Enter Hyun Jin Heon, the arrogant 27-year-old owner of a restaurant called Bon Appetit, who hires her to put her pastry-chef skills to work as the restaurant's chief baker. With Jin Heon's family breathing down his neck to get married, and Sam Soon desperately in need of money to save her family home, the two strike up a deal despite their volatile relationship. Sam Soon masquerades as Jin Heon's girlfriend and they begin to grow close, but things get complicated when Jin Heon's lost love mysteriously returns with her sights set on getting him back. Will Jin Heon be able to forget about her and learn to love Sam Soon for who she really is?

source : dramafever

• 2 weeks later...

16 K-Drama OSTs That Will Bring All the Feels Back

As all the drama addicts out there probably know, a successful drama isn’t exclusively driven by an intricate plot, smooth camerawork, or even a star-studded cast. As a good drama eventually ends and gets replaced by new ones, the most effective way to immediately play a flashback reel of memories and feels is a memorable OST. Inevitably, the most powerful songs sync perfectly with the actors’ emotional performances as well as reach a wide viewership. Although this list doesn’t include every single drama OST out there, let’s take a look at some iconic ones, the ones that can almost automatically bring the drama, with all its feels, to life again in your mind.

(skipped unrelated.....)

“That Woman”;”That Man” – Secret Garden

Secret Garden” is yet another drama that was a huge success, even spurring people to buy sparkly tracksuits like the one Hyun Bin rocks and inducing comedic parodies of the foam kiss scene. Of course, we can’t forget the OST that always set the mood for the sizzling chemistry between Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won. What’s special about this OST is that it was released in two different versions, one from the perspective of the man in the voice of Hyun Bin and the other from the woman in the voice of Baek Ji Young. In this way, the OSTs are the voices of the two leads as they tell the story from their own hearts which gives the viewers more insight.

credit : soompi news

Such a long time no coming here...hehe..is everyone still fine and loving Binnie? :wub::wub:

I saw that no one posting a couple of new pics that Binnies involved in a CF. So let's cheer and waiting for his new look to burst out!!!

CfLe6KGUIAAvoXm.jpg

CfLe6U3UYAADzP2.jpg

Do you love his new look? I definitely adore it!

:blush::heart:

7 Sweet romantic K-dramas starring Descendants of the Sun’s Song Hye Kyo

(skipped unrelated.....)

5. The World That They Live In with Hyun Bin (2008)

6c814032-0e05-4748-90c3-dd7c3dc8a796.jpg

In this realistic series, Hyun Bin and Song Hye Kyo star as competitive drama producers and shed light onto the K-drama production industry with an intriguing perspective. Joon Young (Song Hye Kyo) and Ji Oh (Hyun Bin) don't get along well in the beginning, but they grow to appreciate each other through the films they create.

The costars fell in love and dated in real life, but broke up just before Hyun Bin enlisted in the military.

*** Hmmm....another movie? I haven’t heard anything yet about the last.... I wonder why he focuses on movies this time. Not surprised why he received lots of offers because HB is one of the best. Hurray HB! But, I miss him in dramas again. Well, whatever.....& once you are on the screen, I’m happy. The plot of this all sounds very intriguing. This is the 1st thing that came to mind as soon as I read the plot. But, the story sounds good and interesting. I hope he comes back to dramaland soon because we could get to see him on the screen more.  His last drama didn’t do well rating wise but I like it though. Looking forward to this movie….:P

Hyun Bin courted to be a conman for revenge film

HyunBin1.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/hyun-bin-courted-to-be-a-conman-for-revenge-film/

On 4/15/2016 at 0:49 PM, LyraYoo said:

I guess he won't be returning to dramaland too soon...

Meanwhile, he attended an event  at Twosome Place Coffee :D

Hi LyraYoo, I think so, too because he's still be doing another movie soon. Thanks for sharing the photos & the video during this event. I wonder if he's the endorser of Twosome Place coffee. :P

Netizens Discuss Hyun Bin’s Future FATE After Recent Career STUMBLES

hyunbin2

Although Hyun Bin was considered one of the top actors in Korea following his hit drama Secret Garden, the actor hasn’t been able to revive his career since his compulsory military service. 

With both his movie The Fatal Encounter and his drama Hyde, Jekyll, Me not having been particularly well-met, netizens recently discussed whether or not he will be able to return to form as a top actor once again. And despite his career seemingly at a standstill, netizens expressed their love for the actor, with many hoping for him to start another project soon.

Find out what Netizens had to say about this article below!

201604151133774711_571054e0334af

NETIZEN REACTIONS
Koreaboo has collected reactions from Netizens who commented on the original article from our Korean source. The below comments are the most popular comments at the time of this article being published.

[ +358 / -21] Only if drama ‘Secret Garden’ was aired in China as well..

[ +309 / -25] It isn’t working out too well for him lately T_T This is not the treatment he dser

[ +242 / -18] He looks so corny… Only if they took a good photo of him haha

Source: OSEN / koreaboo

You From Another Star, Heirs, and Decendents of the Sun Take Top Three Rank in Most Popular K-dramas in China

Vlinkage Top 30 Popular Ranked K-dramas in China:

1. You From Another Star
2. Heirs
3. Descendants of the Sun
4. City Hunter
5. Pinocchio
6. You’re Beautiful
7. Secret Garden
8. I Hear Your Voice
9. The Master’s Sun
10. Rooftop Prince

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/16/you-from-another-star-heirs-and-decendents-of-the-sun-take-top-three-rank-in-most-popular-k-dramas-in-china/

Yoona and Kim Soo Hyun Top the Vlinkage 2016 Most Popular Korean Male and Female Star List in China

After releasing the list of current most popular K-dramas in China, polling site Vlinkage is back with the Top 30 list of most popular Korean male and female stars, respectively. Some are long time regulars on any Korean star popularity list while others are a surprise to me but adds diversity to this list.

(skipped unrelated.....)

scsc.jpg

Top 30 Most Popular in China male Korean stars:

1. Kim Soo Hyun
2. Song Joong Ki
3. Lee Min Ho
4. Lee Jong Seok
5. Park Hae Jin
6. Rain
7. Kim Woo Bin
8. Park Shi Hoo
9. Jang Geun Seok
10. Ji Chang Wook
11. Kim Ki Bum
12. Joo Jin Mo
13. Song Seung Heon
14. Yoo Seung Ho
15. Lee Jun Ki
16. Park Yoochun
17. Kim Ji Hoon
18. Jin Goo
19. Choi Siwon
20. Lee Joon Hyuk
21. Jo In Sung
22. Lee Hong Ki
23. Heechul
24. Hyun Bin
25. Lee Hyun Woo

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/18/yoona-and-kim-soo-hyun-top-the-vlinkage-2016-most-popular-korean-male-and-female-star-list-in-china/

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2016 at 1:34 PM, grimselpass said:

Bts Cooperation Movie 2017

cr. ACFP

Hi grimselpass, finally...........I've seen some stills from his upcoming movie. Thanks for sharing the photos. I hope this is going to be an exciting year for HB until next year. I'm insanely happy knowing that there's something to look forward to on him. Can't wait to see more.  I'm sure   this must be a quality production. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

MORE --

Hyun Bin to Promote Gwangju Biennale

Hyun Bin

Actor Hyun Bin will promote this year's Gwangju Biennale.

The contemporary art fair will be held in the southwestern city from Sept. 2 to Nov. 6.

"I'm very pleased to promote this prestigious event," Hyun said. "I will try my best to promote the city of Gwangju along with the biennale."

englishnews@chosun.com / May 25, 2016 10:04 KST

• 2 weeks later...

12 Dramas Where The Male Leads Were Jerks But We Fell For Them Anyway

12 Dramas Where The Male Leads Were Jerks But We Fell For Them Anyway

(skipped unrelated.....)

There is a fairly large trend of rude or brusque male lead characters in dramas; and even though it might not be very logical to fall for a cold person who acts like a jerk, we usually end up falling for these rascals anyways. Maybe the term “jerk” is a little harsh for some of the characters on this list, but most of these main men either have a “tsundere” personality (Cold outward behavior while actually warm and caring), or they have a straight up bad personality that changes throughout the story.

Here are just a few dramas, in no specific order, that have the bad boys who shamelessly stole our hearts!

This Korean romantic comedy contains the perfect example of a character who is actually a jerk when we first see him; and that is Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin)!

Pompous is a nice way to phrase what his acquaintances call him, as he goes about his days of being the rich CEO of a department store. Others are ordinary and he is not to be bothered with them, is one of his firmest beliefs. He absolutely refuses to indulge in whimsical things like love at first sight; but if K-dramas have taught us anything, we know that meeting the right person can change everything!

credit : soompi news

10 Korean movies that will make you bawl like a baby

Usually I love romantic comedies, but sometimes I just need a really good cry to relieve some stress and make me feel alive. If you're in the mood for a melodramatic movie that you can let it all go to, but you don't really want to be sad for more than 2 hours, then here are 10 Korean films that are guaranteed to bring on the tears—in a goof way!

(skipped unrelated.....)

5. Late Autumn

Starring Tang Wei and Hyun Bin

Convicted of her husband's murder, Anna Chen (Tang Wei) is briefly released to attend her mother’s funeral after seven years of imprisonment. On the outset of her lonely journey, Hoon (Hyun Bin), a charming Korean gigolo, sweet talks Anna into lending him the $30 bus fare to Seattle, unknowingly setting into motion three days of passionate romance between two lost souls.

*** Ahhh.........movie again? I’ve missed his awesome face on my small screen. It’s been too long. I’ve missed him for too damn long.  The wait has been torturous. Honestly, I’m happy to have him in anything. I’ll watch anything he’s in. HB in anything is always good news. Indeed this is best news ever!  Looking forward to this. :P

June 15, 2016

Hyun-bin confirmed in fraudster role

Korean actor Hyun-bin’s agency confirmed Wednesday that he will play a fraudster in his next project.

“It is correct that Hyun-bin is acting in a new movie called ‘Kkun,’” a staff from VAST Entertainment was quoted as saying by a local media outlet.

Hyun-bin, 33, will take the fraudster role, who schemes to nab another infamous scammer.

The actor is likely to costar with Yoo Ji-tae, who was offered a role as a ruthless prosecutor going after criminals engaged in the fraud case. Yoo has not confirmed the role yet.

Hyun-bin is currently on location of “Cooperation,” an upcoming Korean film that centers on an inter-Korean project. He is playing a North Korean detective secretly sent to South Korea to bust a crime ring made up of North Korean defectors.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Hyun Bin and Yoo Ji Tae confirmed for movie about a conman and prosecutor - who's who?

hyun-bin_1466008866_af_org.jpg

Actors Hyun Bin and Yoo Ji Tae are confirmed for a new movie together!

The movie 'Kkoon's side revealed on June 15 that the two were cast in this movie about fraud, centering on a prosecutor attempting to catch a notorious con man who's victimized 30,000 people and stolen a whole lotta money.

Hyun Bin will be the intelligent con man, Hwang Ji Sung, who only targets other conmen (like Dexter with other killers but a whole lot less gory).  Opposite him, Yoo Ji Tae will be playing the Prosecutor Park Hee Soo of the prosecution office's special forces who is on the chase to catch Hwang Ji Sung.

The movie is still in the midst of casting all the main actors after which they will crank-in later this year.

source : allkpop

• 2 weeks later...

5 recommended romance dramas

There have been so many romance drama series, but the list below are must-see soap operas that would make anyone’s heart flutter.

(skipped unrelated.....)

“Secret Garden” (2010)

Famous screenwriter Kim Eun-sook wrote this drama prior to the 2016 mega-hit “Descendants of the Sun.”

Actress Ha Ji-won and actor Hyun Bin (SBS)

The 16-episode fantasy romance is well-known for its “Cappuccino Foam Kiss” scene, where actor Hyun Bin kisses actress Ha Ji-won to remove the foam from her lips after drinking a cappuccino.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1